[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Flag bungee'd to vest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 098556765.jpg (286KB, 2048x1250px) Image search: [Google]
098556765.jpg
286KB, 2048x1250px
I know I've seen it before, but can't find any pictures.

Does anyone have pics of US Soldiers, its usually SF guys, with the American flag rolled up and attached to the back of their vest? I'm trying to find where I can buy one myself.

pic only semi related
>>
>>34495600
http://spiritussystems.com/flag-bungee/
>>
its more of a recent thing, I'd say no earlier than 2014
>>
>>34495600
Go to a store, the 4th just passed should be flags everywhere.
>>
>>34495600
do the special forces get to buy their own gear if they want or do they have to use the stuff the government gives them?
>>
File: casual operating.jpg (172KB, 962x643px) Image search: [Google]
casual operating.jpg
172KB, 962x643px
>>34495631
alright cool. Now I just need a picture to prove to people that I'm not an idiot. pls
>>
>>34495600
I don't have any pics, but we did it overseas. It's called a "mission" flag. Basically you now have a flag with a cool story. This is really only done once or twice for however many flags you desire.

>>34495688
It depends on your unit and leadership. Generally you can get away with your own pouches, bags, and even rifle furniture.

>>34495706
You're not, but I wouldn't bother buying that system. $2worth- or free from supply- of rubber bands and zip ties will get you something just as secure, but won't make you look autistic.
>>
File: flag.jpg (1MB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
1MB, 1280x853px
>>
your patriotism is appreciated but you don't want to wear bright red white and blue on your torso in a gun fight
>>
>>34495963
odds are if they're gonna shoot you because you're wearing a US flag they were gonna shoot you anyway
>>
>>34496029
no, the point is if you're going to use your gear for any theoretical combat scenario, you don't want to wear a bright piece of cloth on your gear. it is counter intuitive to all logic of modern combat. they wont shoot you because you're wearing a us flag. they'll shoot you because they see your 500 meters away in the brush with your american flag on your gear
>>
>>34495946

>Not wearing the flag as if it were a cape.
>>
>>34495946
dont they have enough shit to carry without strapping flags on their back
>>
>>34496195
if the enemy is close enough to see a rolled up flag on your back, your camo isn't going to save you.
also their position was probably already given away when they rolled up in a big ass mrap or similar vehicle.
>>
>>34496335
but what if ur walking through the forest and u hear a patrol coming so u have to hide in a bush and hope ur camo blends u in enough that they dont notice u and walk right by
>>
>>34496335
That's incredibly disingenuous. Anything that makes you stand out and more recognizable is detrimental. Camo isn't meant to make you perfectly invisible, it just buys you time while the enemy is visually processing what exactly they're looking at. If you mark yourself with highly visible colors you might as well not be wearing camo at all. Not to mention dead weight. It's stupid no matter how you spin it.
>>
>>34496406
if they notice the flag it would be the last thing they see... you still have the element of surprise
>>
>>34496491
>>34496195
>>34495963
Doesn't really matter when you're operating at night dude. Maybe you should try it sometime.
>>
>>34496491
they aren't wearing a fucking red white and blue unitard. its a rolled up flag on their BACK. if they can see that your position has already been compromised along time ago. Im not saying every situation you should have a rolled up flag on your back but its not gonna do shit 90% of the time.
>>
>>34496736
yea but their lives are on the line why wouldn't they min/max their effectiveness by not putting red white and blue on them and carrying dead weight
>>
>>34496195
Look at the thumbnail on >>34495946

How visible are those flags without blowing up the image? Or the rolled sleeves showing off their white-ass arms? Or the un-camoflagued helmet on the guy on the left?

It's not super hard to break up the outline of the human body.
>>
>>34496564
combat doesn't happen in your ideal conditions
>>34496736
go prone. lay on your front. something on your back is extremely visible.
>>
>>34496901
what the human eye picks up at range is different from what you get on a thumbnail image
the concept is similar but if you're going off thumbnails for how camouflaged you'll be, you might as well be PEO soldier going ahead with the mass production of UCP
>>
>>34496898
>flag
>dead weight
get a load of this commie
>>
>>34496911
>combat doesn't happen in your ideal conditions
Yeah it happens in the dark which isn't ideal for the enemy.
>>
>>34495600
they are taking those flags out on missions and when they return home they give them to family/friends as gifts. sometimes with a certificate that vaguely says that the flag was carried by so and so in whatever country on missions
>>
>>34495631
lol why is this a thing. just use zip-ties or 550
>>
>>34496974
the "enemy", whoever they are, are not AI in a video game. people learn quick in wars (especially if they're not from the middle east) and there will be people in a theoretical war scenario working just as hard as you to figure out your tactics and attack you when you are not prepared. be smart, not complacent
>>
>>34496977

This. LGS owner has two of them above his front door. Given to him by local vets.
>>
>>34496996
you're forgetting that people are literally wearing the flags on their backs in the middle of a actual war
>>
>>34496996
I can tell just from the way you are talking you are some overweight meps dq'd guy.
>>
>>34496996

lmao shut the fuck up loser
>>
>>34497059
this. jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>34497039
...what?
>>34497040
ive never even attempted to enlist nor am i fat
but keep trying to attack my character and physical build?? (which you can't even derive any conclusion from because this is 4chan)

im very amused by the massive amount of resistance to being told not to wear a bright colored object in combat on your torso

war is not a fashion show
keep the flag in your pack and pull it out for the cameras, not for your enemy to spot you
>>
File: 23498723.jpg (82KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
23498723.jpg
82KB, 980x735px
>>34497087
>>
>>34497087
It clearly doesn't matter that they're exposing the bright and beautiful colors of the stars and stripes in the middle of your proclaimed "COMBAT ZONE".

IT
DOESN'T
MATTER

Ask these guys yourself if you want a real answer, anyone else giving you an explanation is a liar, and you're being disingenuous to yourself for behaving like an armchair faggot trying to decipher the truth on a Mandalorian soap-making forum.
>>
>>34497113
the real problem here is that with the flag on they cant go prone and roll on their back otherwise the flag would touch the ground which is against the rules
>>
the larping is real
>>
>>34497123
You don't roll on your back with a backpack on you stupid faggot.
>>
>>34496996
This doesn't really apply when you're fighting Akmehd in Afghanistan. When we stop doing that, then guys will probably stop rolling with mission flags.

>>34497087
Jesus dude, this post straight up proves you're an out of shape autistic loser who couldn't qualify for the military.
>>
>>34495946
what kind of boots are they wearing? they dont look like the standard issue ones
>>
>>34497167
SF wear whatever footwear they want. Probably a proper pair of Oboz or Salomans.
>>
They look like Saloman Quests of some variety.
>>
>>34497177
>>34497167
They're Saloman Quests, I have a pair they're pretty good if a bit heavy.
>>
>>34496911
no...no it isn't. because your back is still arched and your head is in the fucking way. or do you bury your face in the dirt and not return fire or keep situational awareness?
>>
>>34497142
these people dont even have backpacks on >>34495946
>>
File: 1482372665142.png (87KB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1482372665142.png
87KB, 268x325px
>>34497200
>Saloman Quests
>Heavy
Did you dip them in a bucket of cement?
>>
>>34497250
They're heavy compared to a lot of the other ultra lights and low profile boots that have become popular now. But no, they're heavy outside of that context.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.