[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

c308

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: century-c308-rifle-ri2253x_v2.png (98KB, 580x139px) Image search: [Google]
century-c308-rifle-ri2253x_v2.png
98KB, 580x139px
How shitty is the Century c308?

Wasn't really in the market for a G3 clone (want a FAL more) but ol' Ben is selling these under $500... Seems like a pretty good deal.

I'm sitting on a RAS47 I'll probably never be able to get rid of, so I'm no Century fanboy... What's the general take on these c308s?
>>
>>34514270

really shitty
>>
>>34514289
/Thread
>>
>>34514270
I just bought (2) for 430 after rebate. Honestly, I've heard they are hit or miss. Some are fine some have problems. If you don't like it you can sell it in a month and make $100.

You can literally buy a .308 caliber auto loader for cheaper than a decent condition SKS right now. I recommend buying one if you have any interest in the G3 platform. See if you like it for cheap.
>>
>>34514270
>Century

DROPPED
>>
I love the g3 and my first gun was going to be a ptr this is very tempting
>>
>>34514330
i hope everyone doesn't have the same mentality seeing this shitshow of a sale.

c308s are literally garbage tier 5 MOA slam firing pieces of shit, and if anyone here buys one enjoy certain death when your trigger malfunctions while Tyrone breaks into your home.
>>
Once again, originally these were piles of shit.
However you are now essentially buying a PTR.
It comes with a PTR barrel and receiver, plus new old stock CETME parts.
You get a 1 year warranty so it can be fixed if it breaks.
If you shoot good ammo you will most likely get 2-3 MOA.
For $800 originally I wouldn't even have batted an eye and gotten a PTR, but for $450 its a deal.
>>
>>34514336
Just save up for the PTR dude, Century's quality control has a terrible track record
>>
>>34514359
Eurofag here
Who is this Tyrone ?
Is he a notorious gangster like Scarface ?
>>
>>34514554
>You get a 1 year warranty so it can be fixed if it breaks.

One year from the time it leave's Century's pakistani-tier work shed.
>>
>>34514270
link?
>>
>>34514650
Tyrone is a catchall for "upstanding negro citizen"
>>
Fuck it. I bought one. It's a good deal.
It's a fucking .308 auto-loader for under 500$
At this point it's almost half the cost of a PTR, niggers just saying save up a little more don't understand what a good deal is. Take the money you save from not buying a PTR and buy ammo
>>
>>34514878
Classic Firearms dot com
>>
>>34514933
It also gives you room to put in some sweet upgrades.
>>
>>34515047
Hahahaha this is what the century buyer believes. I love it.

Look forward to the threads about c308 kbs soon.
>>
>>34515065
This poster is mad he spent twice the price.
>>
>>34514270
>34514270
Hit or miss, but Ben's deal with the 8 extra mags is pretty good desu.
On the plus side Century will eventually run out of CETME parts and the resale value of these will climb back between $600-700.

It's also not a bad idea to pick one up in case you want to try any zany G-3 based projects in the future without potentially destroying a PTR-91. Some anon on here showed off a HK21 he converted from a PTR a few weeks back - buying a C308 is a cheaper method to acquire a PTR reciever.
There's also converting it to a HK11, or a PSG-1 or MSG-90 Clone. You could also attempt a HK51/MC51 SBR build but it would be a waste, PTR makes the PTR-91P PDW pistol which is basically a MC51 without a stock. For $1,099 it's a phenomenal deal.

But they'll never, ever be PTR-91 tier.

.308 is cheap as fuck right now, and looking like it's going to stay that way for awhile, With cheap Russian, Turkish, etc ammo and plenty of surplus flowing in, I mean it's cheaper than 7.62x54R now ffs.
If you ain't a Battle Rifle guy, or haven't really been interested with them, now's a great time to experiment, the c308 is cheap enough to let you do that - but it's not a serious, something you can depend on G3 like a PTR is
>>
>>34514359
100% they aren't serious guns, 4-5MOA is the norm when PTR GI's are doing under 2MOA with russian steel cased.

c308's are for guys who aren't battle rifle guys, a cheap entry piece to dabble in esp. now that .308 is cheap as fuck
>>
>>34514330
>You can literally buy a .308 caliber auto loader for cheaper than a decent condition SKS right now.

It's been weird post election, some things like basic bitch AR's have dropped to poverty tier pricing, you can buy stripped AKM's for $300 bucks, .308 is cheaper than 7.62x54R.
People were complaining in a thread yesterday about market choice drying up, but I've been noticing price drops on more exotic arms - Zenith/MKE MP-5 clones are dropping in price and are approaching $1,500, Steyr AUG's are the lowest they've ever been
>>
It's kinda random on what you get with Century though, sometimes 5 MOA sometimes better.
If you get one that does 5 MOA its not terrible, just a gun to have fun with, if its able to achieve 2 or so MOA then you might have something to work with.
>>
>>34515179
>Zenith/MKE MP-5 clones are dropping in price and are approaching $1,500

Where?
>>
>>34514554
PTR barrels aren't assured, from what I understand early ones didn't always have them.
Even then PTR is going to be giving Century it's reject/blem barrels.

