[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Save this company in 3 steps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3332.jpg (56KB, 736x491px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3332.jpg
56KB, 736x491px
Save this company in 3 steps
>>
>>34514223

>Stop overcharging for fucking everything
>listen to the consumers and produce what they ask for at a fairly reasonable price
>get quality under control
>>
>>34514223
>Replace them with Taurus.
>Make guns less expensive.
>Stop pretending to be an American company.
>>
>>34514223
>Start producing domestic mauser action hunting rifles.
>Fudds love control round feed and colt name
>??????
>>
>>34514223
>Not charge $1000 for bare bones AR's and 1911's

>Ramp up revolver production, including SAA's and such

>Striker fired polymer pistol
>>
>>34514223
Make more LE6920's.

Keep up the excellent QC and Magnetic Particle inspection on every single BCG (instead of testing one from every batch like most manufacturers)

Stop skimping on cheaper stocks and sights for the sake of profit margin on your AR-15's. Keep those at least mid-range quality or better. The rifle is awesome, don't fuck up the feel to save $5 on some substandard component.
>>
Do whatever the hell Savage did to resurrect themselves
>>
>>34514223
>throw the jew down the well

Saved it in one step.
>>
>>34514299
Honestly I think I would have loved the All American if the trigger wasn't so mind-numbingly awful. Say what you want but I get a kick out of using guns that aren't Glock or AR clones action-wise.
>>
>>34514327
I'm not a Glock fanboy and I have a deep sexual lust for both AR's and AK's, it's just that polymer striker fired pistols are the new hot ass thing next to AR's and Colt already has the AR game mostly locked down except for price. They should just go back to the drawing board.
>>
>>34514246
This. Also, bring back a classic line of AR-15s for competitive prices. I'm talking SP-1's, GAU-5's, etc, not the overpriced bullshit they have now. If they make prices similar to Troy's, people will buy them for the pony rollmark alone.
>>
>Make the M16A1 and CAR-15 repros more available, not just limited runs of 1500
>Start making high quality revolvers again. Models like the Python, Detective Special, etc
>Sell Colt marked stripped lowers. Bitches love them rollmarks
>>
>>34514223
>Go bankrupt again
>Let someone more competent buy the brand afterwards.
>Move out of Connecticut
>>
>>34514371
>Move out of Conneticut

Not sure if this would help them, but should be done anyway
>>
>Start selling lowers you absolute fucking twats, people will pay $150-200 for muh Pony, how the fuck aren't you doing this
>Stop living 20 years in the past, sell more ARs and 1911s, tacticool the fuck out of them because it sells
>Rehire Chris Bartocci because he actually knows his shit and he says your QC is slipping and you're cheaping out on 3rd party parts where you shouldn't
>For the love of god if you're going to make revolvers bring back the Python, not a fucking $700 .38. I guarantee you The Walking Dead alone will sell you several thousand Pythons
>>
>>34514307
It's amazing when you bring in a outside revitalization unit
>>
>>34514223
make a real 1911 spec 1911 from the original design not today,s bullshit
>>
>>34514362
>>34514365
This. Those limited production runs are the worst idea I can imagine and they're at an insane price point. Pick 3 classic models to bring back and make them in small batches consistently for the foreseeable future while charging no more than $1500. Troy is making a fantastic XM177 clone or whatever it is for $1200 and they aren't the guys who made the damn things for the entire military for 4 decades. The fact they can do it for less than half Colt's price proves that Colt's Jew lies are completely bullshit about the cost of producing them.
>>
relevant: http://imgur.com/a/1MCJJ
>>
File: coltcanadamrr.jpg (37KB, 897x520px) Image search: [Google]
coltcanadamrr.jpg
37KB, 897x520px
Does anyone else think it is pathetic that Colt Canada/Diemaco is doing a better job than Colt?
>>
File: 1961python.jpg (2MB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1961python.jpg
2MB, 2400x1800px
>>34514223
>completely gut upper management to hopefully get rid of all the financial grift from the past 3 decades
>focus on civilian market especially with high quality legacy products (AR, 1911, Revolvers) for reasonable prices
>get colt canada to R&D a SCAR type rifle, a modern handgun, perhaps a new revolver
>>
>>34514223
Go back to your roots. Most normies still hear "colt" and think of revolvers and the Old West. Right now, cowboy action shooting is surging in popularity, and it's been dominated by companies like Uberti. Put two and fucking two together: Cowboy action shooting is popular, you're the company that fucking invented the original gun for it and whose brand is most associated with it, but you're not making new production weapons for it. Make more modern SAAs, both really expensive, really good quality ones, etched and everything, and cheap ones for intro shooters.

