[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>34498979 2/2 Now you wait for 2 months for the Police

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 19

>>34498979
2/2

Now you wait for 2 months for the Police to verify everything. During this time an officer will come to your house and verify that the gun safe is properly mounted to a wall, and that is is in compliance with the law.

After you get the authorization, you have 90 days to use that authorization to buy a gun. If you don't buy a gun during this period and don't have a very good reason why you didn't buy a gun, you must restart the whole process.

After you buy the gun, you have 5 days to take it to the Police where you will leave it for up to two weeks. During this time they will inspect it, test it, run the serial number, register it, make sure it is in compliance with the law.

After this two weeks, they will give you back the gun and the concealed carry license for a less than lethal firearm for self defense. The license must be renewed every 5 years.
Now, with this license, you go back to the store and are allowed to buy 25 cartridges. You are not allowed to have more than 25 cartridges per gun, and you are only allowed to own two guns for self defense.

The most powerful self defense gun available in Romania is the Grand Power T12 caliber 10x28 which has about 150 Joules muzzle velocity (9mm muzzle velocity is around 520 Joules) and costs about $800. A 10x28 rubber bullet cartridge costs about $1.

Other fun facts:
>You are not allowed to load your magazine with more than 12 cartridges.
>You are not allowed to carry your gun with a round chambered.
>You are not allowed to carry your gun without the safety on.

TL;DR: Gun laws in Romania are tough. The process of acquiring a less than lethal firearm which shoots rubber bullet cartridges takes almost 3 months. A less than lethal gun costs $800.
>>
File: Homer.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
Homer.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>34498979
>>34498981
All this may be true, but you guys decriminalized incest, so you have that going for you.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2MB, 1218x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2MB, 1218x1600px
>>34498989

Taxes on moonshine have also been lowered, that's something.
>>
File: 1475422598771.jpg (72KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1475422598771.jpg
72KB, 604x453px
>>34498979
UK here
> No criminal record required
> £88 for firearms permit first, then £62 annually
> £79.50 for shotgun permit first time, then £49 annually
> Have to give medical reports for past 10 years to police
> either have to have your own land or belong to club in order to sign on
> Self defence is not a reason to own firearms (unless you live in Northern ireland)
> In northern ireland you can get pistols and Open carry is permitted
> Mainland UK Open carry is common in rural areas, and some pubs will have gun racks
> You must store weapon, bolt and ammo separately
> Storage is usually inspected by local firearms officer annually
> You don't require any permit to own ammo, but some stores reserve the right to not sell it unless you have one, but you are required to have a permit to store it
> If you want to buy "obsolete" and "antique" weapons you can buy them online and ship them straight to your home, no questions asked, no permits required
> "antique and obsolete" firearms include schmidt rubins and martini Henrys (despite still being stored by the millions by the MOD for war emergency)
> Illegal owned firearms are common, but are rarely used in crimes (AR180s, AR18s, STENs and sterlings are common as someone stole the tooling when sterling went defunct)
> Out of almost mutual respect police and criminals don't carry weapons
> Britain has the 9th lowest gun homicide rate globally
> You can own any calibre you want, going up to 120mm tank guns as they're technically "Single shot rifles"
> Shotgun certificates are limited to a 2+1 capacity (so either a double barrel or a pump or semi with a pinned tube)
> No limit on ammo capacity if you have a firearms permit with that
> Semi auto rifles are generally only allowed in 22LR
> You can only fire slugs out of shotguns if you have a firearm permit
> Saiga 12s with drums and slugs are pretty common if you have both
1/2
>>
>>34499005
despite going to a romanian heavy church i still cannot comprehend anything you guys do
>>
>>34499225
I'm surprised Northern Ireland isn't still bombing you.
>>
>>34499225
>someone stole the tooling when sterling went defunct
>someone
come on now, we all know who
>>
>>34498979
>Philippines
I have no idea at all. Considering I don't see that much guns around though, I'd imagine it's pretty hard to get a permit. I also remember one of my friends talking about guns, and told me a glock costs like $1k.
>>
>>34499225

At least you can (eventually) own a lethal firearm (boolet).

