[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A REDO of last nights thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1402811704579.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402811704579.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm bored and figured this could be a fun idea I work at a Walmart and am a non salaried associate in sporting goods, I'm free to answer any questions including why most people you encounter working at your local store are fuck ups, and knowing the return of ARs and other tidbits.

AR platforms are coming into most to all stores that carry rifles and shotguns including companies like colt dpms sig and more I got some vendors I gotta contact for specific dates but our gun of the month program starts in August which is going to be a gun that comes with attachments and shit tier goodies for a discounted price each month every store will get a few to sell.

To answer why . 22 ammo isn't being stocked anymore, our headquarters has decided that some stores sell either to much and to frequently that we lose sales on other types of ammo but case wise 22 only comes in large shipments so they cut it from our line. I am spreading word to North around stores and found a way to start getting it back but cci won't be sending any so you'll have to deal with Remington and whatever federal sends the drawback is a halt on ammon that don't sell at Walmart like 22 250 and small handgun rounds or unique rounds.
>>
>>34500517
>work at a Walmart
>and am a non salaried
No shit
>>
>>34500530
You can work for wal-mart and be salaried I was department manager and coordination instructor which is a shit tier teacher, but stepped down when moving to a new store. 11.50/h to sell guns to old people I don't complain.
>>
>>34500544
You seem like a decent enough fellow, what went wrong in your life and left you working at Wal-Mart? Well, for as much as I can tell you seem to have a glass half full attitude about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
I was cap 2 senpai, my store has the weirdest set up gun wise, like I think total 13 in stock, which doesn't make sense as the area is huge into hunting, also ammo selection is mediocre here at best.
>>
>>34500575
Honestly It was a first job for me in high school. I started as a cart pusher and after the summer was over they brought me inside and noticed how well I worked and communicated with associates and customers alike. After showing more balls and knowledge of the "hard lines area" (Sporting paint hardware automotive) they put me as a paint mixer and then I started teaching and assisting at Sporting and teaching the girls and guy about differences in ammo and firearms and other things, managers took notice and paid me officially for it and then I quit for awhile. I got a better job and better pay and had the time of my life being a full time forklift driver. But fate intervened and I got laid off with a couple other guys and got rehired at Walmart as a sporting goods associate and here I am today.
>>
>>34500691
My store has a knife shortage due to you cap 2 fucks haha, break packs don't mean to literally break the things on your knees. But it's possible they have a floor limit. ATF can dictate how many firearms you have out if events like a theft or something has occurred.
>>
>>34500517
where do you work?
>>
>>34500693
Ahhhh man sorry for giving you shit. You just seemed like you were better than being a WalMart employee by reading your posts.

Well I really admire your attitude and your drive to keep working. Something good will come around for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 499x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 499x374px
>>34500706
I'll be honest usually it ain't cap 2s fault entirely, we are almost always short staffed like 8 out 12 people show up, most new hires cause people quit so fucking fast, and from the two stores I worked at, both cap 2 spots, managers are just not good at organizing, supervisors tend to be alright tho, and maybe that's why they don't have stuff, also we got a shortage of knife here, fuck tons of tents tho, idk why.
>>
>>34500714
Walmart in North Carolina near fortbragg won't give store number cause Muh' Safety. Pretty sure I have met some /k/ommandos at the store however, I get alot of the youtube gun channel shirt people and alot of people
buying 7.62x54r and if you own a nugget and aren't at least lurking here you're doing it wrong.

>>34500721
Thanks I appreciate it I sorry I came off any different, I honestly have a passion for working sporting goods, really its the firearms that I have a passion for, I want to go to school to become a gunsmith but due to recent car issues and life, classes are to pricey near me.

>>34500736
Well it can also be due to your local distribution center, ours had a Union fit and 40 people got fired and they keep over filling trucks with random shit to get it out of warehouse, we got 10 pallets of pools the other day and a pallet of dog food and that's all that was on truck.
>>
>>34500752
My favorite was a trucked filled with exactly 38 air conditioners, I don't think we have sold through them yet, either way I don't buy my ammo from store, selection being what it is and all.
>>
>>34500777
Well they dont tell associate much but buying from your store doe affect your bonus in the long run, and your discount works on ammo and some firearms. but depending on what you need ammo wise always buy bulk online its cheaper in longrun.
>>
Hey OP, Gander Mountain employee here. A friend of mine works right next to the sporting goods dept at my local walmart and says they literally have no one in SG and are desperate. Would you recommend applying? Daily duties? Hardships?