Also, bring the fucking Python back. You can keep those expensive.

Basically, play off the nostalgia factor really fucking hard, while still offering some lines of products that are accessible to poorfags and newbies.
>>
File: 1392099592554.jpg (54KB, 397x355px) Image search: [Google]
1392099592554.jpg
54KB, 397x355px
>>34514455
It's more of a shame that Colt is dragging Colt Canada/Diemaco down with them.

It's like when Remington/Freedom Group bought AAC. Since AAC was the only part that was in the black, the upper management tried fervently to get them to cut corners to maximize profit in order to carry the holding company.
>>
I'm not sure I want to encourage Colt to go back into the revolver business. Last time they tried they produced an inferior product to the folks who were making very good clones of old Colt SAA revolvers and it came across as shortshightedly pimping out the Colt name.

That said, they did well with the Python, Anaconda, etc., but they fucked that up by not being consistent on production.

If Colt is going to produce one of their heirloom revolvers again, they need to be historically accurate (on the SAA) or not get too far afield when doing a "nextgen" Python-type. They also need to have stellar QC and warranty service. Basically show the world what can be done with quality attention to detail on a fine revolver.
>>
Reproduce legacy products at a better price and availability.

Actually fully produce and market your NEW INNOVATIONS (Do the opposite of what COLT did with the 901 series. Actually produce them in different colors and make the 5.56 uppers more available than near-unobtainium).

Hang the upper management.
>>
Bomb FN
>>
>>34514385
>Chris Bartocci
the company would go bankrupt by the time he got to his point.

Honestly the company is making too many versions of their products, Look at how many damn ar15's and 1911's they hock out. Scale back on that shit and start making the snake series again. They would make a killing by replacing S&W as the premiere overpriced revolver maker. They are also passing up a gigantic portion of the CC market by not explanding on the Mustang series. People actually like those and they could make it better than the Sig offerings with some QC and a 9mm version.
>>
Liquidate.

Have a Coke.

Pee, I guess.
>>
>>34514223

step 1. MIDLENGTH GAS!!!!!!! STOP PEDDLING YOUR EXPENSIVE CARBINE BS. also NOBODY OWNS A GRENADE LAUNCHER. And why the crappy furniture on a $999 AR?

step 2. Colt Python.

step 3. Don't listen to the people telling you to sell stripped lowers. People will use them with shitty radical firearms uppers and it will destroy your brand.
>>
>>34514223
History and status of Colt from Forgotten Weapons.
pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk_TxE1d9HY
>>
>make more 6970 rifles
>have more uppers for sale
>sell lowers
>stop letting Troy eat the clone lunch, Colt should have been making retros a decade ago
>have some standard production clones
>special edition clones of specific guns (Haley rooftop dmr, A1 receiver M4s, DOE 9mm, firing port weapons, LMG, ect)
> COLT WOODSMAN, FUCKING HELL
>Greater spread of SAA including a basic model
>>
>>34514299
>>Not charge $1000 for bare bones AR's and 1911's
Why are people on /k/ so ignorant.

>bare bones blued 1991
These sell for around $700

>bare bones AR without chrome lined bore
These sell for around $600
>>
>have at least one regular production 1911 matching the 1918 configuration, or the original 1911A1 configuration, with correct rollmarks, bluing, fire bluing of small parts and oiled wood grips
None of this SERIES 70/MARK IV billboard rollmark bullshit.

>invest more in skilled gunsmiths, instead of cheaper labor or contracting out production to US Armament
Some Colt factory guns can really vary in quality and reliability, while others are great. In the old days, every single Colt was finished to exacting standards and there were no lemons. Also, the US Armament new production 1903 Pocket Hammerless pistols look like ass and are an embarrassment to the Colt logo.