There is no way in hell you can get one here unless you're a bigshot diplomat or you're in the police/military.
>>
>>34498979
>walk into gun shop
>say I want this gun
>walk around for 10 minutes while they run background check
>grab a couple of boxes of ammo
>"okay you're all set"
>pay
>walk out the door with my new gun
>>
>>34499225
The MOD is storing Martinis for war?
For fucking what, incase the zulus invade and your queen wants some fucking line fire?
>>
File: 1485666270043.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1485666270043.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>34498979
I live in Australia.
>>
Singapore.
>complete ban on private possession of firearms

>>34499307
You have it easy
>>
File: Drapeau français.jpg (3KB, 306x204px) Image search: [Google]
Drapeau français.jpg
3KB, 306x204px
France's in the place

>At least 18
>Four categories of shooting rods; A, B, C and D.
>D is freely buyable as long as you are 18; black powder, air under a certain power, archery, and neutralized weaponry
>C is hunting/plinking. At least 18, a shooting/hunting license and a membership in a shooting club. Most manual shotguns, their ammunition, .22s, and more powerful air rifles.
>B is defense/no sporting purpose. Semi auto shotguns/rifles, every handguns (up to 30 rounders for long arms, 20 rounders for handguns). You need to make a demand at the prefecture (the regional government representation, to make it simple), and you pass a mental health test. You also need to have owned guns (thus, all the C category requisites) for three years, and they typically refuse if you have a criminal past.
>A is full auto, artillery, magazines with more capacity than the aforementioned limits, and things bigger, but not including, .50 BM, along with anything protecting from combat gases.

So, France is far from the noguns country most foreigners thinks. Here, anybody at least 18 with nothing on his past can fill some paperwork, get his memberships (typically around a hundred bucks per year) and get his shotgun.

The laws still have pretty stupid bits, though. All handgun rounds are categorized B-class, while carbines shooting them are C-Class. So if you want to get a Winchester reproduction in .357 or .44, well you can get it with a C-permit but you need a B-permit for the ammo.
Plus, many politicians and common folks are kind of hoplophobes, so they constantly threatens our rights. Fortunately, we have a strong nation-wide shooter's association, and they really defend us. Don't forget, it's the UE second most armed country.

Well, that kind of sum it up.
>>
>>34498979
>>34498981

>do all this shit that I didn't bother to read
>get shot by a gypsy who didn't bother to do any of that shit
>>
>>34499329

>get shot by a gypsy

Yeah, with an illegally purchased rubber bullet shooter.
>>
>>34499225
2/2

> Semi and fully automatic rifles, pistols can only be obtained if you have genuine need for them collector/genuine self defence
> Gun community is pretty tight knit here

May as well tell a story
> Shooting with friend in field
> Woman with funny accent starts screaming at us
> Get call from local firearms officer
> "Hi mate Are you shooting on anons field?"
> "Yes sir want to come?"
>" No i'm working right now, some other time perhaps, Just checking, we got a call out to that field from some woman with funny accent about two people with guns in her rear garden, but i know the adress backs out onto your fields, i'll cancel the call out"
> "Ok then"
>" Have fun chaps, have a good shoot"
> "Bye Collin"
She didn't know guns were illegal in this country, was from sweden or some shit like that,

>>34499252
Eddie blundell is a "legitimate" "businessman" and his "security" company is 100% "legit".

Any links to the former criminal group known as "the essex boys" are non existent and no proof exists of his links to the murders of "the essex boys" during the so called "rettenden farm murders" also known as "Range Rover murders or Essex murders". Besides whoever committed said murders did the county a favour, as there hasn't been a gang related murder since.

I am not saying this because i'm a good friend of his grandson Paul.

>>34499276
Its generally only country boys, if you live in a city its not worth the time

>>34499296
its better than nothing, They still keep Lee enfields, Brens, L4s, carl gustavs, wombats and L1a1s too, i imagine they'll auction the martinis when the '80 is retired as they're running out of space. They still keep some jaguars, Tornaado F3s, and harriers around
>>
>>34499334
>>34498981
>rubber bullet cartridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uX94S7_DKY
>>
File: kiwidrinkin.jpg (21KB, 300x381px) Image search: [Google]
kiwidrinkin.jpg
21KB, 300x381px
>>34498979

NZ is alright once you've jumped through the hoops..

>Apply for license, pay ~$200
>Pass criminal history check and mental health check.
>Police rep interviews you and two referees, one family, one not.
>Install safe/adequately secured container into house.
>Have police verify adequate storage setup.
>Go to seminar at cop shop, sit through outdated safety videos, listen to instructor.
>Answer at least 27/30 on a test, with at least 7 questions being automatic fail.

