[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

demolitions and breaching in infantry maneuver contexts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1497674243043.png (316KB, 528x382px) Image search: [Google]
1497674243043.png
316KB, 528x382px
the Israeli military has this doctrine of 'walking through walls'. where instead of using streets and alleys and doors in urban conflict, they just go point A to point B, blowing holes in their path, thus upsetting the advantages that an opponent engaging in asymmetrical tactics might have.

my question is, how do isreali infantry carry enough fucking explosives to continue on like this for hours, and exactly at what level of cowboy tier demolition are they practicing?

experts at explosive breaching for military, law enforcement, and counter terrorist orgs have a whooole lot of training and experience in order to calculate how much explosives and what kind and how they're used in order to create effect breaches without killing friendlies or hostages/civilians. it's extremely delicate.

i wonder about exactly how feasible this 'walk through walls' urban combat doctrine is in the real world.

http://eipcp.net/transversal/0507/weizman/en/

this is a document explaining the nature of the doctrines development and exercise. but it doesn't really get very technical.

>“This space that you look at, this room that you look at, is nothing but your interpretation of it. Now, you can stretch the boundaries of your interpretation, but not in an unlimited fashion, after all, it must be bound by physics, as it contains buildings and alleys. The question is: how do you interpret the alley?

i mean this is some military-grade art major tier sophistry.

curious what anyone who knows stuff about practical demolitions would think about this.
>>
The Americans started using this tactic in ww2 shortly after Dday. They also used self propelled guns as direct fire to take out buildings that were giving too much resistance. Often the Germans would see the gun setting up on them and surrender before the building was brought down on them. Read the book Concrete Hell, it's a history of urban warfare in the 20th century.

As for carrying charges, they probably have ready made charges fit to the most common type of wall, be it brick or wood frame and dry wall and they just run them up the line in a constant resupply.

One of the other rules they pioneered was a tank will not cross a road until it has been cleared by the infantry.
>>
1.Not only you'll enter to more clusterfucky CQB situations inside that house

2.but you're also blowing up holes in a fucking civvie's house

3.and you're also making a fuckhueg amount of noise and destruction behind making yourself easily trackable and flankable, ogre footsteps

4.you're risking that one of your squaddies would get injured by the explosives (i mean come on, the amount of explosives it takes to blow up a wall, And third world country walls re BRICK and CEMENT, not plywood btw, is far bigger than the amount needed for a door knocker charge)

5.you probably don't even have enough explosives to blow shit up for the entire operation

6.BOI if those guerrillas manage kill you and loot your explosives, you'd in be lots of trouble.

>TLDR just teach those kikes how to slice the pie and walk through alleyways
>>
File: 1459485958142.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px)
1459485958142.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>34510267
>1.Not only you'll enter to more clusterfucky CQB situations inside that house
there won't be a clusterfucky CQB situation if there's no house

>2.but you're also blowing up holes in a fucking civvie's house
kikes don't really care about blowing up pally houses, they probably like doing this too

>3.and you're also making a fuckhueg amount of noise and destruction behind making yourself easily trackable and flankable, ogre footsteps
and also leaving a trail of death and destruction behind you, plus under normal circumstances people don't want to get Megumin'd
shock and awe at its finest

>4.you're risking that one of your squaddies would get injured by the explosives (i mean come on, the amount of explosives it takes to blow up a wall, And third world country walls re BRICK and CEMENT, not plywood btw, is far bigger than the amount needed for a door knocker charge)
fair point but a lot of boom is a lot of boom

>5.you probably don't even have enough explosives to blow shit up for the entire operation
I doubt a small-scale operation would involve going through more than a couple of blocks

>6.BOI if those guerrillas manage kill you and loot your explosives, you'd in be lots of trouble.
you'd be literally too dead to face any consequences
now your friends, those are in deep shit

