[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Semi Auto Hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Semi Auto hunting.jpg (311KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Semi Auto hunting.jpg
311KB, 2048x1365px
I come to /k/ looking for help. Some of you probably know that hunting with semi autos for non big game animals was recently legalized in PA. I have lots of friends and family that buy into the "woods will become a warzone" fuddlore, so I'm trying to put together a report showing rates of hunting accident along with years when semi auto hunting was legalized in other states, but can't find years for the legalization. Can any of you guys direct me on where to find these years for when the laws were enacted?
>>
It would be ten times easier to ignore them and let them think stupid shit.

bumping nonetheless
>>
A double barrel shotgun is semi-auto for the second shot.

A drilling is semi-auto for second and third.

A revolver carbine is semi-auto for a cylinder's worth.
>>
>>34502959
Literally a non issue.
>>
>>34502959
Would a PA-10 make a decent hunting rifle?

I really like the weight and balance. More so than my PTR. Plus it has a treated barrel and BCG.
>>
>>34503122
you don't even need the 10 if it's deer. if you trust the accuracy, it's more than fine
>>
Not an issue. Hasn't been since the Remington Model 8 was introduced (My dad has an 81 in .35).
>>
>>34503122
I don't see why it wouldn't. .308 is big enough to take down most of what you would be hunting in the US
>>
>>34502959
To be honest, they are partially right. There will be "that guy" who mag dumps on a deer.

Semi-auto has been legal in Wisconsin for, well, since before I started hunting and every year without fail I hear several mag dumps. It comes from the same few properties every year.
But like everyone else says, its more or less a non-issue as it only makes me think "that asshole needs to learn to shoot!"
>>
>>34506004
could it be hogs and not deer?
>>
>>34506088
No, its Wisconsin not Texas.
>>
File: DSC_0019 (2).jpg (2MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0019 (2).jpg
2MB, 3872x2592px
>>34502959
This is what ill be using for yip.
>ptr32
Need a scope.
>>
using any gun besides a single shot kinda ruins the fun of hunting for me.
>>
>>34502959
I'm assuming there's still going to be magazine restrictions while hunting, (3 rounds is common) which means you'll probably only be able to fire off one more round without manipulating the action than you would be able to with a double barrel.
>>
Semi auto have been commonly used in hunting for decades. Takes the woodsmaster for example. That being said I hunt with my PTR because it is semiautomatic. I hunt alone for the most part and ran into too many moose/bear/cougars to be comfortable with a bolt gun. So far it has been great. Last two years have been great. One in the heart and the other in the head (positioning left a kill it or miss it opportunity).
>>
>>34506004
Maybe they're unloading into a pack of 'yotes.
>>
>>34506288
Sounds like a personal problem.
>>
File: TtL2eW3.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
TtL2eW3.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
What about hunting with a garand?

Of a fn fal
>>
Most states don't have any restrictions against semi-autos for hunting, anon. Even California doesn't, so long as it's legally possessed (and using lead free ammo) you can hunt with it. Got a Glock 20 you want to use for Elk with pre-ban mags? Go nuts.
>>
>>34507991
>hunting with a garand?
30-06 will kill damn near anything on the planet.

Just make sure you use a proper gas plug/regulator
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.