/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Glock. What the fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 15

File: glock1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
glock1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
So I picked up a LNIB Gen 4 Glock 19 FDE a few days ago. I had avoided them when I saw they had ejection issues years ago when they came out. I figured all the problems had be fixed. But tons of brass in the face today at the range and one stove pipe out of 100 rounds fired.

It's a ZYN serial so it was made late 2015, the ejector is a 30274 part that was supposed to fix the issue, the guide rod is marked 0 3 4, not sure about extractor.

Also had one seriously fucked up round from winchester white box 115 gr 9mm. What a fucking disappointing day at the range.

Glock perfection??? How could they let these pieces of shit leave the factory? Even my old cheap ass Ruger SR9 can eject properly and hasn't had a hiccup in 3,000 rounds or so... What the fuck?

Do I fix this thing or sell it to some other poor sucker?
>>
>>34555457
Glock really is a meme.

I've ditched all of mine. There are literally better options in every caliber, at every price point.
>>
File: glock2.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
glock2.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555457
Is the extractor the problem? Seems like it would barley grab the rim the way it's slanted, others I've seen on other pistols are flat
>>
File: glock3.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
glock3.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555469
Yeah I wanted to like this G19... but how can I after half the casing hit me in the face and forehead... not to mention the stovepipe.

Extractor geometry seems strange. See how it slants to the side? I'm used to seeing flat ones.
>>
File: glock4.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
glock4.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555496
Guide rod marked 0 3 4...
>>
File: loss1.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
loss1.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555509
And this was in my 100 round box of winchester 115 gr 9mm... what. the. fuck?
>>
What lube are you using and have you tried ammo that isnt white box? Id hesitate on modifying too hard before you do some more looking into what could be the issue. Often extraction issues are caused by lube thats too viscous that can slow down the slide speed or underpowered ammo so rule those both out before doing anything major.
>>
>>34555457
>being this much of a retard
>buying a service gun that is mass produced and complaining that the manufacturer put last years part in it.
>not simply going on the makers website and seeing that parts are interchangeable and that the extractor you have is the current one used.
>extremely over inflated round count for other make and model of pistol.

You bought a service pistol in autism awareness color, get over it.
>>
File: win2.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
win2.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555524
>>
File: loss3.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
loss3.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>34555548
>>
The one fucked up round could very well be a fringe case and not something that happens regularly. Ive had something like that happen before when a case had a burr and got caught as it attempted to chamber. If it does it more than once then start to worry.
>>
>I've had 3 gen4 glocks and they've all shot perfectly
>brass, aluminum, steel cased
>only cleaning is wiping off the feed ramp with a dry q-tip every 500 rounds
>shoot suppressed

I've also shot plenty of other glocks and never had an issue; don't know what your issues are here.
>>
>>34555548
did that when reloading once. it shouldn't pass a very, very basic QC
>>
>>34555524
>>34555548
>>34555561
as much as I hate Glocks, but that's ammo related
>>
>>34555524
Personally I won't shoot WWB after getting a squib from a box of the stuff
>>
I've completely given up on Glock as a company. They do make a solid product, but it is not a class leader, or innovative in any way shape or form. They are holding on to the past, and have not improved their product in decades.
>>
>>34555544
Basic bitch Hoppes Lube oil, and just enough too, I didn't over do it. A friend had some Federal Champion, also cheap range ammo, and it still threw a few back at his face.

>>34555545
>be glock
>use tag line "perfection"
>expect people to make sure it has the "perfect" parts
>other make and model was cheaper, doesn't have a lie for a tagline, and works

Anything other than black indicates the owner suffers from autism... interesting.

