[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 8Uj0l1d.jpg (101KB, 1227x453px) Image search: [Google]
8Uj0l1d.jpg
101KB, 1227x453px
Would it be a good idea to start buying all the nuggets I can find and just sit on them for a couple months in sell them? The mosins price has gone up over $50 in a year alone but in a few years who know how much they'll be worth.
>>
>>34534658
It would've been smart to do that 15 years ago when you could get them for 90 bucks. Sure, they'll probably go up in price but it'll be 10 years before you can cash in. Plus, how much are you really going to make, honestly? I wouldn't do it unless you just really want 40 mosins for the lulz. You might make a couple bucks but you definitely won't get rich.
>>
>>34534658
that boat sailed chief.
>>
>>34534658
I'd suggest buying at least a dozen right now. Prices are only going to skyrocket in the next 5 years.
>>
>>34534775
Even if they're still not as cheap as they used to they're only gonna go up
>>
Hell no. M1 Garands have been and will be the best investment for your $, in terms of guns.
>>
>>34535670
Idk man... K31s jumped up a lot recently
>>
>>34535670
M1s have increased 300% in the past 5 years?
>>
>>34534658
No, it's a bad idea. You're gonna spend a few thousand to get maybe 500 profit if you're lucky. Why not stick it in a CD or your 401k?
>>
>>34534709
>It would've been smart to do that 15 years ago when you could get them for 90 bucks
Buy 100 mosins for 9K then wait fifteen years foe the lot to reach a value of ~27K. so an average appreciation of only.. 1.2K a year. Then consider the time, opportunity expenses & rental costs a table at gunshows show while avoiding the ATF's loose definition of a dealer....

You'd been better off buying mags & riding ban scares or maxing a 401k.
>>
What made them popular was they were cheap as borscht. The ammunition was almost free. Both are now approaching normal 5.56 7.62 rifle prices. ARs are selling for $400 new.
The supply will never be what it was not after Syria and Ukraine. The ammunition is gone and so are the mountains of rifles
>>
>>34537234
Theyre coming back after those ears are over right?
>>
>>34537289
Fuck no the tens of millions of 7.62x54r per month were used in Syria. The surpluses are gone. The cheap Nuggets were from the 1990s Russian collapse they sold them for less than a dollar and they were imported by the tens of thousands and originally sold for 50 to $75 bucks. The ammunition was $35 for two thousand rounds its all gone now. New 7.62x54r is the same price as modern military ammunition. It's never been an accurate round or rifle it was popular because it was cheap. It's not a thing now in Canada we get Chinese rifles at soviet surplus prices. American shooting is about to see $250 ARs as soon as the Afghan and Syria are over
>>
>>34537161
>Buy 100 mosins for 9K then wait fifteen years foe the lot to reach a value of ~27K. so an average appreciation of only..

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Where are you going to find mosins for $90?

Sage for retarded.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.