[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 36

File: navy-seal-bud-s-920-5.jpg (282KB, 919x1288px) Image search: [Google]
navy-seal-bud-s-920-5.jpg
282KB, 919x1288px
>Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke???
No.
http://i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
Copied from another anon the last thread

>Can the U.S. Military access files that are protected under HIPPA?

Government CAN access those records, but probably won't depending on the level of security clearance you're requesting and what job you're going for. A regular secret clearance ain't shit and they almost certainly won't pull your medical records. If you plan on going SF or some Intel job then they might. For those jobs they pull your credit too, and if you have anything in collections (like an ambulance ride or medical bills) an investigator would be more likely to pull those just to find out why you were there and they would find out about your illicit substance use.

The good news is most hospitals destroy their records after a certain period of time. Join the military and work some lesser job until that time passes, then call the hospital and confirm they destroyed your records then apply for the position that requires a TS clearance. This will probably be a decade, but your older self will thank you for not being a dumb as now and outing yourself for lying on a government document and having them find out about your drug use and precluding yourself from any future employment.

To reiterate, a job that does not require a clearance, or a job which requires a simple secret clearance, will probably not uncover your medical records. They will probably find out about credit situation, though. They pulled my credit for my secret clearance, and I had medical bills and for a drug overdose nonetheless, but they never pulled my medical records. This was in 2007, though, when the government merely needed bodies and a LOT of people were joining so investigators probably half-assed their job.
>>
If you retire with a reservist pension can you still double dip and get a federal pension on top of that?
>>
>>34513666

You actually can, and it's a fairly sweet deal. If you're a federal employee + reservist you also get a bunch of extra paid leave every year - you basically get double-paid during your annual training. The downside is that you can't use the Tricare you get from the reserves while you're a federal employee (you have to buy the federal plan).

Remember that you can't draw a reserve pension until you're old, it's not like the AD pension where you can get it in your 30s/40s if you joined early.
>>
>>34513708
What I had been told, thanks

If I end up doing some active time; 5, 6, 7 years etc. but switch over to the reserves at some point before retirement will those years count toward a reserve pension without fucking with the ability to double dip?

Thanks
>>
How desperate is the Air Force for Security Forces?

That is my fallback for if I don't make the coast guard
>>
>>34513919
2 bad decisions.
>>
Prior service muhreen and thinking of going back in. I got out as E5 last May as an 08xx
I have not talked to the PSR and I don't really want to until I have more outside info on the process.

I saw DI's are getting decent bonuses currently and wanted thoughts from /k/
>>
>>34513938
I know the Air force is is dumb, but what's wrong with Coasties
>>
>>34514141
Its not just the AF being dumb its that SF in the AF is even worse. Also I was Navy so maybe I'm biased but I cant begin to imagine why youd ever join the CG over the Navy.
>>
>>34513851

You can count them towards reserve pension *and* count them towards federal pension if you buy them back.
>>
>>34513457
sup /meg/ just got my enlistment packet in and passed tape, its been a long time coming.

I've lost a hundred pounds and changed my lifestyle completely to join the armed forces and cant wait to actually get in.

Never really posted in the /meg/ but I just figured i'd pop in to let you all know that i'm putting in some work.
>>
>>34514170
Fucking nice man, good luck
>>
How does one go about studying for the DLAB?
>>
>>34513457
any info on 35L? thats my top choice at the moment ( along with 35M but we'll see how I do on the DLAB )
>>
>>34514190
Im preparing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om4A8Y29ovs

http://www.languagesurfer.com/2013/03/05/ways-to-study-for-the-dlab/

I borrowed a grammar essentials for dummies book from the library just to brush up as well.
>>
>>34513457
Took the asvab a week ago and did fairly well, 87 afqt , 120+ line scores

If you dont have much time to study definitely bone up in math and vocabulary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0brxMViHuk&t=2s [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHEJWe_0kI&t=14643s [Embed]

these are pretty good, the majority is not on the test but its good to get used to the subject matter (formulas, Orders of operations, variables, fractions etc. )

some anon posted a thread ( Thanks man ) with this practice website that had me learn a few new problems that were on the test to my relief.

http://asvabpracticetestonline.com/

If you have more time to prepare , delve into the other subjects more deeply. In my opinion the ASVAB for dummies book ( though I didnt use that book specifically ) is worth the money seeing as it will aid a score that will determine what you are going to do for the next 4+ years of your life.

goodluck fellas
>>
>>34514197

35L isn't an entry level job.
>>
>>34514160
So that means you can use them for one or the other ONLY, right?
>>
>>34514197
>>34514251
this
>>
>>34514265

No.

https://www.fedsmith.com/2013/04/14/retired-reservists-can-legally-double-dip/
>>
>>34514251
>>34514279

Thanks. my mistake must be at least e-4 it seems
>>
>>34514281
I was talking about using active years, sorry if I'm confused somewhere.

So you can use the same active years toward reservist retirement and federal retirement?
>>
>>34514210
Thanks m8, good luck to you
>>
What should I do while waiting to leave. I have 2 months
>>
>>34514582
Gain 30 pounds, try cocaine and get a girl pregnant
>>
>>34514224
Thanks man, i'm fixing to take the ASVAB, i'll use this.
>>
File: 1499226870379.jpg (94KB, 933x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499226870379.jpg
94KB, 933x1024px
Anyone here been through Airforce OTS? How is it?

Also how difficult is the written test you need to take. I am fresh out of college and I have been researching it
>>
>>34514141
don't do SF in AF, just go 11b if you want to run around and shoot shit. coast guard from what i have heard is a shit load of mowing the lawn/painting rocks (for >2 years sometime i think?) waiting for a chance at a rate/school. i couldn't handle that kind of uselessness, i know that.
>>
>>34514331

If you buy them back, yes.
>>
If I've previously been on medication for anxiety and depression, but off for 7+ months am I likely to be denied entry?
>>
>>34515058
someone that medically retired from AF then became federal was explaining this system to me once, and i still don't really understand why/how
>>
>>34515026
Interested in Law Enforcement afterwards, which is why I figured security would be better than infantry
I was under the impression you could pick your job in the coast guard before going anywhere, like all the other branches, is that wrong?
>>
>>34513708

Note that reserve retirees (RESRET) don't draw pension until 60, and they've got to fill out the paperwork to get said pension on time as well. They also aren't eligible for retired Tricare until 60 either, but can buy Tricare Retired Reserve until then. It's fucking expensive though, while retired Tricare is free for Standard and a fairly decent price for Prime, if you live in a Prime area.

>red card becomes blue card
>>
>>34515067
Yes
>>
Is 40 days enough to get in shape for army basic training?
>>
>>34515134
Nothing I can really do about that then?
>>
>>34515094
thats what i thought too about the CG, but it was explained to me differently by a couple ~e4's i ran into at an event. i could be way off, maybe someone can verify. my cousin is currently in SF and hates his life, he always wanted to be a cop (civ) but couldn't get in. In my opinion, SF will likely not give you any upper hand over a prior grunt for going LE after you ETS

t. cocky grunt
>>
>>34515081

In the military, you just accrue pension for showing up. In the federal system, you buy that shit by putting a percentage of your pay into the system.

If you show up to federal service with years of military service under your belt, they will let you use those years as federal pension years...but only IF you go back and pay into the federal system as if you had been in it previously.

It's fairly cheap for the value, and they let you make payments if you can't pay it all at once.
>>
>>34515067
i was diagnosed with depression before i enlisted. had to see a shrink a few time because my parents thought i was crazy. was prescribed wellbutrin, then really wanted to blow my brains out. signed up for grunt life, and i've never been depressed since and they never questioned anything associated with my med records prior/during enlistment.
>>
>>34515142
Lie or try to get a waiver.
>>
>>34515171
what the fuck are you talking about how would ((they)) even know what your medical history is unless a clearance was involved? has something changed since the mid-2000's?
>>
People always say to join the Air Force or the Navy and to avoid the Army and the Marines, but what makes the Army and the Marine Corps so much "worse"?
>>
>>34515171
Which would be the smarter route if I'm attempting 18x
>>
>>34515149
i feel like an idiot now, i have thought all this time that my 6 years AD would actually subtract 6 years off my time needed to retire from fed civ. when anon at my other job explained this, i figured it was some reserve BS.
>>
>>34515212
i would just lie
>>
>>34515215

You can earn a pension as a federal civilian with only 5 years of service, it's just a tiny pension and you can't get it until retirement age.

That's how "normal" (IE, everywhere but the military) pensions work.
>>
so i'm looking to go to medical school and i've received e-mails from the Army about this
1) is this ever a good option regardless of branch?
2) i know the navy does something similar, if anyone has experience with either that they want to share, it would be appreciated
3) can people switch branches? like if i went with the army and did their medical school thing, would i later to be allowed to join the navy if i wanted to?
>>
>>34515201
the army and marines see real action more than the other two
>>
>>34515201
Wrong, avoid the AF and marines. Navy and army are the correct choice.
>>
>>34515201
depends what you're trying to do, your post almost sounds like bait.
>>
>>34514156
Some people want to be garunteed they stay stateside.

Also, being able to go out to sea without being stuck on SS Sausagefest for months is nice.
>>
>>34515094
i just remembered another shitty thing against CG, now that they are under DHS they are treated much more like border patrol/CBP (i.e. shit)
>>
>>34515300
>think Navy is 10/10 best branch
>entire family is Army/Navy
>father was a sailor
>was a complete piece of shit to my mother, absent most of my life
>want to join the Corps to be the first in the family to break the mold

It sucks because I love the heritage and respectabilty of the Navy but the last thing I want to do is turn out like my father.
>>
File: 1493758671233.jpg (120KB, 250x311px) Image search: [Google]
1493758671233.jpg
120KB, 250x311px
>>34515372
>Some people want to be garunteed they stay stateside
So why not join another branch at that point? If youre gonna be on the ocean be on it all the way or not at all.