I guess I could adapt to the perfect gun and just wear a face shield. That should fix it right?
>>
>>34555548
Stop freaking out. It's just a little foreskin
>>
Call customer services and explain the issue

>brass in the face
this is a dead give away you have were limp wristing.
>>
File: 1348357207799.jpg (87KB, 480x605px) Image search: [Google]
1348357207799.jpg
87KB, 480x605px
>>34555581
Came from win this way in the box

>>34555592
I'm just luck I guess, how many of the glocks were gen 4 g19s? Seems like the g19 and g17 were the main ones with the problems

>>34555598
Yeah they must be blind, I guess they visually impaired need jobs too, but they should finger fuck every bullet!

>>34555620
Never had issues with win white box... oh and I shot 16 rounds of this particular box through my SW shield with no issues today. I'm convinced thus far, it's the pistol

>>34555624
I may have to use something else, but I've used it for years no problem

>>34555627
They may have made them worse from my experience lately
>>
>>34555628

If your not limp wristing and it has stock parts it might be a genuine issue then. Make sure the recoil spring is a standard one and not one of those retarded ass aftermarket ones people try to pawn off as upgrades then try some hotter ammo. Cheap range shit is cheap range shit. It should function fine but its best to try other ammo just to see if it helps at all.
>>
>>34555669
>I'm convinced thus far, it's the pistol
no

how would a pistol do that ?

the round was probably fucked and you didn't notice it when loading
>>
>>34555658
My friend and I both tried it, brass to the face about half the time, definitely not limp wristing. We've both shot other glock 17s and 19s without these issues. If it were our faggy weak wrist it wouldve happened to us both before.
>>
File: IMG_4352.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4352.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>34555687
No no no, the round was never near the pistol, I felt it as soon as I grabbed it out of the box. I'm convinced the shit ejection is the pistols fault, not the ammo is what I'm saying.
>>
>>34555545
100 glock dollars have been deposited into your account.
>>
File: DSCF7005.jpg (199KB, 864x648px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7005.jpg
199KB, 864x648px
OP here... So, uh... What the fuck? Can this thing be fixed or do I sell it to some other poor sucker?

Here's example of a decent pistol, never gave me any problems. I want to like this g19, but so far I am disappointed
>>
>>34555457
>>34555796
>LNIB
Why do you think the original owner sold their seemingly perfectly good gun without shooting it? This is why I never buy used guns made by manufacturers that have any history of producing lemons. I know that I have gotten lemons when I bought new and, failing to get the gun fixed under warranty, I later sold them off on the secondary market. Just flip the gun, but a NIB one the next time if you want to give them another chance, or move on to something else. The Glock 23 is a great little pistol, very controllable, has never had BTTF issues that I've heard of, can often be found for sale for less than the 19 goes for, and only recoils a little harder than a 19.

That CZ 75 SP-01 may be durable, reliable and easy to shoot, but new factory magazines cost like $50. The Glock 19 magazines can be found for under $17-18, and reliable aftermarket mags can be found in the $12 range now. They also serve two different functions. The Glock 19 is a versatile gun with an easy-to-use trigger that you can conceal-carry with ease. The SP-01 is a big and heavy range gun with a DA/SA trigger. Not to say I don't like them for what they are, but you aren't going to be carrying it every day, like you could with the Glock.

>>34555524
>And this was in my 100 round box of winchester 115 gr 9mm... what. the. fuck?
I will NEVER understand why people still buy this shit ammo. Even Remington green box is better. WWB is rarely even the cheapest ammo on the shelf. You are literally paying more for lesser quality. And it's not like no one knows about WWB problems. They are widely documented and discussed, even among casual gun owners and at gun store counters.
>>
>>34555863
Yeah I figured I was probably safe since it was a late 2015 model, I remember hearing about this is 2012-2013, and avoided them even though I had wanted a g19 for awhile. Reason I bought LNIB was the FDE, my severe autism forced me to get it after I couldn't locate any new ones locally or online.

I've bought other lightly used, and heavily used firearms in the past without issue though.

