[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Concealed carry/EDC gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 17

File: images.jpg (4KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 301x167px
What are your thoughts on revolver vs semi auto for a concealed carry/ EDC gun
>>
>>34541623
Why not both?!?
>>
>>34541623
It depends on which you feel more comfortable with, anon. Statistically, you won't need more than two or three shots in a self defense shooting. I know we /k/ommandos like to play out a grand gunfight in our head where we have to take down 10 bad guys attacking a damsel in distress or whatever floats your boat, but that won't ever happen. Pick what you are more comfortable with and shoot more accurately.
>>
>>34542193
To go along with only a few shots a revolver will never jam
>>
I carry an LCR these days, because when I carried an auto I always worried I'd draw it wrong under pressure and shoot myself in the dick.

If you're confident you'll never shoot yourself in the dick to with an auto
>>
>>34542219
>inb4 some tactifag sperg comes in babbling about timing or ejector rods backing out and tries to establish some false equivalency that these happen as often as ammunition or magazine-related failures in automatics

I'll qualify what the previous poster has said. A revolver is highly unlikely to be rendered inoperable by ammunition-related failures. Its mechanism of operation precludes it from failures to feed, failures to eject, double-feeding, failing to go into battery, or any of these kinds of common malfunctions found in automatics. While revolvers can and do fail, the failures they encounter are rare occurrences like major parts breakage that do not happen with greater frequency than they do on automatics.
>>
>>34542279

True, revolver malfs are far less common than auto jams, but most auto jams are a tap-rack-bang fix in under 2 seconds. When revolvers fuck up, you can't fix that shit without gunsmithing.
>>
>>34542279
Revolvers also can handle higher pressure rounds in a smaller frame compared to semi auto's.
>>
>>34542335
You're missing the point. The common malfunctions you are talking about on an automatic do not happen on a revolver. The rare kinds of malfunctions that cannot be fixed without gunsmithing and are guaranteed to take you out of a fight when they happen--for example, things like your trigger return spring breaking, your striker plunger shearing off, or your hammer pin breaking--happen to both revolvers and automatics with the same frequency.
>>
>>34542279
>A revolver is highly unlikely to be rendered inoperable by ammunition-related failures.
Actually, bullets jumping the crimp is the number one point of failure in lightweight CCW revolvers with rimmed cartridges.
>>
>>34542367
Give up dude, the majority of people on /k/ these days have never fired a gun and have no experience with either an automatic or a revolver.

This is shit you'd never have to explain to somebody who actually shoots
>>
>>34542392
Bullet creep is rare in actual revolver cartridges. It's more frequent in semi-auto cartridge based revolvers, like a 9mm revolver.

Why you'd want a 9mm revolver is beyond me.
>>
>>34542392
Have you looked at the particular circumstances under which most of those cases happen though? Virtually all of them either involve people firing extremely fast .357 Magnums out of 12 oz. Scandium J-frames, despite the manual warning you against doing so, or they involve reloads. It is extremely unlikely to happen to someone who is shooting .38 or .38 +P out of an aluminum or steel J-frame loaded with quality factory ammunition.
>>
>>34542392
Bullet creep is why I handload my .38spl and put a bitch of a crimp into them.
>>
File: panic.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>34542392
Wait. What? This is real? Shit.

>>34542447
>Why you'd want a 9mm revolver is beyond me.
Adding a revolver to your arsenal without adding a new cartridge to your stockpile. Which I did. Should I be scared? I've never had an issue before but now I'm 2spooked.
>>
>>34542491
If you want to be sure there's no problem with the crimp on your ammo, roll your own like a real man
>>
>>34542491
>without adding a new cartridge to your stockpile

That's fair. Bullet creep is a very rare phenomenon, even in autoloader cartridges, but it happens more frequently with them than a revolver cartridge. Just make sure whatever you stockpile has a heavy crimp.
>>
>>34542193
Statistically you don't even need to load your fucking gun since 90% of dgus don't involve a shot fired.

If you're going to carry a handgun, something that escalates force, you need to be able to stop whatever you're shooting at in their tracks. YOU DONT GET TO DECIDE if the assailant is merely going to flee at the presentation of the gun, the report of the first shot, or receiving a non incapacitating hit.

