[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annoying Things in the Gun Industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 30

File: TheRock.png (442KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
TheRock.png
442KB, 825x464px
What bothers you about the industry and community? I'll start:

>Reviewers that are obviously paid off or are so brand-biased that they might as well be
>People that exclusively judge a firearm by its 'tactical value' instead of looking at the context in which it was designed
>Quasi-cultist training instructors that oftentimes engage in extremely reckless behavior
>Constant cheapening of products by certain major gun manufacturers
>The same manufacturers saying the bald-faced lie that 'improvements were made to the design'
>>
>>34546516
Hillary hole.
>>
>>34546516
>"OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS"
>*sells record amounts of guns and ammo*
>>
>>34548045
>What are panic buys
>What is a congress that opposed gun control measures to begin with
>What are the various EO Obama made to hinder importation of arms
>What is putting an anti-gun justice in the SCOTUS
Stop with the lies already.
>>
>>34548045

damn dude. is it hard being that simple

>>34546516

Russians and eastern euros have been putting together decent if not fantastic AKs for decades yet we can't get a decent fucking AK made in the states in (current year) yet an AR can be had as cheap as a fucking glock
>>
>>34546516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUBZ3EwoiRc&t=19s
>>
>Market is flooded with carry pistols and tacticool AR clones
>"I know, I'm gonna make ANOTHER range of carry pistols and AR clones!"
I miss things like variety and innovation. The AR is turning into the Brown Bess of the 21st century.
>>
>>34549256
Yeah...yet another fucking AR, way to jump in at the height of freshness!
>>
>>34548376
yankee marshall is a fucking faggot. He's almost as unwatchable as nutnfancy.
>>
>either marketing abso-fucking-lutely everything as tactical OR appealing to the fuddest of fudds, with ZERO in-between
>low-effort dogshit reproductions
>every single fucking company riding on nothing more than brand recognition and past success
>obligatory "niggers"
>expensive/unobtanium ammo that should be widely produced due to the sheer apparent demand for it
>>
File: 1492934547636.jpg (406KB, 2193x2617px) Image search: [Google]
1492934547636.jpg
406KB, 2193x2617px
>>34546516
>Reviewers that are obviously paid off or are so brand-biased that they might as well be

This in particular makes my blood boil.

These type of fucksticks don't actually know what the fuck they're talking about and review guns for the sake of reviewing guns. They don't have to """"""""""""""review""""""""""""""" EVERY fucking gun under the sun. The reviews are usually "it's nice here's the spec sheets blah blah blah it is a smooth shooter good trigger wow its p good guys and they shelve it after a week to never shoot ever again.

>yankee marshall
>s00tch
>mrgunsandgear
>military arms channel

Just to name a few.

>firearms articles that are written by dumbshits
>firearms videos by people that are unable to articulate or efficiently convey what would otherwise take 3 minutes to do and have a dumb video of them blathering for 15 minutes
>>
>>34546516
NFA restricted development
>>
>>34549256
>>34549517
Seriously.
I've almost reached the point where I just don't give any kind of a shit about anything in the industry because every shot show and such feels like fucking groundhog day.
>>
The American gun industry? Fucking everything, but mainly:
>price jacking

>political payouts.. I'm looking at you SA and RRA

>"this gun is manly and MACHO AND IF YOU DON'T BUY IT YOU'RE A FUCKING PUSSY" type of advertising

>companies rapidly declining in production quality

>and our Ak's are brutally inferior and always will be at this rate
>>
>>34546516
The random passing fads that gun buyers go through.

The X95, 300 memeout, etc.
>>
Fuck all of that shit. Treat the reviews as the marketing material they are, buy guns you think are interesting, and shoot them.
>>
File: 1497992614972.jpg (413KB, 759x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1497992614972.jpg
413KB, 759x1053px
>>34546516
>AR15s! AR15s! AR15s! AR15s
>POLYMER HANDGUNS POLYMER HANDGUNS POLYMER HANDGUNS
I cannot stand how little differentiation there is. Kel Tec may not make very good shit but at least they make interesting shit that not everyone else does
>>
File: 1500091728751.jpg (33KB, 652x315px) Image search: [Google]
1500091728751.jpg
33KB, 652x315px
I've been saying it for the last three years and I will continue to say it until it ends

The AR-15 is the cancer killing the American gun market.
>>
>>34551159
Ruger seems like it's attempting to hit a few niche markets. Also, their quality hasn't gone to absolute shit, unlike the other large American manufacturers.

>Ruger precision rifle
>Gunsite scout
>M77/* carbines
>A bunch of miscellaneous revolvers
>Mini 14 (pretty much the only new production non AR semi auto 5.56 under $2000)
>Charger pistol
>>
>>34549256
Variety maybe but there is no innovation to be had.
>>
>>34551218
>the ar15 being cheap and good will somehow kill the market
Plenty of other offerings that you are too fucking poor for, darling.
>>
I am curious on how winchester and browning have gone in terms of QC in recent times?
>>
>>34551261
Supposedly they're looking into making integrally suppressed 10/22 variants as well, if the HPA passes.
>>
File: 1499952496557.jpg (36KB, 275x674px) Image search: [Google]
1499952496557.jpg
36KB, 275x674px
>>34551261
yeah as much hate as ruger gets I do appreciate the wide variety of options that not many other people provide. I really Norinco wasnt banned form import because of all the interesting shit they build and bring into canada. I can only image whatd they throw together for the US market
>>
>>34551309
For fucks sake, the HPA MIGHT NOT COME INTO EFFECT FOR TWO FUCMING YEARS AT THE EARLIEST

Suppressor companies are going under and any innovation has fucking stalled the fuck out because regards like younger no idea how the political process goes.
>>
Liberals
>>
>>34551293
I think what anon meant is that they're essentially destroying the aspect of innovation as a whole in the industry.
Which is pretty much the case.
>>
>>34549517
>>expensive/unobtanium ammo that should be widely produced due to the sheer apparent demand for it
Its actually getting better with the internet dude, before you only had so many weirdos in a square mile with a hardon for obsolete or rare cartridges and average retailers cant go for boxes that move at a rate of two a year.
online retailers can afford your martini ammo because they are selling in a several thousand mile range.
>>
>>34551349
Name one fucking thing that can be improved in guns, especially the long arms market. Engineers aren't magicians, materials science has mostly peaked in the consumer market, any new automatic rifle design is going to be less reliable, less accurate, heavier, more expensive to produce than what is currently out. I'm not even saying this as an AR fan, any number of piston designed actions have been tried and perfected, there is no more fat to trim, there is no more muscle to give, there are no more tits and ass to slap.
>>
>>34551309
Yeah they recently launched a line of suppressors. I guarantee if the HPA passes they'll release a whole bunch of new and interesting options.

>suppressed american rifle in 300 AAC
>suppressed m77/44
>suppressed mk iv's

Supposedly wolf is about to start importing 9x39. There's nothing on the market that shoots that round, so there's a lot of speculation around what they're also planning on bringing over.

Really the NFA needs to be repealed, so the industry can have another boom of innovation and variety. Or at least the parts around SBRs and suppressors. That would create another boom, and keep the capital flowing.

The last decade of panic has pretty much killed all innovation. The industry is a skeleton of what it once was. Without some sort of kick in the ass, the gun industry is going to suffer. It's a shame too, seeing as it's one of the few industries where they still manufacture things in America. Seems like Trump should be all over this...
>>
>>34551293

I never said there weren't other offerings.

