[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carl Gustaf M3 and M4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: gustaf.jpg (198KB, 3072x1366px) Image search: [Google]
gustaf.jpg
198KB, 3072x1366px
My dudes, I need to pull any and all available info on the Carl Gustaf. The Marine Corps is getting rid of the SMAW and we're switching to the Gustaf in a few months. Now us 0351s sure as fuck aren't getting the newest M4 Gustafs, so I can only assume they'll be giving us the M3s. Can I get a hand from you guys in pooling all available info on the Gustaf? Thanks my dudes.
>>
>>34494212
>leave it to the Marine corps to be 20+ years behind the Army

Contact the Ranger Regiment.

They started using those back in the early 90's to replace their old school M67 90's.
>>
>>34494240
We're supposed to be getting some SOF unit to come out and train us up on it, but being the Marine Corps I doubt it'll happen.
>>
>>34494248
I'm pretty sure NAVSOF has been using them for a while as well.

Call up one of your vanilla SEAL teams and see if they can help you out.

Regardless, it's a good piece of kit.
>>
>>34494333
I have like no connections. I'm literally just an E3
>>
Didn't you use the FGM-148 burgers ?
>>
>>34494370
If it's like any piece of us military equipment it has the instructions written on it.

However, being a marine you won't know how to read it because there's no pictures.
>>
>>34494402
Nope! That MOS is 0352 Anti Tank Missileman.
>>
>>34494421
First part is not true, no pictures with it. But it's still easy to operate. Second part is true.
>>
>>34494370
So quit being a pussy and use some g'damn initiative. Find a DSN phone book, call up the OPS NCO for a team, or Regiment, and see if they'll help you out with training resources.

It's not hard, dude.
>>
don't forget to check the venturi lock senpai
>>
>>34494486
aye aye my dude
>>
>>34494212
11B here, shot some Gustaf shells before, some random info:

The weapon is idiot proof, except two parts: some shells have safeties on the back, some don't. Know what ammo you have. This is also important cause of how the sight works.

To sight: you pull out the stop to set it to the correct line indicating the right kind of ammo (based on velocity, but you can guess by mass if you are using some weird round). Then you turn it to the range you're aiming at. This is much easier to fuck up than it sounds so read the TM.

Ammo types? HEAT, tandem HEAT (which I've never seen), thermobaric (which I haven't seen, but know SF use), canister, and airburst. For airburst, turn the dial on the nose to the range you want.

It's a decent weapon except for the shock. The Army accidentally discovered via the helmet-mounted TBI sensor that arty, 120mm mortars, and the Gustaf were also reaching that range of injury (and promptly canceled the program, last year IIRC). You've probably heard about the "tear your cardiac membrane" rumors from long before.

It's mostly true. You won't die after 6 rounds, which was the safe limit I was taught. You will be exhausted and bleeding from multiple orifices around the 30 shot mark, and I would not be surprised if you did have a heart attack earlier.

It's not really a problem, since the default 2-man team only carries about 6 shells. Get an ALICE pack frame and strap the issue cases onto that.
>>
>>34494212
They might be called recoilless rifles but don't be fooled! Those ice jews over the pond pulled a fast one on ol' uncle Sam, if you place the back end against your crotch to do the dick gun stunt, they kick like a motherfucker when fired!
>>
buy one of those deactivated M2s from numrich and find out yourself
>>
>>34494212
Sounds like a bunch of scuttlebutt. I haven't heard any news about Marines replacing the SMAW with Gustavs since they invested in upgrading to the SMAW II
>>
File: DSC00780.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00780.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
Doubled up hearing protection at all times, triple flange earpro is a no-go because the vibrations will cause them to wiggle too far into your ears to retrieve without needlenose pliers, foamies a best.

Don't fire it prone if you don't have to, not only does this decrease your rounds-per-day limit from 6 down to 1, but your face and legs will get fucked up by anything mall enough for the blast to move.

When you're using the elevation knob, always set it back to "0m" before you push it back into the rail, otherwise you'll fuck up the little gears inside.

It's issued with a pair of dumb looking shower-caps, they're safe to shoot through but shooting this thing in the rain is a pain in the chode anyway.

When it comes time for your AG to reload, he can press the venturi release lever forward with respect to the launcher like a forward assist, this will knock the spent casing a good inch or two out, allowing him to grab it easier.

Yes, you can tape a cheatsheet to the side of it to remember what elevation setting on the dial to use for each round.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>34494781
Uuuhhhhh, yeah no. They haven't said shit about a SMAW II. I believe the reason is, and I'm not sure that the SAMW II uses the same rockets as the SMAW, but we recalled all rockets due to manufacture error and dudes were getting hurt from them. So now we're going to the Gustaf. That's official word that I've heard is that we are getting them.
>>
>>34494858
Kill! That's good shit I wanted to know. >>34494593
Same to you fellow grunt
>>
File: 1493872568849.png (1MB, 1367x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1493872568849.png
1MB, 1367x1532px
>>34494781
I fucking love the SMAW, and the SMAW II would've solved most problems the SMAW had (namely the fuggin spotting rifle) she was my baby. But with that one SMAW blowing up in ITB I think they'll want to move away from it.
>mfw I got a brand new SMAW as a boot
>mfw I realized that every single dink or scratch was my fault, so I spent hours scrubbing, cleaning and even sharpieing the thing so I wouldn't get fucked with (as much)
>>
>>34496194
I think it's pretty cool actually. I would have LOVED to get a brand new SMAW, but FUCK no, that hit is not happening. The ones we have are absolute shit too. The spotting rifles barely work. Since the rocket got recalled I haven't ever gotten to shoot one.
>>
>>34496194
Wait you had a SMAW BLOW THE FUCK UP in ITB???
>>
>>34494781
Which is louder the SMAW or CG?
>>
>>34496342
No apparently one blew up recently in ITB and I'm about to get out so I was nowhere near ITB when it went off. But none of the assaultmen can even use it anymore because of that and it seems that finally our MOS is going away
>>
>>34496529
I think the SMAW actually. It's on the same DB level as an Abrams.
>>
>>34496533
Yeah we're done in 2020 or some shit. I think it must have been the class either before me or the one right before that because my class was the only one to never get to shoot the SMAW, wheras the last one did.
>>
>>34496581
A shame bro shooting a SMAW was the best part of the Marines for me. What unit are you getting sent to bro?
>>
>>34496629
I'm 3/7 right meow. That was literally the only reason I wanted to be an assautman was to shoot fucking rockets at shit and blow it up. Don't get me wrong, demo is fucking cool but rockets get me hard.
>>
File: carl_gustaf_m4.jpg (30KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
carl_gustaf_m4.jpg
30KB, 600x400px
Has anyone adopted the M4 Gustav yet?
>>
>>34494212
so M3/M4 is better than SMAW? why?
>>
File: NkhujHc.jpg (230KB, 1205x935px) Image search: [Google]
NkhujHc.jpg
230KB, 1205x935px
>>34497865
Better range, more options for ammo and optics. Aside from HEAT, its got illumination, flechette, airburst, and tandem rounds. The Gustav has more room to grow than the SMAW

Rounds are smaller and are easier to carry compared to the big ass SMAW tubes
>>
>>34494212
>my dudes

Underage ban please.
>>
>>34497906
Suck my dicc fgt
>>
>>34494858
You are a boon to this world.
>>
>>34494212
Man im gonna miss my smaw
>>
Man, I had an abusive relationship with ol' Charlie as a conscript.
Every day we fired that fucker I ended up with nosebleed, it beat me like a trailer park wife but I still loved it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.