The reason we carry calibers larger than 25 or 32 is because there's a real possibility we have to shoot until the bg passes out from blood pressure drop or cns hit.
>>
>>34542606
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and I'll assume you understand that handgun bullets (yes even you're precious 357 mag) are incredibly weak. Ill assume you also know that attacks often happen at night and when they do happen you're adrenaline is usually going to be coursing through your body, affecting your vision, your breathing, and your muscle control. Now let's assume you have one attacker you need to take out, can you guarantee you'll get 6 center of mass shots? From what range? If you get 50% of your shots on target (better than any police department), are you certain that those 3 will stop the threat?

What if, the absolutely unthinkable, the once in a million year event happens and you're faced with TWO attackers?
>>
>>34542651
To finish up, the lack of capacity of a revolver severely limits what kind of situation you can get out of. 6 shots will not always be enough and you are simply testing fate if that is all you pack. Reloads in a revolver are incredibly slow, unless you're able to create a serious lull in the fighting (at which point you probably should have just run away), you're speedstrips or bulky speedloaders wont help you.

Most revolvers that people carry don't have night sights (because they are rarely offered from the factory and few models can actually take them), they also have heavy double action trigger pulls and very high bore axises.

The one claim to fame of a revolver: reliability, is and has been for quite some time a moot point. Semi auto Pistols like the h&k p30 or cz p-01, can reach ridiculous numbers of rounds before experiencing a malfunction (30,000). With even a modicum of maintenance and care they will be every bit as reliable as a wheel gun.

Revolvers have no advantage unless you're using it for handgun hunting. Even pocket 9s are very reliable, though a j frame doesn't present AS MUCH of reduction of capacity over say a glock 43
>>
>>34542245
Just go with a da/sa of dao design like the sig DAK. They have just as much of a heavy trigger on at least the first shot as your LCR but with better capacity and sights, etc.

Not all semis have 4.5 pound striker fired triggers without a safety
>>
>>34542193
Also if you can shoot a revolver just as accurately as someone can a semi auto (unlikely), then you should switch platforms because you're incredible skill will translate to even greater accuracy at faster speed with the semi.

A k frame revolver vs say a sig 320c has a heavier, longer trigger pull, higher bore axis, more recoil (38+p vs 9mm) due to the lack of a recoil system, and most of the time also has far inferior sights that cannot be seen well or at all at night
>>
>>34542703

Wow I bet that essay got you an A in your creative writing class but you are just straight wrong. 30,000 rounds without experiencing a malfunction is a joke. What is your carry pistol? I've owned about a dozen autos and not one has ever gone more than a few hundred rounds without an FtF (which required me to rack the slide unlike a revolver) or a stovepipe. It just happens. No one who actually shoots would claim an autoloader has ever gone 30,000 rounds without a failure, it's absurd.
>>
>>34542606
>>34542651
>>34542703
I'd say someone is buttmad that someone said revolvers are an effective self defense weapon. Sorry other people's thoughts offend you.

>even your precious 357 Mag
Negro, did I ever say what I carried? Oh, no, I didn't. Your jump to assumptions is hilarious. Keep sperging.
>>
>>34542778
It's like he's getting paid to shit on revolvers for some reason
>>
>>34542785
It's comical. People like above fail to realize that people have preferences that differ from others preferences. No need to get offended at that.
>>
>>34542778
>>34542785
>>34542796
Probably samefag but whatever.

I just didn't think it was right that people were laboring under the illusion of that 6 shots is sufficient. By "your" I meant that most revolverfags point to the stopping power of 357 as a major advantage.

I am not offended nor did I ever mention my "preference". Modern double stack semi autos do a better job of defending your life than revolvers. Shooting them at the range is fine but I think you'd be doing yourself a MAJOR disservice by relying one with your life. That is all.

>in what way have I shown to be buttmad? I'm not angry just generally worried that such poor advice is being spouted on a weapons board
>>
>>34542844
But the overwhelming evidence is that 6 shots is indeed more than sufficient. The wide majority of defense situations involve 2 to 3 shots fired at near point blank range.

