[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Modern Striker-Fired Handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: ppq 5 inch.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ppq 5 inch.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
This is the best modern striker-fired handgun.

Discuss.
>>
File: 1922.jpg (35KB, 758x460px) Image search: [Google]
1922.jpg
35KB, 758x460px
>>34498737
>striker-fired handgun

This isn't a valid category of firearms.
>>
File: silver trumpetfish.jpg (112KB, 968x650px) Image search: [Google]
silver trumpetfish.jpg
112KB, 968x650px
>>34498934
>>
>>34498954
Wow, great post.
>>
>>34498737
Compared to the P99 it looks like shit, but it's an amazing gun. Rented one at the range and immediately shot it better than my trusty P99 (the longer sight radius probably helped too). The trigger is just as sweet as the P99AS's once you're in single-action, meaning very short and pretty crips.

Where I might see a problem is when you carry this gun with one round in the pipe. Some people find the Glock unsafe because it doesn't have a manual safety. The PPQ exacerbates this problem by having no safety either, but featuring an even shorter and lighter trigger (the H&K VP9 and CZ P10C have the same issue).

In my opinion it's a perfect gun for the range and probably for competition, too, but I'm not sure I would want to carry one, especially not as a duty gun. From this point of view, I find the P99AS to be the better carry/duty gun, although it has some quirks, too.
>>
>>34498993
Definitely a light trigger. Mine pulls at 4.8 pounds consistently. It was a little heavier before I ran 600 rounds through it. But it's not a hair trigger. Small take-up makes it pretty easily controllable.

As a duty gun, if your finger is already on the trigger, I don't think the pull weight matters much.

I wouldn't carry the 5". Too bulky. Not sure if I'd carry the 4" either, but maybe. Hard to fight the M&P Shield.

As a range/competition gun, how does it stack up against the P10C?
>>
>>34498737
what model glock is this?
>>
>>34499023
The 5" PPQ would probably make a better competition gun than the P10C - once a long P10 will come out things will change. The P99AS is a bad competition gun because of the different fire modes and competition rules.
>>
>>34499026
This kills the glock.
>>
>>34499029
You think a long P10 is gonna change the game - why?

Only knock I have on the PPQ is that the stock sights suck. Put a fiberoptic on the front sight and all my qualms have disappeared.
>>
>be convinced by south dakota gunstore clerk to switch from choosing a sig to walther
>says its the best pistol he's ever handled
>lets me have a feel of the ppq
>comfy.jpg
>now decided to make walther ppq my first pistol

Other than the lighter trigger (which I dont think I'd mind) I think I'm making a good investment.

Speaking of the lighter trigger, would that be an issue for carry if it was in a fully enclosed hard holster?
>>
>>34499078
Not if your draw and discipline are good. If they're not, that's your problem. To the tune of a 9mm hole in your foot.
>>
File: 1497539170139.png (230KB, 726x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497539170139.png
230KB, 726x720px
>>34498737
I prefer the VP9, personally.
>mfw finally got a VP9SK
>>
>>34499047
I never shot a P10C, but from the reviews I've read it seems to be more controllable than the Walther PPQ (lower bore-axis, better grip texturing) and the trigger seems to be even better - by better the reviewers mean shorter, lighter, crisper (which makes it in my opinion the worse carry gun).

The P10 isn't a game changer. It's an excellent polymer handgun with a short and precise trigger, but so are the VP9 and PPQ (and probably also Glocks once you tune the trigger). In any case, I think the shooter is the more important factor. The P10 doesn't have anti-trigger jerking and anti-flinching functions.

Honestly, I don't see the P10 replacing Glocks any time soon. Glocks are perfectly acceptable duty guns, and the P10's trigger seems more like a liability to me (at least in the optic of a Police Department). I could very well imagine PD's installing "NYC" triggers in their P10Cs. And if you take away the trigger, the only thing the P10C has over the competition is that it fits Glock holsters - not much of an advantage.
>>
>>34499023
>As a range/competition gun, how does it stack up against the P10C?

Assuming similar barrel length and sight radius, good luck finding any meaningful difference between the 2, or even an M&P with a trigger job for that matter.

Maybe the P10 will turn out to have a recoil spring that lasts longer or something.
>>
>>34499078

The light trigger by itself isn't the issue as the first shot has a bit of take up before hitting the wall. It's the ridiculously short reset combined with the light trigger that may be a problem. If you shoot off the pistol's reset but are not prepared or haven't trained enough with the PPQ then that could lead to unintentional double taps. However, if you put a bit of time in learning the PPQ's trigger with good trigger control then drawing + fast triple taps would be advantageous.
>>
>>34500467
How short is the reset on most SAO or DA/SA triggers though? Surely Walther isn't the only manufacturer with a short reset?
>>
>>34498934
Yeah it is you stupid fuck. Its the choice of noguns dipshits and welfare queens.
>>
>>34498737
That's not the P99.
>>34498993
>The trigger is just as sweet as the P99AS
No, it's not. Pre cocked isn't as good as fully cocked.
>>
>>34499029
>The P99AS is a bad competition gun
No, it's not.
>>
File: febreze.png (1MB, 701x960px) Image search: [Google]
febreze.png
1MB, 701x960px
The P99 AS is objectively better, and Walther should release P99 RAD to the public.

