[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me not go to jail.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (10KB, 338x149px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 338x149px
Alright guys. I purchased an 8.5 upper from psa on a whim
How do I make this legal.
> michigan laws
> I'm 18 with a registered handgun
> psa budget
>don't wanna go to jail
>>
Don't put it on your lower
>>
>>34512638
Send me your address and the number of dogs you own and I'll help you.
>>
File: 1497656804889.png (287KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1497656804889.png
287KB, 500x397px
>>34512681
You should totally send this guy your info, just to be safe
>>
No idea on your state laws, but generally speaking, the lower needs to be a pistol lower (must have a "brace" instead of a stock). Also, no vertical foregrips, only AFG's or Hand stops.
>>
File: 1490742135558.gif (27KB, 24x20px) Image search: [Google]
1490742135558.gif
27KB, 24x20px
>>34512638
>>
poor pupper.
>>
buy a new, pistol or bare reciever and build a pistol
>>
buy a lower, don't ever attach it to a rifle length barrel or put a stock on it. Attach it to upper.
>puppers saved
>>
Just legally SBR it if your state laws say it's OK. It's a pain and a 200$ tax stamp and a 9 month wait but you'll be able to put whatever stock you want on it.
>>
Literally just shoot yourself and then your dog before you get ATF'd up.
>>
>>34512638
The upper isn't serialized. You don't have a "registered handgun". Either sell it or just hold onto it until you turn 21.

This, btw, is the reason you can't buy stripped lowers until you're 21 (you can buy them with stocks though). You can get a pistol upper online and then put it on a lower.
>>
>>34512638
Prep your ass for the bbc, OP.
>>
File: USconstitutionWeThePeople.jpg (941KB, 1028x684px) Image search: [Google]
USconstitutionWeThePeople.jpg
941KB, 1028x684px
>>34512638
>having a gun
>illegal
What the fuck happened to pic related?
>>
>>34512638
tax stamp and register as handgun. will be about $500+

do not put "stock" on it

your pic is own able without form 4 as is if a handgun.

or

don't register it and only use it on private property/break it down when not in use.
>>
>>34512638
Buy a pistol lower from a private seller. Put the 8.5 upper on the pistol receiver.
Done
>>
How would you ever get caught? Would somebody actually stop you at the range while shooting and report you or are you worried a cop will stop you on your way there?
>>
>>34514383
we need complex, however maneuverable gun laws to incarcerate niggers for trivial shit because they cannot be trusted with firearms or be allowed in general populations.
>>
Op here. Can I have attach it to a pistol lower and have my dad register it as a handgun and then gift it to me. That's what I did with my mil g2. Is it the same?
>>
>>34515350
do you have state specific laws for registering firearms? Federally there is no necessary registration for a homemade gun.
>>
>>34515254
since the constitution doesn't say anything about niggers, why not just make them illegal instead of guns?
>>
You need a pistol lower. If you order the pistol lower from PSA too, then even if the upper arrives first, you can show the ATF that you intend to attach it to a pistol lower.
>>
glue a 30" metal rod to it
>>
U guys are missing the part where he says hes 18. He cant own a handgun until 21.

To OP, just dont build it until your 21.
>>
>>34512734
VFG is ok if your overall length is greater than 26".
>>
You don't need to register as a pistol in MI unless it's <26in OAL. I think an 8.5" barrel should count as a pistol federally but rifle in michigan
>>
>>34512805
No SBRs in Michigan, famalam. Most of our laws are pretty based, not this one tho.
>>
>>34516498
In michigan you can legally own a handgun if it's bought from a private seller or gifted at 18 that's how I got my mil g2. So if I had my dad order a pistol lower and registered it as such and then had it gifted to me would I be able to own it? I think I would but not 100%
>>
>>34516498
He cannot buy a handgun until he is 21. Depending on the state laws, he might be able to own one at 18. I don't believe you can do NFA until 21 and I think Michigan doesn't allow SBRs.

The options are 1) hold onto to the upper until age 21 and put it on a pistol lower or move to a state that allows SBRs and pay the tax, or 2) if Michigan law allows, legally come into possesion of a pistol lower and put the upper and a brace on it with no VFG. The NRA-ILA website has a summary of each state's gun laws. OP should study it.
>>
>>34517521
>with no VFG
VFG is ok on a pistol with an overall length greater than 26".
>>
Noone gives a fuck in Michigan unless you're in the middle of Detroit. I have a relative who is a LEO there and literally does full auto conversions for friends and friends of friends for cash.
>>
>>34512638
Either make a pistol lower or register a rifle lower as an SBR.
>>
Not op but related question, what qualifies a pistol lower?

Is it simply not having ever been registered as a rifle lower, or ever having a rifle stock attached?

In that case could you buy an incomplete lower, put everything on it except for the plastic stock (still have rifle buffer tube) and it is a pistol?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.