Nobody but Crips and Bloods get into running gun battles on the street involving multiple armed assailants
>>
File: IMG_1766.png (282KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1766.png
282KB, 750x1334px
>>34542764
Not sure about the p-01 claim (I could have been wrong)

P30 had 27,000 mean rounds before stoppage

Sorry
>>
>>34542868
What's your carry pistol
>>
>>34542844
When most self defense shootings involve three shots or less, five or six shots is plenty. And if your stats are correct, five shots would be more than plenty, as 90% (your number) of DGUs don't involve a shot being fired.
>>
>>34542861
There is not overwhelming evidence because a reliable source for average rounds fired in a gunfight doesn't exist.

It's true that most of the time firing your gun at an assailant or scoring a single hit will stop him. But in the times when you actually need to kill the attacker before he kills you 6 may or may not be enough, add in a second determined assailant and you're basically fucked.
>>
>>34542897
Do you foresee that any situation you will be placed in while not at home will involve multiple determined armed assailants? Are you a spy or mafioso?

I could walk around with a helmet on my head to be prepared in case a tree limb falls on me but at some point you have to consider whether shit is likely to happen.
>>
>>34542875
Not relevant. I'm not starting a competition I'm just arguing that semiautos are a better choice, don't make this personal.

>>34542890
Read
>>34542897

For the last time, if you're preparing for the 90% chance (just a generous number I remember hearing - it could be lower), then you might as well carry a 22. But if you actually need to stop the threat, a revolver will not always get the job done and moving to a semi auto greatly increases your chances. It's a lot more complicated than "you only need 3 shots to deal with a threat since that's the statistical average" (not even sure if that's true), because it's more you only need a few shots to scare off the undetermined, only one hit to stop the semi determined, and a lot more to kill those who will only be stopped by death. It's true you could stop him with one round, but even a great shot might take 10. That's why most people who take self defense seriously carry either a semi auto with fairly high capacity or a semi auto with a spare mag or two.
>>
>>34542925
Its fairly common for people to attack in groups of at least two. Watch some self defense videos to see what I mean.

Why limit yourself if you don't have to? Why not be prepared for more situations if you give up nothing in return. The person who carries a gun probably doesn't want to leave it up to the criminal wether his 6 shots will be enough, just as he wouldn't want to leave it up to him whether he gets harmed without a gun
>>
Why carry a pistol every day when you could just carry a rifle? Much more effective, more capacity, you can conceal it under a trench coat.
>>
>>34542764

>I've owned about a dozen autos and not one has ever gone more than a few hundred rounds without an FtF

Stop being a limpwristed fairy and/or using promags and/or using tulammo and/or trying to suck cocks while shooting
>>
>>34543028
That's shitty logic, a semi auto is often times easier to conceal than a revolver.

Again revolvers provide no real advantage. A glock 19 sized pistol is no more intrusive than a k frame
>>
>>34542965
I'll take 6 shots of 44 over 16 shots of 9mm any day.
>>
>>34542703
>6 shots will not always be enough
>Reloads
>night sights
>heavy double action trigger pulls and very high bore axises
Get a load of this mall ninja.
>cz p-01, can reach ridiculous numbers of rounds before experiencing a malfunction (30,000).
From CZ USA's site:
>During testing of the CZ P-01, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired.
So basically, shut the fuck up.
>>
Anybody have any thoughts on the FN 509? I bought one a couple days ago for edc and took it out shooting yesterday and today and it shot like shit, and it wasn't just my aim.
>>
>>34543043
>provide no real advantage
>mechanical bubba loads less powder than it needs to
>your double stack turns into a single shot

Self defense scenarios happen at near point blank range, and revolvers are capable of making contact shots that most automatics aren't. If your pistol barrel is grabbed, similarly, you will have a single shot pistol instead of an automatic pistol.
>>
>>34542965
Once again, why do you foresee being attacked by multiple determined assassins who can only be stopped by death?
>>
>>34543059
>>34543059
Seeing your sights at night is for ninjas! As is needing more than 6 shots to defend yourself, you want a trigger pull that doesn't weigh 10 or 12 pounds? What are you some kind of faggot?
Hell all you need is a 5 shot snubby and a double barreled shotgun for home defense buddy, you expectin to get into mogadishu or some shit? If you can't kill em with 5 what good is 15 gonna do ya?