> being able to go out to sea without being stuck on SS Sausagefest for months is nice
Not really sure what youre implying.
If youre implying navy ships are all male youre wrong.
Second if youre implying that's a good thing youre even wronger. All male is about 1 million times better and if you ever were in the military youd know that. My first ship was all male and my 2nd was integrated and the difference is night and day worse with women around.

>>34515397
Who says you have to stay in? Do 4 years and get out dude. The family life and military life do not mix. Everyone cheats and/or gets divorced. Women and men alike.
>>
>>34515363
100% genuine, I assure you. I would tell people I wanted to be a Marine (first in my family) and I was constantly told "You're too smart for that, join the Navy or the Air Force."
>>
>>34515140
no
>>
>>34515149
I seriously had no idea what "buy back" meant, so thank you
>>
>>34515414
so join the marines then, everyone knows that navy is the gayest of all, if one were to actually assign real categorical levels of homosexuality to each branch or service.
>>
>>34513919
>How desperate is the Air Force for Security Forces?
pretty desperate, choose what you want
>>
>>34515442
I leave for basic in 40 days anyways, oh well.
>>
>>34515462
Thanks for the response man. I appreciate your honesty. The Corps it is.
>>
>>34515462
>>34515480
100% wrong, both of you. The navy is the funnest of all and the AF is easily the gayest. Most women and gays join the AF.
Also you should never join the marines. Anything you want in the USMC the army has a better version of.
>>
>>34515201
>>34515414
People say to avoid the USMC because it's a ton of extra suck for no reason but the flaunt the title, and even the title has become somewhat meaningless because the Marines are filled with POGs, so unless you can attached Recon or Raider to the title nobody will care. Also women don't know the difference between a Marine and a soldier so it barely even helps with getting laid.
>>
>>34515500

"I'm a Marine" as a title for military is like "I'm Geek Squad" as a title for IT. It will impress people who have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but anyone who has any comprehension of what you actually are will think you're a joke.
>>
>>34515490
>anything the marines have is better in army
not true. i was army during GWOT, in a relatively high speed line unit (oxymoron) due to my leadership (PL, up to BC, some good CC's mixed in) being a bunch of cucks i personally witnessed a marine battallion come into kandahar and literally take our planned ~6 months down in poppyville right out from under us. USMC may be super dummyhead sometimes, but they have the real leaders. everything else about the marines sucks and the army does probably do smarter/better but if you want the most rewarding/respectful mission no matter what grunt unit you're in, you better check out the marines.
>>
>>34515553
I get that but my POV is more career wise. If you want to be a billy badass you better go be a ranger otherwise why even go?
>>
>>34515573
"going ranger" isn't quite as straight forward as "going to the recruiter"
>>
>>34515528
"Once a Marine, Always a Marine" - license plate frame of a 300 pound bald guy with a handicap card hanging from the rear view

Pretty common site in Florida anyway. Someone the USMC surpassed the USAF in cringe, even with the Air Force's shitty sci fi marketing campaign
>>
>>34515586
I'm not saying it is. But if youre reason for saying the marines are better than the army is cause you want to be squared away and actually do real shit, then why not take it one step further and go ranger? I know its not easy obviously but its better in every way possible.
>>
i just wish i would have passed up on the grunt meme and actually joined whatever the fuck branch/job that could get me more aligned with technical work upon ETS. i didn't give a fuck about my future when i was 18, and thought i would just be a cop or a lifer. i wanted to kick in some doors and play with some guns. now i want to work on generators, pumps, or airplanes and have zero experience to get me near any of those things.
>>
>>34515610
Whats stopping you from using the gi bill dude?
>>
>TFW fell for the national guard meme

My worst mistake.

39 drill weekends to go.
>>
>>34515621
i did use most of it, and have found badass jobs right out of school. but they're somewhat temporary, and i need to relocate back home where there are no jobs in my current field.
>>
>>34515643
ok well no offense that's your fault not the military's fault dude.
>>
>>34515600
you can't compare a ranger plt to a regular marine rifle plt. one is regular and ones not, apples and oranges. i was comparing how it is seen through the eyes of a regular army grunt to a regular marine grunt. i totally agree that anyone in the army that is a badass should by all means make every effort to attend ranger school, and ranger batt would be a hella more exciting time than anything you'll get out of either a regular army or marine unit.
>>
>>34515649
i didn't say it was, did i? i was literally complaining about my own life choices and how i was an idiot for not choosing something else. dude.
>>
>>34515673
>regular army grunt to a regular marine grunt.
Right, you were. I wasn't. My original statement was anything you can get in the marines the army has a better version of. Career wise for all the reasons mentioned by you and me, its better to be army infantry. It opens far more doors for you.

>>34515678
Oh well then I rate your blog 5/5 friend
>>
Most aircrew jobs in the AF require a secret security clearance which I'm assuming involves ((them)) delving into your medical records. Since I have a history of depression (haven't taken meds in a year+) should I just choose an entirely different field so I don't fuck myself?
>>
>>34515724
>secret security clearance which I'm assuming involves ((them)) delving into your medical records.
100% wrong. You don't understand how medical records work. There is no giant database. If you don't tell them they wont know.
>>
>>34515724
>be me, 2004
>joining Army for helicopter mechanic, requires secret clearance
>history of depression, Aspergers, etc, but never took drugs
>get clearance no problem
You'll be fine.
>>
>>34515744
are you still in?
>>
>>34515756
Nope. Messed up my back a little, getting my 60% disability check, going to try and increase in a couple weeks.
>>
>>34515740
>>34515744
This gives me a slightly healthier peace of mind. Hoping to be an aerial gunner. God I hope my MEPS meeting doesn't fuck me over.
>>
Man, why is my recruitment office such shit?

Their phone number literally doesn't work. Like you got through the robot shit and then it hangs up.

I go in today for a check up on my application, because like I said, I can't even phone to see, and I talk to, apparently the one fucking competent person in the building.
Every other person I talked to was like "Hmm... Selection board meets in the future... But I can't you when...."
This dude is like "Yep, you're good to go. Board meets on this exact date. You'll hear from them after that if you make it. Oh the phone system is fucked. Here's my number"

Such a god damned disparity between the competency of the people I've had to work with so far.
>>
>>34515772
how dumb is your average car salesman? now add military into the mix, and you have an exponentially more dumb salesman.
>>
>>34513457
How much time do I have to spend in service before I can try out for non entry level positions such as SF, PsyOps, Civil Affairs, CID, or CounterIntel? And will the MOS I'm entering with affect my chances at any of them (11B).
>>
>>34515765
did you find civvy work in aviation?
>>
>>34515769
Biggest thing is stick to your story 100%. Admitting you liead later on will fuck you.

>>34515795
SF is entry level nigger do some research on your own. Also they offer some spots to studs going through OSUT.
>>
>>34515140
Leaving in 40 as well, what's your MOS?
>>
>>34515477
what can you do right now? can you atleast 1 mile?
>>
>>34515795
don't get ahead of yourself. its highly likely that you'll show up to your unit, find a qt to marry/knock up and then you'll just be comfy and training hard with your unit, and you will never quite get around to signing up for anything more better. why don't you see if you can sign up 18x?
>>
>>34515796
Nope. Military background isn't as helpful as (((they))) say. But it's not completely useless, I was an avionics mechanic, been in electronics most of my civilian adult life.
>>
>>34515809
35N
>>34515819
Yes, I can do 1 mile in 8 minutes. I feel like a weak sack of shit.
>>
Is monkey bars a good exercise
>>
>>34515857
height/weight?
>>
>>34515807
I just know a guy who didn't pass SFAS (he was a complete shithead tho) and they were going to put him in as a truck driver for the 6 year contract. (according to him).
>>
>>34515869
not really
do pullups
>>
>>34515871
5'9" 150 lbs
>>
>>34515869
Good for delts and grip strength, but not much else.
Compound lifts are where you're at.
Also, lots of cardio
>>
>>34515830
It seemed better to sign up for a guaranteed fallback job then go 18x for a 6 year contract and potentially fuck up and get stuck needs of the army for those 6 years.
>>
>>34515897
they aren't going to stick you in a different MOS, you'll still be an 11b after washing out of selection or whatever the one is before that for sf babies
>>
>>34515857
what about push ups and sit ups?

