[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survivalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: guns.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
So before I start, I want to emphasize I know nothing about guns. But I want to be prepared to defend myself in the event of anything, be it a natural disaster, civil war, human plague, I don't care. Knowing how to use guns is an essential survival skill. Do any of you guys have any good intro guides to guns or more general introductions to survivalism?
>>
>>34545397
why would you worry about stuffl ike that, nothing is gona happen, you can always trust your neighbours, don't worry
>>
>>34545415
>trust my neighbors
I live in an apartment in a metropolitan area. The people around me will turn to complete savages the second they lose internet connection and cell service, much less losing access to food or water.
>>
>>34545445
oh don't you worry silly, that is not an issue a Seiga-12 won't solve
>>
>>34545397
>So before I start, I want to emphasize I know nothing about guns.
Neither does anyone else here.
>>
>>34545489
Nobody has any good survivalism PDFs? Surely there's other people with skills on this board.
>>
>>34545397
FM3.22-9.

Now git out.
>>
>>34545656
There are definitely good infographics out there,
I'll look for any I have, it'll take a bit. Hopefully others will post some.
>>
>>34545656
oh no now you've done it, now the spergs are gonna fill this thread with pdfs on howto get on an fbi watchlist the quickest
>>
You don't know nothin bout Guns?

Git yerself a shottie.

It's got a good spread.
>>
File: guns.jpg (815KB, 1950x2504px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
815KB, 1950x2504px
>>34545397
google [state] ccw class
take a class and get your ccw, even if you aren't going to use it
go to a range and rent some handguns, see what you like
>>
>>34545679
If you're on /k/, you're already on some sort of list.
>>
>>34545415
thenoseknows.jpeg
>>
>>34545693
Bill Burr was the vibe I was going for in making this post
>>
>>34545397
https://www.ready.gov/prepare-for-emergencies
https://www.ready.gov/kit
https://emergency.cdc.gov/preparedness/kit/disasters/index.asp

Read up.

You can google outdoors skills and the basics of firearms and marksmanship. There should be tons of videos.

Frankly, you should probably be more concerned with preventing break-ins. Lock your doors and windows, make sure valuables are secured, figure out how the objects around you can be used as impromptu weapons for you, and AGAINST you. Learn how to clear a house with your gun.

>>34545707
This. Take a class.
>>
>>34545656
Your best bet is just to find old US Military PDFs. Buy an AR since you're in the city. Pair it with a side arm of some sort and a shotgun. Stock up on food and water. Have a way to heat your apartment in the winter that doesn't rely on electricity. Kerosene may be your best bet. Buy a kerosene stove too. Stockpile ammo. Read old US Army PDF's on marksmanship and survival and field gear. Practice practice practice.
>>
>>34545873
If you are euro, just read a koran and learn enough towelheadish to swear obedience to Allah.
If you are 'merican you are fucked because there are too many Rambo experts whose operator level you won't be able to achieve in the short term and will fuck your shit up
>>
>>34546483
Most of the Rambo types in the us are fat and stupid. They're not a threat. Tools are part of the survival equation, but so is having the knowledge to use said tools. You can have a $5,000 gun, but if you can't hit shit, it's worthless and you're dead.
>>
>>34545397
STICKY EXISTS FOR A REASON ANON
>>
>>34545873
Does anyone have any good ones? I remember seeing one about counterinsurgency a while ago, but I'm not sure if that was just for organized military tactics, rather than individual service.
>>
>>34545397
You're obsessing about only 1 factor when you should be concerned about 6. When shit happens, regardless of cause, it will affect your ability to obtain 6 life-critical requirements; food, water, shelter, security, medical care, and communications.

Yoi need to stock up on the skills, gear, and supplies that will allow you to provide or acquire those critical requirements when the reqular sources are no longer available. It's not enough to just stockpile a bunch of crap that you might never use. That just makes you a hoarder. Know what you need, get it, learn how to use it, become proficient.

Now, screencap this thread and take it back to your friends at Plebbit or DU so you can all giggle about how you trolled /k/.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.