[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putting down a pet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: 1498009960882.jpg (16KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1498009960882.jpg
16KB, 268x265px
So it is finally time for me to put down my cat. He's been with me for 20 years now and I can tell he's in a lot of pain with his arthritis. I want to put him down myself instead of taking him to some vet. I think it will be much better for him this way.

I just need to figure out which gun to use. Would my 308 or 10mm be a better choice for this?
>>
>>34498024
at 20 years, he's probably got like what, 4 lives left? I'd say minimum 45-70 if you want to go through all four painlessly.
>>
>>34498040
Play it safe and use artillery, wouldn't want to leave it hanging on with one life left.
>>
>>34498024
My dad shot two cats with a 308 when I was a kid. Lined them up, because he only had one round. I didn't watch, he just told us he did it. Never said anything else about it, but now that I'm older, I think he either actually achieved it, by telling them to sit on a log or something, because they were really obedient. Or it didn't work out the way he planned, because it feels like that would be really difficult, even if you got one to suck the barrel. In that case, I'm sure one died, but the other was wounded and had to be left to die or he stomped on his head or something. Rough outting, either way. OP, I'd go with the 10. Just, like... Load some extra ammo.
>>
>>34498024
The shovel is the only option.
>>
Veterinarians use .32 ACP. Buy a cheap pocket pistol.
>>
7.62x54r
>>
File: OPYOUKNOWWHATTODO!.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
OPYOUKNOWWHATTODO!.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>34498024
OP There's only one answer...
>>
File: 1499461491878.png (704KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499461491878.png
704KB, 1920x1080px
>>34498024
Just shove dynamite up it's ass I think your will go out best with a bang
>>
.22 will bounce around inside the skull, scrambling all 9 lives at once.
>>
>>34498024
>I want to put him down myself instead of taking him to some vet.
Not sure if this is a troll thread or not, but I'd recommend taking him to the vet and letting him drift off into a nice permanent coma instead of a violent death. If he doesn't like traveling, vets do come to your place as well.....

You get more closure when they drift of to sleep, you get to witness the transition. Shooting your own pet will haunt you no matter how tough you think you are, especially how they're alive one second and dead the next. Messes with your mind.
>>
>>34498024
i'd go for a .410 slug
>>
>>34498024
Any gun will do it, 9mm works. It will be over instantly.

My uncle does this when his dogs get too old, he takes them out in the woods and plays with them all day, and when they are tired and fall asleep he shoots them in the head and buries them. I don't know how he does it desu.
>>
>>34498283
Fuck you, when the family dog got put down my mother insisted on paying a vet to "put her to sleep" instead of letting me or my grandpa take her behind the shed. It is not painless, they do not drift of to sleep, its just ~15 min of crying before whatever shit they inject them with hits the heart and they give one last yelp before dying. That shit haunts me way more than if I would have done the deed myself.
>>34498024
.308 should work fine, be a man op and give him a proper send off.
>>
>>34498476
>I don't know how he does it
You literally just told us how he does it, moron.
>>
>>34498512
>having autism
I meant how does he pull the trigger and live with blowing his dogs brain apart.
>>
>>34498512
I think what Anon meant was how is his uncle able to play with a dogger in its final moments before he shoots it in the head
>>
>>34498517
you're the "autistic" one for not getting that he was making fun of the phrase

goddamn summer fags have no sense of humor
>>
>>34498556
>implying
I've been here since summer of 2016 newfag
>>
>>34498576
>summer of 2016
>calling him a new fag
Try 2011 newfaggot.
>>
Ive seen some fucked up shit on this site but this is the first thread to actually hit me in a way that makes me feel terrible
>>
>>34498024
12g slug
>>
>>34498502
This was either a shitty vet or something that didn't happen. If OP wants to make his pet into hamburger, nobody can stop him, but he's still a fucking idiot.
>>
>Take it Outside
> give it a paper bowl of milk
>.22 to the back of the head
>>
>>34498024
Unless by "cat" you mean a fucking leopard, the 10mm will be fine to the back of the head.

The front of most animal skulls is rather thick.
>>
>>34498024
>.308 for a cat

Do you want bury him in two pieces? Use the 10mm.
>>
>>34498502
Who do you think you're talking to like that, fuck right off cunt if you can't handle advice you don't like. Clearly your whore mum took your dog to a shit vet, our family cat got put down years ago and it was peaceful as and over in a minute or two. I'll bet that vet was a cheap cunt and didn't give the dog a high enough dose or straight up used the wrong drug.