If you can do a mile youll be fine by the end of BCT.
>>
>>34515911
I've heard contradictory information on this, but I'll take your word for it. I'm in DEP though so i don't think there is much I can do at th.is point
>>
>>34515887
if you're worried about the run, in my opinion you should be running 2 miles for time at least 3 times a week. if you keep at it, you'll see your run time keep going down and it will feel fuckin good anon. sprints and fartlek runs are good for days you're not going for time, but im not the one to tell you what your body can handle.
>>
>>34515882
I believe you but the key thing is
>he was a complete shithead tho
Most people are cod kids taking these contracts. Don't be one of them.
>>
>>34515931
I can currently do 40 push ups and about 50 sit-ups within 2 minutes on a good day. My biggest fear is falling out on runs/exercises and making my platoon hate me.
>>
>>34515935
i only know from experience in mid 2000's, when we i met a considerable number of 18x's that showed up in my battallion. as far as i know, the first step of 18x is 11x basic/OSUT. army ain't gonna waste any money sending you to another AIT
>>
Does getting deployed essentially mean you lose all of your free time for the duration, and would it depend on the branch and mos?
>>
>>34515976
you'll be fine for situps and pushups, just make sure you push yourself each time you run now. target heart rate is real, and you're honestly not pushing hard enough if you don't puke on your APFT. im 6'2" 155 and usually ran ~12:30-13:00 2mi and puked almost every time, even long after being at my unit. its a sign of heart as long as its not obviously forced like a shitbag during runs in formation. you should not have to stop to puke.
>>
>>34515976
alright numbers, keep workin till you ship.
give yourself a couple days to rest before you leave. by the end of basic youll be a lot better
>>
>>34516053
How much easier is a POG OSUT that trains alongside women than typical BCT?
>>
File: hmmmm.png (236KB, 541x947px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.png
236KB, 541x947px
did goarmy.com just call me a fag? someone else take this and don't lie at all
>>
What age would be too late to join if you want to go SF?
>>
>>34516078
i wouldn't know because i have self respect. from what i have seen, no one is held accountable for shit and there is no motivation to be better than anyone else around you. woman ds ffs?
>>
>>34516080
link?
>>
File: 1493627868766.jpg (31KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1493627868766.jpg
31KB, 413x395px
>>34516080
>>
>>34516080
Locked my account, fuck me
>>
>>34516129
goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/help-choosing-a-career-job/by-skills-and-interests.html
>>
>>34516080
thats pretty fuckin homo, but likely something being pushed for diversity and inclusion fag bullshit reasons.
>>
>>34516154
i mean i don't do martial arts or climb rope in my free time. beyond that idk what would have altered results. that's why i'm so curious what other people would get.
>>
File: file.png (193KB, 412x553px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
193KB, 412x553px
>>34516080
>>34516149
Neat

Get really good at Sodoku and talking in front of people, I guess.
That way you can become le epin spy in Intel
>>
Reposting for an answer.

"If MEPS requests 'all records for _____' and you give them partial in order to hide something, can they or will they attain that full record sooner or later?
Some things on some of my papers are concerning, as far as enlistment goes. I figure they want you to turn in the papers yourself to test if you are hiding things and obtain it on their own later to check if you were trying to slide by.
Maybe I am just a lil paranoid."

"tl;dr Listed on prescreen family counseling that I later discovered didn't happen and I actually looked up my records for counseling keyword and some counseling I voluntarily entered as an adult has 'depression' and 'adjustment disorder' listed at separate dates. I was not told of these diagnostics, or if a counselor's diagnosis/opinion holds weight to MEPS. The counseling went on at utterly random intervals for 2013-2016 to blow off stress and tell someone my woes, like a pastor.
Also, it had some stuff where I was diagnosed Depressed at 15 and given a short Welbutrin trial that didn't stick..
All of this is at the same facility.
MEPS requested 'all counseling' and I didn't know about some of this shit prior to looking at my record."

Been getting mixed opinions on this from people. I would be going for a job that has Secret clearance and locks out people with history of mental diagnoses.
>>
File: army.png (355KB, 1123x617px) Image search: [Google]
army.png
355KB, 1123x617px
>>34516080
why can't i be a grunt again?
>>
>>34516106
Pretty sure its 30 but waivers are sometimes given I believe.
>>
File: Capture.png (204KB, 417x736px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
204KB, 417x736px
>>34516080
Alright, got two different responses, by skills I got the same as you, by interests, however, I got pic related.
>>
>>34516215
Interesting thing about that is none of those are the MOSes I'm trying for, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
>>
From the one guy from the last thread:

>Not anyone you've replied to, but I've been reading your posts for the last few weeks, thanks for the advice. What are some good "cyber" AFSCs? I'm pretty set on 3D0X2, but the RF/spectrum jobs also sound interesting. What's intel like? The base I'll be assigned to has 1N4X1 open as well as the jobs I already mentioned. I'm hesitant about the network intel analyst position because I would be in the ANG, so becoming experienced in that job would be next to impossible and even more difficult to put on a resume.

3D0X2 is basically your IT guy, and can range from doing some cool cyber ops shit at a cyber/network ops squadron, to taking tech support phone calls at a help desk.
I'd put 3D1X2 down as your secondary, since you can still get some pretty good assignments (I got a net ops squadron). Also, your AFCOOL cert money can be used towards relevant shit as well.

The spectrum AFSC is awful, you literally just manage the paperwork that assigns frequencies to radios.
The RF Trans AFSC is not bad, you do some really cool (IMO) shit with radios, but they can be super old... the translation to outside job experience depends on the units you get assigned to and the equipment that you work with.

I have no idea what a guard intel job would be like... if you're looking to do computer/electronics shit, then you should probably stick to the 3D jobs.'s
Also, our SMSgt was telling us that 3D series tech school is going to become modular, where you will be able to test out of sections while you're in. That's really nice, since I spent weeks learning basic IT shit.
To anyone else, I'll be here for about 2 more hours to answer AF questions.
>>
File: 1492388923118.gif (458KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492388923118.gif
458KB, 256x256px
How difficult is it to become a JTAC or Fire Support Man? Sounds like an underrated job.
>>
File: Untitled.png (45KB, 426x439px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
45KB, 426x439px
>>34516228
you need to take better target practices anon
>>
File: army2.png (143KB, 451x639px) Image search: [Google]
army2.png
143KB, 451x639px
>>34516244
what the gay, i did the interests one and got here
>>34516204
but after doing skills i got pic related. its official, they're pushing faggot shit to fill diversity agendas.
>>
>>34516244
I just turned 18 and parents don't own guns.

At Boy Scout camp, I could shoot nickel-sized groupings, but that was with bolt-action (and uncleaned) .22s at like 25 yards, with a table, stand, chair, everything.

So I am intermediate at nearly everything.
>>
>>34516276
>>34516228
It's fucking stupid, since I answered expert on all things computer and mechanical.

Yep, admin support. The perfect job for someone who can program a computer and fix a car.
>>
>>34516289
i got it to give the combat ones for skills but you have to answer beginner for anything that requires any form of intellect.
>>
>>34516243
JTAC is a weird qualification, I've 11b with jtac status
>>
Is 19D just discount 11b
>>
>>34516310
Maximum kek achived.

>>34516302
Yes, Interpreter or PsyOps is perfect for someone who answered everything as a "computer-oriented mathsexual", and "Avionic and Surivability Equipment Repairer" is perfect for someone who answered "beginner" to most of the "can you fix things" questions.

Something's off here.
>>
File: ZymYBfEh.jpg (93KB, 1024x634px) Image search: [Google]
ZymYBfEh.jpg
93KB, 1024x634px
What's the day-to-day life of a 35F look like?

17C?

Does anyone know?

Recruiters don't.
>>
>>34516332
do you prefer to walk everywhere?
>>
File: dawdad.jpg (148KB, 682x822px) Image search: [Google]
dawdad.jpg
148KB, 682x822px
Is this a /k/ approved mos
>>
>>34516204
>>34516215
>>34516276
>>34516302
>>34516348
i'm feeling a lot better about it telling me to join the band or the pr office
>>
>>34516426
Hey man, if you wanna supervise the showers....

>>34516429
Yeah... I'm literally filling a cyber warfare slot and it told me to do arts and shit.
Fuck that. Do what you want, not what some rigged online "test" tells you to.
>>
>>34516426
YES

Think of all the sexy naked males, smelling their scent...

This is the most gay board of them all, after all.
>>
>>34516330
noice
>>
>>34516332
its a fashion upgrade, with some sort of horse fantasy mixed in. they don't have the same history as light infantry, so there is much shitposting irl to be had.
>>
>>34516494
If your pursuing a JTAC cert, make sure you go through airborne, air assault, and pathfinder before you apply
>>
>>34516377
because their clearances probably stipulate such communication policies.

t. regular no clearance
>>
>>34516409
i sure do. if you can't do 12 mile in < 3hr with full loadout and a 35 pound ruck, you're subhuman.
>>
>>34516533
i'm /hasbeen/ spent 6 years at campbell, and preached the word and jerked off in my mind about being a jtac when i was on my way out- but freedom fruit looked so tempting.
>>
>>34516533
when did you go to aaslt?
>>
>>34515631
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>34516635
depends on where your stationed, you can do it right airborne, especially at benning where all you do is sign up and walk on
>>
Can someone explain how cavalry regiments work? Can I be intel in the cavalry or do you have to be infantry or 19D or something like that?
>>
If I wanted to enlist as a 12B, what would I end up doing? Also is there any movement available from there, recommendations for alternatives to 12B?
>>
Is 19D overmanned like 11B
>>
>>34516713
>If I wanted to enlist as a 12B, what would I end up doing? Also is there any movement available from there
If you get your sapper tab sure
>>
File: 1382528773309.jpg (242KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1382528773309.jpg
242KB, 500x333px
Would Recon Marines be the Marine Corps' equivalent to the Army Rangers?
>>
>>34516728
Recon Marines are similar to Rangers but they different mission statements
>>
>>34516747
Okay groovy. I was trying to find the equivalent. And then MARSOC would kind of be on the same level as the SEALs then, yeah?
>>
>>34516240
Thanks for the reply, that really helps. Sounds like I'll be going with 3D0X2 if I qualify. Is there a way to tell which squadrons do which kind of work? I probably shouldn't post the base I'll be assigned to but it would be nice to know what those guys do (i.e. cyber ops or help desk).
>>
>>34516449
Oh fug m8 how did you get into cyber warfare? That's my goal, but I know it will take a while. I'm
>>34516771 by the way
>>
Naval officers.
What's the lowdown?
>>
>>34516756
>And then MARSOC would kind of be on the same level as the SEALs then, yeah?
kinda, but no two special operations careers are the same
>>
>>34516805
Thanks for the answers, man.
>>
There's not much info out there on marsoc but I have alot if interest in it when I join and ultimately it'll be my goal to be a critical skills operator. If anyone had any 2cents or redpills I would gladly accept them.
>>
File: 20170708_234259~01.jpg (1MB, 2988x3845px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_234259~01.jpg
1MB, 2988x3845px
hey guys i need some advice. so im entering my sophmore year of college as a Finance & Risk Management major, and I want to join the Air Force, preferably as an officer starting out or after 4-5 years as enlisted. what kinda of jobs can you guys recommend for me that have a fair balance of cool shit and not being deployed too much. i would like to marry my girlfriend by then and start a family within maybe 7-8 years, so i dont really want to be gone on TDY way too often, but just a fair amount. any suggestions? i was looking at an Security Forces officer, but ive heard SF fucking blows, not to mention my degree isnt in that field which would probably force me to go enlisted SF for more time than id like. thanks :)
>>
File: 1444769672735.jpg (325KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444769672735.jpg
325KB, 1200x800px
>>34516824
I've had this question for a while, What's the difference between Recon and Raiders?
>>
>>34516824
>redpills I would gladly accept them.
You're not gonna make it.
Special Forces are extremely exclusive.
I mean really.

