[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ recommends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: k_options.png (786KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
k_options.png
786KB, 1155x1155px
I'm trying to decide between a few 9mm pistol options. I've gotten some advice but I haven't heard anyone say they actually owned any of the three options.

I'm replacing a Taurus Millenium G2 with one of three options:

Ruger American compact ($420 after taxes)

Walther PPQ or PPS (PPQ is $560 otd after rebate, PPS Is about $299)

H&K P2000sk (about $530 otd, no rebate)

The P2000sk was lightly used, the others are NIB. I can probably get around $125-150 for the Millenium at trade, Walther has a great rebate going on too, but the PPS is a bit of a downgrade from 12 rounds. The PPQ was a bit pricey, but I loved the trigger. The Ruger American, ergonomically, is pretty similar to my Millenium, which i like.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone has hands-on time with these guns. They would mostly live in the nightstand, but i'd like the OPTION of carrying if I want to. I heard that the Ruger American sits in some people's hands weird, but my hands are a tad smaller than average so i'm not sure if that will exacerbate the issue or not.

Sorry for the potato quality on the P2000 pic, it looked better in the photoeditor.
>>
>>34505108
P2000sk.
>>
>>34505108
P2000 is hammer fired, so it's very different from the other two. You'll have to decide if you want hammer or striker.
As far as the rest, the PPS isn't really that similar to the PPQ. PPQ has an excellent trigger and ergoes, while the PPS is a very thin carry pistol with a typical trigger.
If you don't mind CCing a Glock 19 sized gun with a lighter trigger, the PPQ is my favorite of the bunch. If you need a thin as fuck pistol, go with the PPS. If you want hammer, go with the P2000.

Paddle magazine release is great if the option is available.
>>
>>34505108
get the p2ksk esp. if you get the lem. i own a v3 and it is the best handgun i have ever owned. the trigger has a loose point like 1-2mm of play then the pull is about 8-10lbs somewhere along there [the da.], and the right side slide release is kinda always loose for whatever reason. but it is such a nice gun. i am sold on the hk meme - gonna pick up a fs p2k, as well as the usp family later down the road. but make sure you do not use +p or +p+ and brass only your gun will last you forever.
>>
>>34505108

P2000SK with LEM. It has the best trigger for carry I've ever used. The size is about perfect and the accuracy is excellent. I just wish it could carry another 2-3 rounds but H&K hates capacity.
>>
>>34505327
also, make sure if used it comes with the interchangeable grip, 2 hk mags, also check the buffer on the spring. if it looks yellow or flat and cracked make sure to get a replacement. they are like couple bucks. oh and your regular sights on them don't really need adjustment [you can but they come zeroed and are hard to calibrate.] last thing i can say is if you do not like the mag release, you can upgrade it with a mag extension hk sells em for like 20 bucks. worth it if you have smaller fingers. there are adapter mount kits which are after market and mount on the rail for your little flashlight or laser, etc. other than that really nice gun. would buy again and again. i have put about 4k now through mine zero issues.
>>
>>34505386
>P2000SK LEM
does your trigger have a little bit of play. like do you pull the trigger lightly and it moves back and forth?
>>
>>34505327

skip the regular P2000 and get the P30 or P30L and then get a trigger job. Much better pistol.
>>
>>34505432

no, mine has a consistence even pretravel and then breaks at around 8bs. there is no slack
>>
>>34505412

>buffer

what? the P2000sk does not have a buffer, it has a dual captured recoil spring ala the Glock Gen4s
>>
>>34505480
yes, yes you're right the p2ksk does not have the buffer only the p2k does
>>
>>34505108
p2000 is literally the outdated version of a p30, p30SK being slightly more expensive
>>
>>34505108
I would not get the PPS unless you require a slim, easily concealed pistol. Super short sight radius and the trigger does not stage in a consistent manner due to the striker spring.
>>
>>34505108
PPQ m1 or m2? and if its the m2, get outta your LGS, that shit is not hard to find for 399 after rebate, which after shipping and ffl should put you around 450. The pps is a great carry gun, but comparing it to the ppq is...impossible. Those are the 2 i own out of your list. maybe a pps for carry and 12ga pawnshop special for hd?
>>
>>34505444
will for sure get a p30 as well :)

>>34505461
>slack
hmm should i be concerned? i own the v3 and there is a little bit of slack in da; on sa damn crisp and the reset is very nice as well. i will inquiry hk about this.
>>
>>34505539

you could always find another in a gun store and compare.
>>
>>34505530

gunbuyer has the best price for the PPQ. I've been thinking of getting a navy myself.
>>
>>34505530
i have a shotty and other guns if needed for HD, desu slimness isnt that big an issue to me, i would find a way to make it fit as long as it isnt Xbox huge. PPQ would be a stretch to conceal, but even if i printed a bit nbd since its a rural open carry state.

>>34505524
true, but P30sk is like $900 near me...