Given the fact you wanted to kill your dog years ago it sounds like you're a sick fuck who wants to get off by killing his own pets
>>
This thread is fucking depressing. My cat is old as fuck and I can't see him making it more than another year or two. Fuck, I could easily see myself shooting a person, but I could never bring myself to shoot my cat. That little asshole has been with me since I was seven. Stuck around linger than anyone else has for me, that's for sure.
>>
Used a m1 carbine to put down an old farm dog my great uncle owned. Afterwards he told me about him carrying an M2 carbine in Korea.
>>
fun cat story

>be like 3 or 4
>live on farm
>steady supply of stray cats
>I think they're pretty cute, always outside petting them and playing with them
>one day, dad comes outside to find me twirling around, spinning a kitten on a string that I've tied around its neck
>needless to say, I've already strangled the poor fucking thing without realizing it
>'honey, why is our child using cats to practice for the hammer throw?'
>when recollecting the story, dad tells me I said that I was "making the kitty do circus tricks"
>stock-image-is-my-son-retarded-47368802.png
>>
OP, everyone here is trolling you hard.
You need a 4ga to be on the safe side. Just rub catnip on the end of barrel so mittens is high as a mother fucker when he meets 1/4 lbs of lead.
>>
File: 1462273992410.jpg (56KB, 926x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462273992410.jpg
56KB, 926x960px
>>34499266
My dog is having a litter of puppies soon, thanks for reminding me to never let children around them
>>
>>34498878
caaaaaalm it kermit
>>
>>34498878
>projection: the post
.40 to the back of a sheep worked great though
>>
>>34498448
410 slug is the classic redneck has to put down an animal caliber
>>
>>34498024
22lr. Get ready to cry.
>>
>>34498024
take him to the vet like an adult, you fucking cheap kike manchild
>>
Either:
>Make a bullet
>Make a bang
>Buy a 20 year old bullet
Or
>Zippocat 2.0
>>
>>34498637
Same
>>
Take it to the vet you autistic nigger. Shooting your pet doesn't make any sense unless it's been wounded.
>>
File: 1479747933144.jpg (160KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
1479747933144.jpg
160KB, 2500x1645px
>>34498576
>>
>>34498024
Give it some catnip, a nice bowl of milk with some liquid Benadryl in it. Wait until it fall asleep, then pop it behind it's front legs, or in the back of the head. I'd go for the heart if you're sentimental, or make sure you have a downward angle when shooting the skull, because having to bury him with a skull that's been turned inside out will fuck you up.

I've put down two dogs and a rabbit. The rabbit was the worst, because he knew he was dying and snuggled the shit out of me before I broke his neck. The first dog was so sick (and 19) that he just laid there and I shot him, the second one had a bladder tumor the size of a grapefruit and was pissing blood, so I gave him some Vicodin I had left over from my wisdom teeth surgery, played with his stoned ass for an hour, then gave him a Benadryl wrapped in hamburger meat. He laid in my lap until he passed out and I shot him after that.

My first dog ever died when I was 16 and he waited for me to go. I went out to feed him and he wouldn't move and was barely breathing, so I crawled into his dog house with him and he pushed up against me the way dogs do, with their arms all stiff. Then he pushed his head against my face, licked my nose and died. I laid with him for about an hour until my dad came out and we buried him.

Fuck y'all, making me think about this shit.
>>
File: 1470564998431.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470564998431.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>34501941
I'm not ready for my cat, my first pet, only 1 year old, to die god damn it
>>
>>34498024
Almost all vets do house calls for this.
Just had to do it. Got him a nice chunk of meat some milk and he went out in a face full of raw ground beef, I think was way better than in some cold room. Still a fighter and picky to the end didn't want me to pet him while he snacked.
>>
>>34498502
As the son of a veterinarian, I can confirm that you must've got yourself an extraordinarily shitty vet.
>>
>>34498502
What fucked up vet was that? I just had to put my cat down a week ago. It was two shots to an IV in his arm. Shit took less than 15 seconds to work.
>>
>>34502091
There are ALOT of shitty veterinarians.

t. Former equine, bovine, small animal night watchman/vet tech.
>>
>>34498024
make a kitty exit bag and maybe you can join him
don't transform your kot into hamburger meat
>>
>>34498024
Fucking lol. If you're serious, I'd advise just letting him die on his own. It's not for you to decide whether or not he still enjoys his life.

If you must, put him in a plastic box/bag and pump helium into it. Even a gunshot to the head is going to be a quick intense pain, kind of like getting punched in the head but fucking hard. I heard the helium thing is painless, just be careful and don't it outside so you don't fuck yourself as well, and if you kill yourself this way leave notes on all entrances for first responders.
>>
>>34502313
Gunshots should be painless as long as the shot placement is right. A mammal's nervous system should be able to process pain at just over 100 m/s IIRC, while the bullet going through its head is going far faster.
>>
>>34498256

a bounce for each life.

but seriously tho
>>34498024

I can't imagine what you're going through lad. take them out and do something nice or give them good treats and petting. make their last moments with you pretty great lad. cremate it and don't spread it's sorrow to the cold seas. plant his roots inside of you. he'll always be a diamond FUCK IM CRYING FUCKCK I DONT WANNA LOSE MY CAT FUCK OP
>>
File: 'h-hey anon..'.jpg (21KB, 634x355px) Image search: [Google]
'h-hey anon..'.jpg
21KB, 634x355px
>>34503260

ill probably commit suicide if my dog dies fuck
>>
>>34498597
Try 2009 faggot
>>
File: sad.jpg (14KB, 300x229px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
14KB, 300x229px
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.