We're talking about they take the people who have been training since 12 and have been dreaming of it since 6.
Can you bench a small car and then run 10 miles uphill with a few plates on your back?

There are over three hundred million Americans. That's huge recruitment pool. There is not that much of a need for SF.

Are you the absolute perfect fit for SF? Are you in literal perfect condition that has never smoked or taken a single drink?
Do you have zero physiological issues? Over 20/20 eyesight, able to eat rocks and roots and never have diarrhoea? Sleeps 5 hours a night even when you want to sleep in?
SF is the best of the best of the best.

If you can't say that with utter certainty, then you won't make it. And that's ok. Every military needs inhuman psychopaths to die first.
>>
>>34516847
>but ive heard SF fucking blows
secfor, only blows because some people don't realize how mundane the life can be. As an officer you would probably the chance to do more cool SecFo stuff like Phoenix-Raven or CPET. Also the military only demands you have a bachelors degree, the field you graduated in has little to do with what career you want.
>>
>>34516856
Recon is under command of the USMC. They do reconnaissance for the Marines.

Raiders, or MARSOC answer to SOCOM. They are the Marine's SF contribution to SOCOM
>>
>>34516847
I'm not American so forgive me if the jargon is off.

Go ACSO. Air Combat Systems Officer.
That mans everyone on the plane that's not actively steering it.
Coolest shit.
And it also means drone control.

Also
>girlfriend
Get ready to be JODYED
>>
>>34515274
please respond
>>
>>34516793
Its easy and cake walk. Seriously not a joke, as long as you aren't a complete piece of shit or moron youll be fine. Definitely go for it if you can I suppose.
>>
>>34516647
its skim military
>>
>>34516943
I'm a week and a bit away from signing the papers for it.
It seems like the best way to go given my shitty eyesight (I really wanted AF officer, but here we are).

Are you Navy? What's day to day life like?
>>
>>34516707
they have an intel shop at the troop level i would assume, but i am pretty sure that if you're intel that you could get assigned to any unit that needs intel.
>>
>>34515274
>is this ever a good option regardless of branch?
yep, they pay for your med school, but you'll have to repay that with service time
>can people switch branches? like if i went with the army and did their medical school thing, would i later to be allowed to join the navy if i wanted to?
It may be difficult considering the Army has put their part of the budget in investing in you
>>
>>34516713
you get to blow shit up man
>>
>>34516984
>yep, they pay for your med school, but you'll have to repay that with service time
i've read on forums that everyone treats the medical people like shit
also slightly unrelated, can i ever trust a recruiter to tell me the truth? i sent out my info to air force, navy, and army but i'm wondering just how much bullshit i should expect to hear from them.
>>
So I'm currently about a year and a half out from graduating college, I'm a fat fuck but I'm losing about 10lbs a month on average due to exercise and diet adjustment and that's happened the past 5 months, I'm 6' foot and down to 250.

My aspiration is to become an infantryman in my states national guard or just join the army, any suggestions for what else I should do specifically to prepare myself/gear myself towards this position (whether it be physical, mental, or any other sort of prep)?
>>
File: 1491245010881.jpg (51KB, 540x485px) Image search: [Google]
1491245010881.jpg
51KB, 540x485px
>>34516963
I was, out now. Was an OS for 4 years on 2 cruisers. Did 2 deployements.
>day in the life
All depends on what type of officer and ship and CO. Sucks that's so vague but its the truth.
You becoming a SWO I assume?
>>
>>34517013
>i've read on forums that everyone treats the medical people like shit
I've honestly never heard about medical personnel being treated like shit
Take everything a recruiter says with a grain a salt and make sure you get what you need in writing or in your contract
>>
>>34517013
>trust a recruiter
never until you see it in writing.
>>
>>34517016
count your calories, only drink water, run about 2 miles a day, and lift weights that exercise your lower body

I was at 245, now I'm at 183
>>
>>34517016
why do you want to join the guard? just to stay home?
>>
>>34517033
>>34517046
well if i can't trust a recruiter who/what can i trust?
or do i just keep asking questions in /meg/ and hope nobody lies
>>
>>34517018
I'm Canadian so our abbreviations are a little different.
Apparently, we're all "MAritime Surface Officers" until we specialize after graduation.

It doesn't really matter to me about specifics. Shoot the shit about your time on ship. How was it? Anything memorable? Go nuts.
>>
>>34516771
>>34516792
I literally lucked into the slot that I'm in now, and showed a bit of intelligence and drive over the years to get assigned to the right position. I'm a 3D1X2, but it's pretty rare to get assigned to the unit that I did.
Your best bet is to sign for a 4 year contract and cross-train into 1B4. 1B4 is a cross-train only AFSC, but 3D0 will prepare you OK... of you're you'll have to do some work on your own to get really good.

If you sign for a 4 year contract, you can cross-train at 2 years for 1B4 (right now, may not be critically manned in the future), and you can try again/cross-train to something else at 3 years. For a 6 year contract you would have to wait for 3 or 4 years, respectively.

>>34516847
Do ROTC and then whatever you get assigned. If you're not looking for a lot of TDYs or deployments, look at non-rated positions.
You're 19 (or close), and marrying the girl that you're dating right now would be a monumentally poor decision. If you guys can stick out the military life for 2 years while you're dating, then consider marrying.

If you do enlist, go cyber/intel. No security forces. Don't do it.
SecFo seems to have unilaterally shitty leadership, probably because only the worst people are willing to stay and promote as SecFo instead of using their GI Bill to lead an otherwise nice life.
>>
File: 1375941660247.jpg (69KB, 263x354px) Image search: [Google]
1375941660247.jpg
69KB, 263x354px
Why does everyone here seem to have issues getting infantry? It doesn't seem like that special a job, why does everyone have recruiters who tell them they can't because of ASVAB score or whatever?
>>
>>34517058
b/c the idea of moving away to live in some sihthole state on a base for however long my contract is/before getting deployed doesn't seem that attractive to me.

>>34517055
Yeah, that's what I've been trying to do, it was a bitch switching over to a treadmill since I was always shit at cardio but I think that's helped a bit, I have to get my mile time down, I'm slow as fuck atm. Any specific suggestion for lifting? Shit like squats/powercleans/deadlifting?
>>
>>34517067
you finally get a packet at the end of your first trip to meps, and it will say sign here. if you don't like it, tell the dude (who won't be your actual recruiter) that you want something else. i actually did this. i was going to be 13f, had it in writing. but went back to be a grunt.
>>
>>34517016
/fit/fag here
Your exercise is a minor part of it.
You want to lose weight?
Pay very close attention to what you eat.
A normal adult male who doesn't think about dieting eats about 2500 calories a day.
He's not even trying to diet.
But he eats that and weighs around 180lbs without ever doing any exercise.

Since you weigh more than this fictional him, you're eating mroe.
Aside from a glass of OJ,drink only OJ
Never eat snacks. Snacks are weakness incarnate.
Breakfast (a slice of toast)
Lunch (a sandwich)
Supper (meat, greens, and grains)
That's it. No more

You'll be slim in no time.
Do exercise, and you'll be slim even faster.

Since it's infantry you want, do lots of cardio, and do compound lifts at the gym.

Aim for 1/2/3/4
Since you're so fat, it'll be easier
>>
File: 1491016269430.png (242KB, 809x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491016269430.png
242KB, 809x635px
>>34517076
Ifantry is a catch all. So if you have a recruit who qualifys for a tougher job to fill, it behoves the recruiter to push them into that. If a recruiter can fill tough slots it makes him look better. For example in the NAVY nuke slots count as 2 people.

>>34517068
Well Canada style might be completely different man I cant really comment cause your shit might be different.
In general though I loved my time in the navy, I got to do a shit load of stuff and loved being on a ship and deploying. Got to explore all over asia and had tons of great adventures. Being at sea is tough but its all worth it when you hit port and go crazy.
>>
>>34517119
>Well Canada style might be completely different man I cant really comment cause your shit might be different.
>In general though I loved my time in the navy, I got to do a shit load of stuff and loved being on a ship and deploying. Got to explore all over asia and had tons of great adventures. Being at sea is tough but its all worth it when you hit port and go crazy.
Cool man.

Any stories?
Worst or best?

