[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CCW to become an hero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1488527348562.jpg (322KB, 652x922px) Image search: [Google]
1488527348562.jpg
322KB, 652x922px
My noguns/antiguns friends recently found out that I carry a CCW. It led to a discussion of them wanting to know how I would handle various situations where a ccw would come in handy. In most general one-on-one self defense situations they agreed with me but they hated my answers for anything that involved being in a group or public area with many people.

For instance:
>Them: Hey anon, what would you do if someone walked in to a packed movie theater or super market and started threatening everyone?
>Me: I would try to sneak away to an area out of sight/ear shot and call the police. Other people are not my concern and I would be held liable for any potential collateral damage if I intervened.
>Them: What's the point of carrying a gun if you aren't at least going to try to save people?

Anyway it got me thinking, do we as good Samaritan gun owners have an obligation to be a hero in that kind of situation.
Personally I think no. I think intervening while out in the open may end up being as bad as suicide.
What say you /k/?
>>
Nearly everyone can get a CCW. Fuck'em if they don't.

You
Family
Friends
Everyone else

That order for defense.
>>
>>34554548
No, you don't have a ccw to play hero. Is threatening language deadly force? No it is not. Is a drunk about your size punching you deadly force? No it is not either. Either you walk away and tell the cops or you deck the fucker and then walk away and call the cops. There is a retarded meme u hear that if you are defending yourself but you don't use your gun you weren't really threatened so always draw on attacker and blast away and make sure they die. This is untrue. In fact it's the opposite of true in most states, and I think it comes from how shooting to wound or warning shots will put you in deep shit. Stand your ground laws are different but if you go into this with that hero mentality and don use non lethal force on nonlethal threats, welcome to a world of shit where you'll ruin your life in a court battle whether you did anything wrong or not. See George zimmerman
>>
>>34554548
>do we as good Samaritan gun owners have an obligation to be a hero in that kind of situation
legally, absolutely not
>>
>>34554637

If anything there's the 'muh duty to retreat', right?
>>
>>34554654
depends on the state. but even police are under no legal obligation to engage on behalf of others
>>
>>34554636
Well I dun goofed in the OP. The actual question was if an armed person walked in and started threatening people.
But I agree with everything you said.
>>
File: 1483507524900.jpg (367KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483507524900.jpg
367KB, 1000x1000px
>>34554548

Why is Aranea Highwind dressed like Revy and have knockoffs of Revy's tattoos on her?
>>
File: 1499918316350.jpg (51KB, 670x472px) Image search: [Google]
1499918316350.jpg
51KB, 670x472px
>Them: What's the point of carrying a gun if you aren't at least going to try to save people?

Fucking noguns, man. Tell them to lay off the movies and video games.
>>
>>34554691
Well unless i was in that theater to watch it unfold there's still too many variables but if someone walked into the theater I'd either already be fucking running or have drawn and started shooting. But it's shot lite this that really need to start teaching Alice in schools
>>
File: 1493022178740.jpg (40KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
1493022178740.jpg
40KB, 297x297px
That's a serious Catch-22 situation with that question:

>Answer 1- I would draw my weapon if he opened fire on the crowd, and I would attempt to subdue him with it
"You've got a hero complex or something, what about all of the potential collateral damage you could inflict if you missed?"

>Answer 2- I would sneak away and alert the authorities to the situation
"Wow, what a coward, you wouldn't even save those poor people?"

You handled the question just fine, op; just remember that there was no way to answer it without getting heckled to begin with
>>
>>34555643
This. That there is what's called a loaded question. No right answer to those.
>>
>>34554635
>Family
depends.

>Me
>my pet
>the people I like
>hot girls and children
>my mannwich
>non-nuclear family

But in case of a mass shooting I'm just as likely to be labeled as the suspect if I start a shootout in a crowded place. Two people that can't aim do twice the damage.
>>
File: 1488493443970.jpg (376KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1488493443970.jpg
376KB, 1024x724px
>>34554697
That was actually one of the not totally retarded questions they gave me.

A lot of them were along the lines of, "Well now that I know you carry, will you back me up if I get in a bar fight?"
Not just no, but fuck no. I have 51% laws where I'm at and I'm not defending stupidity. If you pick the fight, you get the beating.

>>34555643
>"Wow, what a coward, you wouldn't even save those poor people?"
Yeah that's basically what happened.
I gave the "I'd rather be alive and a coward, then a dead hero" response to that.

>>34556480
>I'm just as likely to be labeled as the suspect if I start a shootout in a crowded place.
I feel your pain.
The media may crucify me for being the good guy if I shoot.
Not so much because of accuracy but more because I have a foreign sounding name.
>>
File: 1489036409512.jpg (232KB, 579x819px) Image search: [Google]
1489036409512.jpg
232KB, 579x819px
>>34554696
>Aranea Highwind
It's Suzumi
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.