If successful;
>Get license
>Go to gun store
>???
>Profit

Can't carry for self defense, and there are several categories of endorsement depending on firearm, standard A-cat allows you to have shotguns and rifles in 'sporting configuration' -
requiring semi autos to use only magazines of 7 rounds or less.

A B-cat pistol endorsement requires pistol club membership with a minimum amount of participation required to maintain it.

E-cat for scurry military assault weapons -requires added security and a 'legitimate reason'

Things like anti-aircraft guns and full-autos require a C-cat collectors license, which also means you can only legally use them with blanks, for theatrics or re-enactments.

There are also other endorsements for manufacturers and gun stores, but they're not really relevant to private ownership.

Shits expensive here though, and importing can be a bitch.
>>
>>34499344
50.5x406mm aren't available here.
>>
>>34499247
For what reason? Loyalists are still the majority with the lowest loyalist area being 50% loyalist.
For separatists the highest support they can get is 41%
For comparison the highest loyalist area is 77% loyalist
>>
>>34498979
These morons are entirely aware that at typical self-defense pistol ranges, even that low of a round velocity is going to FUCK someone up, and if you mag dump and ping someone in the eyesocket or something they will probably die. RIght?
>>
>>34499371
I mean, with the rubber and all, the concept of rubber bullet only gun is retarded.
>>
>>34499371

You also have to notify the police every time you DRAW your gun, so...
>>
>>34499371
>>34499375
I think early morning is making me retarded, and making my posts sound like an asshole.

What happens Romanian-anon if you actually manage to kill an attacker with your toy gun?
>>
>>34499383
>What happens Romanian-anon if you actually manage to kill an attacker with your toy gun?

You go to jail. Self-defense force must be equivalent to attacker force.

Eg:
>If he comes at you with a knife and you shoot him you go to jail.
>If he comes at you with an RPG and you shoot him you're OK-ish (you still go to jail, but the sentence is reduced)
>>
England's laws fucking suck
>>
>>34499407
>>
>>34499388
>Self-defense force must be equivalent to attacker force

This also applies to home invasions.

That is, if you can get your ammo in your gun fast enough (the gun and the ammo must be in separate locked enclosures) more than 2 meters away from each other.
>>
>>34499412
What can I do with a tank?I can't even fire it. most people can't even afford that
>>
>>34499424
>What can I do with a tank?
What can't you do with a tank?
>>
>>34499424
>What can I do with a tank?I

That's not the /k/ spirit.
>>
>>34499431
>>34499442
I'm sorry it's my first time on here
>>
>>34499431

Concealed carry.
>>
>>34499449
That's ok. You'll learn. We have faith in you.

>Do what you must, because, you can.
>>
File: 7.1.jpg (285KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7.1.jpg
285KB, 1024x768px
>>34499519
I beg to differ.
>>
File: 1496525021144.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1496525021144.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
any Australians have the image relating to getting a class A/B gun license?
>>
>>34499431
Pick up chicks

bow chicka bow wow
>>
File: 1410788819169.png (16KB, 634x571px) Image search: [Google]
1410788819169.png
16KB, 634x571px
>>34499577
You mean this one?
>inb4 knownuffinfag. I have an A,B and H.
>>
Mine here are terrible...