I hear the Navy is very cliquey and bitchy.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (948KB, 1416x2152px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
948KB, 1416x2152px
Is Lopez a boy or a girl, I need to know
>>
>>34517131
>I hear the Navy is very cliquey and bitchy.
I suppose this is true, the trick is just to sue it to your advantage. Make friends in various departments on the ship and they'll hook you up and makes things easier on you. That's the enlisted world though, for officers its different cause they don't rely on people fro things. Just don't develop a reputation as a faggot and youll eb fine.

>Any stories?
Loads. Gimme a few I gotta grab some food and clean up some stuff.
>>
>>34517099
>if you don't like it, tell the dude (who won't be your actual recruiter) that you want something else. i actually did this
how willing are different branches to work with you? like if i say "i don't like this" is it possible someone will say "take it or leave it buddy" ?
>>
is this real life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8L3RMHXfg

why do they seem so... tolerant of them?
>>
>>34517228
From what I've heard, it's totally up to the recruiter.

Some are total bros and try to hook you up with the right job for you, others are shitbags only worried about making themselves look good to leadership.
>>
>>34517228
i can only speak for army, and they can either say yes or not. the point is that you actually have a say as well, you're coming to a deal.
>>
>>34516945
pls explain
>t. about to enlist in guard
>>
>>34517232
I don't understand what's going on
>>
>>34517232
Because blowing up on someone while they have a loaded weapon in their hand is not a good idea.

Also there are some seriously dumb motherfuckers in the military, and you can't get blood from a turnip so to speak.

You can guarantee that if they do some serious dumb shit that they will pay for it later, though.
>>
>>34517200
It doesn't matter. I'd fuck the pucci or the boipucci
>>
>>34517232
>>34517255
Don't make fun of day 1 boots.
They're trying and they're afraid
>>
File: 1494168943314.jpg (125KB, 700x651px) Image search: [Google]
1494168943314.jpg
125KB, 700x651px
>>34517245
no structure, standards aren't enforced, shitshow once you finally do your 2 weeks of training each year. you won't feel the same esprit de corps that you get from AD, i promise. it will probably sting when you see how the pros do it once you head downrange actually.
>>
>>34517200
>that hair
Grill.

You can almost always tell by how the hair is, men have strict standards.
For example, men's hair can't touch the ears...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKxRT1v8V4I

Totally accurate video
Not memeing
>>
>>34517232
>>34517245

t. national guard
>>
>>34513851
If you do six and don't just say fuck it and knock out the rest of a career you are screwing yourself.

Fuck waiting until old age when you can retire in your thirties or forties and never have to work again if you paid off all your debts.

t. USAF MSgt, (Retired)
>>
File: 1407649719094.gif (1MB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
1407649719094.gif
1MB, 216x216px
>>34517298
Oh thank god, I thought I might have become gay.
>>
>>34517311
I'm sure you're aware, though, that there are some career fields with a rather.. poor quality of life.
What AFSC were you? Just curious.
>>
>>34517311
i did the opposite, did not want to spend more than 6 in because then i would retire at 40 and not know how to shit else.
>>
fuck i wish i stayed in. would only be 6 more years until retirement.
>>34517311
>>
Going to talk with recruiterfor the first time tomorrow, what do I need to know
>>
>>34517608
If you're American, then you're gonna deal with split departments and an aggressive as fuck Army nigger.

Even if you're not American, with a unified Forces military, the Army will still be aggressive. They will default you on any form.
Don't do Army.

My personal advice is to push hard for the questions you have when it comes down to timeframes. When where and how. When will you be inducted. Where? Under what circumstances? What will you get if you join?
Ask hard.

And ask specifically for your recruiter's office number.
Do not rely on the office phone system.
My local phone system, one of the largest in the country, has not worked for 6 months.
Get that specific number. And phone ever 2 weeks for an update, if they don't phone you first.

Also, if they offer anything "special" to join, email them back asking what it was.
Emails=binding
>>
>>34517345
Comm/Nav on Broncos and Phantoms, then engines on F-16s (I crosstrained for the SRB and to escape Moody AFB and lovely Valdosta) and finally F-16 crew chief when they merged the flightline under Rivet Workforce.

Last base was Shaw, retired 2007.

Nonner was in standard use when I came in in '81. For a while we were told not to call nonners nonners, so we used "sortie watchers" instead.
>>
anyone here know anything about green side corpsman assignments? I've heard that green side is really oversaturated
>>
I wanna join the military, but I'm currently a 20 year old college student halfway through my bachelor's degree and I despise the idea of ROTC.

If I go through OCS after I graduate, what are my odds of being able to apply for US Army SOF as an officer? I've always wanted to be in the Green Berets, and while I was originally gonna join the military back when I started college, some issues came up and I decided to get my degree first.

Alternatively, if deciding to shoot for becoming a SOF officer is a bad idea for some reason, should I just enlist and try the officer later? How old is too old to consider taking up SOF? I dunno, I got the urge to join again and it's been on my mind for a while.
>>
>>34517734
it depends on the SOF, the Army has the biggest specops community and career opportunities
>>
>>34517781

That's what I'm going for.
>>
>>34517734
Don't be a fag and dream of SOF
0.1% of people of who want it get in
You just don't need many suicidal operators for the West.
We just don't do that shit.

Do your bachelor.
Then go OCS
Get a TON of money a year and order around fags older than you.
>>
>>34517792
No, I mean like Ranger officer, SOAR Officer, Civil Affairs SOF Officer, Psyops SOF Officer, and SF Officer
>>
>>34517795

I agree with you on the first part, it's why I asked for advice after all. I'm just asking if it's better to go through OCS after I get my degree, join the Army and shoot for becoming an SOF officer or if I should just go ahead and enlist as an E4 and gun for SOF as an NCO?

I know both are next to impossible, but which one one is more realistic than the other? If it helps, I got a 78 on my ASVAB the first time I took it and I'm pretty sure I can get back in great shape in less than a year.

>>34517824

Ah, my mistake. I'd like to go for Special Forces/Green Berets.
>>
>>34517734
>>34517792
Mis communication. SOF means all special shit. If you mean green beret specifically that's SF.
>>
>>34517855
>>34517795

Forgot to add that your proposal's a good idea, but is it realistic?
>>
>>34517301
holy fucking KEK

this is too accurate
>>
>>34517301

Holy shit, the Marine one is fucking accurate.
>>
What should I even say when I call a recruiter? I would rather just walk into the office, but anons were saying last thread it is better to call first
>>
>>34517855
Officer is 10X as hard as enlisted
Not just because Officers have higher requirements (which is true) but because you don't need many tacticians in your storm troopers.
American SOF do not hire many officers a year. Like maybe 10. Under 10.
Can you say say you're top 5 material?
Not with a 78 you can't.

I'm talking shit about your dreams because I want you to be realistic.
You will never be SOF. Not officer, not enlisted. I'm not saying you're shit. I'm saying the requirements are for obsessed psychopaths on a level you can't even conceive.

Just go regular forces. Maybe you impress someone and get an offer.

But don't dream on being an Astronaut if you don't have the genius for it
>>
>>34517910
walkins are welcome, just tell them you wanna join the military
>>
>>34517910
I don't know about what other anons, but for me, I like to go in person.
It's up to you really.

They lie less to you in person though
>>
>>34517910
Just walk in faggo
>>
>>34517910
protip: they will ask you why you want to join the military, have a good answer
>>
>>34516728

Recon and Rangers go through very similar training and attract very similar dudes.

The difference: budget and the missions that come with it.

Who's been shooting people in the face in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Africa and Pakistan in the past 5 years, and who's been sitting on the sideline the ENTIRE time?

If you want to train hard and get treated like shit, both a Ranger and Recon contract will promise you that. If you want to utilize your skills and equipment with the chance of getting to kill people, join a Ranger Regiment.

t. Sgt, 0321 1st Force EASing in 11 days.
>>
>>34517927
Is "I want the chance to kill Muslims" a good answer?
>>
>>34517943
noooot really
but you can kinda spin it
"I want to fight to protect my countrymen" would be good
>>
>>34517943
you'll get blacklisted
>>
>>34517913

>I'm talking shit about your dreams because I want you to be realistic.

Then I got what I asked for then. Thanks for being honest, my dude.
>>
>>34517075
Is it possible to get a 4 year contract for the ANG? I thought it was an option for active duty, but ANG was always 6. Either way, I'd be perfectly fine with doing IT as a 3D0 for at least 3 years before getting the chance to cross-train into 1B4. Also, is there any way to find out what the squadrons are like individually, as in what they do from base to base?
>>
>>34517910

You select a job you want beforehand and walk into the recruiters office and tell him you will join his branch of service if he can provide you with that contract. Tell him to save the selling techniques, you know what you want and just need him to facilitate the paperwork.

When you take away the rhetoric shoveling that recruiters have to do as part of their job, they'll just do the other, easier half; filing paperwork.
>>
>>34517913
>obsessed psychopaths on a level you can't even
Explain please.
>>
>>34517301
>>34517892
>>34517879
wtf is this same fagging nonsense. Shut the fuck up faggot no one found your gay ass video funny.
>>
>>34517982
>Is it possible to get a 4 year contract for the ANG?
ANG is typically 6-8yrs
>>
>>34517312
It's not gay if it's underway.

t. Navy.
>>
>>34515795
>And will the MOS I'm entering with affect my chances at any of them (11B).

For CID probably not.

For CI it doesn't matter what your previous MOS was because CI is a needed MOS. I know guys who were a 19k, Air Force (same guy as the tanker actually, got out of the Army, did some maintenance or something in the Air Force, came back to Army as 35L), 88m, 11b, 35N or S.
>>
>>34517287
Army or Air Guard?
>>
>>34516034
>Does getting deployed essentially mean you lose all of your free time for the duration, and would it depend on the branch and mos?