>>34505412
good to know about the mag release extender, the stock was a bit awkward.

>>34505327
The trigger was really nice, maybe not PPQ nice, but nice. Does HK not like steel case or +P? I generally use brass or aluminum for practice, literally cheaper than steel at my walmart.

>>34505231
Striker vs the small hammer isnt a big deal to me.

>>34505530
i will have to hunt around then. My LGS was selling the M2 for about $620 pre-rebate. I wonder if they did that knowing customers would go "hurr rebate!". Usually they are good about not fucking people over.
>>
>>34505637
yeah i will do that as well. it doesn't really bother me desu -- haven't had any hiccups
>>
>>34505655
>steel anything
naw dont use even hk says dont use probably nothing will happen but i am just going with what they say and i have yet to run into a failure
>>
>>34505524

The P30sk is also chunkier in the grip by a good margin vs the p2000sk. Nice in the hand for sure but makes it slightly harder to conceal.
>>
>>34505108
>Ruger
Garbage
>Walther
Garbage
>HK
Get that one.
>>
>>34505696
plus
>muh counter terrorists win
>>
>>34505700
why is the walter garbage? man, everyone ether hates walters or loves them no in between
>>
>>34505655
>My LGS was selling the M2 for about $620 pre-rebate
dude..
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/ppq

also 9mm m1, shit

https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppq-m1-9mm-4-barrel-15-round-black-2795400-wal2795400-gb.html
>>
>>34505734
well bend me over and beat my ass with a paddle, thats way better than what i saw
>>
>>34505703
>muh counter terrorists win
But that's not a USP 45 Tactical
>>
jericho for the poverty steel frame life
>>
>>34505108
Let me check that Ruger off the list for you. Don't bother with theirs unless you go with a SR. The PPQ is a much better pistol than the PPS. Those prices are really steep though. Americans are going for $350 and PPQ's are at $400 where I am. 560 for a PPQ is at or above msrp. If you decide on that one the M1/Classic is the better option.

I wish I had a P2k, sorry.
>>
>>34505767

p2000 is in csgo
>>
File: canned ppq.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
canned ppq.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
>>34505654
Do it. Ppqs are fun with cans..

>>34505758
>LGS
color me surprised
>>
>>34505700
Put your trip back on, Muslimbro.
>>
>>34505719

That's just muslimbro. Always says Walther's are toys
>>
I really, really like my Ruger American. There is just something about it. Maybe it's all the metal parts but it shoots so much smoother than my old Smegma 9. On top of that it's a double stack compact.
>>
>>34506087
it shoots better than one of the worst poly handguns ever created.

>>34506042
he has a point. anything from Umarex was made by an airsoft company and will be ass, like the p22
>>
>>34506117
I do wish they'd only keep the Walther name on the P99/PQ/PS/PK. Maybe the PPX or Creed.

But then you'd have to be an idiot marketer to lose all those Umarex sales.
>>
>>34505776
What makes the M1 so much better than M2?

I appreciate all the advice anons
>>
>>34506117
Have you had any trigger time with an American?

Granted my only experiance with poly guns is that, a Glock, and my old SD9.

But hey, I'm not here to judge your decisions. I'm just giving my own personal experience with it. See, I have this thing call "Understanding." I understand that people have different tastes, different feelings and different opinions. Some fags like Glocks. All the more to them. I feel like I've made a good purchase, but fuck me, am I right?
>>
>>34505789
Isn't the USP still in? I barely played GO and only remember having an option for a USP

>>34506233
M1 has a paddle mag release. I personally prefer it to button but ymmv
>>
>>34506233
Euro-style paddle mag release versus Clapistani ambi-button release. People will start holy fucking wars over this, and it boggles my mind.
>>
>>34506233
M1 has a paddle release, M2 has a button. Out side of the M1 sharing P99 that's it.
>>
>>34506267
*sharing P99 mags
>>
>>34506273
No, you had it right. The P99 is a picky bird, and will only share her most delicate internals with the classier PPQ brother.
>>
>>34506266
desu as long as the paddle is decent idc. i just have to learn to either reach it or just swipe down with my left hand as i go for a new mag
>>
>>34505108

i rented both ruger american compact & sr9c

i liked the sr9c better because it recoiled a bit differently, i think because it weighs a few ounces less than the r-a-c

price is same where i'm at both about $430

s9c has the metal bits molded into polymer the r-a-c has the newer chassis design

look at galloway precision for springs guide rods i have their stuff for lc380

hint - get the ruger spend the saved $$ on ammo

totally forget the taurus it is shit-tier compared to others
>>
File: P2K.png (2MB, 730x974px) Image search: [Google]
P2K.png
2MB, 730x974px
>>34505108
P2k all day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Walther, they have great ergos and a fantastic trigger, but I love my P2k and I'm sure you'd love theP2ksk.

Plus, it's HK. Kraut magic, nigger.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.