As an owner of a PTR-91 who has shot HK-91's I can tell you PTR's are beyond g2g and a phenomenal deal.

I mean PTR is getting your money wither way, give them more of it and have pros build your shit
>>
>>34514933
The one plus about the C308 is it's taken the poverty meme off the PTR's shoulders.
>>34515220
Anywhere that sells them.
There is currently a sale on Omega MP5's and they are in the $1600's, Zenith's are cheaper then they were before the election but in the $1,700 range, with Z-5K's around $1,670.

Once pricing drops to $1,500 on a normal MP-5 variant, I'll be picking it up
>>
>>34515206
From shooting a friends c308, it shoots nearly 5moa with wolf/tula/ZQI/etc, but we've ran some higher quality Hornady match and were able to get it down to just under 2MOA.

The problem is my PTR91 does 1.5MOA to 2MOA with the shittiest of shitty .32cpr steel cased garbage.
>>
>>34515227
The old ones, but the new ones are under contract for PTR to build the barrels and receivers.
>>
>>34515293

Checked a local shop, they want $1,500 for the Z-43 and $1,685 for the Z-5RS.
>>
>>34514270
I suspect furniture and muzzle device are major factors as to why the c308's don't group so hot compared to other G3 clones, those thin US made handguards may be imparting some pressure on the barrel, and I have no doubt the muzzle brake is hot garbage and should be replaced ASAP.
Remember when Century sold a (somewhat decent actually) Vz58 clone? they had a non-original AKM style brake that totally destroyed accuracy. When owners took the shit off their groups went from Minute of Barn to like 4MOA
>>
>>34515324
When I get mine I'm going to make some ammo and test different grain bullets and such and really see how far I can stretch the accuracy.
I'm not that concerned with it shooting 5 MOA, I usually just shoot at a steel plate at 200 yards.
If I want accuracy or such for hunting I'll buy some good ammo like I do with any of my rifles.
>>
File: IMG_20161003_224052e.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161003_224052e.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34514270
Mine works great, but I actually know what I'm doing.

There are some cars that you just should not own unless you're willing to work on them, and roller delayed blowback rifles are exactly that type of rifle.
>>
>>34515329
Z-43's aren't selling as well as they could be. MKE - which makes HK33's and G41's,
should be selling us an HK53 pistol, instead the Z-43 is basically a HK33K, and they may have overproduced them for the limited demand they have when HK33 rifle or a HK53 pistol would sell more.

Z-5's used to cost quite a bit more, at and above currently listed MSRP (which is pre-election), which is around $1800.

It's dropping, and hopefully it drops further.
While I wish PTR would enter the HK33 and MP5 game so we could get sub 1K blasters, I'll take a turk for under $1500
>>
>>34515362
>refer to >>34515359
as well

Get some wide handguards, ditch the century brake, get a go-nogo gauge, and some better rollers
>>
I totally want one and at ~450 bucks after rebate, its really a no brainer.

Problem is I live in MD and the state police incorrectly listed it as a banned rifle on the site (which they even claim has no legal binding) so most shops are staying away from them.

Plus, the wife would probably kill me because I just bought an AR10 (which I got for $570 after rebate).

Now is the time to buy guns if you can afford them, boys... market has completely crashed. Wont last forever.
>>
>>34515365
Nice looking friend, I have a c308 that I stuck wood furniture I refinished and it's been a wonderful 2moa rifle.
>>
>>34515438
I have a PTR91 and Vector V53, I need a Turk MP5 so bad.
>>
>>34515065
I bought a C308 along with original G3 parts to replace every non-PTR part on the gun for like 2/3 the price of a PTR haha

Stay mad PTRcucks
>>
>>34515572
THIS

Literally what I am in the process of doing
>>
>>34515126
Ben's deal? My googlefu didn't turn up anything and I couldn't find it on slickguns.
>>
>>34515762
Just go to classicfirearms and on the main page its right there.
>>
>>34514330
Parts kits on Apex are $124 right now, CETME flats are ~$100.

If you're even halfway mechanically inclined, you can build a much, much better CETME for about the same money.
>>
>>34515572
Cool.
We have higher quality control, paddle mag releases and drum sights. Mine came with a clipped and pinned metal lower as well and runs circles around every c308 my friends own.

Just do yourself a favor and chuck the Century muzzle brake and swap out the handguards
>>
>>34515938
>implying tools are free
>implying the space to store tools is free
>implying the build kits have a welded top rail
>implying everybody wants to fuck around with a parts kit for hours
the city of you
>>
>>34515990
>chuck the Century muzzle
That muzzle break works pretty well to be honest.
>>
>>34516009
That's what snagging tools from the local urban hipster cuck "maker space" tool library is for...