The inability or unwillingness of manufacturers to produce alternatives to or competition for the AR-15 at a substantive level will literally be what brings it down. The gun-banning politicians and media knows the AR-15 and know it well: it's widespread popularity and distribution horrifies them and may be what inevitably leads to another assault weapons ban.

Stagnation brings with it complacency and complacency brings with it decline. Without ways to energise or entice new customers the manufacturers will loose profits and inevitably a decline in revenue will bring about a closure of companies, which will eventually result in an inability to fill demand (for a short while) or a plateau.

The average cost of a firearm sale is less than $500. The majority of gun owners are not in the market for the several thousand dollar other selections of rifles, and as a result the AR-15 dominates the low end of the market on rifle sales. If it becomes uneconomical to produce other rifles, companies will simply stop doing so.

Eventually it's just going to be surplus self loading rifles, ARs, and boutique self loaders along with the standard bolt and lever rifle range of things. And that's boring. Boring and cancer, because it makes it far easier to justify the banning of self loading rifles, this turning millions of otherwise peaceful and law abiding gun owners into criminals.
>>
>>34551384
Sounds just like what everybody's been saying at any point in history ever.
>>
Gun owners that have near religious obsessions with their favorite gun, and therefore, shit out emotion-based arguments in support of them. Usually some gun with glaring deficiencies that they refuse to admit exists, and usually spouting their bullshit to new shooters.

Related to the above, and going along with what >>34550943 said, gun owners who conflate their masculinity with the gun they choose. Insist on using less effective firearms for a given purpose because "A real man uses 12 gauge/.308/.44 magnum/.30-06/7.62x54R." Usually the faggots you see preaching about how the military should go back to M14s or some silliness like that.

Gun owners that can't buy a gun because they like it or for their collection, everything has to be "for the SHTF" or "a duty gun."

Specific to /k/, "I have an autistic obsession with (insert absurd or obsolete weapon here), let me post a huge thread where I bitch at everyone who explains to me there's no market for a reproduction of the Bergman chambered for 9x25 Dillon, and that's why it'll never be mass produced and sold for $500."

From the industry side, cancerously huge logos, HK style selector markings on EVERYTHING, trashy tacticool shit like Punisher logos or Spartan helmets.
>>
>>34551418
When mechanical watches were new they sucked, now they are pretty much impossible to improve on outside of incremental measures. We live in the age of the mature technology.

>>34551416
>the ar15 being in more hands than ever means it's going to be easier to ban
You could have saved yourself the time and just written you were an autistic moron.
>>
>>34551384
Not that guy, but there is still SOME room for development in certain niche areas, although they probably aren't as glamorous as what most would want

>complete perfection of helical and 'ultra' capacity magazines
>A modular rifle system capable of extreme caliber changes with ease (even moreso than the AR-15, think original ACR concept without being snake oil)
>Adoption of integrated optical sights that aren't total shit
>>
>>34551085
300 blackout regardless of your personal opinions on it has become incredibly widespread.

>>34551451
Yeah I can see that, but then you run into the physical limitations of how many bullets you can put on a gun before it's too heavy to be practical and optics are a personal preference, actually think we moved backwards with not having irons come standard.

A modular system sounds nice until you realize mags are going to have to be bought separately and be the limiting factor.
>>
>>34551443

Was this last election not a serious concern that they'd be banned? Or are we living in alternate dimensions?
Theres more than enough articles out there by the standard crowd of antis who found it horrifying that the AR is as common as it is.
Theres a rule in opposition-assign a name or a face-a shape- to what your opposition is. By doing so you make it easier to unify against that thing-the AR is that thing. They were able to brand the AR-15 as a machine of death because it is common, because it is cheap, and because there is no variety in its price point. If there were several competing models in that price range, like there used to be, then there wouldn't be nearly as large of a united front against the MSR market. It's much harder to pass a ban on an vague definition of rifles nationally then it is to select a single type or build and outlaw it, thusly denying access to the market for millions of people who can not enter the self-loading rifle market on a lower budget now because that general type of rifle that previously filled that market is banned by name.
>>
>>34551451
>>34551384
What about plasma rifles? Particularly something in the 40 watt range.
>>
>>34551416
>standard bolt and lever rifle range of things
Hell lever actions have gone to shit for the most part, ever since Remington decided it was going to destroy Marlin.

I'm hoping Ruger steps up, and makes a stainless clone of the 1894c (or equivalent). I'm still confused why no one has done this. When they were available (pre-Remington) they couldn't keep them on the shelves, so clearly there's a demand.
>>
>>34551491
Oh wow, you read image macros of alinski must have been a real redpill.

You fucking troglodyte, I haven't seen such obtuse fucking stupidity in years. the reason why the AR is going to be impossible to ban widely is because the normalization of a selfloading rifle with detachable magazines. The concept of such a thing becoming as common as the deer rifle was fantasy in the assault weapons ban and look where it is now. And even then the opposition relies on ignorance. It doesn't fucking matter if there were a dozen competing designs with exactly equal marketshare because they will focus on the fucking mechanics of what they find a threat to them, detachable magazines and reliable semi automatic function.

A name? They can't even tell the difference between an AK or AR most times.
>>
>>34546579
I really don't understand this meme, I have a 686 and I don't get why it's such a problem. The lock is actually kinda useful because it's my nightstand gun and I always can just lock it when I leave the house so my kids or any visitors wont do some stupid shit with it while i'm gone
>>
>>34551564
buy a safe you jackass.

Also it's possible for the lock to fail, disabling your gun at the most inopportune time.

This is why I basically stick to Ruger revolvers, or J frames.
>>
>>34551568
I get this feeling the lock paranoia is the same paranoia people have about Glocks exploding, because in my years of extensive shooting I have never had a problem with it.
>>
>>34551532

Alinski was a decent read I guess but it's not like he came up with that idea. It's a fairly standard propaganda SOP. How's the ad hominems working though? Take that from Schopenhauer? Whyte maybe?

You imply that the widespread use of self loading rifles only reached the American marketplace with the AR. Are you not familiar with the Model 8? The M1 rifle and Carbine? Or the surplus self loading rifles from the USSR and Germany that were imported in the 50s and 60s. What about the FN-49, MAS-49/56, SKS? These rifles proliferated the markets at various points before and along with the AR family. It's a fairly recent phenomenon for them to turn to the MSR market because the AR has been modeled to them. It's been turning up increasingly in the last few years in their media as exactly what to ban; it's exactly why Gersh Kuntzman was given a tampon holster and why we have memes like "non stop warfare". It's produced a sort of brand recognition for the common pattern, and has become so exceeding common it's forced stagnation.

It's also one of the major progenitors of the majority of the toxic crap that people can't stand, like the masculinity culture, "warrior" culture, zombie/tacticool/mallninja crap, but that's a different topic.
>>
>>34551485
>300 blackout regardless of your personal opinions on it has become incredibly widespread.
Because it serves a purpose, but it's still a meme.
300BLK has two things going for it: its ballistics and its suppressability.
Consider a state where suppressors are not readily available, such as here in California. The only benefit 300BLK offers over 5.56 in this situation is its ballistics, which more or less emulate 7.62x39. Except you can, for much cheaper, get an AR in 7.62x39. So why bother going for 300blk when the prices haven't dropped? They're still surprisingly common here in commiefornia, and for what appears to be no good reason.
I'm interested in hearing why if there's something I've missed, but around here it just seems dumb as shit.