The P99 has a true single action which is lighter than the PPQ's trigger, a true double action mode, and a preset double action trigger pull distance with a single action pull weight. Smoother surfaces are good for less snag and a sleek design, definitely a better carry gun.
>>
>>34500669
>release P99 RAD to the public.
That's the PPQ.
>>
>>34500669
>Walther should release P99 RAD to the public.
But that'd be a PPQ

Also, I'd buy one if Walther ever offered up a RMR ready PPQ Navy
>>
That's a weird looking HK P30/P30L anon.
>>
>>34500680
>>34500696
I guess I meant an AS with a RAD frame and slide. Some people like the PPQ texture but the P99 operation is still superior.
>>
>>34500601
Yes it is. Competitions, being it IPSC or IDPA, make you start with the gun decocked. You're automatically at disadvantage against someone with a Glock, PPQ, P10C or even with a P99QA.
>>
>>34500669
The Radom P99 was the aesthetic holicaust of the P99 line. It looks like absolute garbage. As you will die of shame when you draw it, you might just as well walk unarmed and get killed. Further, dry firing it will cause micro-crack in the slide and sent parts of it into your face (source: investigation of Polish police, can be found online).

The anti-stress trigger is nice. But having three different trigger pulls, is one too much. Instead of decocking, you should simply be able to set the trigger back in anti-stress mode. Technically, you can cock the hammer and set the gun back in anti-stress, but it's a pain in the ass to do. Don't come with the second-strike capability. It's a useless feature. If the gun doesn't fire, one should make tap-rack-bang and not pull the trigger one more time.
>>
File: walthers.jpg (892KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
walthers.jpg
892KB, 5184x3456px
>>34501884
>But having three different trigger pulls, is one too much
This. Its a fine gun but jesus 3 trigger pulls? I'd rather just use my pp1 9mm
>>
File: STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png (401KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
401KB, 789x600px
Mandatory Steyr!
>>
>>34501812
Learn to shoot, bitch.
>>
>>34501884
>Instead of decocking, you should simply be able to set the trigger back in anti-stress mode.
You can pull back the slide like 4mm and reset AS mode and how would you get the DA pull if not with the decocker?
>Don't come with the second-strike capability.
Nigga what?
>>
>>34502439
>DA pull if not with the decocker?
Not him but, let the trigger ride forward. Sig managed to do that with the DAK.
>>
>>34498737
>best modern striker-fired handgun
But that isn't a Glock though
>>
>>34502515
>Not him but, let the trigger ride forward. Sig managed to do that with the DAK.
I have literally no idea what you're trying to say with this. Let the trigger ride forward? What does SIG DAK have to do with this?
>>
>>34502439
Second strike capability = if you pull he trigger, hear a "click," you can pull the trigger again w/o having to cycle another round.
I never read in any manual of arms to press the trigger a second time should your gun doesn't go bang. Jeff Cooper, Chuck Tailor, Clint Smith, they all say to tap the mag, rack the slide and shoot.

>You can pull back the slide like 4mm and reset AS mode and how would you get the DA pull if not with the decocker?
The DA pull is useless on the P99AS since you already have anti stress and single action. The only time, you'd decock is when reholstering or shooting competitions. For both the anti stress would be absolutely sufficient and is, in fact, superior to DA. And as I explained above, the ability to re-strike a bullet in DA is useless as it goes against every manual of arms on the planet.
>>
>>34502527
A DA trigger with two reset points, one heavier and one lighter. If you let the trigger past the point of the first, you back with the longer trigger pull...DA/SA(ish). Just saying you can get two different pulls with out a decocker
>>
>>34502629
*point of the first point on its return
>>
>>34502605
>Second strike capability = if you pull he trigger, hear a "click," you can pull the trigger again w/o having to cycle another round.
I know what it is. I thought you were saying the P99AS couldn't do it. Now that I know what you mean, we are in agreement.
>The DA pull is useless on the P99AS since you already have anti stress and single action.
It's another option and Walther doesn't say it should be carried in AS mode. AS wasn't really a design goal, it's just a happy byproduct of how the trigger works. I personally don't ever use the DA pull, but plenty prefer it.
>>
>>34502629
This has absolutely zero relevance with the P99AS.
>>
>>34502655
>how would you get the DA pull if not with the decocker?
>do something like sig did
Ya, I know thats not how it works on a p99, just answering your question.
>>
>>34502646
The AS mode isn't a byproduct, it was a planed feature, designed to make the gun safer to carry than a Glock, but easier to shoot than a traditional DA/SA pistol, like the P220/226 used by the German police.

Load the gun rack the slide, start shooting > AS
Subsequent shots > SA
Decock the gun and reholster.
Pull the gun, again and shoot > DA
Subsequent shots > SA
Gun is empty, reload and shoot > AS
Subsequent shots > SA
>Search the intruder in the sequence
>>
>>34502847
>Decock the gun and reholster.
So, decock and pull the slide back slightly. I don't understand the problem, here.
>>
>>34502875
Like I said, you can, but it's a shitty maneuver that can make the slide be out of battery if you don't push it back in front completely. Instead of putting the gun in DA it would have been much better to have a way to put it into anti-stress.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.