>>34542868
>>34542868
>>34542868
>>34542868
>>
>>34543087
Because it happens, there is not recorded data for how many times it happens but I'm not going to bet my life on a fucking statistic. Yes I could foresee two people who want to hurt me who either through drugs or pure determination will refuse to stop after getting shot. Multiple assailants is not a tactical fantasy it's something you hear about in the news all the time.

Just because you've convinced yourself its unlikely to happen doesn't mean it won't.
>>
>>34543062
Hickok liked it

Everybody has guns they shoot well and ones they don't either because of the trigger, the sights, the grip angle , or a hundred other factors. That being said I'm sure it's mechanical accuracy is fine, the gun and you simply didn't mix.

Honestly I don't see any advantage of the 509 over pre existing polymer wonder nines.
>>
Both. Semi auto for everyday carry, revolver in jacket pocket as backup during winter months.
>>
>>34543133
Okay but by your logic you should wear a helmet at all times outdoors because sometimes tree limbs and construction debris falls on people's heads. Are you willing to bet your life on the statistic that it won't?
>>
>>34543050
Heavy n frame is difficult to conceal, muzzle flash and recoil mean follow up shots will be slow as fuck. Grips that tame recoil are also really bulky.

The fact of the matter is most people who carry revolvers aren't carrying 44 magnums and those that do, do so with many disadvantages.
>>
>>34543171
No beacause helmets are intrusive to my daily life. A 15+1 glock 19 sized pistol isn't any more of a pain in the ass to carry than a six shot k frame. Hell go with an m&p9c if you can't be bothered to carry a large gun. Still has more than twice the capacity of a revolver
>>
File: 20170714_123119-864x1152.jpg (421KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_123119-864x1152.jpg
421KB, 864x1152px
>>34543212
I have different pistols that I carry depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going, like most people. I'll ask for a third time, what is your carry gun Mr. Wise Guy?
>>
File: rev.jpg (55KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
rev.jpg
55KB, 700x375px
imo hammerless snubnose revolvers are easier to conceal and draw left/right-hand when crossdraw iwb
>>
>>34543275
What difference does it make? I'm arguing that revolvers aren't a good choice for carry.

If all you can say in return is that you carry and I don't then my work here is done and hopefully you resign to your LCR to a backup role.

Nice CZ negro
>>
>>34543179
>difficult to conceal
Found your fucking problem, coward.
>>
>>34543333
>self defense
>contact shots
If you drew on me, hypothetically, I could pull your hand into my body and partially rack your slide, disabling your gun. Meanwhile I can jam a snub into your gut and unload 6
>>
>>34543335
In what way does not wanting to wear xxl tshirts and baggy 36 inch pants make me a coward?

If you'd rather have 6 shots of 44 and not being able to carry an n frame makes me a coward then why don't you post a pic of yourself concealing it?
>>
>>34543360
>concealing it
My solution to your conundrum is don't be a faggot.
>>
>>34543333
Your opinion on carrying is worth just about jack shit because you don't fucking carry, dude.

Birds don't ask fish their opinion on the best way to fly.
>>
>>34542447
In a snub nose the 9mm is going to perform better in the shorter barrel at the cost of recoil and reloading inconvenience. The ammo is an assload cheaper at least for training and the moonclips are not as expensive as most magazines. That's about the end of any advantages, some people just want revolvers in 9mm so they make them. The most consistent reasons that people pick snubs over subcompacts in my experience is that they cannot rack the slides reliably so their FTE's and FTF's are critical failures to them. The other is that they are not comfortable learning how to use a semi-auto (grip, loading, controls, press checking, etc) and want the familiar safe, point and click option that only has the load button and the bang button and is full of shapes they learned to manipulate when they were 3 and playing with a block puzzle. I'm pretty sure Freud was actually correct about revolvers, they remind women of their father's penis and they equate them with safety and power.
>>
>>34543391
His opinion on revolvers doesn't mean shit because he doesn't know jack shit about them.

