[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying gun parts in the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: ThumbnailHandler.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ThumbnailHandler.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
Sup /k/. I am a yuropean LEO and the "nosoproud" owner of a Glock 26 Gen3.

Thing is i am deployed at some european overseas territory (subtropical island) and due to the very hot weather and salty environment i have spotted some little rust spots on the slide (you guess...).

So i started considering buying a stainless slide (pic related), but man are they expensive and hard to find here. So since i have relatives living in the US and will be probably visiting them soon i was thinking on buying a slide (pic related) there.

I have no problem to pass it through the border here (just some tax and registration) but, can i simply go to a gun store and buy it there? Here it would not be the case since slides and barrels are registered and a foreigner with no valid gun license cant buy one.

The purchase would be done probably in Ohio, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>34542307
You can buy a slide without any registration. Only the lower requires paperwork. You're welcome.
>>
>>34542307
In the US, the only part that is legally a gun is the part that holds the FCG. For Glocks, this is the frame. You should have no trouble buying just the slide.

Where in OH?
>>
>>34542307
ITAR is a bitch
getting gun parts out of the US is pretty hard
>>
>>34542307
Yeah there won't be any problem
>>
>have family in the US
>get them to sponser you for a green card
>move to amercia
>buy all the gun parts you want
>>
>>34542307
You are going to get fucked by ITAR.
>>
>>34542332
As soon as he flashes his le status he's fine. Especially with a part that no one knows what it is. I would have family box it in an unlabeled box, but those pussy euros won't know what a slide to a Glock is.
>>
>>34542322
Thank you so much sir. I am feeling an increasing urge to visit my wife's sister again... ;-)
>>
>>34542322
>You can buy a slide without any registration
>>34542327
>You should have no trouble buying just the slide.
>>34542334
>Yeah there won't be any problem

You can buy it, but you can't take it outside of the US (and no one will ship it to you if they don't want to be federal felons.)
See >>34542332

The only exception are orders worth less than $100, which a slide definitely isn't.
If they find it on you when you're trying to leave the US, you'll get royally fucked.

Also OP is bullshitting heavily because you can't just pop up in a fucking Euro airport with a slide and say "it's OK guise, I'm off to the proof house to have this proofmarked and then I'll register it right away!"

t. Eurofag who actually imported a gun from abroad before.
>>
File: Gary_zps63a88d88.jpg (131KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gary_zps63a88d88.jpg
131KB, 1024x1024px
>>34542322
We don't have any "registration" at all in Ohio, you silly commie.

>>34542307
You might have an issue with ITAR and getting through the airport security, and also the problem that the Lone Wolf slide you want to buy is for a Glock 27 (they do not make one for the 26), so you will need to change the ejector to a .40 ejector and then get a 9mm conversion barrel that will fit this new .40 slide, (Ghost) Maritime spring cups, and a 9mm extractor to make the gun 100% reliable with the 9mm barrel and .40 ejector. Might want to snag some good night sights and have the slide Cerakoted or Duracoated to avoid looking so blingy, while you're at it. Get a pin punch set and a Glock armorer's puck and you should be able to do all of this relatively easily. You should probably just have the slide and stuff shipped to your relatives' address in the US and explain to them what you're doing.
>>
>>34542393
which gun did you import?
not OP bytheway
>>
>>34542393
OP here. Obviously id had to send the slide to the official proof bench and stuff, but that'd be more a matter of time than of money in my case.

Probably it would take a couple months, i have to check but i wouldnt even bother if i cant even buy the thing there.

What is ITAR?
>>
>>34542441
Internation Traffic in Arms Regulation
>>
>>34542417
Op here. I would be ok with almost any other quality stainless slide made for a G26.

I was also considering selling the damn thing and buying another gun... Maybe a single stack 9mm Sig. But who assures me it wont also rust?
>>
>>34542429

SVD

>>34542441

You do realize that if you don't fill out all the forms and receive the transit permit BEFORE you'll be importing the weapon part, it's a felony, right?

>What is ITAR?

It's what makes US-made firearms and parts so fucking expensive in Europe, in addition to VAT and customs fees.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Traffic_in_Arms_Regulations

Anyway, Brownells recently expanded into most of the relevant EU countries, and they offer some Glock slides.
Apparently they'll process all the paperwork, so you'll only need the EU-compliant part.
>>
>>34542307
Slides arent guns, If it doesnt have a serial, they're parts. No ID, no check, ships to your door same as if you ordered pencils from amazon.

Actually finding them is ironically going to be your challenge. I have never seen a gun store with striped glock slides laying around. So, find what you want on the internet and have it shipped to your relatives place today, and it will be there waiting for you! As far as getting it out of the country, you know how your laws work and I know how retarded the TSA is. You dont need to declare it, but throwing it in a locked hard side case (like you do every time you fly with a gun) might not be a bad idea.
>>
>>34542470
All modern SIGs, including the all-black P239, are made with stainless steel slides in order to handle the pressures from the .357SIG. They will not rust. That's probably the better option than getting all this stuff and then having to work it over. I don't know of any other companies making stainless slides for the baby Glocks. Lots of companies make slides for the full and compact 9mm/.40 models, but nothing for the 26/27/33 besides Lone Wolf afaik.
>>
>>34542503
So, i think id be selling the Glock before it desintegrates...

Is fun how you can carry guns abroads to hunt or whatever pretty easy but when you want it to stay its like importing a car...
>>
Does anybody know if taking some AK magazines from the US to Germany is illegal? What if I brought them with me from Germany and am returning home with them??
>>
>>34542503
why would you import a SVD from the US?
>>
>>34542548
I can't recall ITAR covering magazines, so it shouldn't be a problem
>>
>>34542548

If they're under $100 worth, you're okay.
>§ 123.17 Exports of firearms, ammunition,
and personal protective gear.
(a) Except as provided in §126.1 of
this subchapter, Port Directors of U.S.
Customs and Border Protection shall
permit the export without a license of
components and parts for Category I(a)
firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers
(frames) or complete breech
mechanisms when the total value does
not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.