The ammo was really more interesting than upsetting, but combined with the g19s lackluster performance it made for a dissapeointng range day
>>
>>34555924
>after I couldn't locate any new ones locally or online.
The colored frame guns are produced in batches. If there aren't any new FDE frame G19's on the market now, you can probably wait a few months and find one then. I can say that if you want a new gun with a similar looking theme, there are lots of NIB Glock 19's with an OD Green frame on the market right now. Glock's OD Green is really more of a darker FDE to my eye, still not really attractive, but just barely tolerable. You can also still find the full FDE and other fully poop-colored guns with different colors of cerakote right now, but I don't know if the two tone with black slide is important to you.
>>
>>34555457
Just give it some time to be broken in. My Glock 42 gave me a lot of shit when I first got it, and it was also super picky about ammo. Now that I've got a decent bit of rounds through it it's fine.
>>
>>34556090
The BTTF issue doesn't usually get better after more rounds, but rather worse. It's caused by the fitment (or tension, if you're of the mindset that the issue is fixable) of the extractor and ejector, which are MIMed to loose tolerances that are often incorrect. It can be fixed on some guns by changing the ejector (although OP's gun has the updated ejector). The extractor and the extractor depressor plunger are two other avenues to pursue to fix it, but it may cost $25-40 in extra parts before all is said and done, which is probably about what OP would lose if he turned around and flipped the gun on the secondary market and found another one to buy.

Incidentally, you may want to do some research into the Glock 42. Dozens of parts were "updated" by the manufacturer since its release in order to increase reliability.
>>
>>34556135
Huh I never knew that about the 42. I bought mine a couple months after they came out. It hasn't given me any problems besides the first couple times I shot it.
>>
>>34555796
Ill trade you a taurus for it :^)
>>
>>34556135
OP here. Thanks, I was thinking the same thing about the extractor. It seems like is has an odd shape to me, and I remember hearing that the MIM crap was to blame for the issues. I may go all the way and just throw an apex in it, but they are pricey for what they are. I'm going to do some more research on extractors for these pistols and see what's out there.

I was hoping /k/ would have some recommendations... appreciate it.
>>
>>34556294
If you wanted to step up in price, this part is often recommended: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=126833&MANF=549
>>
>>34556318
I mean *go in increments of small to high price.
>>
>>34555457

Try different ammo first. Winchester White Box is pure shit. the only time my G19 has ever stovepiped was using WWB. Approx 6000 rds no malfunctions, except once with WWB. I don't buy that shit anymore. Also found a fucked up out of spec round like you did once.
>>
>>34555457
>LNIB Gen 4 Glock 19

right there is the problem. Expecting brand new functiong from used shit
>>
>>34555524
>Buying Winchester Ammo
Why not pick up some Remington while you're at it?

In all seriousness, buy magtech = problem solved, sure there's plenty of other great brands too but that's my go to. Federal is typically great too but sometimes a bit pricey
>>
>>34555548
I've had my CZ P09 do that with WWB. Its just garbage tier ammo. Good for plinking but you get issues. Try some better ammo. Also, don't buy it from stores like walmart, bimart, or fred meyer, they get lower quality variants to save a few bucks. I know, I worked at wally world.
>>
>>34556382
>Also, don't buy it from stores like walmart, bimart, or fred meyer, they get lower quality variants to save a few bucks. I know, I worked at wally world.

explain. Do ammo manfs have a SKU specifically for wal-mart tier shittier ammo? Sounds dubious.
>>
>>34555457
A guy next to me today had his glock 19 go down, idk what it was I left just after it started having issues. My XD40 chucks rounds 4-5 feet away, cheap white box WIN and REM
>>
>>34556382
>Also, don't buy it from stores like walmart, bimart, or fred meyer, they get lower quality variants to save a few bucks. I know, I worked at wally world.
The only thing I've heard about this is that the American Eagle M855 you find in stores is selected to be sold on the commercial market because of something like... it didn't meet the Army's high QC standards, so the entire lot was disqualified from the government contract, although it's still above the typical QC standards for commercial ammo. I've never heard anything about handgun ammo.
>>
File: IMG_0323.jpg (2MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.jpg
2MB, 1200x1600px
>>34556318
Thank you sir

