[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>assault weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: disgusted.jpg (40KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.jpg
40KB, 600x500px
>assault weapons
>>
if anyone can tell me the actual technical definition of an "assault weapon" i will give you $195 in cash via snail mail
>>
>>34531568
It's a select-fire weapon designed for engaging and closing on an opposing position
>>
>>34531568
i think its like a gun you use to assault things
I live in europe, is that a problem?
im really behind on my rent sooo hurry up
>>
>>34531568
>intermediate cartridge
>full retard
>belt fed
Pic related, a "Squad Assault Weapon" employed by the US military. It's effectively an assault rifle on crack for when you need more assault and less rifle.
You can donate the money to a local animal shelter or get it in pennies and livestream yourself putting them all inside your body.
>>
>>34531568
Literally just a scary name that Califags have given to scary looking guns.

IIRC the technical specs are if it is a centerfire, semiautomatic rifle with one of the following: collapsible stock, pistol grip, forward grip, or flash hider.
>>
>>34531645
>Califags
You'll underage b& don't remember the real AWB fucking shits.
>>
>>34531568
any weapon that looks scary and can go BOOOM BOOM BOOM really quick
>>
>>34531568
That's my go-to argument with grabbers.

If they can give me both the technical definition of "assault rifle" and the legal definition of "assault weapon", i know that they are capable of understanding and are most likely open to discussion and persuasion.

If they can't, and, more importantly, don't WANT to know the difference, I know it's a lost cause and I keep my mouth shut.

>tfw my wife was in the former camp before i converted her, while her sisters are staunchly in the latter. Family get togethers are "colorful"
>>
>>34531636
>squad assault weapon.

Le wrongo. If this is bait heres your (you) faggot
>>
>>34531668
That's what FN Hertsal named her. Amerilards changed it to Squad Automatic Weapon and later their own production models were called Light Machine Gun but that's not her real name.
>>
I fucking hate new york
>>
>>34531696
that's really racist and antisemetic.
>>
>>34531636
>penny weighs .088 ounces
>$195 is 19,500 pennies
>19,500 x .088 is 1,716 ounces
>which is 107 lbs
>you're asking him to put 107 lbs of pennies in his asshole
>good thing he's a faggot
>>
>>34531715
>in his asshole
That was not specified, But one would assume that's where anon would start because he's a flaming homosexual.
>>
>>34531568
a reloadable rocket munition launcher, usually shoulder-fired, capable of firing anti-armor, anti-personnel, or bunker-busting rockets?
>>
>>34531712
>"REEE...!"
>>
>>34531466
A weapon you use to assault. I would prefer a select fire intermediate carbine length rifle that fires an intermediate cartridge.

I hate the term because it gives a definition to an item before it has been used. It could be a defensive weapon or a collectible weapon.

Assualt rifle to me is like saying murder knife
>>
>>34532718
That is the intent.
we also sell hunting knives and hunting rifles that will never be used for hunting.
>>
>>34531658
The first state to enact an AWB was California in 1989.

>>34531666
>If they can give me both the technical definition of "assault rifle" and the legal definition of "assault weapon", i know that they are capable of understanding and are most likely open to discussion and persuasion.
The trips of the devil have provided you great insight.
>>
>>34532718
>Assault rifle
Literally a word-by-word translation of the German term Sturmgewehr (pictured: StG 44, the FIRST of these weapons); Sturm also means Storm in German and in both translations refers to the STORMING of things, such as bunkers or cities or houses, which is achieved by using an Intermediate cartridge that can achieve effective kills both in medium-to-long range as well as short range, hereby filling the gapthat the Germans experienced to exist between the capabilities of the MP40 and the Kar98.

All other Assault Rifles descend from this gap-filler role, which was further refined by rendering the Intermediate cartridge down from its previous size (7-8mm) down to the modern, even smaller one (5-6mm). Assault Rifle (or more accurately, Storming Rifle) is a legitimate term as a result.

Assault gun on the other hand is also a legitimate term when describing a heavily armored vehicle carrying an artillery piece, used in assaults on well-defended positions to batter them with direct line of sight artillery fire.

Assault weapon is likely a criminologists' term. I have never heard it in military parlance.
>>
File: IMG_0355.jpg (32KB, 548x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
32KB, 548x319px
>>34531568
Any gun with these features
>>
>>34531568
Has that thing that goes up
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.