[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ARs are harder to field strip than AKs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 750px-Elongated_circle_555.svg.png (40KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
750px-Elongated_circle_555.svg.png
40KB, 750x600px
>ARs are harder to field strip than AKs
>>
>>34548039
lie
>>
>>34548057
I've seen/heard people say this including The Military Channel for some fucking reason.
>>
It's literally true though

Well, maybe not for everyone else but my pivot pins are fucking impossible as shit to remove
>>
>>34548039
The AK was made for stupid niggers to shoot randomly into the jungle.
>>
>>34548039
Guess it depends how you define "field strip"
>>
>>34548039
AK is easier to field strip tho....
>>
>>34548115
I honestly don't know how that could possibly be. I can remove mine without fingernails even.
You only need to pop one pin and pull the BCG out.
Meanwhile I will say that getting your dust cover back on an AK can be a cunt some times.

>>34548116
So was the AR, and it was executed as such.
>>
>>34548164
>not IRAQing your dust cover
https://youtu.be/hi0Hr2YHgEw
>>
>>34548213
>using fine motor control to install a non-critical part against the accepted method
This is exactly what i mean.
An AR is literally bang it down and smack the pin back in place.
Not only is the dust cover an area of issue but also getting the AK bolt to stay in proper alignment (I'm bad at explaining exactly what i mean here) while trying to get it on the rails is somewhat tricky.
Comparatively the AR feels flawless in the methods of field stripping and reassembly.
And this is not to belittle the AK. I just don't understand where this notion that the AR is this hyper-advanced precision instrument is coming from.
>>
>>34548285
It came from 'nam before they had the forward assist and dust cover and they were jam-tastic as a result.
>>
>>34548213
That's how I've done it with my SKS since I got it. Didn't know it was that uncommon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.