Beyond that I have no problem with the round, or AAC for that matter. I do have a problem with it becoming the newest fad, where people jump onto it for no particular or good reason.
>>
>>34551583
They were never as popular as the AR15, don't draw false equivalence there, I'm not saying stop being vigilant but you are utterly retarded to think one platform gaining a large market share is going to be what kills rifles.

You are just bitter SCARs aren't 500 bucks from my understanding of your mental gymnastics to reach the conclusion that somehow a lack of variety is inherently going to kill the market via regulation.
>>
>>34551581
It's not just about the practical issues, but also more of it being S&W kowtowing to democrats in trying to make some money off gun control by selling their dumb fuck locks.

Why do you think it's called a Hillary hole?
>>
>>34551634
Yeah I get the whole political argument, but I have a hard time blaming S&W for it because I just believed they are trying to future proof their guns against legislation. Although I don't agree with it, I can kinda empathize with it.
>>
>>34551624

Lack of variation does kill markets but regulation is just one of those reasons. Competition is good.

I never said they were-now who's preforming the mental gymnastics? I simply stated that these were self loading rifles of eras before or along with the AR that were in the market as well. You're the one who's been drawing false equivalents this whole time-Ive simply been staying that based on a noticible trend of historical examples market stagnation on a single product is bad and can lead to overregulation of the market, or lead to the decline of the market and prevent access to the market by financial channels, points which you have been unable to refute.

No where did I indicated what rifles-if any-I own. How do you know I'm not a Canadian or an Englishman with an interest in the American firearms market? How do you know I even want to own any of them or that I don't own an AR anyways? Or that I even like MSRs and I'm not a milsurp collector?
>>
>>34551646
never negotiate with terrorists
>>
>>34551416
Market stagnation is an ever growing threat, but AR's at this point are more commonly owned than any other type of rifle. Suppressor deregulation will drive innovation further.
The fact is obscure/non-american 5.56/7.62 NATO weapons that aren't a AR or AK typically are tied up in government hell (FAMAS - MAS was owned by French Govt., I think Nexter has acquired them, but it is hard to get a defense firm like that to agree to US sales). As for shit that is available but expensive/boutique - Blame sporting purpose bullshit and esp. importation bans targeted at certain countries - I'd personally like to see cheap Norinco M-14's return - but our government sees fit to outright ban things from importation instead of making the logical choice by applying an extremely heavy tariff.
I would buy a Norinco for $1200 bucks - half of that tariff costs, simply because it's miles ahead of a Springshit and is forged
>>
>>34551424
The M14 is 100% the worst battle rifle ever designed.
Make sure to remind every faggot who thinks otherwise by showing them your FAL
>>
>>34551650
There isn't stagnation so much as the physical limitations for gas systems have been reached, you seem to be of the opinion there is anywhere to go now until a breakthrough in cartridges. In any free market a preference towards a particular platform is going to be a given and the AR15 is that platform, it by no means is crowding out other offerings because that assumes the vast majority wouldnt simply go to the next lowest price option in which case you would be railing against that.

It can't lead to regulation because the logic of the potential regulators isn't anymore tied to the image of the AR than the AK or the Tavor, or the RDB, or the SCAR, or the Mini 14 All of which have their fair share of fans disproving your argument the AR is somehow actively crowding out other offerings. It's entirely based on the features they don't. like his is why I'm saying you are making false equivalences to other less popular and historical examples of autoloading rifles.

It would honestly not surprise me if you weren't an American or that you don't own guns because that would be the only explanation for your intense self regard for your completely nonsensical positions and seeming inability to realize people can have more than one gun.
>>
>>34546516
Most of these things happen in most consumer facing industries.
>>
>>34546516
>>People that exclusively judge a firearm by its 'tactical value' instead of looking at the context in which it was designed

Oh god this. Treating every hunting rifle like it's supposed to be a military grade sniper rifle, and being surprised when it comes up short.

>Why would anyone design a bolt action rifle in .270? You'll never kill a terrorist at 900m with that!
>>
>>34546516
.22 Winchester Magnum

I will never understand why they chose to make it slightly too large to fire standard .22 LR reliably.
>>
>>34551384
Accuracy per cost per weight per reliability etc.

We're at a point of incremental improvements, but improvements could still be made if there were a monetary incentive to do so.
>>
>>34548045
>OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS"
Not from a lack of trying.
>>
>>34548375
>(current year)
thats were yore wrong kiddo
>>
>>34551703
>there isn't stagnation so much as the physical limitations for gas systems have been reached
>In any free market a preference towards a particular platform is going to be a given and the AR15 is that platform

Good points. Industry won't be inclined to innovate if the current platforms (hunting and tactical) work and work well. There isn't going to be demand because the current systems are dynamic enough to serve their purposes. The AR15 platform is highly customizable as is. What else does OP want? The only thing that could really change the civilian market is widespread legalization of full-auto capability. And only thing that would drive technological breakthroughs is military necessity, which would promise monetary incentive for R&D.
>>
>>34551679
tfw i just bought a norchinko m14 for about $700 syrupbux ;-;
pls no bully
>>
>>34551159
You have to remember Kel-Tec is literally a Swedish gun designer made his own company to just fuck around with guns and try shit. That's why we get great things and why we get weird things.

Hell he made Full-auto variants of the PMR-30 to "test" magazines.
>>
>>34551261
>>34551309
>>34551322
I've personally thought Ruger should buy Mossberg, take over their rifle production, and have a hands-off ownership arrangement vis-a-vis shotguns
>>
>>34551332
A huge number of us are not willing to go through the NFA process in the first place.
>>
>>34548045
It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money.
>>
The mouth breather youtubers that post tactical shit, dress up in camo and body armor- while shooting thousands of rounds while rolling around screaming into a bayofag---- and then insult gun owners that don't larp too.

There is not one good gun channel that isnt totally tactical, or fudd with christ. On tv at least there are shows like meateaters.
>>
>>34548045
>OBAMA IS GONNA TAKE OUR GUNS
So many people like to parrot this to make fun of the NRA/pro gun people in general. Sure, he didn't take our guns, but he took gun rights from SSA beneficiaries without due process (which was rightfully repealed under the Trump administration), he stacked lower federal courts with anti 2A judges (like the ones that upheld maryland's AWB), and put Kagan and Sotomayor on SCOTUS, both of which are anti gun and voted against Heller and McDonald. So yeah, he didn't take our guns, but he was one of the worst presidents for gun rights.
>>
>>34551348
>XXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDD LOOK AT DIS MOSIN A BOURGHT FOR DA KILLBING FACISTS XDDDDDDD
>I'm buying an AK because when we declare glorious revolution against the bourgeois sympathetic nations will airdrop us ammo
>/r/socialistRA in a nutshell
>>
>>34552072
Thinking about getting one.
Any good
>>
>>34548045
>>34553019
Why do people pretend like he didnt have every single intention to take them away if he could have? He went on record saying its one of the things he regrets about his presidency the most.
>>
>>34548045

the post sandy hook anti-gun push was everywhere, and now complete fucking shit-smearing retards like you act like it never happened
>>
>>34553138
Because it "didn't" happen so people like to claim its just one giant conspiracy theory and he was an Angel who never planned anything while those that say otherwise are backwards hillbilly's who want to arm every school shooter possible.

They completely fail to realize it was completely because of the constant attention the pro-gun crowd was bringing to bear that kept causing his hands to be tied and not be able to pass wholesale laws and prohibition even though he placed the people he needed in power to do so.
>>
>"weapons system"
>"tactical"
>"operations"
>goverment profile barrel's still making up the vast majority of AR barrel options despite being the worst of both worlds.

