[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Safe thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

With rights come responsibility.

Lets talk safes.
From the RSC that call them selves safes, althe way to tltx 30x6 monsters and safe rooms.
>>
I am not buying anymore guns untill i either buy a real safe not an rsc or build a walk in.

I would prefer the walk in.

I have a contractor coming to do a quote next week.
>>
I'm a fudd, so I like wood furniture.
>>
>>34526678
Classy.

I live in st louis. So a safe is what i need. I dont have anything pretty enougj for a cabinet like that.
>>
File: 20170712_191836.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170712_191836.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>safe
You faggot Yankees sure spell "corner of the closet" strange
>>
>>34526601
Safes just keep your guns out of your kids/visitors hands. Thieves can crack them open in 5 minutes.
>>
File: newfamily.jpg (471KB, 928x767px) Image search: [Google]
newfamily.jpg
471KB, 928x767px
>>
>>34526884
any thief?
>>
>>34526884
I am looking at tltr 15 safes.

Along with alarm , cameras, and my unfriendly dog. I live in Richmond Heights ( st louis area ) . And i think if i can keep them at bay for 15min. The cops will show up by then.
>>
>>34526920
Most, yes
>>
>>34526920
Any thief, yes.
Not any nigger or any robber.
Smash and grabs are different from someone who knows what you have and plans the heist. That is a thief cause they have the right tools.
A robber just sees something shinny and takes it. It will keep most of those people out.
>>
>>34526884
this needs to be repeated

A LOCK IS ONLY A DETERRENT AND IT ONLY DETERS HONEST MEN
>>
>>34526884
Assuming they brought power tools or a 4 foot pry bar and can tip it over and nobody notices+reports the noise.
>>
>>34526884
That's why the UL rating exists, so you know which safes are shit
>>
I'm shopping for a large safe now, not only for a place to store my funs, but also because having a UL listed 750lb+ safe will actually make my home insurance cheaper.
>>
>>34527024
You can cut them open with a side grinder and 5 minutes. 90% of these safes that they sell as guns safes anyway.
>>
>>34527223
Yeah because nobody's gonna notice some dude with a sawzall or angle grinder breaking into your home, then ignore 5 minute's worth of very loud power tool sounds while your alarm is going apeshit
>you do have a security system, right? They start at $100 a year

Safes buy time. Better safes only buy more time. Nothing is unbreachable, provided enough time.
>>
>>34527024
How can they tip it over when has 4 lag bolts into floor joists?
>>
>>34527422
>assuming they can
This is why you
1. Bolt the safe down
2. Stay in school long enough to learn basic reading comprehension
>>
>>34527422
This

You've got the video of the guys tipping the safe over in the warehouse and prying it open

I've got giant washers (circular saw blades) on the bottom of the carriage head bolts on mine
>>
File: 1246409863433.png (14KB, 546x566px) Image search: [Google]
1246409863433.png
14KB, 546x566px
>>34526759
You Snow Mexicans sure do like to make things easy for robbing.
>>
>>34526759
>muzzle down
lmao
>>
>>34526884
>home security system that will trigger from a break in
>reinforced entry points with good locks
>good solid safe that is placed in an enclosed area where leverage on the door will take a lot of work
>said safe is bolted down
>have insurance
>dont advertise to everyone in the neighborhood and on social media about what you have

The only people who would even come at that point are desperate idiots who will either get arrested or run off empty handed or Ocean's 11 tier assholes, at which point your main concern is to submit claim to insurance company.
>>
>>34529505
>tfw home built during prohibition.
>upgraded vault door when I moved in
I would love to see some one try to get inside in a reasonable amount of time.
The walls are a foot thick and the door has 2 inches of steel on the front.
>>
>>34526884
Even with power tools it's going to take a minimum of 15 minutes to defeat a free-standing safe. A shitty gun cabinet can probably be defeated in 5 minutes with a 3lb hammer and a crowbar.

If you build your safe into a wall and are only exposing the front face, you probably add another 15-45 minutes on top of thief getting in.