>they have no advantages whatsoever lololol
Reminds me of an autofag saying "there is no reason to use single-action on horseback"

Of course he didn't ride horseback, and of course he would never have shot from horseback.
>>
File: jonysccrig.jpg (267KB, 773x741px) Image search: [Google]
jonysccrig.jpg
267KB, 773x741px
>>34541638
>Why not both?!?
this is my thinking. i'm good with either so it just kinda depends on the weather. we have more than a few 100+ days during summer where i live, so a light .38 in the pocket is my go to. but in winter, i'm usually hiding a 10mm under my jacket. on days in the middle, pic related is my EDC
>>
File: Tracker 44Mag snub nose.jpg (97KB, 728x506px) Image search: [Google]
Tracker 44Mag snub nose.jpg
97KB, 728x506px
>>34543360
>>34543179
>>
File: IMG_4311.jpg (1003KB, 2480x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4311.jpg
1003KB, 2480x2448px
>>34543378
Thanks OC fag

>>34543391
Not my opinion just posting factual arguments and sound logic. I haven't carried all summer because I'm in San Diego with my family/ left guns at home. doesn't mean I wasn't absolutely correct and the only positive to revolvers is muh contact shots.

>>34543406
I've shot plenty of revolvers.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Horseback single action? What?
>>
>>34543354
>hypothetically
not the guy you were addressing, but yeah, i had a salesman show me that trick in a gun store once. i backed away one step and it corrected the problem. now i'm a revolver guy, i grew up with them. but it's just kinda silly to think that trick is going to take me out of a fight. if we are to the point of gut shooting each other, we are well past winning by taking someone's slide out of battery
>>
File: IMG_0939.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0939.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>34543480
Another of my revolvers
>>
>>34543480
What, you quit your job for the summer to go live with your parents? Either that or you're literally a summerfag out of school. At least I'm at work while sitting here shitposting.
>>
Not strictly related but I see a lot of wheel gats being posted so I may as well ask

I'm looking at a Police positive special that appears to be in great condition, is 500 a reasonable price?

I know the more obscure caliber PPs go for less but i figured it's worth more because it uses .38 special
>>
>>34543404
>snubs over subcompacts
Contact shots.
Local sheriff who I shoot with carries one on his ankle in case a bitch takes him to the ground. I thought it was horse shit since it's hard to draw like that on the ground but he emptied it and said "Try to tackle me." I even knew where he had it but couldn't stop him. Definitely beats a knife.
>>
>>34543518
That's an old-ass revolver anon, I'd spend the $500 on a newer S&W Model 10 or 19 unless you are interested in it for its historical value for some reason
>>
>>34543500
The guy assaulting you won't let you "step back," he has feet too.

How the hell can you be well past the point of winning if you disable their gun and dump your cylinder in them? You think you can "draw your blade and cut my throat" or something? You have SERIOUS autism or something.
>>
File: what.jpg (66KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
66KB, 800x760px
>>34543518
>it's worth more because it uses .38 special
as opposed to what? .38 normal?
>>
>>34543543

50s, so its shootable

Old colts are just so well made and pretty, and the police positive is about the only one I can afford, not about to drop 1000+ on a python
>>
>>34543558

.38 colt, .32 colt,
>>
>>34543480
You're welcome, I'm genuinely glad to help. And as long as I'm here, while I'm not that guy...

>>34543480
Gunshots scare horses. Scared horses buck. Bucked humans have negligent discharges when their body instinctively tightens its grip.

And yeah, you know, it's true: you can shoot a gun at a range all day and not learn how it operates in a fight.
>>
>>34543518
I've seen Colt Official Police in pretty good shape going for $400 + tax/fees. $500 might not be bad if the gun is in really great shape, doesn't have any mechanical problems, and you really like it. Be sure to inspect it thoroughly for these, as Colts are infamous for having a less durable action than S&Ws or Rugers.