>Have to drive almost 15 minutes to get to the gun store.
>Once I'm there, I have to sort through dozens, if not hundreds of guns I want to buy.
>All the guns I want are only $50-$100 dollars under MSRP.
>If I find a gun that I want, I have to fill out a form, they take a copy of my driver's license, and wait almost five minutes before I'm clear.
>Thank goodness I have a concealed carry permit, or else I'd have to travel with my ammo and new firearm in separate locations of my vehicle.
>Waste almost 15 minutes worth of gas driving back home.
>Live within city limits. Have to drive almost 15 minutes IN THE OTHER DIRECTION just to get to a gun range.
>Indiana is suffering...
>>
>>34498979
Austria here
>pay 300€ for psych eval
>pay 60-100€ for gun training from a FFL
>submit application for permit, pay 100€
>install gun cabinet/safe
>recieve permit to own a total of 2 semi auto guns (pistols or rifles) for self defense at home
>CCW unobtainium unless you are member of the "priviliged classes"
>need to be avid shooter with proof of competition participation to get permission to own more than 2 semi auto guns
>regular checks of safe by police
>need to pay FFL for "retraining" every 5 years
>>
Anyone here from Switzerland? I heard you have relaxed laws but also one of the lowest crime rates
>>
>>34499642
Switzerland is low, but not that low.
below it in gun crime (less gun crime to more gun crime)
UK
Germany
Austria
Norway
Czechia
Estonia
Qatar
Spain
Australia
Latvia
new zealand
Sweden
Slovenia
France
>>
>>34499337
Reading this almost makes the UK laws seem acceptable in comparison to the shit in Romania
>>
>>34499708
makes you wonder what romania.gov is so afraid of?
>>
>walk into store
>buy gun
>walk out
>go shooting
>all within 20 minutes
usa usa
>>
>>34499307
Its not that fucking hard.
It's not 'fun' to go through and nor is it a small amount of paperwork, but anyone with a clean criminal record and a use for a gun can get one.
>>
File: 1463044711042.png (304KB, 1024x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1463044711042.png
304KB, 1024x1449px
>getting horse feed
>notice store has a pretty good deal on a new 92fs
>start the 4473 on paper
>double check everything
>while he is running background check on the phone i grab my horse feed
>may as well grab a garden hose too
>Grab a cold cheerwine and wait by the gun desk
>4473 complete
>ring up gun with horse feed and soda
>walk out to parking lot and drive home

And here is where europeans cry about gun crime while their rape and stabbings crack the ceiling
>>
File: b2f.jpg (23KB, 680x447px) Image search: [Google]
b2f.jpg
23KB, 680x447px
>>34499769
>92fs
>cheerwine
We are two of soul.
>>
File: 1455598910510.gif (723KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455598910510.gif
723KB, 640x360px
>>34499788
Mah Nigga
>>
File: 1468624804620.png (76KB, 662x413px) Image search: [Google]
1468624804620.png
76KB, 662x413px
>>34498979
>All these Euro laws
>Letting police inspect your guns and safe
>Must present a reason to own a gun and 'self defense' isn't acceptable
I personally believe the cuck meme is overused but holy shit you've only brought this on yourself. I'm a healthy male and I'm horrified, I can't even imagine being a weaker woman or a cripple where the only acceptable means of defending yourself is your own strength like some kind of fucking caveman.
>>
>>34499857
Do you seriously think pro-gun people in Europe aren't trying to lobby for better gun laws as much as they can? Some of us weren't as lucky to be born into a 250-year-old country where the ownership of guns is written into the constitution, which might have something to do with the fact that 90% of countries here precede the existence of them. Look, USA is great, and I wish every European country had gun laws like it, but it's not that easy. Most people don't grow up around guns here, so they don't really care about them or outright hate them, which then translates into voting about them, which in turn only makes it worse. I'm not a "cuck", I'm just not as lucky as you, being born into a country where guns are literally a right
>>
>>34499558
>>>/toy/
>>
>>34499857
Well, I've fended off some gypsies in the past with pic related.

It's a traditional Romanian weapon called "ciomag" which quite literally means "club".
>>
>>34498979
Southeast US here (Georgia)
Went to the courthouse, paid $20 or so bucks, filled out some paperwork and got fingerprinted, then they sent me my card in about a week
>>
Northern Ireland

>no magazine capacity limits
>if you can conceal it you can carry it
>you can keep a separate carry for your car
>you can shoot anyone who breaks in, or threatens you with violence, or attacks someone known to you in your vicinity in public
>no suppressor laws
>"obsolete calibre" firearms do not require licencing or registration of any kind
>about 40 registered firearms per 100, with nearly all of those belonging to the unionist population

There are some downsides. You can't have semi auto centrefire rifles, unless it has a MARS trigger which is basically semi auto but from an open bolt - you pull the trigger twice to fire once. Not ideal, but it's something. I don't like licencing or background checks but it's necessary here.

All things considered, it's not bad at all.
>>
>>34500068
Isnt northern Ireland the best part of GB? :^)
>>
>>34500018
My apologies, I wasn't trying to insult you or anyone in particular, and I fully understand that someone born today can't do a whole hell of a lot about the gun laws in their country. However, somewhere in your countries history your people dropped the fucking ball on maintaining your rights, and they dropped it hard.