Depends on MOS. Intel deployed to Iraq we worked 12 hour shifts seven days a week (eventually went to 12 six days a week and 6 one day a week). The rest of the time was ours to do what we wanted essentially. But it was mostly sit in the CHU reading, go to the gym, get a hair cut, etc. In Kuwait we started at 12 hours and then went to 8 hours with three shifts in the SCIF and IIRC 6 days a week.
>>
>>34516113
>i wouldn't know because i have self respect. from what i have seen, no one is held accountable for shit and there is no motivation to be better than anyone else around you. woman ds ffs?

I went through Ft Jackson in 2007 and all our male DS's were 11B and we got smoked to shit with any little fuck up from anyone. The female DS's really only existed to keep an eye on the female barracks.
>>
>>34517990
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj4GOFx5nOE
>>
File: 1499441660595.jpg (13KB, 301x393px) Image search: [Google]
1499441660595.jpg
13KB, 301x393px
Any army natty guards here?

I'm considering joining the natty guard and right now I have a M-F 8-5 job and I'm thinking about how I'm going to get fucked over for leaving ~2 month from job to go to BCT, can the guard guarantee me that I won't be fired or else if I got fired because of the guard, is there a way to unfuck from it?
>>
>>34516377
>What's the day-to-day life of a 35F look like?

Deployed is actually pretty good. If you're working at a J2 or G2 shop even as a junior enlisted you will be working on real products that go as high as Joint Chiefs and briefing generals.

A normal day in the USF-I J2 when I was there:

>Come into work 30 minutes before shift for turnover
>Guy working on my area, Baghdad city, would tell me what happened during the day
>Go to larger analyst meeting at VTC with the CWO who was acting deputy J2 for General Helmick
>Go back to desk, open up JWICS and read through TS message traffic, talk to analysts from other agencies
>Get on SIPR and look at Secret message traffic
>Update daily products that are expected to go out by end of shift
>Go to briefing for General Helmick at the VTC room
>Go back to desk, do some research on different threat groups like AAH, PDB, AQI-ISI etc.
>Look through products other agencies put out on EChirp
>Go to the DFAC and get a to go plate somewhere in there, go back to desk and do more reading
>Get 30 minutes to go to the gym next door and lift or use the elliptical
>7am rolls around, guy on the day shift shows up so we do a turnover
>Go to my CHU and do some reading, sketching, watch the one or two episodes of Family Guy I have on a small iPod

I worked the night shift which is much better. Intel is generally officer heavy and they want to have a normal sleeping pattern. Thus they are around during the day looking over everyone's shoulders, getting in people's shit, no work really gets done.

At night I could get on the share drive, but a movie on in the background on my work computer, and just sit, read, write, and put together products.

We also had DIA contractors and analysts with us who did more specialized portfolios. And a really cool dude who was a Russian linguist in the Navy and got a contractor gig teaching us Arc GIS.
>>
>>34518134
>can the guard guarantee me that I won't be fired

USERRA

http://www.esgr.mil/USERRA/What-is-USERRA

IIRC even though you can't be fired for going to TRADOC, needing time for drill (you may have 6 MUTA months which means Friday through Sunday drill), or your AT (2 weeks a year) there is no prohibition against your civilian employer eliminating your position entirely as a roundabout way to fire you.
>>
>>34517913
>American SOF do not hire many officers a year. Like maybe 10. Under 10.
Is this also true for leafland military? I'm graduating soon and was thinking about commissioning as an officer. My dad is telling me to go AF, but I have SF aspirations.
>>
>>34518216
Even less for Leafs
Like 5 or so a year
And just like burgers,it means you need to be dedicated to it since you barely had pubes.

Go of ACSO, if I were you.
>>
>>34517984
What if it's an overmanned job?
CBs were trying to downsize last I checked
>>
Do they have time for praises loudly sung in the infantry?
>>
American citizen. How do I join the french foreign legion?
>>
>>34518845

http://www.wikihow.com/Join-the-French-Foreign-Legion
>>
>>34518845
Be warned that they aren't the ez out option anymore. They drop people for the smallest of slip ups
>>
>>34517982

Just go Army 17C or Navy CTN. Then you start in cyber instead of trying to roll the dice to get there.
>>
File: 200px-Grenade_legion.svg.png (69KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Grenade_legion.svg.png
69KB, 200x303px
>>34518984
Care to provide some extra details? Planning to go Aubagne at the end of the year
>>
Is navy MAA on the same tier of shit as Air Force SecFo
>>
File: 771.jpg (28KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
771.jpg
28KB, 399x388px
Does having Aspergers prevent you from joining most if any part of the armed forces?
>>
>>34515793
another difference being that the car salesman usually wants to be there, as opposed to the voluntold recruiter
>>
>>34519798
It's a DQ with no waivers as far as I know.
However, if they never find out about it, they never find out about it. Don't tell them, and don't give them hints or clues as to where the paper history is stored, or if it's on insurance etc.

Basically investigate yourself and see what you find and how hard it was to find.

In any case you have to say 'NO', which is retarded. I swear, every Airman I know is an undiagnosed aspie.
>>
>>34518002
Nor is it queer if it's on the pier
t. Subs
>>
>>34519925
what if I sperg out in basic training? I sort of afraid this will happen.
>>
>>34520041
If you mildly sperg out, you get pushed by your Drills and do some exercise and it sucks, but is pretty much immediately forgotten.

If you crack and continually majorly sperg out, you get kicked out of the military on a failure to adapt discharge, which is sort of neither honorable or dishonorable, it just sort of negates your military experience for future resume and application stuff.
>>
File: 1302290535147.jpg (76KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
1302290535147.jpg
76KB, 500x575px
>want to do high speed shit
>also want a family
Is there a way to do both?
>>
>>34520293
Find a female that's a whore.

/r9k/ will come in and tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMAN IS DIRTYNFILTHY WHORE.

That's not entirely true. Most women aren't really worth a damn, especially if you join the military and are gone for long periods of time, but then again most people in general aren't worth a damn.

If you find a woman you can absolutely trust, and yes they do exist, you can have both. You just won't get to be with your family as much and there's always the chance that you'll never come back to them because you get killed.
>>
>>34517982
Visit the base which interests you. ANG are a friendly bunch as are Reserves.

Plan wisely and think "career" in all you do.
>>
File: IMG_20170712_073740.jpg (451KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_073740.jpg
451KB, 1920x1440px
Sorry for being quick here but I'm doing this quick before I take off for work
>Be me
>Yesterday walking around by recruitment office
>Been wanting to enlist for a few years
>Been going back and forth between the Navy and airforce for a few years
>Decide on Navy
>Start the paperwork
>Go home
>Tell family in group chat
>Have twin sister in the army as an MP
>Her response in pic related
>Go on 4chan after about a year of absence
>Discover /meg/ for the first time a few minutes ago
>Neat.jpeg

Is the Navy really that bad? I know I should read the pastebin before posting but I'm in a rush, will read when I get home tonight
>>
>>34520293
>Is there a way to do both?

Not really. You are young so instead of wanting early both, go do high speed shit and then when you grow up you can choose more wisely.

I've had to give the Old Sarge lecture to numerous troops who insisted on installing a ring on the first sloot who threw them some pussy. Fucking wait until you are wiser.
>>
>>34520785
How old are you?
>>
>>34520675
Go submarine so I don't have to read your shit posts anymore
>>
>>34520675
Join the Air Force. You can switch services when you re-up and many do, but I've never seen anyone join the Navy after going Air Force while I've seen plenty of prior Navy, Army and some Marines go AF.

When in doubt, choose Air Force. Then choose wisely within the Air Force and visit Air Force forums, not just here.

Also unless special circumstances anyone in the Air Force who whines about their job really is a little bitch.

Do not:
Be a cop.
Work Transportation, lest ye be stuck in shitty sandbox jobs running convoy duty.
Be Admin, unless you already speak fluent ebonics.
Be weapons load. Few civilian opportunities.

Do:
Consider medical. Very high civilian opportunities and comfy lifestyle.
If enthusiastic techy or gearhead, work on things that fly. Valuable systems have valued personnel. Maintainers bitch, but that's standard guy shit.

Avionics is fun. UAS are fun and that field will be wide open for longer than anyone here lives. My dronebro went straight from retirement to civilian contractor and makes fat cash. That's typical if you don't suck.
>>
>>34520849
Is there a list of airforce forums I should look at? I am already scheduled for a test but I will jump ship if the AF is more appealing. Every time I talked to the AF recruiters they brought up muh computer jobs which I have no aptitude for
>>
I'm thinking of going reserve or NG so that me and my gf don't fall apart or anything like that. Hoping that if I pick NG, I can get like airborne school or something. Any advice or thoughts? 35M btw
>>
>>34521135
get airborne in your contract, it's called option 04, it can pretty difficult to go to specialized schools in the NG, 35M is a good MOS, but you may want to consider going the warrant officer path
>>
>>34521135
I've never met a single person in the NG that didn't regret that life choice. So many of my friends told me they hated it that they kept me from joining
>>
>>34521174
I have a degree if that helps. Physics. I just don't wanna go officer because A. Sitting around doing paperwork all day, and B. My MOS is left in the hands of the gods.
>>
File: 1455127180841.jpg (152KB, 461x709px) Image search: [Google]
1455127180841.jpg
152KB, 461x709px
>>34520675
Fist off your sister is an MP so immediately discard her opinion cause shes a moron.

I was in the Navy and I loved it, the saying is choose your rate chose your fate. aka pick a good job and youll be golden.

