[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Off the grid Generator recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 46533-hi-res-1.png (322KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
46533-hi-res-1.png
322KB, 471x350px
What brand of generators are good? Or any alternatives. I need a heavy duty generator. Tell me the price range as well.

I live off the grid and will probably run this 8-12 hours a day.

I want this generator to last If I follow the maintenance without ever having to send it in the shop. Besides usual repairs.

Also any recommended books or websites to learn how to troubleshoot/fix/DIY small engines and generators+generator engines?
>>
>>34498508
How is this /k/ related? Go to /out/.
>>
>>34498928
That's not even an /out/ doors question that's more like /diy/

>>34498508
What kind of power bank are you going to use? It doesn't sound efficient to just run it for that many hours a day if you have a place set up, it'd be loud, generate exhaust, and you'd burn through a lot of fuel running it that long
>>
>>34498508
>I need a heavy duty generator.
Thousands probably. Unless you're going to suck down all the watts it can produce immediately you'll need a bigass battery.
>>
Honda gets good reviews, but dude, don't buy something much bigger than you need. In an emergency you don't need to run an entire house and entertainment system. Just a fridge and sump-pump.
>>
>>34498508
Why a generator?

When I was getting my beachhouse/bugout location set up I found solarpanels and a battery bank much more cost-effective.
>>
Not /k/. Google dummy. saged.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntbwftsrbbs
>>
>>34499255
>In an emergency you don't need to run an entire house and entertainment system.
Don't tell me what I need, peasant.
>>
>>34498508
Needing expensive generator

>Have river/big enough stream on property
>get pelton wheel and piping
>make battery bank
>profit?
>>
>>34498508
Most brands are about the same, parts wise, if the engine is the same displacement. I lived off grid for 4 years using just a generator for electric. Change the oil. Keep it out of the elements. Use sea foam in it every now and again. Cold starts in winter are a bitch. Check your carbon brushes if you run it that much. Be prepared to buy alot of gasoline.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.