[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are schmidt and bender short dots worth it or are they just memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Picture1289.jpg (69KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Picture1289.jpg
69KB, 800x533px
are schmidt and bender short dots worth it or are they just memes?
>>
>>34539610
They are either the best or second best 1-8x made, depending on who you talk to, with the leupold mk8 cqbss the other contender.
>>
>>34539658
how do they compare to the kahles k16i.
>>
>>34539610
lets you shoot hogs up close and far away
>>
>>34539672
Well for starters they actually have a 1-8x model, the Kahles is 1-6x.

Glass is very marginally better. It's so close and the magnification is low enough I personally would put this further down the priority list than other things.

The S&B has some of the absolute best designed turrets I've seen.

Reticle is personal preference, both offer several and all of them are good.
>>
>>34539717
just curious cause i hear so much praise on the high ends LPVO like the Kahles k16i the Mk8 and the Swarovski z6i but you rarely hear the anything about the short dots 1x4 or 1x8...Even though they cost the same if not more then all the other ones i just mentioned.
>>
>>34539764
They're not in current/recent military service (notice how the PMII has a hell of a cult following and continues to have a disproportionate representation in long range shooting), they're made in significantly lower quantities, and they're not carried by any of the big or "premium" AR companies.

Notice how Kahles was pretty much unheard of until Larue started selling it? The k16i has been around a long time.
>>
File: 9hf09ggnmc8z.jpg (100KB, 880x562px) Image search: [Google]
9hf09ggnmc8z.jpg
100KB, 880x562px
>>34539818
i never really noticed that, your right kahles does have a package deal with the spr mount and the k16i. I thought the short dot was at some point in service with some SF dudes? All things considered this short dot looks pretty aesthetic on that hk417
>>
>>34539888
Bundeshwehr and US SOF briefly used the 1-4x short dot in the 90s but dropped it in favor of either an ACOG due to weight or one of the 1-5x or 1-6x variables from Steiner or Leupold. I know of no military forces that have ever used the 1-8x, although some police forces do.
>>
>>34539927
such a hard decision to make, im gonna drop 2000 plus(been saving shekels and it will not break me unlike other k dwellers who are 1000000 dollars in debt) on one of these but i need to make sure no buyers remorse for this price.
>>
>>34539610
Law of diminishing returns
Also, do they have etched reticles now or are you still fucked when that battery dies after 40 hours ?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.