It never should have even been developed, the marines thought a1 barrels were being bent, but in actuality the were too stupid to notice that there was jacket material causing a burr near the gas port.

>the complete lack of any retro parts that aren't fucking absurdly expensive
C7 uppers used to be like $50 4 years ago from dpms, now no one even makes them and they are $170 for a used one. A1 rear sight assemblies are like $60 new despite being much simpler than the A2 rear which costs $20 less.
>the complete and utter death of the AK market
only decent import rifles left are Wasr's and Arsenal's, and we can't even make a domestic rifle that doesn't explode after looking at it wrong.
>>
>You want this meme cartridge? Better buy an AR, FAGGOT!
>>
>>34553169
Forgot these too
>people shoving calibers in guns that don't belong
>7.62x39 AR's
>the complete and utter lack of a low power optics that aren't lit, since I have astigmatism and lighted optics are useless to me. I just want a 2x optic that has no fluff on it.
>no ar18 knockoff that is actually obtainable for under $1000
>>
>>34551416

close on the heels of the gun industry going full retard on AR production is the anti-gun lobby's total exhaustion of the "assault weapon" scaremongering.

It used to be that handguns were the target of anti-gun efforts, framed as the choice of criminals and counting on the argument that they are used in most "gun deaths."

Then they moved on to "assault weapons" counting on the uninformed public's confusion with machine guns, and painting them as mass-shooting tools only good for gunning down groups of children.

But that's ruined now, on several fronts. The gun industry has responded ably with featureless rifles to skirt restrictions, the gun community has made arguments about magazine size and other "assault weapon" characteristics look silly, and Muslim jihadist attacks have changed the face of spree killings from the "crazy gun owner" who we should disarm through legislation to the angry foreigner who we should defend against.

The anti-gun lobby is going to have to find a new approach now, scaremongering over black rifles is a dead meme.
>>
>>34553200
I've got a astigmatism also didn't realize how much it effected optics until I was in market for an Aimpoint. I ended up going with a ACOG and have zero issues with clarity or it "fuzzing".
>>
>>34551384
I was handling my 1899 Swedish Mauser yesterday and I was thinking not much has changed since. The biggest changes were brought about by changes in philosophy but not in technology per se.
>>
>>34553281
I didn't even realize I had it until I bought some trs25 off armslist a while back.

I looked at some vortex something a few months ago at a shop, a spitfire maybe. It had a etched reticle with 2 or 3 circles inside of eachother, even when lit it was still pretty clear. Still didn't really care for red dots since I don't see a huge advantage over just the carry handle I got.

I might eventually get one of those 2.5 primary arms scopes but eh don't really want to spend $200 on that. I'll probably get an acog eventually, but don't really want to spend $900 on a optic for a $530 gun.
>>
>>34546516
>People that exclusively judge a firearm by its 'tactical value' instead of looking at the context in which it was designed

This is the mindset majority of people who purchase guns. Just look at this board.
>>
>>34551497
The new lever action market is defined by having to compete with the millions of affordable used Winchester 94s. This makes it so that any offering in the cheap market will be lower quality that a used 94 but cost the same or more.
>>
>>34553381
Yeah I only noticed it when I actually picked up the aimpoint and went the fuck? Guy behind the counter immediately asked if I had astigmatism as he had one too.

Only scopes I currently have are the ACOG and a Nikon Prostaff. I justified the ACOG cost as it's not "just" for one rifle and I can easily move it to many of the others as needed.
>>
>>34551348
Here that guys? You can either be one or the other. Being anything in between, being reasonable, is impossible
>>
File: 1491563695161.jpg (49KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1491563695161.jpg
49KB, 775x837px
>When companies make reproduction firearms that are a pathetic facsimile of their previous work
>Then they say that there was 'no interest in the product' after the piece of garbage doesn't sell

Looking at you, Colt
>>
>>34552989
Try Paul Harrell
>>
>>34549683
>>firearms videos by people that are unable to articulate or efficiently convey what would otherwise take 3 minutes to do and have a dumb video of them blathering for 15 minutes
That's exactly how I feel about /k/'s greentext stories.
>>
File: 1460350513132.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1460350513132.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>buy a .22 rifle as your first gun so you can learn the basics
Bitch please, you can get the basics down in one range trip plus dry firing. Why would you blow $300-400 on a rifle/optic/ammo you'll never use again?

>b-b-but it'll help you practice your form!
No it fucking won't. The only thing that helps with your form is someone experienced standing next to you telling you want you did wrong.

Just buy a .223 or .308 or handgun of your choice and grow into it
>>
>>34551583
>toxic crap that people can't stand, like the masculinity culture
>toxic masculinity

Got one of them shariah blue shills right here!
>>
>>34551261
>>Mini 14 (pretty much the only new production non AR semi auto 5.56 under $2000)
objectively untrue, you just aren't looking hard enough
>>
>>34549683
>MrGunsnGear
>paid off

literally what anon
>>
>>34557364
This

No one can ever refute these points either. They simply just call me retarded or a dumbass and use excuses like "you'll anticipate recoil" as if someone couldn't just unlearn that with any amount of concious effort.
>>
>>34549517
>fudda or tactical with no in between
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
This. So much this. Why the FUCK do I have to find custom shit to get a modern rifle with wood on it?
A blued finish?
Iron sights for ducks sake?
A revolver that's NOT stainless steel but still only takes six shots? TaurASS doesn't count.
>>34550943
This as well.
All of it, particularly the AK thing though we all know why that'll never get fixed unless something big changes.
>>34551159
Bless kel tec. I hope they actually start to ramp up production on things (their M43 or whatever the steel/wood variant of their RDB is called scratches my modern wood itch perfectly)
>>34551218
It is. So are Glocks (though mainly the SIG/S&W/Beretta/Springfield brand Glock clones/rip offs)
>>34551332
I'm gonna be honest man.
I have a lathe, and enough knowledge to make my own suppressor. Price isn't a problem; I could have a suppressor for the price of a stamp and a wait. But I don't want the wait, or all the paperwork and ass sniffing of the stamp. I can pass an FBI check to get a rifle or pistol, and I don't see any reason for anything more than that. I will not manufacture or purchase a suppressor because I just don't want to bother with the shit. If the suppressor companies go under (which I genuinely hope they don't) I won't be happy, but so be it. Any motherfucker with a lathe and some time can crank out some basic baffles and make some threading to put together a can. The main problem for this industry is the licensing required to set shit up. If they go down to the same restrictions as a rifle (or hopefully just manufacturing accessories) then you'll see it explode, kinda like the AR market. It'll also help the barrel market, because people will want methods of suppressing Makarovs and CZ-82s and other cheap surplus.
The companies we have deserve to live but I ain't basing this on waiting for the HPA, I'm basing this on hating the NFA. If it helps, I won't ever SBR anything until something fixes that shit.
>>
>>34546516
Most of this stuff affects just about every industry that's dominated by corporate conglomerates these days, which to say almost all.

>reviewer paid off
Yeah, welcome to every car, video game, and tool review platform ever

>People that judge by tactical value only

Once again, idiots not understanding the intended use permeates several other platforms as well.

>Quasi-cultists instructors

You'll find the 2EDGY4UWOWSOEXTREME-type faggots everywhere as well.

>Constant cheapening of products

Always give the customer less and demand more and blame it on economical reasons when you get caught, that's pretty much the corporate moto in most big businesses.

>Manufacturers lying about improvements

This month's Apple product is clearly far superior to last month's because look, we changed the case design and made it available in more colors!

