[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit I just saw this in the paper. Pic looks like one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0552.jpg (3MB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0552.jpg
3MB, 3808x2144px
Holy shit I just saw this in the paper. Pic looks like one of those sabotaged rounds blew up some muzzie, no idea how it was "pulled from an injured soldier" probably the news fishing for views
>>
>>34542236
Without reading the article; my guess is it was used in some isis equivalent of an expedient claymore.
>>
>>34542236
Didn't american SF pull shit like this all the time in Nam?

Maybe ISIS/Iraqi Army came across a sabotaged ammo/weapons cache and used it.

But most likely >>34542255 is correct and it was used as some improv shrapnel in an I.E.D.
>>
id venture to say, a shot to the chest, through the magazine carrier
>>
>>34542329
>Didn't american SF pull shit like this all the time in Nam?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

>Project Eldest Son (also known as “Italian Green” or “Pole Bean”) was a program of covert operations conducted by the United States' Studies and Observation Group (SOG) during the Vietnam War. The project focused on placement of exploding cartridges into supplies used by communist combat forces in southeast Asia. United States technicians assembled 11,565 7.62×39mm cartridges for AK-47 rifles, 556 12.7×108mm heavy machine gun cartridges, and 1,968 82mm Type 67 mortar shells to detonate in the weapon when firing was attempted.

>Captured ammunition was partially disassembled and reassembled with substituted components. Rifle and machine gun cartridges had the smokeless powder replaced with a high explosive of similar appearance which would generate approximately five times the design pressure of firearms. The bolt and pieces of an exploding AK-47 receiver would typically be projected backward into the head of the individual firing the rifle. Substitute fuzes were placed in the mortar shells to detonate the shell when the mortar fired. Explosions of the team-fired machine guns and mortars often killed or injured anyone near the exploding weapon.[1]
>>
File: IMG_2942.jpg (537KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2942.jpg
537KB, 1280x960px
>>34542236
>just based on the pic
>can't be arsed to read all that
I'd guess they made shrapnel bombs using spent casings, like in that siege of jadotville movie.
>>
>>34542236
I don't know, the way that case is destroyed doesn't look like it exploded in the gun, wouldn't it bulge more?
>>
>>34542330
If so it probably saved the poor bastards life
>>
>>34542438
read the article, it only talks about suicide vests, so most likely it was shrapnel as this guy suggested or a live round mixed into the explosive for shrapnel + more explosive.
>>
>>34542438
Too much of it lying about not to use it.
>>
File: muzzie.jpg (117KB, 735x715px) Image search: [Google]
muzzie.jpg
117KB, 735x715px
>>34542236
>"suicide bombers, women with babies in their arms"
fake news
>>
File: 1483348523563.png (35KB, 215x215px) Image search: [Google]
1483348523563.png
35KB, 215x215px
>>34542348

holy fuck

>when youre ambushing GIs and your buddy's head gets removed via dustcover
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.