[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walmart Sporting Goods Associate Q&A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: CPQq8jx.jpg (476KB, 683x1006px) Image search: [Google]
CPQq8jx.jpg
476KB, 683x1006px
I'm bored and figured this could be a fun idea I work at a walmart and am a non salaried associate in sporting goods, I'm free to answer any questions including why most people you encounter working at your local store are fuck ups, and knowing the return of ARs and other tidbits.

AR platforms are coming into most to all stores that carry rifles and shotguns including companies like colt dpms sig and more I got some vendors I gotta contact for specific dates but our gun of the month program starts in August which is going to be a gun that comes with attachments and shit tier goodies for a discounted price each month every store will get a few to sell.

To answer why . 22 ammo isn't being stocked anymore, our headquarters has decided that some stores sell either to much and to frequently that we lose sales on other types of ammo but case wise 22 only comes in large shipments so they cut it from our line. I am spreading word to North around stores and found a way to start getting it back but cci won't be sending any so you'll have to deal with Remington and whatever federal sends the drawback is a halt on ammon that don't sell at Walmart like 22 250 and small handgun rounds or unique rounds.
>>
>>34496088
Do you actually need a computer to sell a firearm at Walmart?

There's some Walmart in Virginia Beach that has anti - gun management so these refuse to sell guns (for the last 4 years and counting) by having their employees simply say they are waiting for headquarters to send the the back ground check computer to the store???

WTF!!!

I went enough times and called enough I finally had an employee spill the beans on anti - gun management.
>>
>>34496159
Actually yes and no. You can fill out a paper form and we read your info over phone to the FBI but each store does have the right to refuse to sell guns it's typically up to store manager, they even decide whether or not a Murphy gas station gets put there or not. Some stores do away with guns because of the hassle it puts on stores with the constant checks and ATF always on our dicks.
>>
>>34496088

>former wal-mart worker here

Sorry bro.
>>
>>34496088
wait so all walmarts are going to stop stocking .22?
>>
>>34496088
How come you guys don't have service phones at the sporting goods desk? Or is it just my local one?

Most other walmart like stores around here have one, but when I actually go to walmart I have to stand around at the desk until an employee happens by, or go hunt one down. Then I still have to wait for them to get the guy with keys to the ammo/gun case.
>>
>>34496293
>>
>>34496303
Yes our offices started cutting supplies to the stores when the election started ish
>>
>>34496355
It's your store and they breaking SOP we have to have phones within reach of all registers excluding the front registers where managers and cops are. And all stores have scheduling errors I work at the walmart in Fayetteville NC and have been working on getting issues like these fixed and I wish I was powerful l enough to fix all stores because I honestly have a passion for sporting goods stores
>>
>>34496293
Started as a cart pusher to look at ass all day and get free tan and workout and ended up being a great sales associate. I quit and came back when they offered me sporting goods. Which is sad because as an associate the manager doesn't know difference between handgun and rifle ammo or what grains are good for what and just poor work skills.
>>
Wait is Walmart bringing back ARs?
>>
>>34496435
Well they have a phone, but it faces the inside of the desk area and doesn't even have a sign saying "dial X for service" like I've seen other stores have. It looks to be just for employee use.

It sounds like you really care though. I'm not a fan of walmart personally, but if it was run by more people with your attitude my opinion of the company might change.
>>
>>34496637
I appreciate that and each store is different but try button combinations of 4 digits like 1111 or 2222 or 3333 ect my stores is 4444 you will hear a beep beep beep beeeee at this point anything you say will be broadcast to whole store simply say attention associates attention associates customer service is needed at the sporting goods counter and repeat message try to sound professional so they don't know it was a customer making page out.
>>
>>34496522
Yes I as an associate cannot wait to use my discount also side note check your stores for their ruger mdl 64f 22 lr rifles our store is dropping that model and it's price is as of now 35 dollars I shit you not.
>>
>>34496702

>used to be a grocery manager at a kroger

Can't tell you how many times I've went into other Krogers and done shit like that, just because I fucking can.

Also, wear a fucking blue polo and a name badge and you could walk into any Kroger and nobody would give a fuck since turnover is so high.

>Who are you?
>Oh hi, I'm (blank). They told me to come in tonight and finish training!

But go after 10-11pm before usually an ASM or Store Manager is there until that time, usually 10.
>>
>>34497060
Honestly if you walk into a walmart and walk with purpose and dress semi important walmart associates don't care. And if you go in the back they won't stop you. And what really would suck if you walked into a Kroger and said that and they did hands on training for a couple hours and you didn't even get paid.
>>
>>34496702
how much trouble would i get in if i went in a store and made sex noises into the phone or something
>>
>>34497151

Kroger doesn't do hands on training.

A few hours on the computer and then you get your ass to work. It's very disorganized. One reason why I left.

>>34497199

Depends on the area. I worked at a Kroger in niggertown. Cleaning lady would get on the intercom at night and "yall niggas need to get da fuck up outta here, da store is closed!" or she'd shit talk the employees. Contract worker and nobody gave a shit.

We had crackheads come in, also a lady that would walk around the employees bending over to expose herself. Wearing a skirt with no panties, but she was like 50 and ugly and also a crackhead.

Gotta understand that retail workers are generally paid shit (unless it's union) so nobody gives a fuck if you wanna act a fool.
>>
>>34497151
I deliver refrigerated and frozen groceries to Wal-Mart stores and don't get any looks when I go straight to the back. Just in shorts and a t shirt.
>>
>>34497271
do they have any cool stuff in the back? what goes on back there?
>>
>>34497280
Kinky stuff. Involving zipties and discarded cans of creamed corn.
>>
>>34497199
No just makes walmart change the number to another 4 digit but just ask associates how to do it or look at phones.
>>
>>34497271

Pretty much universal truck driver garb.

Shorts, a dirty shirt, a cheap $5 safety vest, hat, and don't forget a headset because half of you fuckers talk on your phones all the goddamn time. Blend right in.

Bonus points if you're black.
>>
>>34496088
>Walmart
Greetings, fellow drone.
>>
I live in a shitty state that doesn't allow ammo to be shipped to residential addresses. Walmart's my only choice for decently priced ammo, but it's usually picked pretty clean when I go.
Can I get you guys to special order me cases of ammo?
Bonus: Is there a bulk discount?
>>
>>34496159
I work at the Wally World on Lynnhaven Parkway, so I know you're not talking about that shop. Our GM is cool as shit, and shoots trap and skeet.
>>
>>34496088
Current CAP 2 here. Waiting till black Friday to use that %25 off to buy a mini 14 here.
>>
>>34498412
>CAP 2
Stop fucking up my pet department and putting shit where it dosen't go you fuck.
t. CAP 1
>>
>>34497318
Whats the pay like?
I was always under the impression that its min wage but I've had people tell me otherwise if youre a good worker.
>>
>>34496088
I can't imagine learning what all those buttons and knobs do.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.