[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MedievalWeapons/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

Anyone who collect rapiers / swords?

You might be able to ID this.
Bought it for dirt cheap at a garage sale.

Oh medieval weapons thread btw.
>>
>>34534443
Thanks in advance
>>
>>34534443
Early 1700's French. At least that's what the blade design and color scheme suggests. Value 10k-the sky is the limit, depending if you find the right buyer.
>>
File: DSC_1844.jpg (1MB, 2800x1889px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1844.jpg
1MB, 2800x1889px
Cheap wallhanger, roughly in the shape of a cup hilt rapier.
>>
>>34534510
>>34534505
>>34534443
More southern France and Spanish (mainly) due to how plain the design of the cup is.
>>
>>34534510
>Cheap wall hanger.
Lemme guess, anon, you want to buy it too...Fuck off and make a reasonable offer before you look stupid. Oh, look, I humiliated you, how does it feel?
>>
>>34534524
>or at least the style they were trying to imitate if it is a fake.
>>
OP Here , anyone know if there is a professional who can verify it?
Any reliable sites / services?
>>
>>34534443
Post maker/proof marks.

If none, Chinese tourist tier trash.
>>
File: sword001.jpg (155KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
sword001.jpg
155KB, 1023x682px
>>34534443
>>34534524
>>34534538
Looks like this one, which is a modern replica from Spain for the tourist trade, just painted differently.
>>
well, not medieval, in style or date.

Cup-hilted rapier, in the style of the late 16th or early 17th century.

I dont recognise the make/model, but the decoration on the cup hilt shows it to be a 20th century reproduction. If I was putting money on a bet, I'd say 1990's probably, maybe 1980's.

Value? not much. its in good condition, so, you might get $50 for it in a sale. unlikely to make more.
look at the blade and see if it has any markings or words - "toledo" or "marto" in particular is likely for that style
>>
>>34534556
Don't listen to this idiot, anon. He doesn't have a clue. Many of the rarest variety of swords in that time period were in fact markless! They were pumping them out for the war effort. This is where the big money rests, rare unmarked variations.
>>
>>34534556
If the painted brass furniture, skinny grip and "dirt cheap at a garage sale" provenance weren't clues enough...
>>
>>34534568
that one is bullshit, OP's is legit.
>>
>>34534550

I ( >>34534570 ) am a professional. (no I'm not saying who I am on this Namibian hunga-munga forging board. So take that however you wish. )

Save the money it would cost getting an appraisal from anyone worthy of the name - it would cost you more to get it checked than its worth

Sorry, but its a mass produced modern repro. Given how bright the blade still is, almost certainly stainless, so not even a functional blade.
>>
>>34534632
This guys full of shit. Your blade is worth the big bucks, get it appraised ASAP, OP.
>>
OP here .
Thank's for the responds.
I wasn't really planning to sell it in the first place so it being a replica doesn't really bother me.

>>
>>34534443
It is a modern touristica from Spain, Toledo.
Makes a nice wallhanger, nothing more.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.