[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/'s thoughts on Men at Arms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Artorias Greatsword in action.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Artorias Greatsword in action.webm
3MB, 854x480px
tl;dr actual blacksmiths make fictional melee weapons from video games and anime.
>>
Not a swordfag, don't care.

Cool dummy though
>>
>>34506078
Ilya is bae
>>
File: DON RUSE YO WAAAAAAAAAY.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
DON RUSE YO WAAAAAAAAAY.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34506097
They made Predator wrist blades and the Bloodborne cleaver among other non-sword melee weapons too.

>DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
they're all 50lb fantasy swords so I'm not too interested but they actually know what they're doing as smiths so good on em
>>
Pretty cool watching the process of making the weapons. I watched nearly all of them when I used to work overnights.
>>
>>34506078
I wasn't aware that someone could actually look like a huge pussy while swinging one of those
>>
File: Fairy Tale Anime Sword.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy Tale Anime Sword.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34506153
Oh definitely.

Like when they made the Gravity Hammer and two guys had to lift it and drop it on a soda can for a test kek
>>
They had one of the guys at anime expo
>>
i like watching the northmen youtube channel myself anyone know any more youtubes like this
>>
File: Excalibur Finished.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur Finished.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>34506199
It weighs about as much as he does, buddy
>>
>>34506078
They used to be good when all they did was those kinds of videos but they branched out into a bunch of BS nobody cares about and you rarely get anything from the main series anymore.
>>
know the people who work there (kerry in particular)

they know thier craft, but the objects they're making are usually utter shit. the rare occasions they make real weapons, they do them well.
>>
>>34506382
why dont they make the not real weapons good?
>>
>>34506210
Northmen is the shit. No bullshit anime or fantasy crap, just good old fashioned craftsmanship
>>
>>34506078
>not just watching michaelcthulu do this shit
>>
>>34506453
>why dont they make the not real weapons good?

because its physically impossible to make something like the "greatsword" in OP's video clip good.

its 5 times the mass of a real one, its twice as wide, its utterly impractical. there's no way you can make it a good weapon. its polishing a turd.

same goes for stupid giant axes, or zombie killing whatevers.

real weapons are light - far lighter than people think. they're fast, because faster is more dangerous. they're subtle. real swords have delicate little details that idiots making fantasy game designs simply are ignorant of. and as a result, replicating them accurately makes for shit swords.
>>
>>34506078

Seeing them plot 'how the hell are we gonna make this impossible to wield weapon' is more interesting than the final product. Much like the Mythbusters would figure out how to make something that couldn't happen, happen.
>>
>>34506078
what is the purpose of all the bullshit at the bottom of the blade/above the hilt? Just some added weight to rip your rotator cuff?
>>
>>34506753
that sword is not made for humans
>>
>>34506078
>actual blacksmiths
That's going a bit far
>>
Only one guy does any smithing (ilya) the rest are just metal workers.
>>
>was sad because I just finished watching all of forged in fire

Thanks OP
>>
I liked them untill they did captain 'mericas shield, it is absolutely shit
>>
Dudes are smiths having a bit of a giggle and getting paid for being massive nerds.

There are worse things you could be doing
>>
>that WoW Legion series where there make the legendary weapons of Warcraft
Doomhammer was badass. The deep fucking voice of the cosplayer in the demonstration was awesome too.
>>
>>34507154
forgot about forged in fire
shiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.