None of this is anything new, and it won't stop as long as the corporate model for doing business in America will still make you buckets of money and distance you from any moral obligations.
>>
>>34553281
>'ve got a astigmatism also didn't realize how much it effected optics until I was in market for an Aimpoint
>>34553381

yup. i had a trs25 and i figured the dot was fuzzy bc the optic was a $90 piece of shit, until i bought an aimpoint and realized my eyes were fucked.

i had an acog as well and the only time it gave me trouble was when the tritium was on. the chevron seemed to be fuzzy as well, just like a red dot.
>>
File: 1496968719380.jpg (328KB, 1214x584px) Image search: [Google]
1496968719380.jpg
328KB, 1214x584px
>>34560171
>specifically recommend something to not develop bad habits and make mistakes cheap
>'lol it's okay to develop bad habits just unlearn them later with full priced ammo'
>>
>>34560241

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/national-legal-update-hearing-protection-act-rolling-bigger-bill/?utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Chronicle+071517-National+Legal+Update%3A+Hearing+Protection+Act+Rolling+Into+Bigger+Bill-2017-07-16+02%3A00%3A00&sc_src=email_1844114&sc_lid=115731115&sc_uid=FFWmPPDnpi&sc_llid=1846961&sc_eh=dbf7e2659cc214681
>>
>>34551564
Be nice if that was a choice one could make.
>>
File: 1447115486036.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1447115486036.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
>>34551218
Shut up faggot, don't like em, don't buy em. If it was not the AR15 you would be crying about something else.
>>
>>34551493
Cuck wattage, real men use 120 master wattage
>>
>>34551159
Ruger should make an AK
>>
>>34562774
Meant for>>34551261
>>
>>34546516
The obsession with the alleged reliability of (but not limited to) the 1911, Garand, SKS, Mosin, AKs of all type, Glocks...
>>
>>34553200
Get a PAC2.5x
>>
>>34551424
bitch, a real man fires the main gun from a KV-2 With wad cutters
>>
Nobody is making the Bren Ten.
>>
>>34552989
what is taofledermaus
>>
>>34562774
I'd be okay and interested and seeing what they'd be able to produce. Gotta be better than any other US made AK, which isn't really saying much to begin with.
>>
>>34560171
Most people start with a .22 because it is less intimidating for a beginner than a .223 or .308 and is less punishing if you don't properly shoulder
>>
>>34551564

I've had the lock shake into the closed position on two smiths over the years. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but it does happen and it's a point of failure that shouldn't be there. Just put a trigger lock in if you have to leave the gun in the stand while you're away
>>
>>34560646
If you can't iron out your mistakes in 100 rounds, then you're a stubborn retarded autist shooting alone. That costs about $25 for 5.56 and $70 for .308, even if you wanted to start with some obsure as shit expensive round it's still less than the $300 for a .22.
You're going to develop bad habits and make mistakes anyway purely by virtue of changing to a new gun after you outgrow the .22.
Renting a beater accomplishes the same thing you're suggesting for even cheaper. Even better if it's the gun you actually want to end up with.

The only excuse is if your parents started you shooting as a kid with .22 because they didn't want to give you a higher recoil, higher priced weapon.

Starting with a .22 as an adult is a fudd tier meme.
>>
>>34563851
I started out with a 16g as my first long barrel as a teen, and a SKS as my first rifle later on. Before then, it was a bb gun as a kid, mostly as introduction to guns and things to do and not to do as points of safety and VERY beginner lessons on how to aim, as I was still 5-6 (along with being able to shoot in the backyard or basement). Gonna have to say I agree that it's better for a teen to adult to start off with an intermediate caliber of some sort rather than the .22

.22 by the time one is an adult or even a teenager is more about plinking for fun of it, rather than developing skills and techniques on how to use a weapon.
>>
>>34551424
>Bergman
Two n's friend.
>>
You nerds are way behind. The biggest problem with small arms is that soldiers rarely hit anything. Self-aiming guns are the future.
https://youtu.be/YBC8IFWC1P0
>>
>>34553274
what about scaremongering over black men with rifles
>>
>>34564672
Damn, that's cool but I'm not sure if I like the idea.
>>
>>34557364
>itch please, you can get the basics down in one range trip plus dry firing. Why would you blow $300-400 on a rifle/optic/ammo you'll never use again?

You don't shoot 22?
>>
>>34564169

Fucking this. I bought a .22 LR handgun becasue the ammo was CHEAP AS FUCK compared to 9mm.
>>
>>34549683
The problem with this mentality (yours I mean,) should become readily apparent in a moment. I'll equate it to something I'm quite fond of: movies. When reviewing movies, opinions are extremely subjective and can vary widely from person to person. What one person considers a rousing success, another considers a damp squib. While the same can be said for guns, there are still hard and fast facts that cannot be overlooked. Trigger weights, rounds between failures, magazine capacity, weight, dimensions, etc., etc.,. Those are hard and fast facts that shine through any review. More importantly than that, however, is the fact that unlike movies which have a multitude of different flavors, guns rely on a few tried and tested designs. Direct impingement, roller delayed blowback, direct recoil, gas piston, etc.,. In focusing on the use of a well tested and well trusted design, manufacturers as a whole are able to create more and more products that meet the criteria of "good". In doing so, they're able to mitigate losses and ensure the large majority of their products are good and reliable. And THAT is the reason why most reviews seem like paid advertisements. Because in the gun industry, most products are simply good and reliable and for the majority of people, that is enough.
>>
>>34552650
Mossberg's QC has been shit lately and their customer service sucks...I actually would welcome Ruger buying them out.
>>
>every handgun ever has to be a carry gun

im so fucking sick of this shit. some of us like large long-barreled handguns we plan on shooting for fun, competition, etc. i already have a carry gun.

i cant even find a full-sized sphinx in america because they only sell the fucking carry versions. im not carrying a 900 dollar gun fuck off
>>
>>34551679
M14 has better ergos than the FAL imo.
>>
>>34551749
Because .22lr has a heeled bullet, which means .22 mag would fit in a 22lr chamber if the case were the same diameter
>>
>>34564672
Self-aiming politicians that can operate within their touted theatre of operations would be nice, shit's worse than the f35 stalls
>>
>>34565377
>he doesn't carry a 1200aud long-barrel concealed as their defense weapon of choice
>>
>>34564823

niggers are still as dangerous as ever
>>
File: 1496764180714s.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1496764180714s.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
AR-15 accessories and everything about the AR-15 that tries to "improve" on the original design.

>Look at this new rail system that weighs 0.5 oz less than the previous model, but costs $100 more!
>A new billet receiver with lightning cuts that add nothing to performance or reliability, but we'll charge you up the ass for being a special snowflake!
>A BCG made of niggerite and coated in goat semen for maximum friction reduction!
>Barrels finished with a cheap nitriding process because we can't chrome line. Guaranteed to shoot 0.0001 MOA with match grade ammo!
>Ambidextrous safeties with levers shaped like dildos so you can be high speed!
>A newly designed polymer stock made of organic materials acquired from Mars because there's no way you can overengineer a piece of plastic designed to fit on your shoulder!
>>
>>34563706
I thought the real reason was the cost of ammo
>>
>>34546516
The complete lack of unity when it comes to repealing the big three gun laws (1934 NFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 Machine Gun Ban).

Even worse are the faggots who claim that they're pro gun but "no one needs a machine gun, waste of ammo, hur dur" or the I don't care if you own one but I wouldn't want some redneck idiot to have one, as if they don't think the same thing about all the other legal firearms in existence.