>bring back one or two of the original JMB deigned semi-autos that would sell well in today's market and have a basic production model, plus maybe a custom shop nicer version
There is plenty of market demand for the Woodsman. The entire .22lr handgun market today was CREATED BY the Woodsman. It's an embarrassment that Colt's lunch is being eaten my FN/Browning and Ruger.
There is also pretty good market conditions to bring back the 1908 .25 ACP Vest Pocket, IF they build the guns right and don't contract out production to US Armament. The Colt Mustang is a lost cause. They can't seem to figure out how to produce them so they're reliable, and Sig already does the job of producing them better. This is a case where going back to the basics would do the company wonders.

>resume production on double action revolvers so as to compete with Smith & Wesson (people are annoyed with the Hillary hole) and Ruger (general rough finishing, low tier revolvers)
They seem to have started to do this, but a six shot snub nose .38 not enough.
>>
>>34515023
>>bare bones blued 1991
Still too expensive, Series 80 a shit.
>>
>>34514223

>quit being retarded
>quit overcharging

You don't need 3 steps. That's it. They could save their company if they were actually Colt and not Coltberg
>>
>>34514659
I chuckled
>>
>>34515177
It actually isn't but I guess you're not going to quit being retarded huh?
>>
>>34515107
the biggest problem with the snub is the fact that they think it's worth double the cost of their competition's common models. People don't buy $800 revolvers for a simple CC option when you can grab an arguably more refined LCR in four different chamberings for half that. They could also actually produce a good Mustang now that the Sig QC is going down but the price is so much higher.
>>
>>34515341

The problem isn't the price. People will pay that price for a Colt....once. What people won't do is pay that price *more than once* for the kind of guns that Colt is producing today. I'm saying that your average rosy-eyed boomer will save up his wages to pay the price just so he can have a new Colt snake revolver, but once he has it in his hand and realizes that the finishing job is nowhere NEAR to the degree that the original snake revolvers were finished, he's not likely to do it again, which is where the problem lies. Colt can either reduce the price the price or improve how they finish the guns.

Also, the reason I brought up the Mustang is because I recently bought a lightly used Pocketlite (purchased new in 2015 according to the previous owner), and it jammed. Not a constantly, but I've owned three Sig P238's over the years and not a single one of them jammed.
>>
>>34515177
>Series 80 a shit.
The only people who parrot this are noguns and fewguns/noColts. You probably own a Springfield or Remington 1911.
>>
>>34514301
LE6920 YESSSSS
>>
File: IMG_4859.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4859.png
1MB, 1920x816px
Revolver rifles
>>
>>34514223
fuck colt.
>>
>Be Colt
>Not have a retro line of M16s and XM177s
>Not have a retro line of 1911s with the original and the A1
>Not having SAA armies and Burgess rifles made like the originals
>Not building firearms to the quality that people expect from Colt
>Not having a retro line of Colt revolvers that aren't the SAA
>Not bringing back the woodsman
>Colt products not being made at Colt
>Not having a retro military firearms line
>>
Make enough ar14a4's that people can actually buy them.
>>
>>34514223
1. Stumble across 100 million in venture capital
2. Own the AR-15 market in the $1200-1600 replica (XM177-M16A4), the $600 "OEM" bare gun, and the $1000 basic bitch light weight middy with slim FF tube.
3. Build gunsmithing talent until I can make a healthy profit while restoring my reputation as the premium 1911 maker in the market space ranging from $700 GI replicas to $1,800 semicustom guns, and then move back into the snake series.
>>
>>34514223
Three words.

The snake revolvers.
>>
Python ain't coming back and if it did it would be a custom only and everyone would complain about the cost

They need to focus on moving somewhere so they don't get fucked by unions and antigunners.
>>
>>34514223
Pull a "BCM" move and sell ar15 components in various stages of assembly (i.e stripped uppers/lowers, complete lowers etc)

The most important bit is pulling the colt pony on everything and upcharge. Then laugh at the faggots that pay a premium to satisfy their colt pony logo fetish

Also bring back the classic models at a reasonable price
>>
>Fire upper management
>Divide between Ruger and Barret
>Listen to the demands of buyers ie Retro ARs, proper 1911s full CNC snake guns and start the old import work again.

Or

Give the resources to Kel-Tec
>>
>>34517073
>giving resources to kel-tec
GEORGE IS MADMAN AND KEL TEC IS HIS LABRATORY DONT GIVE HIM MORE
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.