It seems like a piece of cake job honestly. 2-3 aisles worth of sport stuff and camping gear, and a half empty gun rack with 3 .22s, and 5 shotguns. At gander we had several hundred firearms and aisles of ammo and product and I was paid on commission.
>>
>>34500863
I will break it down as best as I can.
I do and do not recommend it compared to where you currently are.
Duties as an associate are simple Zone which is straighten up aisles and shit, and clean case glass and dust guns if they sit for to long, and do your best to impress. You also have to be ready to listen to old people stories and get your returns most stores leave them upfront and make you come get them over the course of the day. For a department manager there you have to worry about changing prices and everything the associates do you need to know how to do so you can assist in free time.
Its a pain in the ass if your management doesn't trust you but once you make some possibly hard choices that work out you wil; get their trust. For me it was going past our home office .22 ban and doing what I stated I did with the 22-250s I put my job on the line and became more profitable. Also be ready to have to deal with stupid fucking associates that come over and little blakc kids that are like "hu hu dindu it buh buh hol up theyz some skateboards on the floor" depends on area go in and for a day just walk around and listen to the page outs and watch the sporting goods department and converse with associates aswell. My store is rough but I am slowly making it a dream in the back.
>>
>>34500940
Well the reason I ask is that I no longer work at Gander. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and couldn't work, and since we're closing in a month I gave my 2 weeks notice while in the hospital. Now I'm ready to come back to the work force.

Every time I've gone there there's no associates in that department though in walmart. Honestly the job of the managers is what we did every day in Gander except ordering ammo or firearms. That's something only our managers were allowed to do. Otherwise I dealt with that stuff every minute of Gander. My store isn't rough, but I mean it's walmart, I'm expecting nignogs and rednecks just like I did at Gander. There's good people and shitty people. But it seems I'll have less duties there than I'm used to, what do you do to pass the time?
>>
>>34500995
Honestly I don't take my 15 mintue breaks I just spend 15 mintues contacting vendors and shit, and technically our upper management is only allowed to but I kinda took a risk on that and will continue to. But do you live in NC because our gander is closing due to Academy Sports taking the comp. But zoning and BSing takes up alot of time.
>>
AP Manager checking in. Federal .22 no longer has a spot on mod, so I'm guessing we wont be seeing it anytime soon. We did however recently drop the purchase limotations. Gougers are having a hard time buying it up with the standard price increase. I can't comment on seeing modern sporting rifles coming back into stores, after all Wal-Mart would rather stay out from the political radar, especially when another school shooting happens, the last thing we want is for the soccer moms to point their finger at us. Also, everything is Cap 2's fault, without exception.
>>
>>34501102
.22 Period is being dropped mod wise I am contacting every store near me thats under my home office and telling them how to get it back raskily, but the modern rifles wont start time honestly any day but the "gun of the Month" starts in august and will be a Sig M400 with a "Tacticool stock" and a laser and Prismatic "acog" style sight. And its a split 50/50 cap2/cap3. Which for non warkers lemme explain.

Cap 1 stocks and zones grocery and other departments depending on staffing. These guys are Christians.
Cap 2 zones and prepares for truck to drop off freight for overnight stock(These guys are like Jews.
Cap 3 Stocks and zones our GM, general merchandise and depending on staffing will zone grocery till Cap 1 arrives. These guys are Mormons.

>AP Manager thanks for making my job 20x more annoying by making me spiderwrap fishing poles. Including the ones without reels.
>>
>>34501162
I just have my sporting goods associates place them on locking hooks. Spider wire is to easy to disarm. Something must be off in your area but our department managers can confirm for my region, .22 isnt going anywhere, could be just your region/market. Our order catalog still has modern sporting rifles available to order, but we rarely get people that ask. Most customers assume we only carry what's on the shelf.
>>
>>34501094
No I'm Ohio. Our store is actually the last one staying open. We filed for bankruptcy and were bought out by Camping World across the U.S. Not sure why your Gander is saying they got beat out competition wise by one specific store. The entire store chain is closing due to unproductive stores and bad logistics planning (ie: stores in texas and our warehouses in east coast. We LOST money sending them product). We were just a lucky one due to our profits and productivity. Combined with our size, we'll be one of the last stores open until September.

But if you're technically not allowed, wouldn't a big chain like Wal-Mart lose it's shit over something like that?
>>
>>34501206
Are region doesn't allow special ordering firearms. And you put fishing poles on locking pegs?
>>
>>34501661
The more expensive reels, we don't spider wrap poles.
>>
>>34501802
See my store does the reels we do a mix of locking and spider depends if its blister pack or not, but they have been making us do the poles.
>>
>>34500736
I was a cap 2 super in CT for a year and a half, I was lucky to have 3 to 4 people a night. Had to do most of the work myself cause they were lazy fuckups
>>
>>34500517
Personal shopper here, but because my store's PUT is slow, I spend most of my time in hardlines acting like a mini, less respected support manager. Plus we're going through our remodel.
>>
>>34500752
Cool, I'm s2s. Close to Raleigh.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.