Again, that's with power tools.
>>
i've got a liberty lincoln. i spin the dial, it opens. i like it. i keep my rifles, my handguns, my papers, and my paper money in it. to get to my safe, some m/f would have to get by my gate, my deadbolted door, my other deadbolted door, my GSD, then one more deadbolted door (all while the alarm is screaming, he has to find his way to all this. it's a fucking maze) just to get to the safe. then he gets to say, "WTF did i come in here for, i can't open this safe".

that's assuming i'm not home. if i'm home, then it's a whole fucking other ball game.

i'm pretty cool with my security system
>>
>>34527223
It takes 15 minutes to get through even with an angle grinder. People have done plenty of tests. A "safe" takes around 15 min to defeat if free standing. A gun cabinet may take 5.
>>
>>34529820
the point being, it's so much easier, if you are going to break in, to just take a TV and run. leave my good shit alone. i can easily replace a TV
>>
>>34526964
burglar*

Robbers are the same as mugger, they take when you're physically there. Burglaries happen when you're away.
>>
but remember, the type of assholes that are going to be breaking into my house are not fort know level safe crackers. they are meth head fuck nuts that are going to grab the first shiny thing they see and run. that's what part of my home defense is built on.
>>
File: niggersdontstealbooks.jpg (85KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
niggersdontstealbooks.jpg
85KB, 736x552px
they have to find my safe first.
>>
>>34529855
my builder wanted to do that for me, but i opted to just make mine harder. but it's a good idea, just needs to be not the only level of security
>>
File: 20170713_003928.jpg (252KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_003928.jpg
252KB, 1008x756px
I just shove my guns into this crate I built for my first gun (nugget). One more gun and I'll buy a safe
>>
>>34529855
What grenades are those, smokes? Are they live? Cool idea
>>
>>34529867
i've got quite a few more than that, so that wouldn't work for me. cool idea though
>>
>>34527315

>2017
>people noticing shit

No, they really won't. Last month there was a murder in my town. Body sat out in the street for 2-3 hours IIRC before anyone said anything about it. And I don't live in Chicago/Detroit where that shit happens hourly.
>>
>>34529505

>do advertise to everyone on social media about what you have
>hide the car
>turn the lights off
>wait for nigs
>???
>exercising your right of castle doctrine
>>
>>34529877
nobody cares. if it was somebody they gave a shit about, it would be different. but just a random fuck? nobody cares
>>
File: safetyfirst.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
safetyfirst.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>34526601
what?
>>
>>34529876
Thanks. It was more of a temporary thing since I only had one gun at the time. Now I have an SKS and a Shield and can fit one more gun into it.

Problem is, when I get a real safe I don't want to chuck the crate since I made it for my nugget. I think I'll keep her in there and the rest in the safe.
>>
>>34529877
oh but the thing is, cops show up when the call is in. they might take a half hour, but those crack head assholes aren't going to hang around to see. between the alarm and my GSD doing her best to eat their ass alive, naw dude.
>>
>>34529909
>break into house
>throw dog a t-bone

Statistically, dogs are very bad at any sort of prevention. Sometimes the dogs even get stolen along with the TV and PS4 and guns.

They're great at alerting or waking up a homeowner buy that's about it.
>>
>>34529923
>shelling out for a T-bone
Dude just get a $4 Manager Special top sirloin
>>
>>34529855
Cool setup, anon.
>>
>>34529923
you just don't understand, let me spell it out for you. something like this. it's all predicated on "take the easy shiny shit first you dumb fuck"
bust throught gate to get to house
1 deadbolt break
alarm
cops alerted
they actually show up where i live
bright shiny things to divert niggers, TV, stuff like that. most likely they take all this, never go any further. if they do, then
2nd deadbolt break
Shutzhund level 3 GSD
oh fuck
eaten alive
assuming they ever get past her
3rd deadbolt
liberty lincoln safe
all while the alarm is screaming and the cops are coming.

no meth/crack ass that would break in my house is going to do this. it's fucking ridiculous. it's absurd.
>>
>>34529930
Dollar pack of hotdogs or bologna is all you need.
>>
>>34529964
>>34529930
>>34529923

maybe a lab, but seriously, you guys have no fucking clue about a real working dog. we train food refusal. i hope you never run up on one of ours. you'd be in a bad fuckin way
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.