[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.22 Pistols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0036.png (419KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.png
419KB, 1400x425px
Hey /k/,

I took my girlfriends brothers/father shooting today, and while they have shot before they were relatively new to it.

I have a .22 rifle and a couple handguns I brought (.45 and a tokorev).

They all had a good time and shot everything but the younger brother definitely spent most of his time on the .22 rifle instead of the handguns and I think that was due to recoil.

So my question to you is what are good .22 handguns? My dad has a Ruger my II which is really nice but I wanted to know what other .22 handgun options /k/ might be fond of.

>stock photo because I don't have any .22 handguns
>>
>>34495383
The Ruger MKIV is great and ridiculously easy to take apart.
>>
>>34495399
I have seen the takedown of a Mk IV and it gives me an erection.
>>
>>34495383
You and your family are all faggots
Why the fuck wood you take newfags shooting?
You are literally polluting my hobby with nooby retards
I hope they kill you accidentaly you dumb faggot
Fuck im mad now
>>
either the mk2 or the mk4

There are some neat variants of the 22/45 lite but they arent worth it compared to the mk2 or the mk4
>>
>>34495383
Ruger mk 4, or one of the 22 cowboy guns
>>
If that .45 is a 1911 you could find a .22 conversion. No experience personally, but I beleive they may be had at prices similar to or less than a new pistol.

Bonus: use .22 conversion for yourself to practice handling skills on the cheap
>>
File: 67b.jpg (166KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
166KB, 600x450px
>>34495606
Are you under the impression that you weren't a newfag to guns at one point? Hey everyone! Look at this baby with a gun in one hand, and his mom's dick in the other. Fuck off "Hunter".
>>
>>34495666
>>34495383
you can also buy 7.62 tokarev conversions for your 1911. pretty fun.
>>
>>34495692
>yum yum yum gimme dat bait
>>
>>34495702
9mm always an option also

9mm or tok probs better than .22 for realiably cycling/etc anyway

Also either one would have little felt recoil in a frame meant for .45
>>
I'm seeing most people going for the ruger mk series so I'll probably end up with that

But as >>34495666 said I'll probably look into a .22 conversion for my 1911. I just don't know how reliably those feed.
>>
File: IMG_0526.jpg (742KB, 1632x838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0526.jpg
742KB, 1632x838px
>>34495383
>>
>>34495383
cowboy, single 6. auto, that. I want to spend a shit ton on something worth passing down, model 41.
>>
>>34495860
>.22 conversion for my 1911. I just don't know how reliably those feed.
they are shit
initially for roughly 300-400 rounds they work ok but anything past that is jamtastic
when they get dirty the slide travel slows to a crawl.
if you just want a gun that works youd be better off with a mk or buckmark
>>
>>34495383
Mark IV if you want a quality pistol you'll be happy to pass down to your heirs.

If you just want something cheap there are 22lr revolvers you can find for $120 from time to time.

I've got a Mark IV and I love it though, it's absolutely gorgeous in stainless steel.
>>
File: RangeTrip4.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
RangeTrip4.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>34495383
I love my NEOS. The selling points for me were ease of disassembly (especially compared to the MKII or MKIII.) and the standard bull barrel and rail.

It's really fun to mag dump 10, reload and mag dump again. And accurately too.
>>
>>34495951
nes zapper .22
>>
>>34495965
Meh, I like the space gun vibe. I almost wish I had the inox version though.
>>
Best-Best, wrt to ergos, reliability, and aftermarket parts has to be a Used Ruger Mk-II. Find a clean used example.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.