[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is paintball and airsoft a good way to practice group tactics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: women like being abused.png (235KB, 475x474px) Image search: [Google]
women like being abused.png
235KB, 475x474px
I've never played before but it seems like something that people could do to improve their leadership and tactical skills while also having fun.

What are your thoughts /k/
>>
Why is that gun in her mouth? That is extremely unsafe.
>>
>>34537352
If you think you can develop those by playing with 12 year olds sure
>>
File: 1374164345210.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1374164345210.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>34537352
>>
>>34537352
If you find a good group sure. Just don't expect miracles if you find a group of kids or nerds with zero actual experience. Look for groups with vets and LEOs participating and try to get an AEG that matches your actual gun if you go airsoft. With a good group you can actually learn real things, the trick is finding that good group.
>>
>>34537558
Clearly airshit.

I'm pretty sure this is from the Japanese video of the dude shooting the fuck out of that asian chick with a bunch of different airshit guns until she's bleeding and crying everywhere. Then he fucks her welted ass.
>>
>>34537490
shes had far more dangerous things in there before
>>
>>34537627
That's awfully presumptuous of you.
>>
>>34537603
Fuck AEG, man. He should get an HPA system.
>>
Would you stop posting this shit thread with that shit picture and kill yourself already?
>>
>>34537681
AEGs are cheap yet still work just fine, unless he's going balls deep right out the gate he probably ought not jump into the expensive stuff. What he should absolutely do though is get low caps.

BTW op, /k/ hates airsoft. Even though there are potentially valuable uses for it you'll be hard pressed to find more than a couple of us willing to say anything but "airshit is for kids faggot". Yeah it's absolutely valid to mock that airshit can cost way more than the real deal (look at the airsoft mosins, it's a bad joke) but it has it's uses. Personally I liked that I got accustomed to trying to blast actual living people. After years of doing it on the field I'm a lot more confident that if I had to use my real AK on someone I could.
>>
>>34537603
>>34537681
I don't know what those abbreviations mean. I've never played airsoft or paintball before but can you explain what type of skills you might learn?

>>34537702
This is the first time I have asked this
>>
>>34537804
AEG=Automatic Electric Gun
Battery powered so you just recharge the removable battery instead of dicking with gasses. Probably the most common type you'll find others using.

HPA uses a relatively large tank of gas on your back and the gas pressure propels the BBs. Can get some stupid high FPS ratings from what I understand but they're expensive.

There's also gas guns with the gas in the magazine. These are usually the most realistic. I'll post a video of one of the neatest ones in a sec.

If you find a good group mostly related teamwork and how to not get shot. If you get a replica of your actual rifle you can learn how to move with it in all sorts of scenarios. An important thing to remember is cover in airsoft or paintball is merely concealment when it comes to actual guns.

When looking for a group like I said look for one with active or former military and cops. Sperg Spergington III and his merry band of NEETs in camo will be almost completely useless. If you're after learning real skills also go with an actual firearms instructor and legit tactical training for learning more skills.
>>
>>34537913
I want one of these so damn bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EpEd9woeAk

And as a bonus a japanese shooting competition with airsoft because they can't into real guns. Best goodest one at around 5:30.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDs2ez6Fpk
>>
>>34537913
how does airsoft compare to paintball?
>>
>>34537963
I prefer paintball because it's much harder for people to lie about not getting hit.
It also actually stings unlike airsoft, so there's generally less kids playing.
>>
File: feels bad man.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels bad man.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>be me
>be into airshit because cant into funs yet
>mfw also a poorfag in state that thinks guns are evil
>>
File: Thunder B Grenade set.jpg (147KB, 1181x886px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder B Grenade set.jpg
147KB, 1181x886px
>>34537963
Airsoft guns are a lot more like the actual thing in form. Expensive to get into but not to play afterwards. you can get several thousand bbs for the price of 3-4 boxes of 7.62x39. Also fairly safe for backyard plinking. Less power than traditional .117 BB guns but still enough to penetrate cans and whatnot. You might not feel airsoft through thicker gear and most is non-marking. It's definitely on the honor system but if someone doesn't call hits you just keep shooting them. You can use a wire mesh mask and glasses for eye-pro (you need something to stop shards under the mesh) it's what I use, woo far less fogging.

Paintball is more expensive in the long run due to paint being more expensive. They're .60 cal balls filled with paint, you can't get away with not calling your hits and they will be felt even through usual gear. Only problem here is you can stain your gear. Also the actual realistic paintball guns (they do exist) are pretty expensive last I checked. You need full sealing protection for your eyes. You cannot just use wire mesh. I would not use them for backyard plinking.

