[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TAB CHECK Post RANGER stories or how your COC fucked you over.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Ranger_Tab.svg.png (57KB, 1200x494px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger_Tab.svg.png
57KB, 1200x494px
>TAB CHECK
Post RANGER stories or how your COC fucked you over.
>>
>>34529119
>Meet this weird dude in a trailer park
>He pulls his shirt up and has a red fluer de lis tattooed over his heart
>starts talking about how only rangers who've stabbed someone with a knife have one
>I look it up online and can't find anything about it
???
>>
>tab

scroll or GTFO
>>
>>34529455
But if you don't have a tab you'll get kicked the fucked out.
Cmon anon
>>
File: sv.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
sv.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>
>join the Army to become a RANGER
>get crayons shoved in my mouth first day at basics
>b-but I thought this wasn't the marines
>QUIET JARHEAD
>>
File: 1499280823123.jpg (54KB, 432x304px) Image search: [Google]
1499280823123.jpg
54KB, 432x304px
Ranger school is just that...a school. A fucking difficult school but there are fat ass Soldiers running around with a tab. Dumb, out of shape, and/or bad Soldiers, too. Just because you passed the school doesn't mean you are the next Jason Bourne times Jack Reacher.

However, going to Regiment is a bit different.
>>
>>34531152
>However, going to Regiment is a bit different.
How do you get selected for the Regiment and not just Ranger School?
>>
>>34531152
Can confirm; Air Force Security Forces get selected for it often enough.
>>
File: 3428510-big+boss.jpg (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3428510-big+boss.jpg
143KB, 800x1000px
>>34531316

You get an OP40 contract. That simple. You're placed in a Ranger Bat and when they think you're ready you do. You fail to get it, then they boot you to some other unit. Rinse and repeat for the next Joe who comes in.

Getting the tab means a lot depending on what unit you stay with. Regular line infantry? Hit or miss. POG? Kill yourself. Recon units? Mostly good. Ranger Bat? Always good. Pre-INDOC? Highest of the speeds.
>>
>>34531608
>You get an OP40 contract
The washout rate must be pretty insane
>>
>>34531826
It is.

Op40 and 18x are just recruiting tools to fill the 11 series with airborne qualified privates
>>
File: 1464919061990.jpg (9KB, 219x239px) Image search: [Google]
1464919061990.jpg
9KB, 219x239px
>>34531826

They try to knock out all the people who don't deserve that option in OSUT and in the first week and half. You have to have a 250 PT score or above; pass a physical height and weight check; and then if the Ranger course instructors don't think you're going to make it they'll ride you until you drop out.

One think I've never understood about /k/ though is; why a lot of un-enlisted civilians are so skeptical about joining they make whole threads to ask questions that don't matter.

"Will me lady be with me during the 14 weeks?"

Dude, if she can't make it 14 weeks with out cheating did you really want or need her?

"How hard is it?"

Yeah, let me call the company you're going to, ask your DS about his MOS, his deployments and schooling, etc. Plus, it's MOS dependent. You want it rough? 11B or 11C or 11X or 18X. You want it easy? 88M, 35F, etc.

That's just my 2 cents. I honestly think /k/ has gotten worse with fat armchair joes infecting it.
>>
>>34531841

18x should only be optional for prior service coming from a combat arms MOS. Period.

Op40 should be only optional if a E2, E3 or E4 have a 270 or higher coming out of OSUT.

Again, my 2 cents.
>>
>>34531895
>18x should only be optional for prior service coming from a combat arms MOS
You'd think so. Allowing everyone to apply directly seems like it would attract the kind of person you wouldn't want to do this job like young tacticool wannabe operat8rs.
>>
>>34532067

You'd think.
>>
>put in packet for ranger school
>"lol nope were going to NTC soon, we need everyone there!"
>put in another packet
>"lol nope we're going to Germany for 3 months, we need everyone there!"
>come back, put in another packet for ranger school
>"lol nope, we're going to the Baltics for 3 months, we need everyone there!"
>ETS

Thanks Army, for fucking me over. but it's nice to see 2LT Whatshisface got to go just because he wanted to.
>>
>>34531895
>Op40 should only be optional...for prior combat MOS
>>34532067
>>34532100
Well the Army knows that special forces draws a lot of fucking call of duty kids and serves as a recruiting spot for the dummies that can't make it, who then get fed wherever the hell the Army has a gap. It's kind of a brilliant move to offer those contracts because they know few are gonna make it anyways.

The ones that make it are the few that can handle it anyways, so the attrition works.
>>
>>34532067
you need to basic airborne and a prep course before selection if you are coming straight in that weeds out enough. Also selection is short as fuck. Its not like kids are going straight into the Q course
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.