They'll probably require proof, though.
Exporting AK mags from the US to Germany is fucktarded, though, you have several stores that sell dirt cheap surplus AK mags, both steel and bakelite.

>>34542580

I did not import it from the US, but the EU permit forms are the same regardless of where you're importing it from.
>>
File: Still Works.jpg (83KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
Still Works.jpg
83KB, 660x439px
>>34542307

How about not being a faggot and cleaning the rust off with oil and steel wool and then keeping your gun oiled? People have maintained weapons with much less durable finishes than a glock in the topics for a long time anon.

If Africans with IQ's in the 70s can keep their AKs working you should be able to suck it up and maintain your shit.
>>
>>34542677
I have too many hobbies may be.
>>
>>34542709
That's like saying I'm too busy to keep my dick clean. No excuses for a dirty dick or a dirty gun anon.
>>
>>34542709
First world problems.
>>
>>34542755
>>34542774

You are both right but why cant we have nicer things or make our lives easier if we want and have the means to?
>>
>>34542820
Not hating on freedom of choice anon. But it seems like you are gonna have to expend a lot of time and treasure(travel to US, cost of slide etc) to fix an issue that's really not an issue with an appropriate maintenance schedule. Maybe my perspective is skewed because I live in the SE US so it's like the tropics for a large part of the year so, to me, maintenance of a daily carry in these conditions is just habit now.

Now if you want to spend a bunch of dosh for a stainless slide because of aesthetics then whatever...people want what they want...but you don't have to LARP about a maintenance issue to justify it.
>>
For the 100$ bs just have your relative buy the slide and write you a Bill of sale for 50$.
>>
Where are you located, OP? Bermuda or VI?

The difficulties you'll face exporting (or in the case of ITAR here, most likely smuggling it) out makes it not worth it and possibly unlawful.
You're probably better off changing your rust preventative. I carried a G26 in Florida for a while on the coast, and never experienced an issue with rust while using Hornady One Shot, or as much as I hate to shill for it, Froglube.
If you still encounter rust issues, then consider doing something more drastic like duracoat or electroless nickel plating your slide
>>
This is what you want anon. This and some scraps of T-shirt(sold in the US at hardware stores as "painter's rags") or other Cotton cloth. Impregnate a rag with this shit and wipe your gun down with it daily. No more rust ever. A little goes a long way. I use it daily and the 12oz size is probably a lifetime and a half supply.

https://www.birchwoodcasey.com/Cleaning-and-Maintenance/RIG/RIG%C2%AE-Universal-Gun-Grease.aspx
>>
>>34542975
>>34543010

OP here.

Would try different options for a while and if i dont find them ok, either pay for the slide the probably ludricous retail price here or change the whole gun.

Thing is i am visiting the US in less than a year and looked like a good oportunity, pity its not that easy to do it.

Regarding where am i... Lets say english is only my third language and that i am in a corps that is part of Eurogendfor and probably being deployed (as a volunteer) from here to the middle east this winter and switch back to Beretta 92fs or HK USP compact while there.
>>
>>34542345

Business owner here that sells gun parts. ITAR is the vein of my fucking existence. My profits would probably go up 50-100x if it wasn't for that fuck ass law.

>>34542594

ITAR covers all defense articles. Seriously, it's so fucking stupid you don't even realize how stupid it is until you start selling the shit on a regular basis.
>>
>>34545074

Also, ITAR also applies to defense related training and technical information.
>>
>>34545074
not just defense articles but also "dual use" items
basically all heavy equipment is "dual use"

ITAR is fucking over American business by making it difficult to export shit
>>
>ITAR
He's LEO, I'm pretty sure ITAR can be alleviated for exporting to government agencies
>>
>>34545092

Tell me about it. I have business contacts in three countries that would pay out the ass for shit but there's no legal way for me to get it to them, meanwhile Chinky Chink Chong floods their markets and makes all the shekels.
>>
>>34545111
>exporting to government agencies
>man wants to privately purchase a non-regulation stainless steel Glock slide to his sidearm

Pick exactly one.
>>
>>34545140
Maybe he could send in a request for it to his higher ups?
>>
>>34545111

There are end-use certificates but 99% sure his department/agency would need to make that purchase, not him. And even then, there's a lot of BS involved.

Here's a very minor part of the process:

http://pmddtc.state.gov/licensing/documents/dsp_83.pdf
>>
>>34545111
But id be purchasing it form my personal firearm (i paid for the glock and is legally one of my personal guns; my "government issue" handgun ,which i cannot modify, is another that i keep in a safe at my office because is difficult to conceal without a jacket).
>>
just buy the slide and declare it as worth less than $100
it's a singular part so nobody is gonna look super close at it and it's value is likely close to $100 wholesale if it's stripped
>>
>>34545189

Form=for
>>
>>34545189

Oh, well you're pretty much shit out of luck then, unless you smuggle it back. Or you could take a chance mailing it inside of something else like an old camera or playstation or computer, but that's between you and your Fuhrer Hans.

>>34545200

This is for imports into the US, not exports out of the US.
>>
>>34545074
ITAR makes me so fucking angry.
>>
>>34542441
>What is ITAR?
the US's way of fucking everybody in the ass when they're not bringing democracy to your home
>>
>>34542327
>In the US, the only part that is legally a gun is the part that holds the FCG
No, it's the part that holds the serial number.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.