Also, if you do get it, do not fire +P in it. The only older revolvers that are definitely safe for use with +P are ones chambered in .357 Magnum.
>>
>>34543544
try doing that in an actual life or death fight sometime, see how far it gets you. most likely you will never get your hands on the slide and he will put a couple through your hand and into your chest. that is not the time to be trying stupid little tricks. if you go for my slide, i'm naturally going to draw it back and pull the trigger. that is nothing more than a gun store put on to sell a revolver to people that don't know any better. gotta move what's in stock, ya know
>>
>>34543559
>$1000+
>Python

Try ~2k for a beater Python and up to 5k for a good one (1950s to 1970s vintage) in excellent or like-new condition.
>>
File: IMG_1768.jpg (1MB, 3024x3780px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1768.jpg
1MB, 3024x3780px
>>34543512
Lol studying business at university

Annnd here's my edc

Please don't post me or my Maine coon here
>>
>>34543570
>>34543480
This. My point being: you don't know what you don't know, and faggots like to assert that what they don't know doesn't exist.

>I don't know reasons for carrying revolvers
>so there aren't any
>I don't know reasons for carrying single action on horseback
>so there aren't any
>>
>>34543566
i had no idea that chambered the cop snubbies for anything other than .38 spc. guess i learn something new every day
>>
>>34543570
Please enlighten me of your experience fighting with a revolver.

Fact of the matter is you don't know shit other than how it works at the range. Just like me.

Aren't you aware that OC fags always get shot first?

>>34543584
This
>>
>>34543584
You hve seriously bizarre expectations about an actual SD scenario, probably from movies or running it through in your head. You have to reach for your gun to draw it, an assailant comes up to you and fucks with you. On the sidewalk do you think you can draw your weapon every time someone is walking by you?

Or do you think criminals honorably call you out at a 5 yard distance for fair play... ?
>>
>>34543570
>Gunshots scare horses. Scared horses buck.

you gotta go easy on some people. remember, some of these guys have never actually seen a horse in real life. probably a lot of taxis, but never been in the same room with a horse
>>
>>34543586
>Lol studying business
I hope for your sake it's something like finance or CIS management and not just """business""" or an MBA you think will land you an adminstrative position is a field you have no work experience in.
>>
>>34543605
>aren't you aware OC fags always get shot first?
This a thousand times. That's why you see all these recordings of security guards getting... shot first... wait nevermind, I forgot this isn't payday 2.

Real criminals move along, they don't want to turn their holdup into a murder RIGHT OFF THE BAT.
>>
So to wrap up, anti-revolver dude is a literal summerfag home from school for the summer, posting from San Diego California, who doesn't even carry, here to share his hot concealed carry opinions.

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>34543627
>shooting security guards first
Dumbass. You just let them shoot you while you yell down the crowd or take out anyone with an alarm button. Then you shoot them if you take too much damage or they start calling it in.
You are why pubs are terrible.
>>
>>34543607
>You hve seriously bizarre expectations about an actual SD scenario

these aren't my expectations of anything, i'm only responding to shit posted here. and your "take them out of battery" trick is nothing but a salesman's pitch. i stand by my previous statement, you try that with bad guy A and he will shoot you immediately. you go for anyone's gun and he will shoot you.
>>
>>34543627
Wait, so are we being attacked by real criminals who are moving along and don't want to turn their holdup into a murder, or a crack team of assassins who can only be stopped by death? Now I'm confused.
>>
>>34543623
Thanks for the tip friend

>>34543627
Security guard=====\==== some faggot with a gun on his hip.

In a mass shooting or armed robbery YOU will be the first one taken out. Red guard will get the jump on you and grab your gun because your essentially walking around with at least 500$ on your hip.

You sacrifice the element of surprise for what exactly?
>>
>>34543623
W-What's wrong with just studying business?
>>
>>34543668
>Security guard
hell, security guards around here don't even carry, they have a walkie talkie, like the FBI men in the new version of ET

i wouldn't take that job on a bet

"hey you, now you cut that out. yes, i'm talking to you"
>>
>>34543627
or they just wait for you to finish buying your groceries then rob the place when you leave.

like the only person who will do that is a spree shooter, and they are almost never lucid enough to pick your gun out of the crowd of people int he place they're mass shooting. You also don't OC the same way you CC. If you OC at 12-2 then only people in your fov can even see that you're carrying. As long as you practiced your draws, you should be able to outshoot this hollywood action villain.

