[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steyr M9 - M40

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Sup /k/.
Looking a Steyr M9 or M40. Redpill on why I do or don't want one.
It would be a plinker/IDPA gun/occasional carry piece.
>>
Lack of aftermarket accessories is what's personally making me drag my feet.

Love everything about it, but I like handguns that if I say want to drop in a flat trigger or fuck around with a red dot, it's nice and easy... basically that means glock or sig 320 right now.
>>
>>34500686
it is sex. buy.
>>
>>34500686
Make sure you get a Gen 4

Other than that' it's perfect.
>>
>>34500686
These are cool guns. Make sure you just go ahead and buy a new one which is 4th gen. I think. They can be had new for like 400 bucks. They feel good in the hand, have a weird triangle-pointy sights. I abuse the fuck out of mine: use +p+, steel cased, etc. No issues. Never even cleaned it after 700 rounds still going strong... lack of aftermarket is stupid reason not to own one
>>
>>34502717
Not when you routinely make various modifications to your funs and don't want to go to a machinist to get done what you could have bought for $20.
>>
>>34503476
But you don't have to change anything if it's perfect already
>>
the sights don't lend themselves to precision
the trigger reset is light af compared to a Glock
I got an M9A1 for novelty and speshul snowflake reasons
>>
>>34500686
>.357 Sig for Ultimate Snowflake
>>
File: austrian6.jpg (10KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
austrian6.jpg
10KB, 400x302px
>>34503768
Trapezoidal sights are fucky but point nice
>>
>>34500686
I've an M40 and haven't had any issue with it. Grip angle and bore axis were key for me, and fits my hands, perfectly. Extractor claw was a little too stiff, at first, so ensure you clean out its retaining-pin channel. Make sure you get quality ammo for it, though, whichever caliber you choose.

Be advised, however: magazines are steel bodied, and standard-cap ones (M9: fifteen, M40: twelve) cost approximately $30+ a piece.

>.40S&W

I know, I know.
FITE ME!!
>>
File: my daily carry.png (2MB, 865x968px) Image search: [Google]
my daily carry.png
2MB, 865x968px
>>34504281

>plebs payign more than 20 for this

you dont need to be a richfag anon

https://www.cdnnsports.com/m40-40-12rd-org-factory.html

I too have the .40 problem solver
>>
>>34500686
In my opinion.

Better than a glock in every way except for the aftermarket.

I don't own one yet, but I ran one of my friends at the range and here's how I feel:

The gun feels so natural to draw and shoot. It's a nice fitting gun in your hands.
It's as reliable as anything I guess. Ran steel cased 9mm fine.
The sights are weird to get used to. But once I got the hang of it I was doing pretty well. Not exactly precision sights. However in my opinion nice sights.
Recoil is like nothing, I don't really believe the bore axis meme. But I think the angle of the grip really makes it nice to reaquire target.

Dunno how good of a carry gun it would be, but honestly broke my stigma against plastic striker guns. Plus at 599, it's cheaper than a glock. Down side is aftermarket of course. But after playing with it, I'm probably gonna buy it soon.
>>
I bought one awhile back and I highly recommend it. The sights can take time to get used to, but personally, I am faster and a lot more accurate with it than I am with any other pistol.

The only issue it has ever given me was about two years ago I was at the range and had a stove pipe that was easy cleared. Other then that, six years, few thousand rounds and I still love shooting it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.