Seriously, when Europeans were finally getting rid of their monarchs did they just straight up forget to protect their rights to defend themselves? We have these rights in America because some people had the forethought to enumerate them at an opportune moment.

It's not even about guns specifically. What the hell happened in European culture where it's no longer okay to protect yourself, much less your property. I can understand the aversion to guns due to not being around them, but how the fuck does a lack of self defense become ingrained in your culture?
>>
>live in New york
>getting a long gun is easy just pass a 4473
>can't have any evil assault baby features like a flash hider
>but if the magazine is fixed and can't be removed you can have every feature you want
>"pistol grip" is loosely defined as "any protrusion below the magazine" which means literally fuck all because tons of guns have pistol grips all over the place
>no thumb hole stocks for some retarded reason then again new york

Hahaha want to get a pistol?
>may issue state
>look up county laws
>first you need to take a gun safety course
>then get 4 references from people who have never been arrested ever
>the applications must be done in black ink
>send 4 of these to the county clerk
>several weeks or months later the clerk will send you a letter with what to bring in next
>you need 3 individual copies of the same gun registration application all in black ink or typed, no photocopies
>all of them must be notorized
>before submitting the application you have to buy a pistol and the shop you buy it from has to keep it
>shop sells you the gun must print you a bill of sale (not a receipt) which must also be notorized
>you bring all these with 2 photo ID to the clerks office with your gun safety certificate
You must also bring 3 copies of a letter to the judge, one for the judge, one for the clerk, and one for the sheriff
>also 3 photos of yourself passport style
>get finger printed
>wait anywhere between 6 more weeks or 9 months for the clerk to get off his ass and do it
>judge will mail you saying everything is a-ok
>then clerk will mail you saying you can come get your permit
The class is 100 dollars, the license fee is 115 dollars and the permit itself is 10 dollars
>>
>>34499642
I lived at the point where Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein meet. Switzerland was by far the most dangerous and although it had the laxest gun laws for its residents, it also had an obscene amount of unreported crime. The media flatly reported to write or present anything that painted anywhere in Switzerland negatively. It was like a mountainous Belgium.

Not gun crime, really, but violent crime and crime against property was endemic and there are parts of the Swiss cities and towns which I could only compare to Marseille at night time. Really not a great place.
>>
>>34500090
For gun ownership, yes. Though if you want to get fast and lose with what constitutes the UK, some of the Overseas Territories and I think one of the Channel Islands have no gun laws. Really, they have no laws on the books at all. Maybe import restrictions but if you have it you have it. I don't know which ones.

As to the rest of it, it depends what you're into. We're officially the whitest place in Europe if that matters and most people go to Church. Land and property are cheap, there's no LGBT shit, if you want an abortion because you got lazy then you have to go to the mainland. Beer is cheap, too, and there's plenty of outdoor stuff. Our education system is good, but only because the rest of the UK has gone down the toilet in that regard.
>>
>>34500040
>fended off some gypsies

My sides
>>
>>34499585
Hey Tucker!
>>
File: 257-007.jpg (38KB, 336x448px) Image search: [Google]
257-007.jpg
38KB, 336x448px
>>34500090
Essex is best
> Ketamine
> Hot girls are easy fucks
> Nice girls are genuinely nice
> Royal Anglian regiment
> Death or glory Boys
> Parachute regiment
> 33rd and 101st EOD regiments
> Custom cars
> Best accent
> No muslims here
> No Blacks here
> Easy to get to london
> 100% brexit (loyal to Our lord and saviour nigel)
> Home of St, Bryces day (to be followed up by St byces day 2: Electric Boogaloo (ketamine addition)
> Best names of towns for example the village of "the"
> Illegal firearms everywhere
> Ketamine

(Harlow, Bas-Vegas and Jaywick are not included as part of essex)
>>
>>34500131
Yeah, but unfortunately clubs are also considered "white weapons", meaning that they are "weapons" that can cause bodily damage.

The law is so loose with its terminology that literally everything can be a "white weapon", from spoons to condoms with rocks in them.
>>
>>34500093
>>34500093
Well, in Hungary for example, people dont even think about having guns because of every power that occupied us(since Habsburgs, Soviets) banned not just guns but even some gardening tools because they were so afraid of uprisings. Its the same long time since the usa exist so you can imagine that sadly, but people resigned and forgotten about guns. So i could say hungarians have a castrated, non-gun culture. Today only high ranking police and military officers can get some sort of real guns for home defence of course politicans(yea we are being ruled by another kinda regime). For a normal civilian its almost imposible because of prices, pointless paperwork and due this gunless-ness the lack of available guns.
>>
>>34500209

Just to clarify, "white weapon" = melee weapon.