>>TLDR just teach those kikes how to slice the pie and walk through alleyways
yeah, not making a mess is usually better but I doubt they care about it, especially since a lot of their ordinance is US gibmedats
>>
File: 1498783578878.jpg (112KB, 770x740px) Image search: [Google]
1498783578878.jpg
112KB, 770x740px
>>34510388
>there won't be a clusterfucky CQB situation if there's no house
confirmed for not knowing how explosives work, not reading the OP, never been in a killhouse and being a legitimate retard
>>
>>34510267
>1.Not only you'll enter to more clusterfucky CQB situations inside that house
not if there is no more house
>2.but you're also blowing up holes in a fucking civvie's house
they stop being civvie houses when rockets are being shot from them
>3.and you're also making a fuckhueg amount of noise and destruction behind making yourself easily trackable and flankable, ogre footsteps
implying that this matters in large scale urban warfare when the enemy already knows you are there
>4.you're risking that one of your squaddies would get injured by the explosives (i mean come on, the amount of explosives it takes to blow up a wall, And third world country walls re BRICK and CEMENT, not plywood btw, is far bigger than the amount needed for a door knocker charge)
third world country brink and cement is crap and can generally be taken down with a ballpeen hammer. It's is extremely poor quality and can be blown through with det cord.
>5.you probably don't even have enough explosives to blow shit up for the entire operation
See number 4
>>
>>34510525
>>34510388
i hope you're baiting
>>
File: IMG_0116.gif (984KB, 245x155px)
IMG_0116.gif
984KB, 245x155px
>>34510267
K
>>
>>34510525
>not if there is no more house
read>>34510484, you illiterate baboon.
if you think C4 or det cord blows up an entire house you're a retard
no matter how much explosives you use you won't be able to demolish an entire house (well technically you can but that'll require an xboxhueg amount and you'll have nothing left for the other houses, and plus you'll need to go around setting charges ALL AROUND THE HOUSE to take it down, dumbass)
Second thing OP says they only have to breach a hole and go through it, just a hole in the wall, leaving 80% of the rest of the house intact with all the other walls and rooms, YOU WOULD HAVE TO CLEAR ALL THAT SHIT AND IT WILL SLOW YOU THE FUCK DOWN and risk more casualties as third world houses and bad visibility from smoke after the explosion will be a death sentence to whoever is clearing.

>they stop being civvie houses when rockets are being shot from them
ever heard of COIN dumbass? ever heard of hearts and minds? you want to bomb an entire block because some jihadi sneaked at night and fired a mortar from an apartment?

>implying that this matters in large scale urban warfare when the enemy already knows you are there
They know their general direction but not their exact spot, once they start blowing up shit the insurgents would know which house they're exactly clearing and that's a death sentence for cops because they'd get flanked from behind faster than you can say OY VEY

>third world country brink and cement is crap and can generally be taken down with a ballpeen hammer. It's is extremely poor quality and can be blown through with det cord.
>See number 4
maybe if you live in fucking china.
>>
>>34510066
>i wonder about exactly how feasible this 'walk through walls' urban combat doctrine is in the real world.
>curious what anyone who knows stuff about practical demolitions would think about this.

when mixed with more "normal" tactics its very good
look at city-
see bottlenecks and chokepoints and kill zones in the street map-
pic buildings on map that you wish had a doorway for your infantry to move thru to avoid death traps
MAKE DOORWAYS
> calculate how much explosives and what kind and how they're used in order to create effect breaches without killing friendlies or hostages/civilians
in war zone where tanks and artillery are going off?
collateral damage is expected

>>34510267
>more clusterfucky CQB situations inside that house
what is blast pressure and not caring if you kill everything in the house
>blowing up holes in a fucking civvie's house
already doing that with tanks and artillery
>fuckhueg amount of noise and destruction
artillery...once more
>risking that one of your squaddies would get injured by the explosives
trained troops that know how to use explosives it's not an issue
>don't even have enough explosives
squads path marked out on the map and number of walls counted before they go anywhere
>guerrillas manage kill you and loot your explosives
{see leapfrog covering in infantry tactics}
>>
>>34510609
so many fucking illiterates here
i bet the most powerful explosive you've touched were 4th of july fireworks

>what is blast pressure and not caring if you kill everything in the house
you think houses have the size of a soda can?
you think killing people with explosives is reliable?

>already doing that with tanks and artillery
except tanks can't get killed by AKs and arty is making all hat noise far, faaaar where it's from

>trained troops that know how to use explosives it's not an issue
yeah if you're blowing doors but if you're blowing cement and brick walls you're gonna need a strong ordinance, still a risk in confined spaces.

>{see leapfrog covering in infantry tactics}
if the entire team gets gunned down nobody can cover anything
>>
>>34510652
Not any of those anons but what is your experience again?

You're talking like you're fighting a small insurgent geurilla army not a standing army... And even in that case what makes you think the unformed force in this case wouldn't just bomb/blast a village?... What strategic purpose do you think there is to this.
>calls others illiterate
>cant comprehend a different point of view than his own
Nice.
>>
>>34510728
>You're talking like you're fighting a small insurgent geurilla army not a standing army
yeah that's the fucking point we're talking about israelis here, fighting hamas which is a guerrilla.

if we were fighting a real army then you'd call fire support and some CAS and call it a day

>Not any of those anons but what is your experience again?
i trained with breaching charges against doors and walls in the military academy, third world shithole.
>>
>>34510066
P for Plenty. It's always P for Plenty
>>
>>34510066
The iraqi have also been doing this. I think from their interaction with ISIS breaking down walls to go through house to house. So the Iraqi forces caught on and are doing the same to avoid sniper fire.
>>
>>34510388
what the fuck are you even typing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.