>>34520978
Don't listen to that faggot, AF is the gayest branch easily. They are the most comfy and soft. And at first youll proably think that's a good thing ut that's the problem, its to good. No one ever gets out. This causes advancement problems and little to no bonuses. You can google it if you don't believe me. Plus dealing with loads of women and fags, bases in bum fuck nowhere desert.

Go with navy or youll regret it. Just pick a good job.

>>34520849
Gay
>>
>>34521279
What jobs did you recommend that I look into?
>>
>>34521419
Budy I don't know you or what you like. And you already said you don't like computer jobs. Tell me what youd like to do, imagine being on a ship I suppose what sounds appealing.
>>
>>34521452
The flight deck jobs and mechanical along with comms took my interest
>>
File: 1451455060796.jpg (5KB, 207x222px) Image search: [Google]
1451455060796.jpg
5KB, 207x222px
>>34521482
>The flight deck jobs
Mistake, youre basically a slave and carriers are shitty
>mechanical
If you mean engineeringtype jobs they are tough work ill tell you now, youre gonnabe covered in oil and grease most of the day but if you actually enjoy working with your hands youll love it.

>comms
What comms? What do you mean nig?

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/Pages/default.aspx
Here read about jobs, click the links and you better ber able to figure out the site or youre a moron. I'm going to the gym ill be back in a few hours. Il answer more once I'm back.
>>
>>34520345
>/r9k/ will come in and tell you that EVERY SINGLE WOMAN IS DIRTYNFILTHY WHORE.
>That's not entirely true.
Oh, you sweet summer child.
>>
>>34521980
>Oh, you sweet summer child
Did you seriously say this unironically>? Man I hope you fucking drop dead.
>>
>>34521980
Aren't you the guy who types like a schizo and got told off by Jim?
>>
Is the airforce recruiter gonna look at me like I'm a fucking idiot when I tell him I want to go for TACP?
>>
>>34522827
Probably, but explain to me why youd want that over other SOF programs in other branches.
>>
Talked to an Air Force recruiter, he told me I needed to take the EST before I could even talk to an officer recruiter (I have my bachelors). He said I needed to score at least a 70. Looking online that looks unreasonably high, is what he's saying correct?
>>
>>34523279
enlisted recruiters (in my experience) will tell you bullshit to discourage you from going to an OR
find an officer recruiter and talk to him. Nothing bad will happen if you talk to them and they might tell you something good.
>>
>>34518845
>le FFL as an American

just don't
>>
How soon after talking with a recruiter will I take asvab? I am retarded and need to study
>>
Is option 40 just a meme made to get retards to fail? Whats the best path if you wanna go high up in combat arms and get into cool Army schools.
>>
>>34523545
Option 40
>>
Going to put in an application for the Canadian armed forces. Going to be putting down

>Vehicle tech
>army systems and communications information specialist
>infantry

Any opinions on basically being a mechanic in a military? Is it as shitty as being one in civilian life? That is a fear of mine.
>>
>>34523692
Why would it be any different, you'll probably have to work longer than a civilian
>>
I'm going to be coming out of college soon, and am considering becoming an officer in the Navy. I smoked some weed during college, but I haven't smoked for a year. I have had no major medical problems, besides a broken finger I got in the 8th grade during wrestling. Should I mention these things to the recruiter or anybody else during the OCS problem? Will it impact me if I wanna go the naval intelligence route? I heard from people to not mention the bit about weed, but what about the broken finger?
>>
What do tank operators or artillery gunners do during peace time?
>>
>>34523699

You make 50k cuckbucks (39k USD) starting in the CF for most pleb-tier jobs. The bennies are decent but yeah you could end up working longer and harder, plus a lot more responsibility working on a leopard or LAV than some shitbox civic. Don't know what licensed mechanics make here, probably a very wide spectrum.
>>
How difficult is it go get into Underwater construction teams from Seabees?
>>
File: 1493587205234.jpg (538KB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1493587205234.jpg
538KB, 2592x3888px
>>34520802
Brain doesn't stop developing until age 25. And have a kid before that is actively screwing over your kid. The only ones that should have kids young are females as this affects how not-fucked the child's genes are.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24173194

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-author-speaks/201408/change-your-brain-change-your-life-25

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708
>>
>>34522917
I like maps, and jtac sounds like fun. I feel like there would be a more professional attitude overall in the air Force as well.
>>
>>34524574
>I feel like there would be a more professional attitude overall in the air Force as well
??????????????????????????????
>>
File: 1493397909544.jpg (455KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1493397909544.jpg
455KB, 2048x1536px
>>34524574
>I feel like there would be a more professional attitude overall in the air Force as well.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>34523545
start with airborne(option 04)
>>
>>34524574
not all tacp can get the jtac cert
>>
File: smiling man not smiling anymore.jpg (96KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
smiling man not smiling anymore.jpg
96KB, 600x507px
>>34524574
>the branch where only 10% of personnel actually know how to do their job. The branch where the only ones who are even in shape are the pilots and SOF which make up less than 5% of the total force

Was that a meme, sir?
>>
File: 1499268620892.png (11KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1499268620892.png
11KB, 657x527px
Joining Leaf Infantry, settling in for the long wait.

I just want someone to tell me it's gonna work out.
>>
>>34524786
how long is the wait?
>>
>>34524808

It really depends on how you score throughout the recruiting process as well as the demand for your preferred MOS.

Some people wait years, others are in three months after applying. The career counselor told me infantry and combat engineer are likely to stay open but depending on how I rank it could take a long time.
>>
>>34524831
>>34524786
>leaf
>MOS
i don't think you realize why i'm asking this.
>>
>>34524831
asking a leaf about his specific wait time to go to leaf infantry, out of curiousity. thanks though.
>>
>>34519776
I suppose if you don't care about the quality of life aspects of the AF, you can go join the Army/Navy.

The only way I'd find myself in the Army is if I became a Cyber WO.

>>34521279
>This causes advancement problems and little to no bonuses.
AFPC just announced a fucking 31% selection rate to TSgt. If you don't promote, you only have one person to blame. Not sure that even a $40k re-enlistment bonus is worth sacrificing your quality of life.

Also, the good jobs (besides medical) have very few women in them. This is good and bad. Most of the women are concentrated in medical and admin.

>>34524613
>>34524642
>>34524664
>this guy again

I mean, if you're willing to give up the AF good life for bragging rights, then be my guest.
>>
>>34525320
>$40k re-enlistment bonus
try again lil ol' tripfag
FCs in the navy clear 100k easy as well as other very highdemand jobs. So yes its definitely worth it. Also that one piece of anecdotal evidence about advancement doesn't refute the trend that every other branch aside from maybe the marines will have you advancing quicker.
>>
>>34517681
26 years, that's really impressive! I think they bumped max TIS for a MSgt down to 24 years.
I don't know if I'll do 20 or not, mostly depends on if I get married or have a family (implying I'll ever find a wife).

To be completely honest, I'm so isolated from the MX/aircraft side of the AF, that it often feels like I'm in a totally different branch.
>>
>>34525338
Like I said, if you think it's worth it.

You'll maybe see around $70k of that bonus after taxes, so divide that by 4 years and you're essentially getting a $17k/yr raise to have to live on a fucking boat for months at a time. Not at all worth it to me.
>>
>>34525387
>bumped max TIS for a MSgt down to 24 years.
What E- is Msgt?
>>34525463
Theres nothing wrong with being stupid, the problem si when you act like you aren't.
First off nig when youre in port you don't live on the boat.
Second when youre deployed its work but loads of fun traveling as well. That's the best part of being on a ship is getting to deploy and see other countries.
Third your pussy mentality is exactly why everyone makes fun of the AF.
Fourth again advancement is much quicker especially if youre in a tough rate and on top of your game. So tahts more money as well plus while at sea you get sea pay which is again more money.
>>
>>34525537
MSgt is E-7.

I know you don't permanently live on the boat, but you do most of the time, and no shit traveling is one of the perks of the Navy... it's probably the main selling point.
The whole boat life does not interest me in the slightest, and the fact that you consider that a "pussy" mentality is very telling.

You basically restated what I said, that you get more money. If all I cared about was money, I would have worked on an oil rig making $180k/yr, and money should never be the reason you join the military.
>>
>>34525702
>but you do most of the time
What do you mean? I just said when you aren't deployed that no you don't.
>no shit traveling is one of the perks of the Navy... it's probably the main selling point.
Doesn't this directly contradict your gripe with living on the ship?

>The whole boat life does not interest me in the slightest, and the fact that you consider that a "pussy" mentality is very telling.
Living on a boat doesn't make you a pussy, complaining about things you know nothing about clearly does though.

> and money should never be the reason you join the military.
according to you. And I'm not implying that's the only reason. What I'm saying is you are over exaggerating ship life as if its the worst thing in the world. What I'm saying is its loads of fun and great experiences plus more money that doesn't hurt.
Your poor reading comprehension is very telling, guessing your asvab wasn't all that high. Tough break buddy.

>MSgt is E-7
IF you aren't E-8 by 16ish years in youre a failure.
>>
>looking to join the marines to do cool shit
>one of the threads here say that marines are only good for being meat shields.

what do?
>>
>>34526072
>looking to join the marines to do cool shit
join the army and be a ranger
>>
>>34525755
>I just said when you aren't deployed that no you don't.
So you do live on the boat most of the time that you're deployed. I'm not sure what the confusion is about, unless you somehow thought I was implying you live on the boat your entire enlistment.
You do live on it for months at a time, which is what I said originally. Ironic that you tried to call me out for "reading comprehension".

