[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the CETME .308 shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: CETME_308.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CETME_308.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Century arms has been known to be shit in the past, do they still produce shitty rifles? I'm looking to buy my first rifle, so be kind
>>
>>34539769

They're still shit, don't bother
>>
>>34539769
From my understanding it's only shit if Century did all the work. Most of what they build off a parts kits are fine, but if they had more of a hand in it than that, God help you.
>>
>>34539776
Better alternative?
>>
>>34539769
I understand that the old Century CETME's are pretty shit, but the new Century C308's are at least somewhat better though still mediocre with the potential for major issues. They're made from PTR parts and CETME parts kits.
>>
>>34539804

PTR, just save up some more dollarydoos
>>
>>34539769
just save your money and buy a PTR. Its an Actual Quality rifle
>>
>>34539820
>>34539828
Thanks for the advice anons, now its just time to save some cash
>>
I think we had a thread on this yesterday.
Earlier this week C308's were $500 with a $50 rebate. They also included 9 magazines.
However now that they are back to normal price, save your money for a PTR.
That being said C308's are made from PTR parts now, and new old stock cetme parts.
>>
>>34539910
This place is selling it for $478 plus $15 shipping. There's still 2 days left on the rebate. Magazines ought to cost like $2 each if you can find them. Not gonna lie, I'm tempted as hell. The rebate puts it down to what SKS's go for nowadays which is insane.

https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/tactical-century-c308-787450280762
>>
>>34539965
>https://www.gunprodeals.com/products/tactical-century-c308-787450280762
Well I wouldn't pass that up.
People give them shit, but like I said, it has a PTR reciever and barrel, with old stock cetme parts.
You can get magazines, and tons of parts cheap with the money you saved to customize it to your liking.
>>
>>34539965
Plus century bought up all the last cetme parts kits.
>>
>>34539981
Apex still has some for a couple hundred dollars.
>>
>>34539996
They have had them for awhile, I have one to switch out to the wooden furniture and spare parts.
>>
>>34539769
you'll be sorry.
>>
>>34539769

I can't wait for all the threads a month from now

>WTF //K\\?! I just bought this new G3 and it won't even dent the primer/cycle/feed/shoot straight. On top of that, the sights are canted/safety is loose/receiver is shaking apart. I should have bought an Enterprise FAL instead. G3 a shit.
>>
File: 1499950596136.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1499950596136.gif
2MB, 270x188px
Don't get a .308 as your first rifle. The recoil will be a bit much for a new shooter and the ammo is costly, giving you less range time. If you still want the HK aesthetic but are willing to compromise on the caliber I would recommend the C93. Same style, shoots 5.56, more reliable than the pos C308. That's just my recommendation though, you spend your shekels however you wish.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.