Going further, because the law is so absolutely retarded and you need to register everything that might classify as a weapon.

This led to absolutely fucking hilarious scenarios in which people when to the police to register maces, slingshots, twigs, PVC pipes, USB sticks, lightbulbs, door handles and so on.

Obviously, the police are forced to take your registration seriously, so you end up with a registered dragon dildo for a weapon, and every time you draw it you have to call the police.
>>
>>34500236

Also, the self-defense law in Romania states that you may defend yourself in your own home ONLY at night. If you inflict bodily damage on the burglar during the day, your ass is going to jail.
>>
>>34499348

Yeah, ours aren't too bad although I would personally get rid of the 7 round limit (Which is retarded) and merge the E-cat firearms with the A-cat because it doesn't need to exist. B-cat requirements are mostly fine but I'd either lower or get rid of the participation requirement.

I doubt any of this will happen though because we're still seeing illegal firearms popping up all over the place and until the popo seriously crack down on it, public perception won't change.
>>
File: edd.jpg (36KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
edd.jpg
36KB, 532x582px
>>34500040
Gypsies are sub humans, you did the right thing anon
>>
Switzerland
Get a weapon purchase license (WES) - you can order it online (costs around 70 bucks). You receive it after ten to fifteen days, depending on your canton of residence, and providing you criminal record is clean. Go with the WES and your ID to a gun store and purchase up to three guns. If you want more guns just apply for a couple of WESs more. There are absolutely no laws regarding safe-keeping of guns. You just have to make sure that no one external can take and use them. As long as your single and no-gf, you do what you want - locking your door already counts as preventing others from reaching your gun. If you live with someone, you should keep your guns in a locker (a safe is not required, a simple locked drawer is enough).

There are also some guns that you can purchase without having a WES. I believe the old army bolt-actions belong in this category, and single-barrel shotguns, and air guns.

Finally, there are the full-fun guns. Full-fun guns are technically forbidden, but you can get an exception license to purchase them (and they don't cost much more than normal semi-autos). The only drawback with FA guns is that you must keep them in a safe. The bolt-assembly must be kept in a separate safe. Cops will come every year or every two year to check that your FA's are kept according to regulation. Just for this reason, I would never purchase a FA.

All shops will also sell you ammo if you show them your WES as long as it is not older than two years. Otherwise they require an extract of your criminal record. There is no maximum on the amount of ammo you can purchase. The downer here, is that all kinds of HP bullets are forbidden for handguns (but they're allowed for rifles). Steel-core/AP ammunition is forbidden in all guns.

Laser sights (but not red dot sights) and silencers are also forbidden and can only be purchased with the above-mentioned exception license. No idea about how such devices should be stored.
>>
>>34500093
>What the hell happened in European culture where it's no longer okay to protect yourself, much less your property. I can understand the aversion to guns due to not being around them, but how the fuck does a lack of self defense become ingrained in your culture?
Hold my beer, I got this. Also, wall of text incoming.

Kraut here.

Germany, at this point, has a population of over 80 Million. At least thats what I learned in school, which is a few years back already. Germany also has the land area of just about an average US state - obviously the tiny east coast states are a bit smaller, bigger ones like Texas or Cali are slightly larger. Google says the US has a population of ~320*10^6.

So what I am getting at is that while being about 40-50 times the size, US population is only about 4 times as large as Germany's. To the average American (except for city folks who never actually leave the city) this place is ridiculously densely populated. There literally is almost no place where you can not just turn 360 and see some kind of settlement/city/etc.

When I lived in British Columbia a while back, even though I knew before, I was kinda shocked that when you drive out of a city for 50 miles in any direction, it can happen that you are in fact 50 miles from the nearest city. Thats just not a thing in Europe. You drive for 10 klicks, chances are, there's a different city within 5km radius.

