[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mosin or 870

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: picture-11.jpg (26KB, 985x438px) Image search: [Google]
picture-11.jpg
26KB, 985x438px
/k/ I'm looking at buying my first gun and I've narrowed it down to 870 express or a mosin. I've been shooting rifles my entire life but I've never really been around shotguns. I will be mainly using the gun for hunting. I wanted to mount a pu on a mosin originally but I found you have to tear up the rifle and get a new bolt for it and that'd be a lot of extra cost. What do you recommend /k/?
>>
new 590a1 or used wingmaster/policemagnum
>>
>>34533580
870, cheaper, more custom options, and mosins are no longer cheap, and they are shit compared to most milsurp actions anyway, plus 12 Gauge ammo will be cheaper on top of that
>>
>>34533580
DO NOT GO 870
The QC issues are real. Go mossberg. Mosin internals remind me of a used hooker.
>>
>>34533580
Mosins are overpriced nowadays but will teach you to shoot, comrade. Remington 870's, modern ones, are rust buckets that will shit the bed after a few years. What's your budget?
>>
mosins are a fucking meme. they cost upwards to 250 and surplus ammo isn't available anymore. for that orice you're better off buying a far superior surplus rifle like an enfield or mauser

get the shottie
>>
>>34533600
$300 for just the gun
>>
>>34533580

Mossberg 500 or 590. If things happened differently and Remington wasn't bought out by Freedom Group, perhaps I'd reccomend the 870. But as>>34533593 said, QC problems on Remingtons post acquisition products are no meme.

As for the mosin they go for $250 to $300 now, at which point you could buy a Ruger American, Savage Axis or Mossberg patriot.
>>
>>34533580
>/k/ I'm looking at buying my first gun and I've narrowed it down to 870 express or a mosin.
You fucked up so badly it shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>34533616
My local armslist has SKS for 350, if you spend a little more, you can get one, and it's a beautiful gun, it was my first, and I put tapco shit, a 20 rounder, and bought a 75 rnd drum.
>>
Nuggets were fun while it lasted. The 870 is a shit now.
Get a 590a1 if you can afford it. Milled receiver.
>>
>>34533580
Get a Mossberg Patriot. Shotguns are fun but they're not like shooting a rifle at all. If you're good with a rifle, a shotgun will be no problem. However, if you're good with only a shotgun, you will have some problems.
>>
A 12 gauge is going to be a lot more diverse of a weapon for you, since this is your first and only gun. The 870 I have is fine, haven't had any trouble with it. I have two 500's, and they're pretty much equivalent to the 870 in my experience. The only gripe I have about the 500's are that the furniture on the forearm (one synthetic, one wood) will twist and rattle and feels remarkably cheap. The 870 feels tighter and more substantial.
>>
I love my Mosins, don't shoot them much anymore since the ammo is drying up and I don't want to break into any more of my spam cans. They're as accurate and reliable and well machined as any of the 30-06 or .270 or .243's that my friends and family have. No easy way to mount a scope does skew it a bit, though.

I know it's getting popular among the summerfags and nogunz internet experts to trash Mosins, but they're not bad rifles at all.

That said, in your case a shotgun is what you need. Buy some #8 birdshot, #4 shot, 00 buck, and slugs, and you have an extremely versatile weapon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.