[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /k/ think of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: AC556_with_folding_sock1.jpg (26KB, 600x198px) Image search: [Google]
AC556_with_folding_sock1.jpg
26KB, 600x198px
what does /k/ think of mini14, and can mini14 serve as a battle rifle? why and why not, please explain.
Also would it be a good idea for some 3rd world country to adopt mini14 as their main rifle for their army?
>>
The AC556 was pretty sweet. No it's not a battle rifle in the popular definition of battle rifles (not a full power rifle cartridge). No, they are too expensive for a 3rd world country, there are better options for the money, and I doubt Ruger as a company would go for it (they definitely wouldn't while ol Bill was alive).
>>
File: Yplh18u_d.jpg (13KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
Yplh18u_d.jpg
13KB, 527x409px
>>34534670
Mini-14 can't be a battle rifle just because it utilizes an intermediate cartridge. Rechambering it to something bigger would just make it an M14.

So as a main service rifle it would be a downgrade in comparison to an AK platform for example.
>>
5.56×45mm NATO ammo be use in mini14?
>>
>>34534670
>ruger won't bring back this folding stock

fuck u ruger
>>
>>34534670
>battle rifle
>intermediate cartridge

please lurk more.
>>
File: 0704170238a.jpg (967KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0704170238a.jpg
967KB, 2560x1440px
>>34534670
People are going to hate on you for using the "Battle Rifle" term to describe an intermediate power cartridge weapon. Anyway, the Mini is a fine fighting rifle IF you can accept some of its quirks. The biggest being proprietary mags and difficulty in mounting optics, it also doesn't have the kind of aftermarket support that the AK and AR enjoy (for now lol, the AK didn't get attention until people got bored of the AR and eventually will get bored of the AK, gun fads are circles just like anything else). You must also accept it's environmental limitations as an open-top action. It can handle some foreign debris, but not as much as an AR or AK. It is the same action that stormed the beaches of the South Pacific in WW2, it worked fine then and it will work fine now. I have a tactical model that is my general purpose weapon and is the one that rides in my trunk. I've never had a problem with it, granted I always take care of my weapons and stay away from Tapco and Promag magazines. As for a 3rd world country, why 3rd world? Anyone could use this type of weapon as a main armament. Any country that used the M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, or M14 shouldn't hesitate to use these either. If Ruger would pull their head out of their ass, these would easily make a come back in the market.
>>
>>34534670
It's an ok gun but it has a very thin shitty barrel which overheats quickly and won't hold zero. It's fine for plinking but not a SHTF weapon.
>>
Mini 14 is worse than cheaper competitors in every way. The only people who really like them are people who don't own anything else in it's class
>>
>>34534670
Great if your not being invaded by barns.
>>
>>34535374
Ruger retooled in 2005-2008 and the newer ones with a serial number beginning with 580 come with an improved gas system and cold hammer forged heavy barrels. I have one and it is as good as any AR or AK off the shelf.
>>
>>34534921
The only reason I would ever buy one is that sexy sexy stock.
>>
>>34535464
Oh nice, I didn't know that. I like ruger rifles and revolvers but their semi auto pistols make me feel nauseous.
>>
>>34534860
Yes. Also learn english
>>
>>34535495
Yeah, I like Ruger but am not a fan of their semi pistols either. I have a Blackhawk, Mini-14 tactical, and .308 precision rifle and love them all. Just wish there was a good cheaper mag alternative. I would kill for a Mini-14 Pmag lol.
>>
>>34535384
Not true. I have several AR and AK pattern rifles. It's the A-Team's fault in my case.
>>
>>34535384
Worse, no. Not for the average shooter. Just about any weapon you pick up will be more accurate than the shooter. The Mini is also reliable, the rumors stem from people cheaping out and buying shitty Promags and Tapco mags and then blaming the weapon because they didn't want to drop money on factory magazines. Minis are built like tanks, solid steel construction and come with cold-hammer forged barrels and have fantastic 2-stage 5 lbs triggers out of the box. Many weapons do not come with those features in its price range. They are a high quality weapon, it just has certain quirks from being an open-top action. Not an issue if you ask me though. Anyone that would take an SKS, M1 Garand, M14, any bolt action, and virtually all other open-top actions would have no issue running a mini. All current data points on the mini are outdated because Ruger revamped them about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, the weapon lost most of its following by then to cheaper and more affordable ARs. Because of this, it has become a hidden 3rd option. They're great guns and will serve you well if you do your part. I look forward to seeing them return to popularity, enough so to get Magpul to give it market support. Ruger is also missing out on a huge market by not upgrading the Mini-30. If that shit ran surplus, the AK market would shrink overnight.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.