[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suggestions for building an emergency locker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I'm looking to setup some emergency lockers at a few places. All of these places are owned by my family and there's always someone onsite so this wouldn't be like leaving guns at an unoccupied hunting cabin. I'm paying for all of this out of pocket so I'd like to keep it inexpensive, within reason. Whatever I get will have to look unassuming when closed and be able to be bolted to a concrete floor.

I'm thinking it should probably be something like pic related. It's got space for three EBRs, three shotguns, three handguns, three IFAKs and accessories for all mentioned. If something should happen a person could open the locker, grab a pistol with a light and a pistol belt with a holster and loaded mags already attached. If they want a shotgun it has a sling with two dozen reloads attached. If they need a rifle there's 3-5 loaded mags for each in a pouch or something.

Since this is for emergencies, ease of use and reliability are my top priorities. My initial thought is to grab some ARs with iron sights, some mossberg 590s and glock 17s. No one in my family can shoot glocks worth a shit, and I'll never get them to practice so I might as well buy something with a more relaxed grip angle. I'm thinking M&Ps or P320s are probably a reasonable replacement. They probably won't have issues with 590s as long as they don't have pistol grips.

>Inexpensive 16" AR with iron sights
>18" Mossberg 590 with standard stock
>M&P or P320

How would k outfit my weapon locker?
>>
>>34497486

If you're building this, you'd be better off with writing your Faggot blog post on /diy/
>>
>>34497583

Way to go, brah.

>What are good guns everyone can shoot?
> TAKE IT TO DIY, FGT!
>>
Put a DA/SA revolver in there in case you need to equip someone who isn't smart enough to quickly learn how to clear jams.
>>
>>34498724
Charter arms or old Smith?
>>
>>34497486
Exactly like your op pick is the most retard proof way you could equip it. Maybe one 22 for children or small game.
>>
>>34500470
You can kill children with any of the guns in that locker, 10/22 isn't necessary.
>>
>>34500567
10/10.
>>
>>34497486
I wouldn't use M&Ps. I'd get SD9s and replace the triggers. You can get two for about the price of one M&P.

SHotguns? Mossberg maverick over the 590s. You're not going to be using any of the benefits the 590 comes with, and it's less parts that can fuck up. Also be sure to get the 8 shot mavericks.

AR 15s are just..that..AR 15s Buy some.
>>
>>34500459
Old Smith if you can find it. Maybe a Model 10?

It doesn't have to be a snub nose. Hell it's better if it's a 4 inch.
>>
>>34497486

What's in the briefcase?
>>
>>34500567
>wasting perfectly good meat blowing away a kid with 9mm
I don't want to have to make stew for every single one.
>>
>>34497486 (OP)
My suggested is cheaper guns but hide in plain sight. Custom furniture and drawers are made to hide firearms or make your own.

AR-15 under $450. M&P sport II suggested.
Shotgun under $200. Stevens (savage) 12 gauge.
Pistol under $200. Taurus PT111 g2, SD9s, Hi-point (yes serious), anything 9mm or greater.

Remember this is your stash away items. Price is important and depending on how many locations it does add up.
>>
>>34500650
>I'd get SD9s and replace the triggers. You can get two for about the price of one M&P.

There's a reason for that. They're terrible.

No sigmas, hi-points, ravens, jennings, or jimenez for this project.
>>
File: how to seal the deal.jpg (97KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
how to seal the deal.jpg
97KB, 600x459px
>>34500681

MP5k
>>
>>34500650
>Mossberg maverick over the 590s. You're not going to be using any of the benefits the 590 comes with, and it's less parts that can fuck up.

Can you even get a decent forend with a light for the maverick?
>>
>>34500459
>>34500657
Yeah, longer barrel is better for that, since you can't expect a novice to be very accurate with a shorter sight radius.
>>
>>34501602
A Hi-Point carbine, at least, would be a good option. The .45 ACP Hi-Points can use 1911 mags.
>>
>>34498606

Yeah, so take it to /diy/ for the locker build, faggot.
>>
>>34502946
I'm not building the fucking locker you whistling tree faggot. I'm not planning on building the guns either. I'm looking for a combination of things to buy to house a set of guns for emergencies.
>>
>>34504609
This was meant for
>>34503192
>>
>>34502946
No hi points. I hadn't even planned any PCCs since I'm not leaving cans with them.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.