[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clearing home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: Combat-Clear-Header-2-1.jpg (41KB, 550x307px) Image search: [Google]
Combat-Clear-Header-2-1.jpg
41KB, 550x307px
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2017/07/12/safely-clear-home/

How accurate/innacurate is this article?
>>
Seems entirely accurate and well written from what I skimmed of it. It's always nice when these websites actually consult someone who knows what they're talking about when writing articles instead of the author just pulling shit out of their ass.
>>
>>34533334
Well written -- this is a great intro for a complex topic. In a part two I would add:
>how to short stock a long gun
>the lost art of entering low thru a door or hallway opening
>answer why a long gun is preferable to a handgun in a situation
>>
>>34533524
>>>the lost art of entering low thru a door or hallway opening
expand plz
>>
>>34533334

I think the guy used in the illustrations has meme potential.
>>
>>34533632
Yes
>>
File: Krushing kunts.gif (2MB, 518x292px) Image search: [Google]
Krushing kunts.gif
2MB, 518x292px
How to crush a plastic bottle is much more interesting
>>
>>34533334
>If you live by yourself and an intruder breaches your place while you’re at home asleep, stay in your room, lock the door, call 911, and ready your weapon.

Fuck you, maybe don't live in a pussy state. Michigan may have some problems, but-
>Stand your ground
>Castle Doctrine
>Fleeing Felon Law
>Defensive killing civil immunity

If they break in at night, don't hide and hope they go away, defend yourself.
>>
>>34533768
>Living in states that allow murders
>>
>>34533768
That sentence in the article was directed exactly at you. I don't know how much clearer it could be.
>>
>>34533786
Ya, you'reallowed to defend yourself. Terrible. Maybe instead the law should make it illegal NOT to offer them lemonade while they plan to rob/murder/rape you or the ones you love.

Nice b8 I guess, but hard to take seriously.
>>
>>34533821
Did you just assume what they were going to do in your house?
>>
I would take professional instruction from a reputable instructor over reading some dumb blog called "The Art of Manliness" but that's just me.
>>
>>34533835

Trespassing in my home entitles you to one free burial plot.

Doesn't matter what size your cock is if it's in the wrong pussy.
>>
>>34533850

Long-standing blog that has some pretty good advice at times. Though they're better at general life advice/how to dress/etc than this shit. But as an autist, they were instrumental in teaching me how to properly tie a Full Windsor knot. The only way to wear a tie IMO.
>>
File: IMG_0475.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>34533768
yes, totally run around the house with mall-ninja precision slicing the pie in every room until you find the bad guys and light em up.

>that's what's in your head, right?

I'll just make a kill zone in a tight hallway with no way to flank me and call the cops, gun pointed at the choke-point.
>>
>>34534014
Yeah, how to tie a tie or whatever sure. Clearing a house with a fucking firearm? Hell no.
>>
>>34534082
>Clearing a house with a fucking firearm?
did you even read the link? it's literally room clearing 101. If you've got to fucking clear your home, it's not bad advice.
>>
>>34533835
They're certainly not there to clean my kitchen, moron.
>>
>>34534095
>If you've got to fucking clear your home, it's not bad advice.

So that dumb 3 minute to read article is sufficient enough and cops and military are dumb for doing shit like FOF and getting professionals to actually teach this? Damn man, you got it all figured out.

Go back to posting your reddit-tier diy magpul infographs please. At least then, people won't get killed because of shit information.
>>
>>34534134
Actually yes, the job of clearing is fundamentally simple to explain. When going into a scenario where youll be fighting for your life toe to toe, simple is great. The issue is one of theory vs practice. Whats simple in theory isnt always simple to do. But continue to suck cocks.
>>
>>34534223
>simple is great

So wearing only my underwear armed with a baseball bat is optimal for room clearing? It is simple, right? My bat will never jam, unlike a gun. Keep it simple, stupid, got it.
>>
>>34533850

Article says he consulted someone (instructor?) from American Warrior Society and Shooting Performance. Never heard of either but seem fairly legit from googling them.
>>
>>34533334
>use a pistol
Its not the fucking 1980's you delta wannabe.
>>
>>34534134
so what the fuck do you suggest then bucko? wake up to a window smashing and think "gee i wish i enlisted mmm more delicious police dick for me to suck" and lie there while your TV gets reassigned to a "up and coming community"?
>>
File: Up and coming roadside snack.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Up and coming roadside snack.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
>>34534535
>>
>>34533334
>>
>>34533768
It's not about cowering, it's that you have a better chance of winning the engagement if you let them come to you.
>>
>>34533334

I read it as "How to clean your house"
Now I need to clean my house with a gun.
>>
>>34533835

Well unless you're planning a class on reading the minds of intruders assume the worst. After all why else is someone uninvited doing in my house in the middle of the night.
>>
>>34533334
Step 1. Get a dog
Step 2. Raise the dog
Step 3. Feed, talk to and pat the dog
Step 4. Recognize the emerging pattern
>>
File: 1493482105601.jpg (65KB, 450x453px) Image search: [Google]
1493482105601.jpg
65KB, 450x453px
>>
>>34534243
You're such a passive aggressive butthurt pussy you actually made me cringe.
>>
>>34533524
What is short stocking a long gun? Google foo is weak
>>
>>34536809
>Step 5. Fuck the dog
>>
File: graveler face.png (362KB, 824x402px) Image search: [Google]
graveler face.png
362KB, 824x402px
>>34533334
>It’s 2 AM, and you’re lying asleep in bed. Your wife is snuggled next to you, and your young children are slumbering soundly in their respective bedrooms.
I thought that was guide for beginners.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
>>34540312
>>
>>34533672
We get it, you're a sex addicted freak
>>
>>34533334
I find it informative although I have different thoughts on your own home clearing. It's your house, you know the lay out and other people don't so just sitting in your room isn't always the best option. You can maneuver around in dark of your house while they are stumbling about and get behind the intruder or intruders.
>>
>>34533334
My house is built into the side of a hill, so when you go through the front door you're on a balcony that overlooks the bottom floor, how do I clear it safely?
>>
>>34543865

Install trap door on balcony
>>
File: 1493402526331.png (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493402526331.png
1MB, 1280x960px
>>34542667
Mormon detected
>>
>>34533602
press b to crouch
>>
Imho if you don't live out in the sticks you don't take the risk of clearing the house and exposing yourself to injury or death and leaving your family behind. Contingency plan is your spouse takes the kids to a safe room with only one door and call 911. You take point in that room or in a place you have chosen before where you have a clear line of defense and wait for the cops. Advantage: you're waiting to light them up, you can ready your AK or AR and go to town if they cross the threshold of your redoubt because you know there won't be danger of overpenetration. If you kill said intruder(s) you'll have playing for yourself that you called 911 and were in a defending position, you had no choice; you were not actively hunting them.
>>
>>34533602
Don't just stand up all the time ya dingus.
>>
>>34544638
But what if you have to go secure your kids or wife? What if you are in another, less defendable, part of your house when you hear someone break in? You still need to know how to move through a rooms that may have hostiles in them.
>>
>>34540312
NO!
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.