[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the M308 considered an AR10? How does it compare to other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: mr308.jpg (155KB, 1200x790px) Image search: [Google]
mr308.jpg
155KB, 1200x790px
Is the M308 considered an AR10? How does it compare to other AR10s (such as the SR-25 and M110) in terms of accuracy, effective range, durability, and reliability?
>>
>>34550820
*MR308
>>
>>34550820
M110 is the military designation for the SR-25. They are (or can be) the same gun. I don't know what an M308 is. That's not a military designation or the name of a model of gun as far as I can find. Since you posted a picture of a Scar 17, I'm going to assume that's what you're talking about. Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Bear in mind there are 2 variants of the Scar 17 that the military uses. The one you posted, the Mk. 17, and the Mk. 20 or SSR, which may or may not be fielded yet, I don't remember, and I don't know much about it. From what I've read though, the people in the military liked the Mk. 17 a lot. It gets 1 MOA or better accuracy, is very reliable, has same range as any other 7.62 out of a 16 inch barrel. Probably 700 yards or a little more if you're hot shit. The British were looking at it for the L129-A1 but decided on the MWS because the scar was too light which made follow up shots harder, or at least that's what forgotten weapons told me.

Personally, I've shot 2 different scars but I don't own any. I can say that they are light but they also recoil surprisingly light. Idk about max range because the farthest I shoot is 200 yards. I'd totally buy one if I could justify it though.
>>
I'm not sure what you're expecting, they're all moa-capable .308 rifles. Only real difference is reliability, since the SR25 has a horrid reputation shearing rifling after repeated mags (presumably fixed with the SASS revision) and the MR308 hasn't got a chromed barrel, which may or may not matter to you. Beyond that, a well kept zeroed SCAR with good ammo is going to perform on par with a well kept zeroed AR10 with good ammo, even a DPMS budget model.
>>
>>34550820
If it has a normal piston, it isn't much of an ARanything.

NO REASON TO GO THE AR ROUTE IF YOU ARE gonna use a piston.

Get a FAL, vepr, or w/e instead then.
>>
>>34551609
>MR308 hasnt got a chromes barrel
It has one, faggot.
http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/sport/rifles/mr308-a3/mr308-a3-20/overview.html
>>
>>34551609
>>34552041
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a chromed barrel?
>>34551997
Is a MR308 not more accurate and better range than FAL, VEPR, G3, etc?
>>
>>34552954
>better range
They're all 7.62 rifles with 14"+ barrels, they're going to have the same practical range.
>>
>>34552971
Yet supposedly AR10s are much more accurate than G3s, and G3s more than FALs
>>
>>34552954
>What are the advantages/disadvantages of a chromed barrel?
Significantly longer barrel life and corrosion resistance.

It is often produces a less accurate barrel since plating can lead to inconsistencies in the bore. However, some manufacturers like FN have some super secret special sauce methods that gets them fantastically consistent chrome bores.
>>
>>34552982
I dont see what bearing range has on accuracy. They'll all fire a round out to 800 yards easily, that doesn't mean they'll have comparable groupings.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.