[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lcp failure to extract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4791.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4791.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I've been having a failure to extract on my ruger lcp every 20 rounds or so. This has happened with multiple brands of ammo and the gun was thoroughly cleaned. Has anyone else had this problem
>>
Are you limp wristing?
>>
>>34505344
Firmly grasp the pistol, walk to the counter and trade it for something that isn't a $200 .380 piece of shit
>>
>>34505358
>>34505410
im not limp wrist. On the recoil the extractor is dragging it down into the gun instead of out. It gets wedged in there pretty good. I am ready to dump the gun.
>>
>>34505344
most sub-compacts are unreliable.
>>
You can contact ruger, i hear they have pretty good customer support
>>
>>34505358
>>34505586
can you give me a visual example of limp wristing? the fuck does this mean
>>
>>34505641
Limp wristing is not resisting the force of the gun when fired. This causes the gun to sort of flop backwards instead of recoil properly. This absorbs a lot of energy and can cause the slide to not slide back all the way, causing failures to feed or failures to extract.
>>
>>34505641

instead of keeping your hand and arm rigid, you move with the gun absorbing the recoil and not allowing the slide/extractor to work properly
>>
>>34505344
Stop expecting TULA to function as well as brass cased shit in an LCP of all things.
I expect tula to perform "flawlessly" in my 9mm P320c, SR9 and P290RS, hardly one problem in several hundreds of rounds. But that's because they arent mouseguns.
Protip:
Don't go from Steel case to brass before cleaning or it will get worse
blow-by crud will increase the chances of jam 100x because the brass will collect the crud in the chamber.
>>
>>34505641
when you fire a semi-auto, if your wrist is limp, (allowing for movement of the gun while cycling) it can inhibit the operation of the slide making a good extraction, ejection, and chambering of the next round.
>>
>>34505693
This makes sense . Thanks. never considered that.
>>
>>34505410
Kek
>>
>>34505693
this. change ammo. mine like magtec .380
>>
>>34505344
>This has happened with multiple brands of ammo
What kinds of ammo, though? Some guns have problems with aluminum and steel case ammo, as is pictured in your image. Steel and aluminum cases have a different coefficient of friction, which can cause issues getting hung up in magazines or feeding. Steel also expands less than brass, which lets the chamber get dirtier than the gun is designed for (since steel casings don't expand enough to fully seal off the chamber), often causing sticky extraction after a little bit of shooting. The issue is really exaggerated when you switch from shooting steel to shooting brass because the steel case ammo would have gotten the chamber dirtier than usual, and when the brass expands more than the steel had been expanding, the result is often sticky extraction.

>>34505641
I doubt that you can induce a limpwrist malfunction on an LCP, they are just too snappy. I wasn't even aware of it until my runt-sized 12 year old step-brother fired my Glock 19 and got constant malfunctions because he couldn't fit his hand around the gun and had to hold it out-of-line with his arm.

Basically, semi-autos function based on the principle that your hand and arm will provide a certain amount of resistance that will push back on the frame, allowing the slide to cycle fully. If your wrist "crumples" under recoil, then the slide won't cycle fully, which can cause the gun to malfunction. Certain guns are easier to induce malfunctions with. I think it has to do with slide velocity under recoil, but I can't explain it any more technically. Glocks and Desert Eagles are susceptible to the issue, but only if the gun is gripped improperly.
>>
File: 1499622607373limpwristing a cz.jpg (162KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499622607373limpwristing a cz.jpg
162KB, 889x500px
>>34505641

Pic related is what it looks like (in freeze-frame) when somebody limpwrists a semi-auto.
>>
>>34505344

poke around rugerforum.net
>>
>>34505410
>firmly grasp the pistol
>walk to the counter
Are you trying to kill OP?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.