The NRA and it's idiotic campaign for national carry instead passing HPA and fulfilling their 30 year old promise to repeal the machine gun ban.

The self defeating attitude needs to be purged from the gun community.
>>
Handgun magazine prices. Glock, M&P, Sig p-series and Beretta 92 series can all be had for twenty bucks or less, but for some goddamn reason a lot of other guns require forty fucking dollars or more for a magazine. Pisses me off. Makes me feel like I'm getting fucked in the ass.
>>
>>34548375
>Russians and eastern euros have been putting together decent if not fantastic AKs for decades yet we can't get a decent fucking AK made in the states in (current year) yet an AR can be had as cheap as a fucking glock

What are state-owned factories that have been cranking out rifles for 50 years or more. Thats why we'll never have good American AK's for under $1000
>>
>>34565651
I've told an NRAfag I refuse to support them until they repeal that boomer-era treason and clear their name of it and I just get strange looks.
>>
>>34565788
B-but who will defend you from Obama?
>>
>>34565840
I have a remmy 870 express and not much to live for, I don't need defending, my time will come.
>>
>>34548045
Nice self fulfilling prophecy
>Obama is going to take away our guns, better not do anything about it
Obama cried scripted bitch tears to get guns taken away after Sandy Hook, lick my butthole
>>
>>34565753
>Hi Point
>almost worth buying another pistol just to get the magazines
>>
>>34557364
I can get a 10/22 ammo and a scope for under 230 $ and shoot until I get tired.

this is how I know that you don't know fucking anything.
>>
Theres room for improvement, nobody wants to put forward the R&D to get it done though, and then consumers dont want to pay the thousands of dollars it would cost per model.

I'd just like to see integrated electronics become a thing. Ammo counters in the optics maybe?
>>
>>34566087
The M296 has been in use for decades on the OH-58D. One of the upgrades from the M2 is a round counter, pretty much a magnetic sensor where the charging handle comes back. It's very possible, just the demand isn't worth the cost to develop then increase the price of the gun.
>>
>the only not-revolvers left are m1911s and glock clones
>>
>>34565114
Really? Aw man, that stinks.
>>
>>34566176
>except for all the tons of wonder nines

I am a big full size 9mm fan
>>
>>34566208
This.
>>
>>34566176
Come on, man. There's a few schools of thought in SA/DA pistol FCGs left. CZ derivatives, Sig derivatives, the PX4 storm and the ninety-two, S&W 400/500 series derivatives, etc.

The FCG on the Sig 238/938 is also fairly different from the 1911, if you're into SA.
>>
>>34557776
I can think of a handful of semi auto 5.56 rifles, and only maybe two of them are less than $1,000, so he may have been exaggerating, but he's got a point.
>>
>>34565651
Wait, the NRA doesn't support repealing those?
>>
>>34565542
>Not concealed carrying a Thompson Defender in .338 as their CCW of choice
>>
>>34565753
Handgun prices in general. Why is it that Glocks cost $550+ new on average when you can buy/build a whole AR-15 for that? It's a plastic pistol for fuck sake.

Oh, and people's obsessive reaction when you call it plastic instead of
>POLYMER
>>
>>34566754
They'll pay lip service here and there, but ultimately do nothing on those fronts.
>>
>>34566761
You know what? Let's just settle it at this, if you aren't trucking around a Bofors under a tarp in your pickup you aren't taking concealed carry seriously.

>inb4 my hillbilly friend mentions his grandad's lorry-towed howitzer
>>
>>34546579
this
s&w would be the best mid-tier revolvers if they stopped machining the Hillary hole into every fucking model
>>
>>34565651
>The NRA and it's idiotic campaign for national carry instead passing HPA and fulfilling their 30 year old promise to repeal the machine gun ban.
THIS. Fuck the neo-fudds
>>
>>34565637

>you do not want to play legos with your gun
>the ar-15 is perfect and cannot be improved

not really sure what your deal is anon, are stupid or do you hate fun?
>>
File: 1488515993129.jpg (118KB, 1148x903px) Image search: [Google]
1488515993129.jpg
118KB, 1148x903px
>posts pictures of holes in paper
>no other information
>no mentioning of gun, ammo or measure of speed, no distance given
>wat am I doing wrong guise

You dumb fuck, even if you do provide what gun you're using, every dumb gizmo you have on it, the distance and whatever, it is STILL NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DIAGNOSE SHOOTING ISSUES. Even if you do post a fucking video, half these assholes on /k/ couldn't tell apart a shitty grip from an solid shooting grip minus the errant saucer grip.

This is literally why there's people who get PAID to teach and instruct others on shooting. Hell, you don't even need to go to a class. Go read some good shit on pistol forum, dry fire with your new faggot grip and shut the FUCK UP.

And I swear to FUCK if I see another asshole post that shooter's wheel diagnostic target again when we're talking about two handed pistol shooting I'm going to kill a puppy.
>>
>>34546516
>bald face lie
You wouldn't happen to be from the south would you OP?
>>
>>34551594
>where people jump onto it for no particular or good reason.
Yeah besides the supersonic ballistics, ease of suppression, variety of rifles that aren't abysmal expensive x39 uppers and the ability to use every single normal AR part besides the barrel, even the brass.

What you lose in cheap ass steel case, you gain in better hunting and short barrel loads which are very popular due to AR pistols. As it stands all 7.62x39 has going for it is cheap blasting ammo because good .300 ARs are cheaper and easier to come buy than even a WASR at this point
>>
>>34568549

Devil's Advocate

You are much more likely to need a carry pistol than a happy switch. I would much rather have a Glock 43 in Oakland, California than an M16 3000 miles away in a safe.
>>
>>34557776
do you feel smarter because you prefaced your post with objectively?
>>
>>34553632
fuck off centrist scum
what's even worse about you is not only are you manipulated by the two sides is that you're manipulated by both
>>
File: polstayinpol.jpg (327KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
polstayinpol.jpg
327KB, 900x900px
>>34549214
>>
>>34571187
Fuck you. Id rather California burn to the ground and everything else remain unchanged.
>>
>$50 for a spare OEM magazine

also

>no cheap rimfire leverguns
>no cheap/mid-range bullpups
>>
>>34571360
>Posts an image of a jew being kicked in the oven
>The jew is also depicted as a nazi

gg you just made the image even more antisemitic than it was before.
>>
>>34546579
This is probably my biggest annoyance. It's why S&W hasn't ever gotten any of my money even though I'd love a new revolver.
>>
>>34553200
>Vortex Spitfire
>>
>>34551564
A few people here and there complain on the S&W Forums about locking their revolver and then not being able to unlock them. Have to send it back to the factory.
>>
>>34546516
>industry
A lot of companies are forgetting about the civilians and are only selling to the military.

A few companies support restrictong some rights in order to sell more guns when panic sets in.

Fucking Gun shows where everything is either bubbad, overpriced, or not for sale. The jerkey guy makes up for it though.