And thats not a "new" thing as in "when the Europeans were getting rid of their monarchs" or something. The city I was born in is literally over 1400 years old. Just as the ones up and down the river. Just as the ones on the other side of the ridge.

cont. 1/3
>>
>>34501494
cont:

For literally thousands of years, people have been sitting on top of each other. There was never such a thing as "the frontier", where brave men explored the wilderness in solitude, alone with their rifle. Instead, the village communities were there, since quite literally longer than anyone remembers, even longer than written history. And as such, defense (or rather protection) has always been a municipal thing. You had your village elder who would organize the local milita (including their arms) against invading saxons/vikings/danes/hungarians/slavs/... and maybe the local warlord/count/earl who would lead said milita into wars against said enemies under some king who might once in a blue moon visit, but thats it.

Local jurisdiction also has always been a thing, the aforementioned local count or a tribunal of village elders. Whatever. There was never a (prolonged) time when there was no jurisdiction at all, the who was right was determined by who shot first. Instead, there has "always" been the town guard/constabulary/gendarmerie/etc to (theoretically) deter and/or punish any wrongdoing. No need to do it yourself like in the Old West, and therefore a lot less need for keeping and bearing personal arms. Not saying it was not a thing at all, but a lot less common.

So thats the situation when, as you so aptly put it, "the Europeans were getting rid of their monarchs". And right then, coincidentially, 2 world wars happened. Like, right in our faces. Which may have been a teeny tiny bit traumatizing, idk.

cont. 2/3
history bit is done though.
>>
>>34501504
cont., final part I guess:

Becoming hasguns: >>34498979

Basically two routes:

Sportschütze, =shooting for sports
>join a gun club (yearly fee varies, 100-200€)
>be a member for at least on year
>shoot guns (as in, guns the club owns or that you borrow at the range. costs may apply)
>meanwhile go to a course where you learn laws, safe handling, etc (~200€)
>after that year (and at least 18 times at the range, signed by your club)...
>apply for permission at your club's parent organization (Dachverband = umbrella organization, according to Google)
>wait ~2 months because muh bureacracy
>Dachverband then certifies your justification, i.e. they give you a paper that says "jup, anon needs to be allowed to own a gun".
>you then go to your local police & apply for a permit
>hand in the Dachverband paper, safety course certification, some other stuff, oh and a psych eval if you're under 25 (yet another 200€)
>wait ~2 months because more bureaucracy
>during this the local sherrif will come by to check you actually own a gun safe (200-500€)
>you can then fetch your gun owning permit (WBK) at the local police (36€ to cover the printing costs)
How to buy guns:
-> bolt action or single loading long guns
>buy them
>fill out and hand in a form which states that you bought that gun
>local police will then add that gun to your WBK
-> handguns, semi auto long guns
>oh boy. ask the Dachverband as above (2 months)
>local police do a "pre-entry entry" into your WBK, as in "anon may buy a semi rifle in .308" (1-2months, 18€)
>buy gun within a year
>just as above >fill out and hand in a form which states that you bought that gun
>local police will then complete the pre-entry into an actual entry, as in "anon may own that semi rifle, type FAL, .308, s/n 123456578, which he bought from local gun store #4 "
The catch is, you may only buy two guns per every six months.
Also you need that WBK to buy ammo.

cont.
>>
>>34501690
cont. 4/3 I lied

Alternatively:
Become a hunter.
>take a year-long course on how to be a proper hunter
>learn to identify trees
>learn to identify animal tracks
>learn about forest ecologics
>learn a boatload of stuff
>also learn how to use a gun to "honorabu" kill an animal
>takes at least a year
>also costs like 2000€
>gets you a hunter's permit
>which you can use to justify your need for guns instead of asking a club's Dachverband
>you still have to register them though
>also you cannot have magazines that hold more than 2 rounds because apparently large magazines incentivise you to shoot sloppier, thus not killing the animal as painlessly as possible

thats basically it.

You can own pretty much anything except full auto, rifles over .50bmg, and funky ammo like tracer, API, and the like.
Oh and you need a "special" permit for rifles that shoot ammo with case lengths shorter than 40mm, because AKs are scary I guess
>>
>>34499769
>cheerwine

My nigga. We can't get it in Ohio, so I stock up every time I visit my uncle in North Carolina.
>>
>>34499412
>$54,000
Holy fuck that is an insanely reasonable price for that thing.
>>
>>34501815
yea but the MPG suck
>>
>>34501762
Its always shocking how many people havent had a cheerwine and a googoo-cluster at the same time. It is, by far, the perfect range snack anytime of the year
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.