[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TACP and JTAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 200px-TACPberet.jpg (6KB, 200x126px) Image search: [Google]
200px-TACPberet.jpg
6KB, 200x126px
Hey /k/. If you've been on the /meg/ at all you've probably seen me asking about the TACP field in the airforce. Basically the long and short of my situation is that I've worked retail for 3 years, and dropped out of college after a term. I recently discovered physical fitness and got myself into pretty good shape. Jogged a marathon in 5 hrs 3 months ago and found the thrill of pushing your body to its limits. Its some good shit. Last month /pol/ sucked me down the rabbit hole of Jordan Peterson and gave me some motivation to better myself.
I self-diagnosed the stagnation of my life as an overall lack of discipline. I'm tired of taking it easy, and I don't really want to whip my own life into shape, I'd rather the armed forces do it for me.

So, basically my question is if I end up in TACP how do I go about getting a JTAC certification? It isn't guaranteed, so would I just be a ROMAD then?

Also tell me how much of a shithead I am for wanting to go into the airforce if you want.
>>
You will go for JTAC qualification around a year after your pipeline. Hastened by your performance and the unit you end up in.

STS guys will be prioritized.

Any reason why you're all about JTAC? There's nothing wrong with the Air Force too. Much better quality of life.
>>
>>34532312
Look dude if you're a tacp you are eventually going to get jtac qualified or it would stall your career
>>
>>34532312
TACP will get JTAC qual but it can take a year to two depending on alot of thing like schedules and the idioticy of the military. You will have other schools you need to go to like SERE and Jump once you are out of the school house which could make it longer. You will be a ROMAD for a year or two basically.

Good luck man, AFSOC is definitely the way to go. They treat their people much better. Really prepare for the PAST tons of people fail it.
>>
File: dxR4oNrWjlo.jpg (111KB, 799x529px) Image search: [Google]
dxR4oNrWjlo.jpg
111KB, 799x529px
>>34532312
Im going into the army as a FISTer. What can I do to make the most of my time in?
>>
>>34532579
>>34532759
>>34532810
What these guys said, just know there is a chance of you not going JTAC, depending on where you're stationed

https://ls1tech.com/forums/military-hotrod-club/1188595-air-force-tacp-faq.html
>>
Read pic related and tell me if you still want to be a JTAC.
>>
File: 140814-Z-EU280-200.jpg (1MB, 3000x1926px) Image search: [Google]
140814-Z-EU280-200.jpg
1MB, 3000x1926px
>>34532312
>It isn't guaranteed, so would I just be a ROMAD then?
maybe, and thats a big maybe, but stay positive bro, I'm also currently in the process of joining the AF in TACP
>>
>>34533082
Go as deep as possible, up to the elbow if you can, might have to bend your wrist a little at the end.
>>
>>34533082
>What can I do to make the most of my time in?
go to airborne and pathfinder schools, then you could probably get a JTAC cert
>>
>>34533082
>>34533193
To an extent. Recommend getting an option 40 contract. Fisters in batt get jtac qualified. Another route is airborne and then drop a packet for SOAR, they also get jtac qualified.
>>
A chance as a JTAC you'll sit in a JOC all day and send 9 lines to Reapers all day. Listen to their weaponeering reccomendations, especially the Guard units.

Fucking active duty...
love the 42nd Reattack squadron
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.