>community

Those guys who think the only reason you should have a gun is for SHTF and shit on you for not having a Tacticool AyyyArrrFitteen or AyyyKayyFuddyServen. They browse here as well and are knownto hate Leverguns which are fun to shoot. Fuck those guys in particular

Brass Jews

People who probably shouldn't have a gun having a gun (People with anger issues, people who beat their wife, etc.) They make us look bad

COWAD00TY KISS
>>
>>34546516
>There's gonna be a ban on [x] Ammunition, better stock up!!
>>
>>34551424
I have an autistic obsession with AK
I still have many other guns, mostly not Russian too
>>
File: gBxqG.jpg (205KB, 1280x825px) Image search: [Google]
gBxqG.jpg
205KB, 1280x825px
>>34551332
>regards
Red gaurds
Curved swords
CURVED SWORDS
>>
>>34546516
Calling everything a "Weapon system," as if your AR is some towed Anti-Aircraft piece.
>>
>>34565637
The stock stock on my bushmaster was shit. So i put on a magpul.

Thats the day i learned that some ar's are milspec and mine wasnt
>>
File: 1497414699072.jpg (50KB, 896x672px) Image search: [Google]
1497414699072.jpg
50KB, 896x672px
>>34563706
>.223
>punishing
Are you fucking serious? I saw my DS place an M16 buttstock to his fucking face and fire to show some pussy that the recoil wasn't anything to be afraid of
>>
File: 1474175280820.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1474175280820.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>34573621
Im glad your a big strong man but lets face it 5.56 is a bit strong for someone to start on especialy kids. Go with a 22 or 17hmr
>>
>>34551218
Lol look at this faggot who doesn't understand how capitalism works
>>
>>34572595
It's 4chan you fucking retard. Nobody cares if it's antisemitic. We don't want /pol/ to leave because we think you're evil and offensive, we want you to leave because you're retarded, spammy and annoying.
>>
>>34565651
FUCKING THIS. The HPA is hands down more important than carry reciprocity. If you disagree, you're a dumb faggot who needs to really think things through.

One of these makes it easier to travel between states while carrying.

The other creates a multi-million dollar industry, saves shooters' hearing, and makes hunting more pleasant for all parties. When it passes, the already excellent designs we have on the market will be improved too.

It also will change the way that muzzle brakes work too. Right now any device that reduces the sound of your shot by 1db gets regulated as a silencer and b& by the atf. After the HPA, you'll be able to buy things like the XM177 moderator, as well as new products that are a hybrid between brake and suppressor. It'll be nice buying a can that weighs 5 oz and reduces by 10db.

The HPA also has the side effect of reducing wait times for items that will remain under the NFA, as the vast majority of the ATF's workload is for suppressors. I firmly believe that you'll be able to be approved for SBR's in under 3 months, just like the good ol days.

>basically, the HPA is awesome
>and carry reciprocity should be much lower priority.
>>
>>34552952
Isn't that a rule of acquisition?
>>
>>34574188
This. Carry reciprocity is also constitutionally iffy, since it's not something the Federal Government is explicitly empowered to do under the Constitution. It's neither spending, taxing, regulating interstate commerce, minting currency, or running a military. It could be considered necessary and proper, but it would depend on the Justices.
>>
File: Picture-59.png (323KB, 861x654px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-59.png
323KB, 861x654px
>>34574411
Ferengi get out reeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>34574436
It's a free board, I can do as I please provided I don't break any of the sitewide rules constable.
>>
>>34573855
>big strong man for 5.56
Then how is it I shoot it regularly and have since I myself was a child?
>>
File: Kira_Nerys,_2375.jpg (106KB, 417x406px) Image search: [Google]
Kira_Nerys,_2375.jpg
106KB, 417x406px
>>34574744
Provided no rules are being broken, QUARK!
>>
>>34571187
The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is arming the citizenry to the point that the government is afraid of them, not giving them something to scare away niggers in an alley.
>>
>>34575505
What, I am a respectable shitposter, you know that I'm completely innocent of any accusations.
>this time anyway.
>>
>>34571187
I'd rather have full auto than a "carry pistol". I'm not a paranoiac.
>>
>>34549683
>>firearms videos by people that are unable to articulate or efficiently convey what would otherwise take 3 minutes to do and have a dumb video of them blathering for 15 minutes
This is why I rarely watch MAC's or Hickok's videos anymore. Only if I'm actively looking up a specific gun.
>>
>>34573936
This

This is /k/. Not /pol/. If people want to talk about /pol/ related stuff, they should take it there.

The fact that they simply can't stay in their own lane and have to be so obnoxious about their bullshit they can't keep it in their own board is a crock of shit.

Would like to see a mod that insta-bans those guys if they're not talking about shit related to the board without being spammy and annoying.
>>
>>34572605
>>34575680
Refer to
>>34573936

Stay in your own board you obnoxious faggots.
>>
>>34546516
stupid fucking accessories for your firearms

>Forward grips that are also bipods
>Tac sac
>Those receivers that have skulls
>Keymod
>Big fucking muzzle brakes on your AR
>Binary triggers
>Bump fire stocks
>Big 40+ round drums
>Grips on the magwell
>Bayonet lugs on a carbine length gas system with a 16 inch barrel
>Govt profile barrels
>>
>>34576543
>bumpfire stocks
This. I've always thought those are stupid
>>
>>34551384
C A S E L E S S
>>
>>34576543
agreed!....with everyone of these, and I'm an AR nut. The market has gone lame/stupid.
>>
File: benjamin_sisko_captain.jpg (73KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
benjamin_sisko_captain.jpg
73KB, 1024x782px
>>34576008
What do you mean, "anyway"?
>>
File: 1393649060349.jpg (109KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
1393649060349.jpg
109KB, 470x352px
>>34546516
>Why don't you leave California?
>No stay in California, we don't want you here!
>>
>>34576543
Not trolling... just curious. What is wrong with govt profile barrels? I'm currently a poorfag so I haven't even looked at aim surplus etc... in a few months and am totally out of the loop.
>>
>>34580082
They're way heavier than you need on a semi-auto, and they're cut for a grenade launcher that you can't own or mount on a 16in rifle
>>
>>34580069
Some people want you to leave, most know you are worthless trash who will only make things worse.
>>
>>34580276
You can own it. $1600 + stamp. LMT has them. Also, you pretty sure you can mount the GL fine to a 16". It's the bayonet that you can't mount.
>>
>>34580452
I hope the next earthquake drives the coast dwelling rats to your neighborhood specificly
>>
>>34580830
>because my life is terrible everyone else's has to be
Must be sad living this way but you deserve it.
>>
File: Quark_with_batleth.jpg (25KB, 441x392px) Image search: [Google]
Quark_with_batleth.jpg
25KB, 441x392px
>>34579970
Captain, captain. Please, you're taking my words out of context, when the Cardassians ran the site it was always ex-post-facto this, preventive law that.... what I'm trying to say is that I'm perfectly innocent under the current rules, and I'd prefer to keep it that way.
>>
File: IMAG2348.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2348.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>Dumb as shit names that companies give to their guns. "Firepower Extreem. 45"
>The mentality of 'if it's not the gun I own or isn't more expensive then it's trash!!!!!
>people who judge firearms but their looks and nothing else
>mislabeling guns, carbine vs machinepistol in particular
>the big one
>The Really Big One
>PEOPLE WHO MODIFY SKS RIFLES
>STOP TAKING THE WOOD OFF, STOP CUTTING OFF BAYONET LUGS.
>If you're modifying the rifle this much, you probably don't like it. Just buy something else instead of buying an SKS, fucking it up and trying to sell it again.
>>
>>34546516
Consumerism taken to its extreme is always cancer
>>
File: vg1-5.jpg (157KB, 1500x519px) Image search: [Google]
vg1-5.jpg
157KB, 1500x519px
>>34555525
Add HMG to that list
If only Sport Systeme Dittrich would ship to the U.S....
>>
File: 1469858541916.png (51KB, 127x188px) Image search: [Google]
1469858541916.png
51KB, 127x188px
>>34581480
>here's a suggestion for a carry gun that perfectly fits your criterias!
>it's ugly!