Either way use a mask for sure. Both can help you figure out how to apply things you learn from people who actually know what they're doing. Having played both airsoft hurt more but that's because when you get hit once you get hit like 6-10 times from a burst and people in my group ran 400+ fps guns on fields you could throw a toddler across.

Also, get pic related. Thunder B grenades.

>>34538006
Eventually you will join us in hasguns land anon. Work hard and more to the actual US then buy all the guns.
>>
>>34537612
>I'm pretty sure this is from the Japanese video of the dude shooting the fuck out of that asian chick with a bunch of different airshit guns until she's bleeding and crying everywhere. Then he fucks her welted ass.
sauce
>>
File: Matrix Striker.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Matrix Striker.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>34538135
BTW, if you do a lot of off trail hiking in eye gouger turf these mesh masks are god damn amazing. Can charge right through that shit with no problem. Feel like the god damn juggernaut plowing through vegetation no fucks given.
>>
File: 8957234509723.jpg (83KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
8957234509723.jpg
83KB, 624x468px
>>34537612
SAUCE NOW
>>
>>34537558
If I did this would I get sick from all the gun stuff like burnt powder and lube?
>>
>>34538147
>>34538526

search for it on murderless. my gf is over and I can't right now.
>>
File: 1468191959245.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1468191959245.png
142KB, 292x257px
>>34537612
>>
>>34537804
>I've never played airsoft or paintball before but can you explain what type of skills you might learn?

-Use of cover (just keep in mind that in actual firefight, most cover is only visual)
-Situationnal awareness
-Suppressive fire
-Flanking / ambushing
-Frogleapping
>>
I always liked playing indoor airsoft with my gas pistol. Find an indoor field with no minimum engagement rules and practice room clearing on of 12 year olds.
>>
File: 1481094333241.jpg (24KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481094333241.jpg
24KB, 320x320px
>>34537612
>>
>>34540576
-Gear drilling (changing mags, using a mag dump, throwing grenades etc)
-Adaptive stance shooting
-Use of camouflage
-Weapon handling care

negatives
-Laxing of combat mindset the longer your play

I recommend not using chest rigs / plate carriers, the more it hurts the more alert you stay. Use a harness or a battle belt instead, minimizes the area that you cant feel hits on and makes it easier for you to tell when you get hit.
>>
>>34537913
Those relatively new Tippmann HPA guns are amazing. They actually give you some recoil. Polarstars are just BB hoses and aren't fun at all IMO.
>>
>>34537352
this gives me a bonner
>>
>>34538135
>Thunder b's
I did airsoft when I was younger with my cousin until he got banned because of those.
>place we're at has one rule about these things.
>DO NOT
>USE THEM
>INDOORS
>So what does this fucking mongoloid do?
>tries to toss one into a second story window from directly underneath.
>misses, because he's a catcher, not a pitcher.
>lands between his legs
>EEEEeeeeEeeeeeeee
>shreds his pants
>he did this in full view of the safety marshal
>immediately yanked and banned
>>
do you wear a cup when you play airsoft and paintball?
>>
>>34543798
will you be checking?
>>
>>34537352
it can teach you movement skills, cover utilization, communication and leadership under stress but it's not a substitute for proper training. being intense physical activity is really its largest saving grace.
>>34537603
>vets and LEOs
some of the worst players out there when fresh in my experience. granted they'll shoot back but they're usually on the level of kids who just hide. it's a game and their training just doesn't translate so until they realize that they suck something awful.
>>
>>34544075
i'm the op that has never played before
>>
>>34537612
That's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>34537612
Nah. It's Aino Kishi, Spy something or whatever. Not very good.
>>
>>34537352
If you think people running around speed softing is a good tatic go for it, but if you want a more realistic thing I would recommend Milsims.
>>
>>34537352
I very much think so, yes. Shooting at paper really does no no good other than discipline.
>>
>>34537612
Tfw you know this video
>>
What are you practicing? You actually think you'll get the chance to operate in real life? Btw airsoft is the cancer that kills
>>
File: 427624233.jpg (59KB, 638x806px) Image search: [Google]
427624233.jpg
59KB, 638x806px
I've been playing reliably since September (i used to play in 2012 and was trained by an explosives expert marine on his modest team) and this is what I can tell you.

My weapon manipulation has greatly improved. I know the difference between tactical reload and combat reload.

My camouflage skills are outstanding. I use rubber bands to attach foliage to everywhere, especially atop my head. I now wear face paint to cover up my white-guy nose.

My comms have improved. I always provide SALUTE and ACE reports where needed. I am more attentive to the mission at-hand.

