[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think? Do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (329KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 825x464px
Has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think? Do you think it would have been possible for apes to hold out against humans so long? Do you think there is any possibility that any humans could have survived the virus and still be holding out against the apes?
>>
>>34553487
It sounds like a boring CGI shit fest, who gives a shit. Start a discussion about a decent movie at least.
>>
I would have scavenged nuclear weapons and nuked the apes.

>muh triggers, you can't do that.

you could take apart a few bombs and reassemble the material into a crude gun type bomb.

why do post apocalypse movies always ignore the fact that petrol and diesel go bad after a year or two? at least Mad Max movies have people still making fuel. almost everyone else has them just finding fuel that is many years old and just driving away.
>>
File: 1499660450548.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1499660450548.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>this shitty franchise is still alive
Fucking unbelievable.
>>
>>34553487
>Has anyone else seen this movie?
no. somebody needs to stream it for us
>>
>>34553487
Humans + thermals + guns = dead Apes.
>>
>>34553487
>Do you think there is any possibility that any humans could have survived the virus and still be holding out against the apes
The apes were getting their asses handed to them but as the movie depicts the humans that survived the virus are now starting to suffer a mutation that degrades their mental ability, losing speech intelligent thought ect ect and eventually reverting to a primitive state. Not to mention Woody's rouge outfit and the remaining US armed forces cancel each other out in the final battle, leaving no real threat to the apes anymore as the virus mutation will eventually turn the remaining human population into neanderthals.
>>
>>34553487

I didn't like this movie as much as I liked DAWN. Dawn was a more "balanced" movie. There were likeable human characters and likeable ape characters, so when they fought, it felt like a tragedy. In WAR, all the humans are sadistic assholes with very little character development. The mute girl is the only exception, and she turns out to be a very unimportant character in the grand scheme of the movie.
>>
>>34554303
Rise was balanced.

both sides had sympathetic characters and assholes.
>>
>>34553487
do they still use Magpul product like in the second movie
>>
File: wftpota.png (443KB, 880x1042px) Image search: [Google]
wftpota.png
443KB, 880x1042px
>>34553487
>>
>>34553767
>petrol and diesel go bad after a year or two
It depends. Gas without ethanol blends, stored in an airtight container can last forever.
>>
>>34554397
good luck finding that in the Americas. it either has corn ethanol from the US/Canada in it, or sugar cane ethanol from Brazil.
>>
>>34554263
Why does everyone forget about the rest of the world? About the rest of the Utes states? And where did those other humans come from and why do they care of the colonel is killing humans infected with the new mutated virus?
>>
>>34553487
Anyone else think the CGI looked really iffy in the trailer?
>>
>>34554748

Trailers frequently use unfinished CGI. It looks consistently excellent in the actual movie.
>>
File: 1480014142444.jpg (66KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1480014142444.jpg
66KB, 657x527px
>>34554757
>Trailers frequently use unfinished CGI. It looks consistently excellent in the actual movie.
Really? I never knew that
>>
>>34554397
>last forever
It will still degrade, now white gas (coleman fuel) on the other hand, will last a very long time. I don't think you can run an engine on it though because the octane is so low.

>>34554723
In South Florida at least there are plenty of stations offering REC-90 and non-ethanol 87.
>>
File: 1498944959965.png (97KB, 343x322px) Image search: [Google]
1498944959965.png
97KB, 343x322px
1. >>>>/tv/

2. no, I only watched the original film and even that one was only moderately okay. The reboots are all pretty awful

3. human beings could destroy every other species on earth through the use of pesticides, hence why the setup for the original film was a nuclear war killing everyone
>>
File: 1496871705405.png (11KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1496871705405.png
11KB, 645x773px
>Tfw the colonel's death
>>
>>34553778

it's all made for export now, specifically china. It's also why there are so many pirates of the caribeean movies, because that's apparently popular over there
>>
>>34553487
I havent watched it, but I've seen trailers;
As far as I can tell, humans have at least a single Apache Helicopter.

I can only assume they lose to the monkeys, in the most retarded way imaginable.
>>
>>34554972

Gary Oldman's character in DAWN was so much better despite having less screen time.
>>
>>34555012

There is actually a good reason for this which I could explain, but /k/ doesn't allow spoiler tags.
>>
>>34553487
>new nigger apoligst movie
>humans are the bad guys

gee, what a surprise. why can't the reboot be intellectually a bit more interesting and captivating like the original? it was even educational, introducing loads of normies to stuff like the grandfather paradox etc....
>>
>>34553487
OP your question is less weapons oriented and more animal oriented. The thing of the franchise is Apes are smart enough to use our weapons effectively.
What matters is how our weapons work on them and their physical strength/agility.
Rifles will kill Apes just as well as people, but Apes have several times the strength of an average person, and are capable of acrobatics that make evasion of human forces much easier.

Also I stopped after the first one, so I'm unsure what the virus killing humans even is.
>>
>>34556279
A scientist decided that the best way to introduce his alzheimers cure into the body was an airborne virus that was engineered to defeat the human immune system.
>>
>>34553487
i doubt a planet of the apes shit would happen humans have suppiror tech and training

it would be like fighting super strong humans with zero military training
>>
I fuckin hate anything anti-human

Btw we would immediataly ebola or simian aids the fuck out of them, all <1million of the apes left on earth. Friendly reminder that killing 99.99% of humans will leave those apes outnumbered over 7:1
>>
>>34556415
and he didn't bother making a vaccine for it at the same time, or after the first movie, apparently.
>>
>>34555033
Faggot. Most passive agressive faggot 'look what i have, you cant have it na na na' thing ive read all day. Gdiaf
>>
>>34557519
>Friendly reminder that killing 99.99% of humans will leave those apes outnumbered over 7:1
True. But the whole point is the Apes just have to long last long enough for the humans to all become retarded. Kind of pisses me off since the only effective moral to take away from the story is to stop any new medical research but hey.
>>
I cant wait until the sequel where a dude is blasted into space and lands some time later but for slme readon tahat no one in the audience could possible know, there are fucking monkeys in charge. The big reveal at the end that they are on earth will fucking blow peoples minds
>>
>>34557581

Okay, I'll tell you. The helicopters aren't fighting the apes. They're fighting other humans. There is a civil war going on among the humans which has nothing to do with the monkey's at all.
>>
>>34554340
Still asking the most important questions /k/, I see.
>>
>>34557638
Newscasts in RISE make reference to the Icarus spacecraft a couple times, same name of the vessel from the original movies.
>>
I'm not sure, guys. I think the monkey is supposed to be the good guy, but as a human, I feel like the humans should win.

Seriously, why would anybody cheer for the other species?
>>
>>34557585
>Kind of pisses me off since the only effective moral to take away from the story is to stop any new medical research but hey.
I Think it might be a metaphor for advanced AI
>>
>>34553487
how many times do they have to remake this movie? wasnt 2015 Baltimore enough?
>>
>>34553767
You can run diesel engines on crude oil

Just pump and centrifuge the water and shit out
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.