[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Massachusetts Resident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: natl-v-ma-compliant.jpg (175KB, 1200x1553px) Image search: [Google]
natl-v-ma-compliant.jpg
175KB, 1200x1553px
Hey /k/,

I'm moving to Pittsfield, Massachusetts in the next few weeks for a new job. I'm looking to buy a few guns for home defense and possibly ccing. I was looking up the laws and it says that AR style rifles are banned, but I've also seen other information that says its fine as long as it doesn't have two "assault features" listed in their laws.

If I'm looking to purchase an AR-15 style rifle, and a carry pistol, what kind of process should I expect? How long does it take to get an FID and also the LTC? I heard its about a 6-8 month wait from a friend who lives there for the LTC.

Are private sales the way to go? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>Assault Features
FIRE
AUTO
>>
>>34490943
>I was looking up the laws and it says that AR style rifles are banned, but I've also seen other information that says its fine as long as it doesn't have two "assault features" listed in their laws.
You have to stop listening to retarded fudds and anti-gunners because they're fucking stupid. Actually look up your state's laws

Also I heard MA has a license bullshit program so look up that too

t. NYfag with a retarded butchered AR-15 and a thordson stock
>>
>>34490943
>Pittsfield

You poor thing, Pittsfield is a literal shithole surrounded by insanely rich towns. Have fun with the vacationing Jew Yorkers, Connecticunts and Jersey fags. What job?

LTC takes a good 3-6 months to come in after you've done the safety class and all the paperwork.
You can only buy ARs privately on armslist or northeast shooters, and they're going to be sorely over priced. Like 1200 dollars for a basic bitch M&P Sport. The state recently put P320s on their handgun roster, and you can probably pick up gen4 glocks at a ridiculous markup on armslist. FNSs are available, there's always shields and M&P handguns. Armslist will be your friend, without a doubt.

t.westernmassfag

ps. I used to drive an armored truck and my route was south Berkshire County, including pittsfield. so if you need help with the area, i can answer questions.
>>
>>34490971
The license actually lets you own "scarier" weapons and high cap mags.

And since massholes can (but legally shouldn't) just go to New Hampshire, Maine, or Vermont even to get high caps and scary guns then its kind of a moot point.

Its kind of why a lot of gun control in Illinois, DC, Maryland, and the Northeast Tristate area have their gun laws extremely underminded as it is quite easy for their progun and criminal citizens to just go out of state. Hell they don't call the I95 the Iron Pipeline for a reason.

Of course, given that the stupid FOPA law is supposed to protect gun owners traveling through antigun states in the first place with scary black rifles, then it becomes kind of a grey zone.
>>
>>34490943
how is the MA version so much heavier with fewer features??
>>
>>34491047

Doing some engineering for GD. Sorry for not replying quickly, running errands so I might be late to reply. Thank you guys for the heads up. I heard about northeast shooters but I didnt know about the markup. Will keep an eye out for it.

Is it legal at all to order parts from PSA and then ship to an FFL? Or does that fall under the scary black rifle policy? I read you dont need to register long guns so thats why I ask.
>>
File: Jo8BM9j_d.jpg (68KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
Jo8BM9j_d.jpg
68KB, 640x428px
>>34491171
No, the AG did this cunty thing a couple years back by saying the new ARs and AKs that were compliant with MA state law, weren't, even though they were. So all the stores pulled their stock of assault weapons and now you cannot get them in store. You cannot buy any lower receiver made after July 20th, 2016. So you cannot order any parts from PSA other than upper assemblies and other parts. PSA actually doesn't ship to MA for that very reason.

You are a part of a defacto regristy. So whenever you do a private sale you have to report the transfer on the MA firearms website. Failing to do so could get you 10 years in prison, if they find out.

Also have fun at GD, and despite the shitty laws the Berkshires are absolutely gorgeous and full of outdoorsy shit to do and plenty of great restaurants and bars. You're close Vermont, the Pioneer valley, and the Deerfield River. If you feel like it, drive out to Quabbin reservoir and find an entrance and go exploring. It's fucking gigantic and full of trails.
Pic related.
>>
>>34491499
I swear, if your Masshole ass tailgates me on I-89, I will put a triple ball hitch through your radiator and then scalp you.
t. New Hampshireman
>>
>>34491806
Meant for >>34491171
as well
>>
>>34490943
I live in Massachusetts
GET OUT NOW
RUN
DON'T COME HERE
YOUR JOB ISN'T WORTH YOUR FREEDOM

Been trying for months to get my LTC but I was hospitalized as a kid for OCD and shit you did as a minor goes on your record, so been digging up info trying to figure out if that disqualifies me.
If it does, then I need an affidavit from my primary care doctor, who is a Liberal who wont even return my calls when asked on the affidavit.

FLEE
>>
>>34491806
Don't worry, I'll just pass your shitty truck.

And then flip you off and yell at you while doing so.
>>
>>34491817

Never met a person with a New Hampshire plate that could drive in one lane. ;)
>>
>>34491166
almost a pound heavier and 4" shorter. i dont get it either.
unless the barrel lengths arent the same
>>
>>34491872

I don't have any criminal or medical record. All I have is normal checkups with my general doctor so unless booster shots are illegal I think I'll be fine. I just want something strong enough so if I'm hiking and cross something big I can get out safely.

What do you guys normally have as a long rifle choice? Do you end up doing the whole "featureless rifle" thing or do you just bite the bullet and register an older AR?
>>
>>34491939
>>34491166

I'm not sure. I saw it as an image related to MA guns so I used it.
>>
>>34491954
All guns will get registered, unless you buy it private sale and across state lines.

You would be doing an illegal transfer if you bought a gun cash and didnt report the transaction.

Tavors are legal, M1As are legal. Mini-14s are legal.

It's weird here. I have an AR. Sometimes you can find one at a reasonable price.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.