[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conceal Carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: hybrid-owb-holster.jpg (41KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid-owb-holster.jpg
41KB, 540x405px
My wife has her CCL, and I will work on getting mine soon. I was going to get us matching Glock 19, but I still haven't decided what holster to get. http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-slide-owb-holster-outside-the-waistband.html is this brand any good? Also, what position do you carry your guns at? What holster do you use? Any tips?
>>
File: 1474246331959.jpg (592KB, 1500x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1474246331959.jpg
592KB, 1500x1466px
Alien Gear isn't good. The design is trash, the overall build quality is just as trash and the only thing that it has going for itself is the warranty; which every single holster maker I will list has.

These are all the high tier holster companies that have Glock 19/17 holsters for quick ship (why I love the Glock 19)
>JM Custom Kydex
Email Tony, the owner and you can expect to have a good chat with him and he will be able to work with you and give you some suggestions on what you may want.

>Vdevgru
Trying out their G17 Seraph in my G19 AIWB at the moment. VERY solid retention, holster looks nearly identical to pic, you can also call up the owner and he is very good at explaining what you need in a holster.

>Darkstar Gear

>Custom Carry Concepts

>Raven Concealment

Trust me my man, you don't want an Alien Gear. There is a lot of good threads on pistol-forum with reviews of all these holster companies and their products.

Make sure to get a good belt too.
>>
>>34517384
>alien gear is trash
What exactly is wrong with them? Have you ever actually worn one?
>>
>>34517314
Tell me how to get a wife and I'll tell you what holster to get
>>
I carry a Ruger P89DC in an Alien Gear IWB holster. It has worked well for me.
>>
Ruger American Compact
Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB

Comfortable and easy to draw from (being the wearer), easy to reholster. the Slide guard section of the holster has spring steel or something-or-other to keep it from bending and blocking reholstering.

I like it so far, probably going to replace the clips for loops though.
>>
>>34517559
Forgot to say 4 o'clock.

I also got the Cloak mod OWB one and I like it a lot but people have fucking AUTISM when it comes to Open Carry so it's kinda useless, but it was only $13 more with the deal I got.
>>
>>34517384
>Alien Gear isn't good.
Confirmed for not knowing what he's talking about.
>>
>>34517586
I really don't know why people hate AGH. Mine works and feels just fine.

Is it just people being contrarians?
>>
>>34517516
It's not easy, and I'm sure you've heard this before, but don't worry about women at all. What I mean by this is disregard them, and work on improving yourself, get fit, take some classes, learn more about whatever interests you. Do this, and women will come to you. Also, shower and take care of your skin, gotta look good bro.
>>
>recommending aliengear

Never knew that the sour grapes were only 20-50 dollars above the floor.

Hybrid holsters get disgusting real quick, can get hotter/sweaty as fuck depending on the material, wear out much quicker, and generally feel a little shittier drawing/reholstering from.
>>
>>34517697
But you got it twisted my nigga, these people defending Alien Gear ITT have virgin love. That's right. Virgin love with a 3/10 fatty and have never felt a quality holster, it's the only one they know and they swear by it so. Then an unsuspecting bastard like OP will fall for the trap, continuing the cycle.

Holy hell, a JM Custom IWB holster is miles better and can be had for $60.
>>
>>34517597
I've been carrying with a cloak tuck 3.0 iwb for 6 months now and have zero complaints. There is nothing wrong with aliengear. It's just faggots smoking dick and spouting memes without knowing what they're talking about
>>
File: bear.jpg (63KB, 530x353px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
63KB, 530x353px
>Conceal Carry
>My wife has her CCL
>I will work on getting mine soon.
>owb-holster-
>outside-the-waistband
>>
Any leather holsters you guys would recommend?
>>
>>34517597
> but anon you didn't spend enough to get quality
These faggots out here really believe that a good kydex holster needs to be expensive. Kydex is cheaper than a girl with daddy issues. Leather is cheap in the quantities that they're using. Cutting leather and molding kydex could be done in 2nd grade arts and crafts. Alien gear does what they do competently and at a good price.
>>
>>34517774
And there are faggots like you who think that labor costs don't exist. No, glock can't sell their 19's for material cost and mcdonalds isn't ripping you of by charging a dollar for 25 cents of food.