>Doesn't this directly contradict your gripe with living on the ship?
Seeing the world is the benefit, living and working on a boat while you do it is the catch. They're not one and the same.

>complaining about things you know nothing about clearly does though
Oh gee, I guess I shouldn't knock the ol' "getting stuffed in a metal box for months with hundreds of men" before I try it.
You should probably taste your feces too, just to make sure you're not missing out. You wouldn't want to be a pussy.

>guessing your asvab wasn't all that high
>IF you aren't E-8 by 16ish years in youre a failure.

Your inability to reconcile slower advancement vs a subjective quality of life would suggest that I probably did score higher than you.

If you wanna play that game, go ahead and post your score.
>>
File: 1406445825132.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1406445825132.gif
363KB, 480x270px
What's the ETA on the Space Corps so I can become a Space Marine?
>>
>>34526098
But anon, Army cammies aren't nearly as /fa/.
>>
>>34526255
Ask trump
>>
>>34526266
Marine uniforms are overrated as fuck
>>
>>34526132
>So you do live on the boat most of the time that you're deployed
No shit, just like other branches live in the desert when they deploy. I thought that was so obvious that's why i was confused you pointed it out. Its like saying the navy sucks cause of water.

>living and working on a boat while you do it is the catch
>getting stuffed in a metal box for months with hundreds of men
Again, why are you acting like being on a ship is so bad? Where are you getting this idea from that's its the equivalent of being in hell?

>Your inability to reconcile slower advancement vs a subjective quality
And clearly you don't understand that the faster you advance the faster your quality of life goes through the roof. Once you hit E-6 almost all forms of manual labor end. So fast advancement has a huge impact on quality of life. And having far more money allows you to have more fun outside of work, for example better cars, apartment, vacations and so on.

>If you wanna play that game, go ahead and post your score
I got a 95 buddy boy

>>34526266
>>34526273
The woodland looked good.
>>
>>34526266
The Navy is objectively the most /fa/ out of every branch.
The coast guard is in second place
>>
>>34526273
They're way more effective imo.
>>
>>34526283
Navy dress blues for officers are pretty stylish.
>>
DIGIFLAUG IS DISGUSTING IN EVERY BRANCH
>>
If I'm a hardcore gym rat (5+ days per week) how much muscle will I be expecting to lose in boot camp?
>>
>>34526359

Which boot camp?
>>
>>34526381
USMC
>>
>>34526278
>Again, why are you acting like being on a ship is so bad? Where are you getting this idea from that's its the equivalent of being in hell?
Being on a ship for months at a time sounds terrible to 99% of the population.
>>
>>34526387
I'd be worried about losing brain cells instead of muscle mass
>>
>>34526387

Well, depending on how much you weigh, you can expect to lose about 5 to 15 percent of your weight. Personally, I lost 50 pounds of fat and muscle, but that was because I was a 210 fat kid.
>>
>>34526439
Is the Marine Corps really THAT meatheaded or are you memeing?
>>
>>34526425
>Being on a ship for months at a time sounds terrible to 99% of the population.
And? 99% of people don't want to be navy seals or astronauts either so whats your point? Is mass appeal going to dictate whats good or bad? Also good job ignoring everything else I said cause you know you got no comeback shithead.
>>
>>34526483
>Also good job ignoring everything else I said cause you know you got no comeback shithead.
I'm not even the original guy you replied to, genius. I was just stating my two cents on the matter.
>99% of people don't want to be navy seals or astronauts either so whats your point?
Are you kidding? People would LOVE to say that they're either a SEAL or an astronaut. It's the actual process of becoming one that 99% of people will have a problem with.

Living on a boat sounds fucking terrible. Even compared to a regular deployment. This isn't a knock on the Navy (or whatever the fuck you guys are arguing about) at all. More power to you guys for being able to put up with it. The Navy is absolutely vital in bringing back soldier and Marines home alive.
>>
>>34526554
>I'm not even the original guy you replied to, genius
Calm down genius, its not as if I can tell considering youre an anon

>Living on a boat sounds fucking terrible
I mean its not the ritz carlton or anything but you get used to it very quickly. What sounds so bad???
I loved being on the ocean it was so refreshing. I mean conditions weren't always great but it was definitely exciting and fun on a daily basis. And again like i was saying to that other guy, its insanely worth it cause you get to deploy and see all these other countries and shit. Totally worth it in the long run. I cant imagine a sailor coming back from deployment and having anything but good things to say about it. As long as you hit some ports its always worth it.
>>
>>34526609
>Calm down genius, its not as if I can tell considering youre an anon
Original guy you were replying to was a namefag
>I mean its not the ritz carlton or anything but you get used to it very quickly. What sounds so bad???
For me personally, it's the claustrophobia of knowing that you're stuck on the ship with nowhere to go except where the ship takes you, not even including the tight quarters on some parts of the ships too.

On a side note, the thought of being assigned to a submarine was what made me absolutely sure that I'd never join the Navy. That just sounds like shit.
>>
>>34526714
>Original guy you were replying to was a namefag
ya that's true but tis not a trip so he could've easily not used it. I don't trust anyone on this site dude.

>it's the claustrophobia
weakness
Nah but seriously youd just have to get over it.
>>
Are women on naval ships more self resepcting than army slags?
>>
>>34526801
Did you not feel claustrophobic when you first did your deployments on a ship? I don't think it would be debilitating, but man it just seems terrible. Is seasickness a problem on the ships too?
>>
>>34526844
>Did you not feel claustrophobic when you first did your deployments on a ship?
Not a single bit. That's me though, some people suffer slightly. Just call me a bitch enough and they get over it.

> Is seasickness a problem on the ships too?
Depends on the size of the ship, state of the sea and the individual. I only ever felt bad 1 time and that's when we were in a bad storm and I decided to try some jalapeno popers the cooks made, worst decision ever. Those things tasted worse going down than coming back up.
>>
>>34526817
>are women still women on water
Theyre all lazy sluts.
>>
>>34526924
i saw a post last night i think about some anon saying life is much worse on a coed ship.
>>
>>34526960
That was me haha. I'm bored this month so I'm lurking a lot. Ya my first cruiser was all male except for a few female officers. The 2nd cruiser was integrated and ya it was a shit show. They don't even get along with eachother. The female berthing was fucking way more discussing than the male berthings cause women don't work well together. Everything turns into a bitchy cat fight.
>>
>>34526445
How tall are you?
>>
With all this talk about ships, I have a question: Would life on a ship be easier for someone who is used to spending time inside listening to music, playing videos games and the like? I imagine that most folks who have such an issue with it are more refering to not being able to just go off any do whatever it is you'd like to do in your free time, so I would think that someone who has no problems ocupying themselves indoors would have it easier.

Also, I assume that going greenside as a corpsman means you won't ever get deployed on a ship but instead exclusively alongside marines and wherever they go?
>>
>>34527167

5'8

I'll never learn.
>>
>>34527201
And you had no problems with boot? What were your IST scores going in?
>>
>>34527198
Nah that's got nothing to do with it. I knew tons of people who loved the outdoors and what not and were perfectly fine on a ship and people who were shut ins and went nuts from being surrounded by people al the time. Honestly its case by case basis.
>>
>>34527245
So living on a ship is just one of those things where you'll never really know if it's for you until you try it? Huh.
>>
>>34527311
basically. Honestly are you a cry baby? Do you complain a lot? If stuff gets to you easily then youll probably have a tough time. I never thought about it too much. I just joined and adjusted to ship life quickly same as everyone else. Don't stress about it before it even happens. Ans ships are becoming nicer and easier to live on every upgrade so chacnes are youll be in better living conditions than I was.
>>
>>34527209

Nah. Then again, it's probably because I spend nearly a year in the poolee program. My IST score before leaving for boot camp was around 280, during boot camp I made it to 292 with the PFT.
>>
>>34527340
Nah, I ussually just try to suck up my problems/fix em, complaining never really goes anywhere good. Honestly I dunno how worried I am to the idea of adjusting to sea life, the few times i've been on a boat in my life for an extended period of times I can't ever recall getting seasick. Sinking doesn't seem like something to be worried about so yeah. I just hope that illnesses spreading isn't as much of a problem as i've heard about, i've heard from some navy guys that when someone gets sick on a ship that it's not really uncommon for lots of others to catch it due to the close proximity.
>>
>>34527417
Damn, really? What was your bf%? I'm about 25% and I can't do more than 3 pull ups. Running is nothing too bad, but I can't fucking put out for those.
>>
File: 1498457474434.png (558KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
1498457474434.png
558KB, 680x693px
>>34527591
Youd think people would be sick all the time but honestly I cant remember it being like that.

Are you joining soon? what rates you looking at?
The most important thing is choosing a good rate and then doing all you can in A school to influence you getting stationed somewhere good and hopefully on a cool ship.
>>
>>34527604

I honestly don't know what my bf%. I used to have a lot of problems with pull ups too, but it's just a matter of consistently trying to get better. It took me months to get past 2 pull ups, but once I did my first five in a row, it only took me about a month to get to 15. By boot camp, I could do the full 20.

I suggest you eat a lot of protein and do a lot of shoulder, bicep and tricep exercises. Weighted pushups help too.
>>
>>34527637
Looking to join up when fall hits, until then i've been trying to get in shape and bulk up some, i'm kinda underweight accoring to my bmi.

Main MOS i've been interested in is being a corpsman, a couple years ago when I was in highschool I was pretty good at my first aid class and it was one of the few classes that I feel really clicked with me, along with chemistry and bio. I should probably look at some other rates aswell but I really like the idea of being able to help the people i'm with and all that.
>>
New thread
>>34527771
>>
>>34527781
ill reply in the next thread
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.