>>34556356
I will be using different ammo now, win lost today

>>34556358
Haha... It had maybe 15 rounds through it with no visible wear on internal parts. I put much more wear on it contacting surfaces today than it had before, and only shot about 100 rounds

>>34556382
Thanks, sorry you worked at wally, these were from academy

>>34556410
Is it fucked up I'm glad I'm not the only one?
>>
>>34555863
Plenty of people carry steel DA/SA guns every day. Stop acting like its this impractical impossible feat of strength.
>>
>>34556521
>plenty of people do it every day
Where? Point to them while explaining why it is that all of the police departments that could afford to, have upgraded to polymer guns.
>>
>>34555524
>box of winchester
Oh look, I found your problem.
>>
>>34556538
>Police
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: child.jpg (54KB, 447x308px) Image search: [Google]
child.jpg
54KB, 447x308px
>>34556575
>people who have to carry a gun for their job every single day know less than I do about everyday carry because I said so
>>
>>34556464
No, I guess it shows you're not the only one, he only shot 6 shots and it went down. I was going to get a glock too before I decided on the XD. Glad I did, hope you get it fixed and situated. I'm glad I went a different route cheaper too and 6 total mags plums holster and mag holster
>>
>>34556695
XD's are shit, bro.
>>
> gen 4

And there's your problem op my g19 gen 3 hasn't have me no problems only one time I gotten failure to feed because I mixed the mag with 115 n 124 after dat smooth sailing n I do nothing but rapid fire.
>>
File: memebang1.png (1MB, 1304x639px) Image search: [Google]
memebang1.png
1MB, 1304x639px
>>34555469
This desu.
>>
>>34555469
>There are literally better options in every caliber, at every price point.
What do you recommend over a Glock 20?
>>
>>34556589
Appeal to authority, fallacious argument.

#REKT
>>
>>34558527
Was thinking the same thing. Not really another high cap 10mm shitty enough that you don't care about losing it innawoods.
>>
>>34558551
An appeal to authority is just a shorthand way of saying "I don't feel like laying out all of the evidence and reasoning because you would probably nitpick at everything and ultimately just waste my time. Instead, just think about why the majority of people who deal with the subject do it a certain way and consider their reasoning next time you try to start a meaningless debate with someone on the internet."
>>
File: IMG_0861.jpg (43KB, 564x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0861.jpg
43KB, 564x528px
>>34558551
Holy shit go neck yourself you retard
>>
>>34558527
The other options for a 15+1 are the Rock Island double stack 1911 and the EAA Witness (available in metal or polymer frame). My main problem is that neither gun has a huge amount written about them online. Also, it's true that the Glock 20 has reliability issues with some (not all) of the "hot"/performance ammo produced for hunting.

I own a Sig P220 10mm and it is reliable with every ammo, but the recoil impulse is actually a little harder-hitting/more flippy than a Glock 20 while simultaneously having a recoil spring that's much, much stiffer and harder to rack the slide on than a Glock 20. Not that that's a big deal, but you really do feel the recoil in the P220 with "hot" ammo, whereas I feel like it's softer out of the Glock 20 - and the P220 is a 13 oz heavier gun.

Another option is that some people run .45 Super in a USP45 with a slightly heavier recoil spring, which performs around the same ballistic level as 10mm, as their woods gun, but it's not really viable for shooting a lot of rounds out of at the range, due to the cost. Of course, there's always the Desert Eagle, but those are notoriously unreliable and also large, heavy and low capacity. The Coonan .357 is low capacity and expensive, and while I haven't heard anything about the reliability, just given the fact that you're shooting revolver cartridges in a semi-auto, it's hard to believe that it would be 100% reliable with every ammo type.

I feel like the woods defense semi-auto handguns are a very underdeveloped segment of the market, just like mouse guns were 20 years ago before the P3AT/LCP came along and really changed everything.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.