It's just about the only good thing about living in Baltimore.

Part of me wants to do the welding, etc there on open shop day, just to trigger the art students and SJW types...

Anyways, I'm planning on building a pair of Cetme's side-by-side. One will be a straight, wood-furniture Cetme clone, as close to an OG Model C as possible, because nothing gets my dick harder than the idea of owning a gun, designed by Nazis in post-war hiding who probably still wished they were building them for Hitler, and built for the one fascist regime that that was left for them to build it for. The other will be a straight, black+poly G3 clone, possibly built as a G3SG1 clone, for those god-tier 1970's/80's Cold War a e s t h e t i c s.
>>
>>34514270
I bought one a year ago, bolt cracked and split after 25 rounds. Sent it back.

4 weeks later, got a slam fire on the next range trip. Sent it back.

4 weeks later, I pawned the dumpster fire off on someone else and bought a FAL.

My advice: Buy the FAL or PTR, century arms has a reputation for a reason. At least they stood by their hot mess and didn't charge me a dime.
>>
>>34516031

I don't doubt it, but that and the weird sights just ruin the G3 A E S T H E T I C for me
>>
>>34516291
You and I would get along well. I'm very partial to OD green for my cold war edition though, just ordered a set of surplus G3 furniture in that sexy shade...
>>
>>34514330
>>34515938
>>34516009
I have most of the tools required, a friend has a welding setup, and there is a local makerspace to cover the rest. Sounds like kit is the way to go.

>>34514359
I'd never have a Century product on Life&Liberty duty. This is just something for the collection.

>>34514554
CETME versions have the "push safety upwards to enable fire" right? REEEEE/10
>>
>>34515329
>>34515293
Those seem like meme prices to me... is there really anything about the MP5 that makes it that expensive to manufacture? They've only been around and popular (among LEO) for 30something years, you would think the market would be flooded with parts kits and semi-autos under $1k. Especially when it seems like all law enforcement has moved onto the AR15 for patrol cars and a good portion of SWAT. Don't even know if SWAT still prefers MP5 in the subgun role, or something newer?
>>
>>34515499
>AR10 (which I got for $570 after rebate)
Damn, this is the time to buy...
>>
File: 20170327_185323.jpg (1MB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_185323.jpg
1MB, 1050x1400px
>>34515359

The vz-2008s were contracted through paladin arms. Not built by century.

I picked up two of those vz58's for $400 with 8 mags, bayo, sling and cleaning kit. The brake was the worst possible type you could put on there. Bought two knurled comps from cnc warrior and a stock set from eBay. Pics were taken before I put the comps on.

If anybody is considering the c308 just understand that every time you shoot it you will know it's a century rifle and has had century built rifle tier reviews. Not good. Every box of ammo you put down range will shoot a little worse than if you had just bought a PTR.

My PTR is fantastic. People complain about the trigger but from my experience it smoothed out after a bit. The furniture is cheap. Mags are cheap. Probably the most reliable gun I have ever had. It's also more accurate than you would expect.
>>
>>34517446
>you will know it's a century rifle
Sounds like marrying a fat chick :'(
>>
Most of them are fine. Some are pretty bad. They do have a break in - according to the manual no one ever reads, you should clean and oil them every few magazines for the first 200 rounds or so.

They can slam fire, so don't charge the handle indoors.

It's the Taurus of .308s.

Mine is fine. The sights are ever so slightly canted, but I don't regret the $650 I spent on it.

Also looks great with wood furniture.
>>
File: DSCN0893.jpg (3MB, 4248x3224px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0893.jpg
3MB, 4248x3224px
>>34514270
mine's OK, it'll hit wherever I put the dot.
only problem was that the retard that assembled mine put what looks like a small piece of aluminum wire to retain the end nut thing that goes on the spring assembly, so it jammed after 70 rounds and I had to order a proper retaining pin for it.
>>
>>34514270
How do you like the ras? I have one and like it a lot
>>
>>34517218
I like the cut of your job, friendo...
>>
File: Jesus Christ how horrifying.png (95KB, 262x168px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ how horrifying.png
95KB, 262x168px
I ALMOST bought a C308. I was fondling one in Cabelas one afternoon on election eve. Decided my money was spent better elsewhere. I'm glad I avoided it.

WIth my tax return I picked up a proper PTR-91 and I love the ever loving fuck out of it. Most fun rifle I own. Has no purpose to me other than pure fun. Any role it may fit is fit by other stuff in my collection. But I would not trade it for the world.
>>
>>34519161
Fit and finish are nice enough. I don't think I've put more than about 1,000 rounds through it, and I haven't beat on it at all. AK4774OU videos show they fucked up their heat treatment though, so I can't say it is safe to shoot until I get a no-go gauge and verify the headspace every few hundred rounds.

I bought it lightly used for $500 2 years ago, which was a good deal at the time.
>>
Well classic is now sold out, and so are most other places unless you plan on buying full price at Cabelas or something.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.