Fuck these people, so much.
>>
>>34581480
>RAS-47
kys
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (62KB, 1411x837px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
62KB, 1411x837px
>>34574411
>>34574436
>>34574744
>>34575505
>>34576008
>>34579970
>>34581193
NEEEEERRRRDDDDSS!
>>
>>34551737
This.
Even my beloved fudd heavy bolt guns are starting to shown signs of tacticool infection

>REEEEEEEEE LEAVE MY BOLT FUDD CANNONS ALONE KIDDIESSSSS
>>
>>34582178
This right here too. Not every single fails just because Bob Sled fucking trashed what was an unlucky odd one out
>>
File: IMAG2039.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2039.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>34583358
Agreed. I love my RAS in all honesty. Especially when I ditched Magpul and went to Korean and Croatian magazines.
>sootch reviews the rifle good
>nutnfancy reviews the rifle good
>lateboyscout reviews the rifle good
>slew of other channels review the rifle good
>James jaegermeister reviewed it good
>AK OpurraTers didn't like it
>REEEEEE THEY'RE SO TACTICOOL THAT GUN MUST BE GARBAGE
>Because chaining a rifle to your truck and dragging it behind you is a legitimate test.
>Century's already replaced the soft bolts
>REEEE I WANNA BE SO TACTICOOL THE RIFLE IS STILL BAD BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND REAL WORLD USE OF WEAPONRY
>The sheer amount of people shilling out bullshit about this gun is fucking insane. Every time I put more ammunition through it, people bitch about how it can't take any more.
>500 rounds "it'll blow up at 1000!"
>1000 rounds "it'll blow up at 2000!"
>well now I'm sitting at 3000 rounds and rifle is still fine comrades.

Let's consider for a question, is a rifle truly that bad when pretty much all the other gun youtubers liked the rifle, but one completely trashed it. Like is it more likely that AKOU is fucking biased and tactitard dipshits or are we gonna keep up this lie that they're the only ones who have 'seen the light' of how bad the rifle is.

I have watched people with perfectly working RAS47s sell them just because AKOU didn't like the rifle, which is fucking autistic.
>>
>>34546516
Only thing pisses me off is...

Invention of new calibers are are 99% the same as an already existing caliber.
>>
>>34551117
I want to buy a braztech Rossi circuit judge in 44 mag cuz I'm in ausfailia and it'll probably be the only way I'll shoot a "revolver"
I've seen weird opinions about them on forums but on video they seem to be fine

>tfw 28 days of waiting
>>
>>34584177
After my experience with Braztech (An M92 .357 that was a lemon from the factory and needed to have servicing twice before the monkeys in Florida finally replaced the problem part.) Taurus/ Rossi/ Braztech can fuck right off.
>>
File: Steve2.jpg (174KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Steve2.jpg
174KB, 1000x1334px
>>34583454
Countless examples of broken RAS-47s and the best you can do is blame AKOU?

When will you retards learn that casting AK trunnions and BCGs is not a good idea? You shouldn't need youtube reviews to tell you that,

If you want to plink at the range half a dozen times a year it might hold up, but don't pretend it's built to the standard.

As for "Century has replaced the soft bolts" I'll just refer to OP:
>Constant cheapening of products by certain major gun manufacturers
>The same manufacturers saying the bald-faced lie that 'improvements were made to the design'
>>
>>34584273
Fuck.
I hear it's a 50/50

I'll be getting this one shipped to me though so I can't actually look at it first. But because of how straya works I'm pretty sure if my transferring dealer thinks it's fucked he will refuse it and she'll be all good mate
>>
>>34584059
Why have

338 lapua when we already had 300 win mag?

Why have 357 sig when we already had 9x25 Dillon?

Why have 458 so I'm and 450 bushmaster when 50 Beowulf was a thing?

Boycott all but first to market IMO unless it's actually something new.
>>
>>34551322
no reason to hate ruger anymore ever since Bill Ruger died they've gone full SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED in their lobbying and support brother HH
>>
>>34584303
>Countless examples of broken glocks yet they're still considered great.

I love how the go-to argument against the RAS is that I don't shoot enough. Its cute.
>>
>>34584303
>>34584718
>sell the most guns
>have the most anecdotes
Shocker
>>
File: 8oiunsadf4.jpg (21KB, 265x491px) Image search: [Google]
8oiunsadf4.jpg
21KB, 265x491px
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Not a single pro gun law will pass during Trump's presidency.
Not the HPA, not the repeal of the NFA, not national reciprocity, NOTHING.

Repubs use the 2A as a talking point to get elected, but in reality they are just as anti gun as Dems.
>>
>>34584862
except when dems get power they pass AWBs and mag restrictions, and make it so only cops (and whoever donates to the sheriff's re-election campaign) get carry permits.

I'll take status quo over new bans every day of the week.
>>
>>34585000
That's why the Dems are playing the long game. They'll slowly take away liberty knowing it won't come back.

>frog in hot water analogy
>>
>>34585031
GOP has been rolling shit back HARD in the past few years at the State level when they get in control. It's just really hard to change things at the Federal level since it takes 60 votes to pass anything through the Senate
>>
>>34585144
>>34585031
like real talk, up until a couple decades ago, southern states had the worst fun laws b/c need to disarm The Blacks (lol jim crow).

That gun laws at the state level are getting better ever since the GOP embraced the southern strategy ain't a coincidence.
>>
>>34551159
I like Kel-Tec, some of the stuff is not too shabby. I like the Su-16 for backpacking, and want an RFB and CMR-30
>>34552117
>full-auto PMR-30
you mean the CMR? or the PMR
>>
>>34585144
>OP has been rolling shit back HARD in the past few years at the State level
Not anywhere near as hard as the Democrats have been rolling in the other direction
>>
File: IMG_2027.jpg (38KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2027.jpg
38KB, 600x389px
>>34550943
Oh man remember this shit?

If you're attempting to market not based on your gun's merits, but rather on the insecurities of your target audience, then it means that your gun is lacking in merits.
>>
>>34546516
The ability for most US gun companies to design almost nothing new while still managing fuck up proven designs.
>>
>>34551594
Because its the tactifag in your heart that counts not the state that you live in
>>
File: 1-fujimori.jpg (44KB, 611x458px) Image search: [Google]
1-fujimori.jpg
44KB, 611x458px
>>34571169
>6.5 gets steel case before .300
It seriously cannot be that fucking hard to change over lines for somethi g with an incredibly common parent case
>>
>>34551650
>>34551650
You are literally talking out of your ass. You are reaching into your asshole, pulling it out and throwing it all over /k/. There are many times a single product has dominated for years, then been replaced without "overregulation". The only market that will decline is the AR-15 Market. If youre going to study economics, at least know what the actual fuck you are on about. Jesus you "hurr durr da free merket is purfect" autists are what ruin my industry.

t. Economist
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (116KB, 750x886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1359.jpg
116KB, 750x886px
>>34584718
>these rifles consistently fail in a few ways that are predictable given the manufacturing process, but these bent trunnions and chewed up bolts are all ancedotes
Yeah bud, the RAS is just being demonized like Glock because of a few isolated cases. Century has picked up where IO left off and perfected the art of casting parts that every military AK factory has forged for the past half-century.
>>
>>34588646
The free market is perfect, you kikes wouldn't have a job otherwise to ruin it
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.