For some reason, friendly fire is still a problem. I killed a friendly who was approaching my structure. I should know by now, but it is a wake-up call to always PID your targets, even if that means putting yourself into danger.

Mostly it cuts out all the little shit you don't think of, like how to access your radio when you're being shot at behind cover, or how to retain all your mags when you're sprinting (keep the flaps closed!), how to react to contact quickly and intelligently.

That, along with reading field manuals, has made me a much better 1980s/90s dress-up toy guns marine.

Airsoft does not account for vehicles, which when you remove land vehicles, tanks, helicopters, and close-air support, takes it out of the realm of modern combat. Modern combat is actually quite depressing with so many routes of indirect fire. A lot of casualties where the person doesn't know what hit them.
>>
>>34545736
interesting...i can't tell if you're fucking with me or not because i have never played before

me and 3 other friends are going to go to a neighboring paintball place next week. it should be fun.
>>
File: 1498206856651.jpg (770KB, 1920x1306px) Image search: [Google]
1498206856651.jpg
770KB, 1920x1306px
>>34537352
im in the army, not from USA, and from what i saw, airsoft is shit compared to military group tactics, i mean, we learn some fancy shit, most people dont know anything about those tactics except for what they see in movies, and to learn you will have to pay a lot i suppose.

>TL;DR IM IN THE MILITARY AND CRINGE EVERYTIME I SEE SOMEBODY TRYING TO DO WHAT WE DO WITHOUT KNOWING HOW TO DO IT

nice pic cause i liked the thread
>>
>>34545736
dude one basic thing a soldier learns is to never wear foliage to a helmet, what would you think if you saw a stick that should be at ground level levitating? or a stick moving?.

Actually you can wear something but it cant be stick or something like that, when i got trained some dudes got some clothes strips and attached them to the helmet, it looked funny when u saw them run but it actually helped, like a ghillie.
>>
>>34545995
this guy, if you want some solid advice i could give you basic stuff:

-always take cover, there are 2 types of cover, physical cover like a tree or a big rock, and visual cover which is the most common

-never move the same way, people are easy to read and when u jump from 1 tree to another trying to assault a house for example, the dudes defending the house will try to guess where u will go next so its easier to aim

-only move when fire is being exchanged, supression fire is inexistent in airsoft games, which makes a game easy to read, some random guys shot at eachother and get their ammo wasted then reload and back to the same, if you find a buddie to cover you while u move, then u do the same, both of you get to a good possition and then fuck the dudes that have wasted a lot of ammo on you up close where is less % of fail rate

-always control your ammo, for real, you dont want to be shooting like crazy and then when u have a perfect shot BUM the weapon is empty which means 5 more seconds just to load the gun if you are fast, put 10 for newbies or even more

-shoot small waves, to see where they going and that shit, and also to save ammo

TLDR dont be a dumbass and do the opposite from the rest of the guys
>>
>>34546126
do a lot of military and law enforcement people play paintball?
>>
>>34537352
OP is a cringeworthy faggot.
>>
>>34537352
Play somewhere that is 18+ or else enjoy 12 year old teammates with athletic pants and a collared shirt with spring pistols

Also, play somewhere outdoors
>>
>>34538526
it's on efukt
>>
>>34538135
Paintball ref here.
Mostly this except two things I noticed
>Paint staining clothes
Depending on where you get your paint it may or may not stain your clothes. The place I work at uses paintballs made of Fish oil and gelatin so they don't stain clothing, it's none toxic if you get shot in the mask and paint get in your mouth (just taste fishy), and the balls can't be harder when frozen.
The second thing is that most locations for paintball fully require you to have your mask on at all times due to the danger of being shot in the eyes and actual face. Being shot in the temple or any part of your face with a paintball can cause serious damage so your mask is so important. That's why they make you sign waivers before you even play.
>>
>>34537352
I have a question for the anti airsoft fags:

If you don't think Airsoft or paintball is good training, then what do you think is better practice for moving around and using cover while being fired on? I think that's a valuable skill, and I can't think of any other way to work on it.
>>
>>34552181
I could see it being a decent training tool, however in paintball "cover" could be almost anything, in real life the same object is just something to hide behind, as an fmj round will go through a LOT of material.

Also it may reduce fear of being shot in actual firefights. When I was 12-16 playing paintball I learned the faster, and more "fearless" players always won. When newer players are scared of getting hit they hunker down and get fucked. Gotta go all out. Run hard, shout positions, dry fire if you are out of paint, be a fukken animal.

Made me sad with nostalgia realizing this was 10 years ago.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.