[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The monkey model M1 Abrams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

How thick is the M1A1 Abrams' armour without the Depleted Uranium layers? More specifically how good is the armour on the Australian M1A1 AIM and the Moroccan M1A1 SA?

Is it still a good tank without it, or is it a steel coffin riding on the reputation of its DU-equipped US brothers?
>>
>>34490987
doesn't it still have the ceramics?
>>
File: export armor.png (21KB, 896x142px) Image search: [Google]
export armor.png
21KB, 896x142px
Exact nature is classified for obvious reasons, what is known from transportation markings is that the armor package is as heavy, or slightly heavier, then the standard DU array. Given weight similarities the official line that protection levels are comparable is entirely reasonable.
>>
It's probably leopard 2 tier armor.
>>
>>34490987
>Australian M1A1 AIM
I think they were the only country that has been offered the DU. They declined as the Gov has some issues surrounding nuclear components.
>>
>>34490987
It's not that "layers" are being removed. It's a totally different armor kit.

Base model M1 rated between 350mm to 470mm (RHA) against APFSDS and 650mm to 700mm (RHA) for HEAT, depending on who you ask (Russians said 470mm and 650mm respectively).

That is pretty good for twenty years ago, and still pretty good today in most cases. IDK about the moraccan tanks but the Australian one's supposedly are almost as well armored as the M1A2 and Chally 2, but Ausfags declined space magic materials because of weight or environmentalism or something.

Now stop being a lazy faggot and go read the wiki or something. I'm sure all the answers you seek are a google search away.
>>
>>34491384
Weird... seeing as Australia mines a fuckton of Uranium every year
>>
>>34491384
>nuclear components
wtf? they refused DU ?
can someone teach them a thing or two about depleted uranium
>>
>>34490987
Australian Abrams are not monkey models.
>>
>>34491492
>Base model M1 rated between 350mm to 470mm (RHA) against APFSDS and 650mm to 700mm (RHA) for HEAT, depending on who you ask (Russians said 470mm and 650mm respectively).
Yeah senpai, that's not an M1A1 though, and I asked about the Aussie and Moroccan tanks specifically because they have different armor packages than the standard non-DU equipped Abrams.

>Now stop being a lazy faggot and go read the wiki or something. I'm sure all the answers you seek are a google search away.
Rude. And no, they aren't. That's kind of why I'm asking if someone here is knowledgeable on the subject.
>>
>>34491649
Gotta process it to separate out the 238 from the trace 235, 237
>>
>>34491781
Nah what I mean is that if its a moral stance the Australian govt is taking against Nuclear technology, then its a bit hypocritical to mine it and sell it to someone who will make use of it most likely for Nuclear Tech
>>
>>34491690
You are SO fucking lazy.

>Soviet estimates for the M1A1, 600 mm vs APFSDS, and 700 mm vs HEAT.
>M1A1HA, Zaloga gives a frontal armor estimate of 600 mm vs APFSDS and 1300 mm vs HEAT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams

But wait... there's more!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?634074-Modern-Tanks-Comparisons(armor-levels-firepower-speed-)

As I said, all your answers are a google search away. At least all the answers that are publicly available. If you aren't satisfied, then go digging deeper yourself. If you don't like being called a lazy faggot, then don't be a lazy faggot. The cost for assistance around here is typically being berated for your fucking stupidity and laziness. Good night :)
>>
>>34491886
>M1A1HA
That's a model with depleted uranium armor, moron. Stop being a tryhard faggot that tries to own people and answer a question like a normal person, otherwise shut up you rude fuck
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
But the real question here is: is it emu-proof?
>>
>>34491975
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!

Apparently, fagnut, you missed the FIRST FUCKING LINE OF GREENTEXT where you would find EXACTLY what you asked for.... the armor ratings of M1A1 frontal armor against sabot and HEAT.

Stop being a fucking retard and either accept that you've been given exactly what you asked for, or fuck off and find out yourself what I have demonstrated you COULD learn in mere seconds on google if you weren't such a lazy turdburger.
>>
>>34492135
Dude, the Finno-Korean Hyperwar is over. There's no need to emu-proof things anymore
>>
>>34491674
They don't have DU.
>>
>>34492415
Correct, they also use a different armor package than Arab countries have.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.