And sure aliengear makes hybrid holsters that work just fine for carry. But they don't work as well, are less comfortable in the longterm/hot environments, wear out much quicker, and offer the same warranty every other major company does. You can work 3 more wageslave hours and get a better holster, its literally just a jackson and a dose of reality away.
>>
File: 1487473291016.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1487473291016.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have a Comp-Tac Minotaur. It's The Miz of CC holsters.
>>
>>34517384
You're completely wrong.

I use alien gear 3.0 and its not only the the most comfortable holster I've ever worn, its built great and was only $50.

Ive been wearing it 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for over a year and its still great.

Ive been carrying for at least 15 years, ive used more holsters than I can count, from price ranges $20-$200, and alien gear 3.0 is definitely in the top 3 best holsters ive used.
>>
File: 20170610_130957.jpg (925KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_130957.jpg
925KB, 1920x1080px
>>34517314
One of my good friends has an alien gear holster cloak tuck what ever the fuck holsters and he really likes it. I haven't worn one or fiddled with one a lot, how ever they seem to be pretty good for the price.

I myself use a trex arms raptor holster and am quite smitten with it after adding some bitch padding to it to make it nice and comfy

>my wife has her ccl
>but not me

Do you take care of her half black son too?
>>
I have a AGH cloak tuck 2.0 and a stealthgear ventcore for my glock 19. I prefer my stealthgear due to it's superior build quality, breathability, and durability. Alien gear is cheaper in price, has a good warranty, and has stellar customer service. My suggestion is to get a stealthgear. It's worth the $100 it costs.

>OP is a limp-wristed fag
>>
>>34517314
>wife has CCL before you do

I bet she has a son before you as well .
>>
>>34518125
they don't give a holster for my model of gun :(
>>
File: holsters.jpg (439KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
holsters.jpg
439KB, 700x700px
>>34517506
>What exactly is wrong with them? Have you ever actually worn one?

every

fucking

thread

They are xbox huge, too soft, shit clips, terrible retention, garbage vacuum formed plastic that's way too thick and terribly fit.

Garbage uncle mike's tier designs, you faggots will never learn and you're all too poor and stupid to try to change.

And yes, I've owned 3, all now reside in some landfill thank god, the second I bought a real holster it was instantly apparent what a liability ayyylmaos were/are.

Old pic, most of the stuff pictured is gone now
>>
>>34517762
>>34518040
>>34518125
>>34518164
I'm not gay, nor do I have a half black step son. My wife is older than me and has had her CCL for years, I am just moving from Hawaii, and you cant get a CCL in Hawaii.
>>
>>34517314

I had one, it frayed and fell apart kinda fast. Given I wore it for 10 plus hours a day, was constantly practicing my draw.

Bought this and it was million times better. Could easily take it off and put it on with one hand too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UFEGTME/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499847939&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=glock+26+kydex+holster+iwb&psc=1
Which I got one one for a 19 too, it was Amazor.

Now got a OWB in the mail from bravo concealment, can't wait for that.
>>
>>34517314
I have an ayy holster for my revolver and I don't have a problem with it. Yes, it's a little bulky, but other than that I haven't had any of the problems other people complain about. It's comfy enough, adjustable enough, and conceals well enough despite the fact that I have a fuckhueg 4" .357.

Everyone who argues against Alien Gear are probably right that these other custom brands are many times better, but their arguments mostly go like this:

>Your $40 ayy holster is shit because it isn't as good as my $150 custom holster! Throw it out right now!

Well, no, it's not as good, but not everyone has $150 to drop on a custom holster when the AG fits their needs just fine. It's the only choice between $15 soft nylon Blackhawk holsters and fuck-expensive custom ones. (at least in the revolver market, there might be more choices for semis).
>>
>>34517314
Check out bravo concealment and squared away custom.
>>
>>34517314
The blade tech total eclipse is a really good holster that won't break the bank.

It can be work iwb or owb.
>>
>>34519971
There's a lot of manufacturers making good holsters in the 50-70 dollar range, at least for semis. Don't have to spend over 100, but an extra 20 dollars is not a lot to give up for a better product.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.