[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ccw for smol femal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 3701.jpg (25KB, 380x279px) Image search: [Google]
3701.jpg
25KB, 380x279px
So /k/ Im looking to buy my girl friend something that would be easy for her to carry. Being that she is like 5 feet tall and 95lbs. Im leaning towards the LCP. Are there any other options I should look into that are around $300 or less?
>>
>>34500935
Women are shit with guns, unless she goes out to get her own you are not helping by giving her one

Situational awareness is the only real protection women need
>>
Ive been working on it with her and she is getting better. Being that I can go up to my mom's property and shoot whenever she will be getting plenty of practice with it.
>>
>>34500952
This man gets it. Giving a female any kind of self protection will only cause greater harm to her.
It's your duty to teach her how not to attract the attention of people who want to harm her
>>
>>34500935

forget the LCP

look at LCP2 better trigger slightly larger somewhat less recoil

$300 is stretching it how will y'all afford ammo to practice ?

try renting a few small 9m it is $$ well spent

otherwise maybe used 38cal revolver ?

recoil i'm guessing will be #1 issue and she has to decide how much it hurts & will she practice

those teeny 22s ? keltec 32 ?

good luck\
>>
>>34500952
> you are not helping by giving her one
SHALL
>>
>>34501095
I dont feel those little 22's are enough, not a huge fan of keltec either. Ammo isnt a problem I have plenty. She will practice, she enjoys shooting.
>>
>>34500935
Get a used s&w 442 or 642

Load it with standard pressure 110 FTX, less recoil with fairly reliable expansion and good penetration

Never look back.

A 38 snub has less recoil, simpler to operate, less susceptible to poor maintenance caused malfunctions, and are overall more reliable. There are a bevy of grip options for you ladyfriend, std pressure 38 is cheap to practice with. 380 HPs don't expand or penetrate sufficiently

>inb4 much precision one
Those XTPs failed to penetrate in a recent test.
>>
>>34501095
Agreed. Maybe the LCP2, or go to another model/brand. Under no circumstances should you get her an LCP (original)...it'll probably make her hate shooting so much she'll never voluntarily do it again, and will shy away from using the gun when she needs it. Someone at Ruger needs an ass-whoopin' for letting that piece of shit go to market.
>>
>>34500935
Make her waifu first - then spend monies.
>>
Small guns are NOT easy to shoot well without a ton of practice and they are not fun to shoot making that practice suck balls. Smallest I would go for a total noob is something around the size of the single stack glocks, LC9S, PPS etc...
>>
>>34500935
Or .357 snubby and just use 38s in it.
>>
>>34500935
$300 is a hard range to get something to fit into. The shields are good shooters, They're 9mm and can be found easily for $350, maybe less if you shop around online.

I love shooting the 380 but it's still an underpowered cartridge for self defense. Go with the LCP II if you do get one, though. Otherwise, getting a good 9mm is a safe bet.

Why not take her to a range and let her rent a few guns, and let her see what she likes?
>>
File: e59.jpg (68KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
e59.jpg
68KB, 600x737px
>>34501518

Why a LCPII over a Bodyguard?
>>
>>34500952
>>34501091
>manlets acting insecure because most women probably shoot better than them
>>
used LC9S, less shit version of LCP
>>
>>34500935
A revolver.

She will never know how to reload or operate a slide. She will never clear malfunctions and will limp wrist most pocket guns.

A DAO revolver with low pressure rounds will be the best option for the average woman.
>>
>>34501982
>Women are completely incapable of working a gun
Bullshit, but if OP is pressing one on her when she has no interest this is probably true, and she won't care enough to practice or become competent with any firearm, and it will be a liability and talisman more than a properly applied tool she is proficient with.

Honestly if she's not independently interested enough to learn how to use a gun, when it's use is appropriate, and how to carry safely and competently OP shouldn't insist that she have one.
>>
File: 4829_1134365523505_5894418_n.jpg (23KB, 374x250px) Image search: [Google]
4829_1134365523505_5894418_n.jpg
23KB, 374x250px
>>34502044

My FRIEND (a FEMALE) has her CCW and she gets moist shooting my CZs. Now that I think about it, most of the women I work with have their CCWs.
>>
File: IMG_0937.jpg (72KB, 828x724px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0937.jpg
72KB, 828x724px
Honestly, I can't think of a better choice than either the G42 or, of willing to train for thumb safety, the sig p238.

Yep, they are a bit bigger/chunkier than say an Lcp or bodyguard, but that extra heft does you a huge favor in terms of recoil. The G42 is one of the softest shooting center fire guns out there. It's big enough to get a full grip with a mag extension as well. I used to hate shooting my lcr snub .38 but the Glock is a joy to shoot.

If you need something smaller, get the keltec p32. Lcp is simply too small for the .380. A shootable.32 beats a snappy .380 IMO. Hell, a snub in .22lr or .22 mag is better than a .38 if you can't handle the recoil

LCP2 vs G42 size
>>
My 110lb asian ex girlfriend carries a Walther PPK/S from interarms and loves it.

Gotta admit, it feels damn good in the hand and recoil is nice.
>>
>Have wife
>Both of us have PTC/CCW
>She never carries, only shoots like 50 rounds at the range occasionally
>>
File: CAM00467.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00467.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>34503109
I carried a mak as a poor college student. No girl I was with could ever rack the slide. It does have an extra power spring so that's probably why.
>>
>>34500935

If your gf can rack the slide and isn't scared of a slide release, skip the LCP and find a similar 380. If 9mm is "too harsh" then get a used 22lr revolver. I've been going through this shit with another girl for months and am ready to give up. She can shoot fine and is the one that came to me for help, but if I hear "but I don't want to ___" again I'm pushing her down the stairs.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.