>>34543668
Not payday 2 not GTA. Security guards literally are some faggot with a gun on his hip. That is exactly what they are. Perp doesn't have "batvision." Hi-point is $150. Google holster retention levels, they can hold your gun on your hip for literal minutes at a time.
>>34543667
Real guns are used for real self defense scenarios with real criminals that want money(or in the slim minority of defensive shootings to protect another).
>>34543664
You know there are muzzle-plates to prevent this for automatic pistols? Because it's a real thing that happens.
>>
>>34543631
>home

Beach house nigga

>>34543586
>>34543586

>586
Ironic
>>
>>34543664
try that with bad guy a? bad guy a is trying it with you, and he got the jump on you by walking up to you and getting in your face and pulling his gun out first. You have to draw from concealment and beat his shot time point blank, and he has a free hand to grab your arm. You're right about one thing, it's unlikely: you probably won't be able to draw the fucking thing at all.
>>
>>34543668
No problem.

>>34543676
Everything they can possibly teach you is on the internet and in books. Study it yourself. You don't need a degree if you're starting a business or investing in others', you are your own boss and hiring team. The piece of paper saying you went to libtard indoctrination and debt amassment camp is just for fields that require it. Alternatively, if you want to be an administrator or advisor of some sort, go work in that field and let your company pay for your MBA when you have the experience to actually manage in that field. Nobody is going to hire a greenhorn with nothing but a degree to manage anything but the coffee machine.
>>
>>34543716
>Real guns are used for real self defense scenarios with real criminals that want money
Wait, but before we were being attacked by multiple determined attackers who fought to the death, and that's why we needed an autoloader remember?
>>
I've gone back and forth between my glock 19 and s&w j frame so many times. With a good belt I really don't mind the weight gain of the glock and every time I carry the revolver in the back of my head "fuck is 5 really enough" in all seriousness it probably is but I prefer the glock for peace of mind.
>>
>>34543720
>school
>beach house
pick one

>>34543729
If you're taking the piss, I get it, I think it's a pretty silly argument to make. If not: I never had any of that presented to me, nor would I argue it if it was. It's not relevant, because I was giving advantages of revolvers to someone who claimed they literally didn't have any. The debate between which to carry is of no consequence to me, only whether or not there are significant pros and cons to each design.
>>
>>34543760
He's an idiot studying """business""", no doubt wasting daddy's money which also paid for the beach house and his SCAR.
>>
>>34543731
Depends on what round, my dude. 5 .357 is enough.
>>
>>34543731
>>34543789
Six black dudes with bats are here to enrich you. Do you want 5 rounds of .357 or 6 rounds of 9mm?
>>
>>34543818
................ 5 rounds of .357.
>two to the chest one ot the head
>two to the chest one to the head
>4 more africans
>>
>>34543825
Do you seriously think you have to Mozambique a nigga to put him down with 9mm?
>>
>>34543842
>trusting 9mm
>>
>>34543825
You're being unrealistic. In that situation, you would
>double tap the head
>double tap the head
>double tap the head
2 nig nogs left.
Now, if you...
>heart-shot
>heart-shot
>heart-shot
>heart-shot
>heart-shot
Considering you're standing far enough away to take 6 measured shots with the 9mm they won't get to you in time, even if they're zombies with no consideration of death.

So basically
>>34543818
>would you rather fist fight 1 nig nog or 2

>>34543842
>9mm can reliably kill in 1 shot no matter where you put it
Oh god, it's retarded. We should have had an abortion.
>>
>>34543860
>no matter where you put it
Should have said
>even with perfect shot placement
my bad, my autism.
>>
>>34543860
What if instead of perfectly shooting all 6 in the heart you just drew your katana and used your shadow jutsu to teleport behind them, and tipped your fedora while saying "psh... nothing personnel, kid"?

