[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shotgun for a newb.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: index.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Hey guys, currently a no/shotguns guy, and lookin' to change that. Saw a Maverick 88 for $200 and Remington 870 for 350$ at Big 5. Lookin' to maybe hunt with it in the future, and am at kind of a loss here. Only ever shot a shotgun once, but it was a pretty fun experience.

Also, in California, so has to hold 4 shells to hunt.

tldr; I want your newbie shotgun opinions.
>>
>>34539376
>Also, in California, so has to hold 4 shells to hunt.
its 2+1 for hunting. this is achieved by shoving a dowel or something in the magtube to limit it.
>>
>>34539376

My first was a maverick.

If I were you i'd get a maverick or a cheapie coach gun.

maverick 5rd come with a plug

coach guns are more aesthetic... but I'm a bit of a fudd. up to you, really.
>>
>>34539376
Both the Mav88 and 870 by default hold 5+1, if its a 4 round max then just dont load more than 3+1 or dont take the dowel out of the tube (which limits it to 2+1 on the Mav88 IIRC)
Both guns are worth the asking price IMO.
>>
>>34539376
I'd say the 870 on principal, but only if it's pre Freedom Group. Otherwise, get the Maverick. Most 500 shit will work, so you could get a buck and a bird barrel relatively cheap.

The wobble triggers my autism though.
>>
>>34539412
I could find a slug barrel for the 870, but nothing for the 88. Thoughts?

>>34539424
They're both brand new.
>>
File: 1477531755434.png (416KB, 480x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477531755434.png
416KB, 480x639px
>>34539376
>>
>>34539478
In that case, the Maverick. Shit, there's not much you can't do with a 88/500. There's barrels for everything, and given that the gun is cheap as shit, you can load up on whatever you need to make it do what you want.
>>
Cz sells overunders for 500.
>>
File: 2017-05-19 03.13.31.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-19 03.13.31.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>34539376
You could always get a Winchester SXP, there are a shitload of variants for them and range about $275.

I literally walked into a gunshop just to shoot my sks, then I was talking to one of the shop keeps about eventually buying one to train before I ship out for the NAVY.

He recommend me this gun and I love the shit out of it. It takes like 10min to 15min to clean. And it has the ability to put rails if you want to.
In honesty I am still learning about shotty's but this one I hear nothing but good things about.

...If you are okay with having a Turkish made gun ...
>>
I'm buying my first soon. I did a good bit of research and settled on a Mossberg 500. Inexpensive, durable and reliable.
>>
>>34539478
The 18.5 that you can get with the 88 is unchoked. It's wide fucking open. Hell, my HD load is empty chamber, #4, 00, 00, slug, slug
>>
>>34539830
Solid choice. I only own the 88 and will probably get a 500 just to compare the Mexi500 with the regular one. Make sure to get a barrel marked 'Cyl' if you plan on doing slugs. Chokes and slugs disagree.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.