[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1496817172318.jpg (214KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496817172318.jpg
214KB, 1440x900px
Just turned 18 and I'm moving out in August. Any suggestions on which rifle/ shotgun i should get? has to be under $1000. Florida Laws Apply
>>
>>34507631

If ar15 buy everything online and pick what looks good to you

If you don't want an ar15 get a wasr.

If you don't want a semi auto get a Howa
>>
>>34507631
Aero OEM, leaves you $500 to pick out a handguard and stock, irons and/or primary arms/vortex/holosun red dot a couple mags and spend the rest on ammo.
>>
>>34507631
ar 15 and mossman 500
>>
>>34507631
How about you use that money towards your college expenses?
>>
>>34507651
>If you don't want an ar15 get a wasr.

I know, right? Since 2008, when quality improved, I don't get why everyone and his mother still harps on 'em. AK-purists, probably, but still.
>>
>>34507681
College paid for with scholarships and a Pell Grant. Also making 15/h painting
>>
>>34507681
>Assuming he's going to college.

Don't do it, OP; the student loans will bind and grind on you!

Seriously, I heard their debt collectors break thumbs.
>>
>>34507631
Get a FUN long gun and an ultra-practical pistol.
Do NOT get both as a practical item; you WILL get bored quickly.
Try something surplus, or go the Howa route and do long range shooting.
And for with either a CZ-75/clone or a Glock for the pistol.
You can usually balance this out to <$1000 with the right long gun and a used pistol.
>>
>>34507651
Thats baby stuff, he should get a Henry in 45/70. Now thats a mans gun.
>>
>>34507716
Gonna be in State College
>>
>>34507724
Meh, fuck me.
Forgot he was 18, not 21.

Regardless, just get something fun.
Like an AK. Or surplus. Or an ultra-accurate bolt gun.
>>
AR15
>Huge aftermarket for accessories
>Cheap ammo
>Not too heavy of a kick
>If you buy now, you can get in on the tailend of the age of cheap ARs until the next Republican that looks like he's going to lose the presidency actually wins

a .22 rifle of some kind
>Very very cheap ammo
>Great training rifle
>Gives you babby's first steps into the firearms
>Won't bankrupt you to get a good quality rifle

Milsurp (Please do not fuck with what they are)
>Holds value extremely well, despite it being pricey to get into right now (though 1000 dollars is plenty)
>Has a ton of interesting history and personality behind it
>Pricey ammo
Keep in mind that not only will you have to buy a rifle, but you'll have to pay transfer fees, buy ammo and a case for the rifle, buy cleaning supplies, etc.
>>
File: 1497835596676.jpg (121KB, 1035x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1497835596676.jpg
121KB, 1035x1380px
>>34507724
>>34507731

Listen to this, OP

Floridafag also here. I started with a .22 and went into surp a few months later and it was fucking awesome

Don't feel inclined to buy an AR just for practical reasons, despite the low cost it's not that much of a difference these days and god it's so fucking fun to blast a WW1/2 era rifle
>>
You should go .22lr anon. Cheap and easy to use and still reliable enough to be used in home defence, especially because of low recoil and report which makes it even better for protection.
Get a .22 semiauto rifle and a Ruger Mk. III or IV. Should be able to pick up both for pretty cheap, unless you can't purchase a pistol because of cucked law.
>>
>>34507651
>Howa?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.