Seems you could save ammo that way. In case you're wondering, yes I am mocking you. Believing you could reliably shoot six moving people in the fucking heart is about the dumbest John Wick nogunz shit I've heard.
>>
>>34543906
My dude, believing you could kill 6 dudes with 6 9mm rounds is the dumbest John Wick nogunz shit I have ever heard. Your autism is literally too thick to detech mockery.
>>
>>34543781
Going to junior year of finance at
goizuetta

>>34543729
That's wasn't me, if they didn't want to hurt you a 22 would be sufficient to ward them off

>>34543760
Pick all three

School in Atlanta, home in Dallas, beach house in SD
>>
>>34543928
>>34543906
>>34543879
>>34543860
>>34543854
>>34543842
>>34543825
>>34543818
Implying you wouldn't magdump into one dindu anyway
>>
>>34543928
>John Wick
Objection, he Mozie'd every chance he got.
>>
>>34543818
https://youtu.be/ykiSTkmt5-w

>implying nigs don't run when met with lethal response
>>
>>34543944
>implying the others wouldn't scatter after you did
>>
>>34543955
>implying their fear of a 5 shot revolver wouldn't be even greater than the n9ne or futty they've seen drill a nigga with holes and have him stand up and walk away
>>
File: 822.jpg (19KB, 298x387px) Image search: [Google]
822.jpg
19KB, 298x387px
>>34543966
>it's a 9mm revolver anyways
>>
>>34543994
clipdump the revolvo's drum mag and start clubbing like miley cyrus
>>
>>34543940
>business school in Atlanta

Oh shit now this whole thread makes sense. GA State is just about the only place where you might actually need 15 rounds and a backup mag to defend yourself from all the nogs on the way to class.

Should've come to UGA bro, our women are hotter and easier

>and if you're at Tech, lel someday with luck you will see an actual female
>>
File: 2015-09-21-12.00.24.jpg (114KB, 2352x660px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-21-12.00.24.jpg
114KB, 2352x660px
>>34544013
>she doesn't CC extra clips for her Glock 9
>>
>>34541623
semi-automatic

While it's true that you only need a few shots, it's not so much an issue of magazine capacity as it's an issue of being able to quickly put the rounds into the threat. Compare a semi with a magazine of 6 and one in the chamber with a 14 oz CC 5 shot revolver. Really not that big a difference in capacity. But with the automatic you can quickly magdump into whatever you need to shoot. Light revolvers are more difficult because usually there is a lot of kick when a small gun fires a 38+P so you'll need to aim again. The extremely short barrel exacerbates this. Trigger pull is usually harder too. With an automatic you know you can put 6 or 7 rounds into the target quickly. Even if they're not as strong as 38+P, which you might only get two or three off. Then again if you can quickly unload a revolver into a target, more power to you.
>>
>>34544036
The scenario was 5 rounds, okay, cut me some slack here.

LCR 9 ftw
>>
File: 7e7.png (244KB, 496x358px) Image search: [Google]
7e7.png
244KB, 496x358px
The fuck is any of this?
>>
>>34544062
People arguing over which gun they'll need when the squadron of international ninja hitmen finally catches up to them
>>
>>34544048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzHG-ibZaKM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QucT2B9b9gE
1 trigger pull is one bullet, just like an automatic.
>>
I don't CC but as far as revolvers are concerned is a .410 judge a valid option?
>>
>>34544435
It doesn't do anything that a normal revolver cannot do better. You would be much better off with a decent .38 Special or .357 Magnum than you would with a Judge.
>>
>>34543951
This. So much this.

Nigs lose their shit when there is a loud bang and they're caught off-guard.
>>
>>34545143
>shoot .410
>>
>>34545143
Do they make shotgun shell for a 38 or 357
>>
File: 20170714_160715[834].jpg (387KB, 1419x798px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_160715[834].jpg
387KB, 1419x798px
my woods carry
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-14_18-30-45.jpg (360KB, 1920x974px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-14_18-30-45.jpg
360KB, 1920x974px
>>34543518

It was worth it
>>
Thinking about picking up one of the armscor m206 revolvers in 38 special. Less than $300 seems like too good of a price, is there anything I'm missing, or any glaring issues with the gun?
>>
>>34545994
Probably yes
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.