[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much does training and military life fucks up human body,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

How much does training and military life fucks up human body, excluding battle injuries? Same question with special forces. What about pilots, crewmen etc
>>
You get to be a guinea pig for all sorts of fun experimental medications. Unless you actually get sick, then you get Motrin.

t.Narrowly avoided anthrax vaccine
>>
>>34547765
well my ankle clicks, lost range of motion in one of my hips and my low back hurts

I wasn't even airborne. would always see former airborne guys with double knee braces at 30.

>t leg
>>
Depends on the job.

I've been a medic in the army for 8 years. Infantry will kill your knees, back, and feet. X 2 if you're airborne. There's always the possibility of any injuries during any kind of training that can end your career at any moment. Special forces / ranger are infantry times 50. Pick a chill job or your body will hurt. Im done with medic and I'm dropping a warrant packet to go pilot this month.
>>
>>34547899
>There's always the possibility of any injuries during any kind of training that can end your career at any moment.

Fuck man talk about roll overs, either kill you or fuck you up real good.
>>
File: internal-external-hemorrhoids.jpg (16KB, 342x240px) Image search: [Google]
internal-external-hemorrhoids.jpg
16KB, 342x240px
>>34547765
I had hemorrhoids within 3 years. The fucked up diet, high stress, and frequent inability to get to a pot when you need is basically a recipe for butt balloons. That means stinging, painful wiping, and a lot of bright red blood on the TP and in the bowl when you wipe.
>>
>Larry Vickers
>>
>>34547765
As has been said above, anything infantry based, as in you humping your kit about the place, will eventually fuck your knees and back up. Also a lot more likely to break ankles, wrists, and do other damage to yourself that could fuck you up in the long run.
Knew a guy in phase 1 who had fairly mild spinal issues going in, by the end of it he had a spine shaped like an S, had to drop out and get 3+ years of chiropractics before he could attempt it again. Pretty sure he lied about it on the intake medical, but then again who doesnt.
>>
>>34547938
Picrelated; how the internal ones get removed. Either that, or you have to lube up and insert a tube of Preparation H (don't worry, it comes with an internal applicator). By the time I got out, the internal ones were so bad they prolapsed (read: came out, blocking half the asshole in the process) with every bowel movement.

Of course, it's one of those things no one ever talks about, and no one in the Navy wants to tell Medical you're bleeding from the asshole, so I never found out that's what it was until I'd been out for 5 years. Medical made me hate going to the doctor's so much I didn't get a new primary care until my wife basically made me. In the meantime, every time I crapped it was literally a bloody shitshow. Add in some IBS for flavor, that also seems to have been Navy induced.
>And that's why you don't go nuke
>>
>>34547938
Can confirm. I don't have hemorrhoids but am shitting blood regularly and the army is now trying to find out why.

Also, I'm a young guy but once you hit e5 as a tanker your knees instantly fail from all the jumping on and off. Despite constant mindfulness to carefully drop, slide off when possible, the repetition destroys knees and cramped quarters with heavy lifting destroys backs.
>>
>>34547934
Just the other day there was a rollover on the interstate. Two dudes were crushed by an up armored humvee
>>
>>34548025
Has anyone looked with an inserted scope yet?

Seriously, OP, shitting blood one way or another is not uncommon at all. Pretty fucked up when you think about it. Probably doesn't help that everyone is a coffee swilling alcoholic.
>>
>>34548063
It's like i always used to say, if my shits were a movie they'd be "There will be blood"
>>
>>34548109
Don't trust military medical to be even vaguely competent. If no one has actually looked up your butt yet, it may be worth spending money out of pocket for care outside the military.
>>
>>34547938
>>34548000
Jesus anons, I'm sorry to hear about this. I've dealt with hemorrhoids in my civilian life and know how bad they can be there. I imagine that it's even worse while serving.

I hope y'all's buttholes are feeling better these days.
>>
>>34548152
>I hope y'all's buttholes are feeling better these days.
Nope. Preciate the sentiment, tho.

Fun fact: it's one of the other reasons it's important to always stay hydrated, even when not involved in physical activity.
>>
One more thing. I had a buddy who was a 50 cal gunner for a year and bouncing on that shitty strap fucked his back so bad he can't sit for more than 15 minutes without locking up
>>
File: A00407F01.jpg (10KB, 200x222px) Image search: [Google]
A00407F01.jpg
10KB, 200x222px
>>34548000
Also, shin splints. Consequence of the insanely shitty Bates brand boots the Navy issued in the early 2000s, and me being a cheap bastard who didn't do the right thing; throw the standard issue in the fucking garbage, and go buy $150 Red Wings out of pocket. Walking a watch on base with those, and then slogging up and down 70° degree metal stairs on the ship, while carrying tools and gear all day long.
>>
File: 1496330581990.jpg (54KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496330581990.jpg
54KB, 800x800px
>>34547817

CAN CONFIRM THIS

t. got the anthrax vaccine had had to go to the hospital for heart problems
>>
>>34547765
I've had surgery on the left shoulder twice since I've gotten out for a torn rotator cuff.
My knees are pretty much done for, I can still run but it hurts like hell and I feel like laying in bed all day the next day.
I had a slipped disk and my lower back is fucked up from an IED on my first tour.
On my second I lost all hearing in my right ear and have a TBI from a grenade going off on the other side of a door I had just jumped through.
>>
Everything from the mid back down is totally fucked for me. I'm basicly paralyzed on my bed as I post, the my back out again. One tibial plateau fracture two broken feet hip displacement cracked brestplate and all I did was work on guns (2111) good times, but would rather not be crippled at 27.
>>
>>34547899
>Special forces / ranger are infantry times 50.

This. The serious high-speed types train so much they are at serious risk of RSI, repetitive strain injuries from constant exercise and shooting that fucking much.

I was only infantry, and my knees still give me problems if I do more than a day or two of actual physical work without several days of sitting around, ankles and hips start giving problems after that, and my back doesen't work quite right, but usually doesn't give me problems any more after I switched to an expensive fuckin mattress to baby it. This is all pretty standard shit from humping a million pounds of gear, though.

If I don't do wrist exercises on the regular, I start to lose range of motion and they pop like motherfuckers. I don't know what that's from. I know I've got some hearing loss, but I was always an audio geek before joining and was "that fuckin guy" that actually didn't mind using earpro so I can actually have conversations without hearing aids.

My actual feet are in pretty good condition because people drilled some good habits into me about foot care in the infantry but my toenails are fuckin gnarly from kicking doors and shit, getting mashed on and stubbed constantly and the strain of walking forever in boots. They keep trying to grow in completely flat and loose and I'm terrified they're gonna catch on something and rip clean out.
>>
I heard Op 4 contracts fuck your knees up so bad that you get a coupon for 15% off a powered wheelchair.
>>
>>34550818
Scout here. Knees are fucky but not terrible, back is trash, feet are perpetually fucked up, despite near religious foot care. Used to have feet tougher than hell, now I get blisters if I scratch my foot too much.
>>
>>34547765
Staying longer than 4 years in active duty will destroy your knees, back, and possibly hands.

But you get a pension to buy tons of beer and drugs. So I guess thats nice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.