[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skid Row Self Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1203091145.jpg (298KB, 1000x658px) Image search: [Google]
1203091145.jpg
298KB, 1000x658px
I'm going to be on Skid Row doing social work with a church for a week. Anyone got any tips on how I can keep myself safe or any legal weapons I can have on hand?
>>
A gun
>>
>>34518248
>>34519690
If not gun for whatever reason, a fixed or easily-deployed-folding blade in a good sheath, maybe one for each hand (not for using two at a time, but in case one of your hands is occupied and you need to use the other).
>>
>>34518248
Dragon dildo
>>
I walked through skid row at midnight. It's not that bad but if I could have legally brought my CCW from my home state I would have.

I would avoid knives. You don't want any blood borne pathogens from the people down there. Would try and get a less than lethal stand off weapon whatever is legal in California.
>>
File: W5ZZyUp.jpg (259KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
W5ZZyUp.jpg
259KB, 1080x1350px
Mace. You can't get a ccw here.

Ive worked at the bad part of skid row before, at night. Project confidence and the hobos will leave you alone

Post script since everyone will ask. The good part of skid row are the sections where the hobos have tents. Its a bit more upscale than the bad part, where they are too fucked up to even be able own tents, and sleep in newspapers/cardboard.
>>
>>34518248
A shitty old boombox and a bunch of Skid Row CDs
It'll help you blend in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM7IBrszcl4
>>
>>34519747

i'm guessing a folding baton would be better than a knife

knives cause bleeding wounds = bad, plus you have to get too close

just whack them with that metal stick POW
>>
>>34518248
The Lord's watching over you, you don't need a weapon.
>>
>>34521391
This
>>
>>34518248
check your local laws the ignore them.
>>
>social work
>church
>self defense

You're saying you're not willing to die for the church's causes?
>>
>"Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?"
>1 Peter 3:13

Sure, you've got a right to protect the life God gave you. But why bother getting into a fight in the first place? Why ask what weapon you need, rather than ask how you can avoid violence?

>"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
>Romans 12:18

(Oh, and: bring an old-school, D-cell Maglight).
>>
California, Los Angeles County, Los Angeles City, United States

> Former CA P/O

Don't carry batons. It's a specific felony in CA.

Don't carry any knife that is sharpened on both sides of the blade. Felony.

Do not carry any knife longer than 4" concealed on your person (ironically, you may carry a fix blade knife of any length open carried, non-concealed).

Unfortuneately, CA is the state where you have to trust other people to come to your defense, even though that goes against the sacred principal of our Constitutional Republic which says that certain rights are not endowed by government, or law, but by virtue of life.

Bunch of hippie faggots.
>>
>>34521391
Turn the other cheek anon.
>>
File: 2016-02-21-194230_1017x667_scrot.png (708KB, 1017x667px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-21-194230_1017x667_scrot.png
708KB, 1017x667px
>>34521734
>people this irresponsible and naive actually exist
>>
File: 1499770579509.jpg (127KB, 1181x709px) Image search: [Google]
1499770579509.jpg
127KB, 1181x709px
>>34521734
>>
>>34524815
>you may carry a fix blade knife of any length open carried

The solution is to carry a katzbalger
>>
File: christchan.jpg (133KB, 899x1284px) Image search: [Google]
christchan.jpg
133KB, 899x1284px
>>34524815
>>34521734
>>34521473
>>34519755

OP Here
Last minute,the higher ups cancelled me going on the trip for some reason. Idk why, will ask tomorrow about their reasoning.
Thanks none the less for the suggestions
I'm 50/50 relieved/pissed that they cancelled me going cause they wasted a plane ticket but kind of happy I'm not going to Cali.
>>
>>34521734
Unless they're degenerates.
Living in peace with degenerates is an affront to god, the shitskins have gotten at least one thing right, throwing fags from towers is the only appropriate solution for faggotry.
>>
>>34519774
>grunt style and an excess amount of tattoos

disgusting
>>
Feign a limp and get yourself a stout cane with a knob or metal ball.

Or, perhaps your faith isn't strong enough for you to perform missionary work. If you feel the need to shoot, stab, or pummel the poor sinners that you're supposed to bring to Jesus, maybe you should just fly to Vegas and get some hookers and blow.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.